Hey guys, I'm in a bit of a hurry right now, so I can't really explain too much. I got the W3000ANV but didn't get what I was really looking for. I'll be returning those, and I really want a headphone or IEM that can deliver a strong midrange. I'd like the midrange to just jump off my MP3 and take off through the rest of the music. The price range can go up all the way to $200. I'm broadening my restrictions and saying that I'll deal with bass and treble issues as long as they're not too bad.
Related Forum Threads
- Best headphones for movies? Last post on 2/19/15 at 3:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- Shootout - Entry to Mid-range Full Size Cans - Feat. ATH-M50, HD 558, and HE-400 Last post on 2/23/15 at 7:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD 558 VS 598? Last post on 2/15/15 at 12:38am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sennheiser HD 558 VS 598 Last post on 2/11/15 at 1:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- In the market for a pair of headphones, but no place to demo any. So how do I go about this? Last post on 2/11/15 at 12:51pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Introduction I initially caught wind of Flare Audio and their offerings through a friend's Facebook post. Cutting a long story short I clicked the link and with each detail I read became more...
Love this pair of headphones. Huge sound stage. Great for classical music. The bass is not shabby and is good enough to enjoy Coldplays Viva la Vida. Of course comprable amplifiers are necessry...
I had these a while back and found them to be pretty good alas they did have a couple things that spoiled them. Comfort: Finding the best earbuds took a bit of time. Although once you did,...
DUNU TITAN 1 - QUICK REVIEW photos taken from the internet Specifications Driver: 13mm Titanium Diaphragm Dynamic Driver Impedance:16Ω Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency:...
At the time this review was written, the MKLL M-1 was on sale for $79.00 USD on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
Headphones or IEMs with Powerful and "In Your Face" Forward Midrange
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Sennheiser's open-back range (e.g. HD558, 5xx) are known for delightfully smooth, detailed, and forward mids. Anything below mid-bass is non-existent and highs are rolled off quite early with little extension. They will be well under $200 and you can easily find a deal on them most of the time.
- Headphones or IEMs with Powerful and "In Your Face" Forward Midrange
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 32 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread 1 minute ago
- › Chord Hugo 1 minute ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 4 minutes ago
- › MASS-Kobo Headphone Amp. model404 4 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 4 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 5 minutes ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 6 minutes ago
- › The NEW Cayin C5 portable power house. 6 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio R2Pro Earphones by dnun8086
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by Chiek
- › Sennheiser CX 880 Premium Ear Canal Headphones by interpolate
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Paulus XII
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Aune B1 by Cotnijoe
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by WifiWizard
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2