- 117 Posts. Joined 11/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- productCreative Aurvana Live! Headphonestagged by System, 11/28/12
- productFiio E3 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 12/3/12
- productGrado SR60 Headphonestagged by System, 11/28/12
- productGrado SR60i Headphonestagged by System, 11/28/12
- productKoss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open )tagged by System, 11/28/12
- productSanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Blacktagged by System, 11/28/12
- productSennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Blacktagged by System, 11/28/12
- productV-MODA XFLPR-ROUGE Crossfade LP Overear Headphones (Rouge)tagged by System, 11/28/12
Related Forum Threads
- Best choice for Headphones under 100$ Last post on 4/29/13 at 11:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones around 100$ Last post on 12/7/12 at 11:05am in Headphones (full-size)
- Budget Headphones between $60-100 Last post on 9/26/12 at 10:33am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Portapro upgrade Last post on 7/23/12 at 3:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones for around 100$? Last post on 7/29/12 at 9:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
The Sennheiser Momentum On Ear is bursting with goodness. Nice looks, sound, and great value to go with it. Now, Let's go straight into it! These look so phenomenal, with all that alcantara...
The Sennheiser PX 360 headphones look good, and are very comfortable, at least to me, but the earcups fit just nicely over my ears. Any smaller and I would not be able to fit these over my ears....
Bass response doesn't bleed to the vocals or any other frequency whatsoever, thin lightweight cable with no microphonics and small plug to connect to portable devices. Some people called...
I don't consider them nice or even fun but everytime I'm working out I feel like I made a great investment. Going out with my Westone 4R or my customs make me feel paranoid to some extend. The...
I noticed so much praise around here that my expectations were quite high and I gotta say: I was not disappointed at all. There's little new we can say about such a famous/infamous IEM. I bought a...
Sansa clip zip headphonespost #1 of 3511/26/12 at 5:12pmThread StarterI have koss portapros on order did i make a mistake i listen mostly to rock and metal music.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 3511/26/12 at 5:14pmpost #3 of 3511/26/12 at 5:17pmThread Starterhttp://www.amazon.com/Crossfade-Over-Ear-Noise-Isolating-Headphone-Gunmetal/dp/B003BYRGKY/ref=sr_1_7?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1353978957&sr=1-7&keywords=headphones i have the worst luck on these things first i order these after reading lots of reviews .luckly i read a few more who said these aint to good for rock
i been reading reviews all day glad i found this sitepost #4 of 3511/26/12 at 5:41pm
So how much do you want to spend? There are better headphones out there for <100, but for the price the koss is also good.
For rock you can also get Grado SR60.
Edited by proton007 - 11/26/12 at 6:00pmpost #5 of 3511/26/12 at 5:44pmThread Starteri would love to stay under 50 bucks. Looks dont matter to me at all .i just want decent sound for like 50 and below.but i understand ill be at the low end of the spectrum most my music is ripped at 128 wma. so i think amazeing headphones will be overkillpost #6 of 3511/26/12 at 7:09pmQuote:
Then I think the Koss is alright. Thats if you want something new. If you have access to a second hand market (maybe you can look around here on head-fi), you can get something better for under 50.
But serioulsy, consider using atleast 256kbps MP3 or AAC for your music. 128 is noticeably low quality.
Edited by proton007 - 11/26/12 at 7:11pmpost #7 of 3511/26/12 at 7:53pmThread StarterYeah the days i was ripping my cds i was ina hurry and didnt think of long term .if i went up to 80 bucks.is there something else you can recommend . i see the sonys v6 and creative aurora are in that price rangepost #8 of 3511/26/12 at 8:56pmQuote:
Sennheiser PX100-II ($50)
Grado SR60i ($79)
Creative Aurvana Live ($60) also a good choice.
Edited by proton007 - 11/26/12 at 8:59pmpost #9 of 3511/26/12 at 8:58pmThread StarterWell i just ordered the koss porto pros i mean 30 bucks cant go wrong....I doubt my dap is good enough for a better set anyways. I kinda recall having a pair that radio shack made years ago and they sounded decent. . Some day ill get a better dap and better headphones. Used to have sony minidisc and some mdr v6 it was a decent combo i miss minidisc. Ps this forum rockspost #10 of 3511/26/12 at 8:59pmThread Starterpost #11 of 3511/26/12 at 9:02pmQuote:
As I said, for $30 they're a good choice.post #12 of 3511/26/12 at 9:06pmThread Starterpost #13 of 3511/26/12 at 9:21pmQuote:
The Creative has a bass driven sound. Not sure if it works well for rock/metal, but really good for rap/hip hop/dub etc.
From what I read on head-fi, it seems the grado 60i/80i is recommended for rock/metal, but not good for music with high bass.post #14 of 3511/26/12 at 11:27pmThread StarterWell they droped the koss to 28 bucks so i bought them .LOL now there at 40 bucks . amazon sure does some odd stuff,.i also bought a cheap amp for 9 bucks im sure it will be awefull but ill only be out a little bitReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sansa clip zip headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Is this a good deal ? 55 seconds ago
- › Vision Ears and Rhines Custom Monitors (formerly Compact Monitors) 1 minute ago
- › FiiO E12DIY Limited Edition Version---DIY your own sound ! 3 minutes ago
- › Solid Open-Backs for $200 ($300 if bundled with DAC/AMP) 4 minutes ago
- › [NEW] Audio Technica CKR series (CKR10, CKR9, CKR7) 4 minutes ago
- › Steelseries Flux in ear 6 minutes ago
- › RS 180 - no sound coming through 6 minutes ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 7 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by LaPierre
- › Noble Audio FR by HideousPride
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by AManAnd88Keys
- › JBL J33 Premium In-Ear Headphones - Black by QyababAM
- › Sennheiser HD 580 by achelgeson
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob