- 228 Posts. Joined 11/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- productCreative Aurvana Live! Headphonestagged by System, 11/28/12
- productFiio E3 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 12/3/12
- productGrado SR60 Headphonestagged by System, 11/28/12
- productGrado SR60i Headphonestagged by System, 11/28/12
- productKoss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open )tagged by System, 11/28/12
- productSanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Blacktagged by System, 11/28/12
- productSennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Blacktagged by System, 11/28/12
- productV-MODA XFLPR-ROUGE Crossfade LP Overear Headphones (Rouge)tagged by System, 11/28/12
Related Forum Threads
- Seeking advice for the £40 ($60) range please Last post on 4/17/13 at 6:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best choice for Headphones under 100$ Last post on 4/4/15 at 9:40am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones around 100$ Last post on 12/7/12 at 11:05am in Headphones (full-size)
- Budget Headphones between $60-100 Last post on 9/26/12 at 10:33am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Portapro upgrade Last post on 7/23/12 at 3:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
Sansa clip zip headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
i been reading reviews all day glad i found this site
So how much do you want to spend? There are better headphones out there for <100, but for the price the koss is also good.
For rock you can also get Grado SR60.
Edited by proton007 - 11/26/12 at 6:00pm
Then I think the Koss is alright. Thats if you want something new. If you have access to a second hand market (maybe you can look around here on head-fi), you can get something better for under 50.
But serioulsy, consider using atleast 256kbps MP3 or AAC for your music. 128 is noticeably low quality.
Edited by proton007 - 11/26/12 at 7:11pm
Sennheiser PX100-II ($50)
Grado SR60i ($79)
Creative Aurvana Live ($60) also a good choice.
Edited by proton007 - 11/26/12 at 8:59pm
As I said, for $30 they're a good choice.
The Creative has a bass driven sound. Not sure if it works well for rock/metal, but really good for rap/hip hop/dub etc.
From what I read on head-fi, it seems the grado 60i/80i is recommended for rock/metal, but not good for music with high bass.
- Sansa clip zip headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 7 seconds ago
- › Reviews + impressions thread: Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI... 55 seconds ago
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 1 minute ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Ihifi 770 & 770c Thread 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares 2 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 2 minutes ago
- › Small powerful DAC/AMP with USB DAC, volume control, low output... 3 minutes ago
- › SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Black by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by xevman
- › Trinity - Techne Dynamic IEM by mark2410
- › Ubsound Fighter in-ear monitor with universal inline microphone and... by acain
- › T-Peos Altone250 by Cotnijoe
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A Stage Headphone Amplifier by JoeDoe
- › Aune B1 by avitron142
- › DUNU DN-2000J by tomscy2000
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by GrindedDown
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by ElMarcado
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2