- 228 Posts. Joined 11/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- productCreative Aurvana Live! Headphonestagged by System, 11/28/12
- productFiio E3 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 12/3/12
- productGrado SR60 Headphonestagged by System, 11/28/12
- productGrado SR60i Headphonestagged by System, 11/28/12
- productKoss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open )tagged by System, 11/28/12
- productSanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Blacktagged by System, 11/28/12
- productSennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Blacktagged by System, 11/28/12
- productV-MODA XFLPR-ROUGE Crossfade LP Overear Headphones (Rouge)tagged by System, 11/28/12
Related Forum Threads
- Seeking advice for the £40 ($60) range please Last post on 4/17/13 at 6:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best choice for Headphones under 100$ Last post on 4/4/15 at 9:40am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones around 100$ Last post on 12/7/12 at 11:05am in Headphones (full-size)
- Budget Headphones between $60-100 Last post on 9/26/12 at 10:33am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Portapro upgrade Last post on 7/23/12 at 3:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
This review is the summary section of Yulong DA8II in-depth review here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/779702/yulong-da8ii-in-depth-review Please visit the above thread for more...
[[SPOILER]] Introduction: Aune Audio has been making affordable audiophile products for quite a while now – They have a number of desktop DACs and amplifiers, and recently made an entry into the...
The ATH-CK9LTD’s were purchased by me and I’m not in any way affiliated with Audio-Technica. I’ve reviewed the ATH-CKR9 and ATH-CKR10 earlier, those reviews are available...
Intro: JDS Labs, Is an American company based in Collinsville, Illinois. They make headphone amplifiers & DAC’s. Mr. John Seaber is the man behind JDS Labs. We might remember JDS Labs when they...
For the price they offer great clarity, but I cannot reccomend these to people who mainly listen to bass heavy music. I still use my UM Pro10's regularly (I also have a pair of Audio Technica...
Sansa clip zip headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
i been reading reviews all day glad i found this site
So how much do you want to spend? There are better headphones out there for <100, but for the price the koss is also good.
For rock you can also get Grado SR60.
Edited by proton007 - 11/26/12 at 6:00pm
Then I think the Koss is alright. Thats if you want something new. If you have access to a second hand market (maybe you can look around here on head-fi), you can get something better for under 50.
But serioulsy, consider using atleast 256kbps MP3 or AAC for your music. 128 is noticeably low quality.
Edited by proton007 - 11/26/12 at 7:11pm
Sennheiser PX100-II ($50)
Grado SR60i ($79)
Creative Aurvana Live ($60) also a good choice.
Edited by proton007 - 11/26/12 at 8:59pm
As I said, for $30 they're a good choice.
The Creative has a bass driven sound. Not sure if it works well for rock/metal, but really good for rap/hip hop/dub etc.
From what I read on head-fi, it seems the grado 60i/80i is recommended for rock/metal, but not good for music with high bass.
- Sansa clip zip headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › TRINITY AUDIO ENGINEERING LAUNCH NEW CAMPAIGN FOR HIGH-END SPORTS... 34 seconds ago
- › Ultrasone Signature DJ 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand 3 minutes ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 3 minutes ago
- › Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.) 7 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Headphone Unveiled Today 7 minutes ago
- › EarSonics will launch a new premium universal iem at the end of the... 9 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 11 minutes ago
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 Impressions Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Yulong Audio DA8 II by earfonia
- › Aune X1S 32Bit/384KHz DSD DAC Headphone Amplifier black by avitron142
- › Audio-technica Ath-m50 Studio Monitor Headphones Limited Red Model... by peter123
- › JDS Labs ODAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Westone UM Pro10 High Performance Single Driver Noise-Isolating... by ShaftShanker
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Pokemonn
- › Brainwavz Jive by peter123
- › SoundMAGIC E50S In Ear Isolating Earphones with Microphone - RED by pformagg
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by Malfunkt
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by ezekiel77
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2