- 117 Posts. Joined 11/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- productCreative Aurvana Live! Headphonestagged by System, 11/28/12
- productFiio E3 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 12/3/12
- productGrado SR60 Headphonestagged by System, 11/28/12
- productGrado SR60i Headphonestagged by System, 11/28/12
- productKoss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open )tagged by System, 11/28/12
- productSanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Blacktagged by System, 11/28/12
- productSennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Blacktagged by System, 11/28/12
- productV-MODA XFLPR-ROUGE Crossfade LP Overear Headphones (Rouge)tagged by System, 11/28/12
Related Forum Threads
- Best choice for Headphones under 100$ Last post on 4/29/13 at 11:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones around 100$ Last post on 12/7/12 at 11:05am in Headphones (full-size)
- Budget Headphones between $60-100 Last post on 9/26/12 at 10:33am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Portapro upgrade Last post on 7/23/12 at 3:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones for around 100$? Last post on 7/29/12 at 9:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 8/29/14
So the Pan Am from ALO Audio. This little guy is pretty dang impressive. An excellently-built, functioning desktop solution that is pretty easy on the eyes too! For the record, I've got the whole...
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
Thanks to Greed for a 10-day loan of his Ref 1 set, which I fully burnt-in and auditioned. This set had the uber cable. Super Brief Review (it's all just what my ears heard, if you love your Ref 1...
This review is going to be updated once I receive a balanced cable and use this amp in balanced operation. I figured this amp needed a proper review on here, and there is a lot of good stuff to say...
Read a ton of reviews before purchasing. However, I will be honest and say that I was a bit let down by the bass. Don't get me wrong, its very detailed and balanced and perhaps there lies my issue,...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Sansa clip zip headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
i been reading reviews all day glad i found this site
So how much do you want to spend? There are better headphones out there for <100, but for the price the koss is also good.
For rock you can also get Grado SR60.
Edited by proton007 - 11/26/12 at 6:00pm
Then I think the Koss is alright. Thats if you want something new. If you have access to a second hand market (maybe you can look around here on head-fi), you can get something better for under 50.
But serioulsy, consider using atleast 256kbps MP3 or AAC for your music. 128 is noticeably low quality.
Edited by proton007 - 11/26/12 at 7:11pm
Sennheiser PX100-II ($50)
Grado SR60i ($79)
Creative Aurvana Live ($60) also a good choice.
Edited by proton007 - 11/26/12 at 8:59pm
As I said, for $30 they're a good choice.
The Creative has a bass driven sound. Not sure if it works well for rock/metal, but really good for rap/hip hop/dub etc.
From what I read on head-fi, it seems the grado 60i/80i is recommended for rock/metal, but not good for music with high bass.
- Sansa clip zip headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Matrix M-Stage amp review: simple, cheap, and excellent. 28 seconds ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 1 minute ago
- › Best Closed Back Over Ear Headphone? 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 2 minutes ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-CKR9 & ATH-CKR10 3 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 8 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 9 minutes ago
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Crystal by MEElectronics In-Ear Headphones with Microphone Made... by indieman
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)