I just wanted to share my opinion about these 5 headphones - all around 75-150 bucks except for the beats. I personally own or tried out all of them and I have to say by far the best bass headphones out of all of them are the Vmoda crossfade lps. The bass is crisp and undistorted unlike what I get when I turn up the bass eq on all the others - even the dt770. I just got my dt770 and I don't know if there is a burn in time but so far they don't have as much bass as the lmodas. I'm also listening to these headphones through a fiio e7. Not only are the Vmodas better in bass but they leak the lowest amount of sound (even compared to dt770 and hd 280 pro which people on here say have the least) and I believe are the most stylish out of all the headphones. BUT THE BIGGEST PROBLEM with Vmodas is that they hurt your ears like hell - when I first bought them I was so pissed at how little the cups are on this thing, but after a half a year of stretching they are getting more comfortable. Right now these headphones are only 75 bucks on amazon - http://www.amazon.com/Crossfade-Over-Ear-Noise-Isolating-Headphone-Gunmetal/dp/B003BYRGKY/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1353955395&sr=8-7&keywords=v-moda - I don't think you can find a better bang for buck pair of headphones especially if you have small ears.
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 12/2/12
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 12/2/12
- productSennheiser HD 280 Headphonestagged by System, 12/2/12
- productSony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphonestagged by System, 12/2/12
- productSony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 12/2/12
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 12/2/12
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by System, 12/2/12
- productUltrasone HFI-780tagged by System, 12/2/12
- productV-MODA XFLPR-ROUGE Crossfade LP Overear Headphones (Rouge)tagged by System, 12/2/12
Related Forum Threads
- Dubstep cans. (yes, another thread on dubstep) Last post on 10/25/12 at 12:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ~$100 Headphones for Metal, Dubstep, and Gaming? Last post on 8/9/11 at 3:32am in Headphones (full-size)
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Your advice on a new headphone Last post on 3/21/13 at 12:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
The ATH-CK9LTD’s were purchased by me and I’m not in any way affiliated with Audio-Technica. I’ve reviewed the ATH-CKR9 and ATH-CKR10 earlier, those reviews are available...
Intro: JDS Labs, Is an American company based in Collinsville, Illinois. They make headphone amplifiers & DAC’s. Mr. John Seaber is the man behind JDS Labs. We might remember JDS Labs when they...
For the price they offer great clarity, but I cannot reccomend these to people who mainly listen to bass heavy music. I still use my UM Pro10's regularly (I also have a pair of Audio Technica...
I have been searching best headphone(for me not for everyone I'm sorry) last half year. Now I found Sennheiser HD600/650 is one of best headphone for classical music and for me. I bought around...
I would like to start with saying thank you to Brainwavz and Pandora for letting me check out the Brainwavz Jive. The Brainwavz Jive is available from...
The best bass headphones IMO - dt770 vs Vmoda vs hd 280 pro vs mdr-v6 vs beats
Gear mentioned in this thread:
You cannot compare the Vmoda to a super comfortable, detailed bass headphones like DT770 Pro 80ohms, Ive been using it with Fiio E10 and the bass you will get out of these will blow you away, its like large 18" subwoofers attached to your ears..And the comfort is like you can continuously wear it for 10 straight hours and you will feel nothing... I've auditioned both these and went for DT770 as the sound stage is much much better.. Why do you think there are "darth beyers" custom dt 770s instead of other headphones in that category?
I don't know but my dt770, although they have good tight bass, they don't shake with bass like the v-modas and when I turn the bass up on any song the dt770 distort fairly quickly. I do agree they are the most comfortable headphones I've ever worn.
I bought the xb500 just to try them out as well and I have to say they do have tons of bass but they sound cheap with tinny highs. The bass just overwhelms everything so I couldn't keep them.
Edited by Gnarkill283 - 12/3/12 at 6:53am
Bass headphones without the AKG K167? ..frankly, they present the best bass I've heard in a long time without sacrificing the rest of the frequency spectrum. I'd suggest you visit the K167 thread and listen to them as soon as you can..IMHO
- The best bass headphones IMO - dt770 vs Vmoda vs hd 280 pro vs mdr-v6 vs beats
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition 2 seconds ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 - "As new" condition less than 6 months old (from UK... 1 minute ago
- › Anyone know any similar songs, pieces to these, and in what genre... 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SE535: Reviews and First Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 4 minutes ago
- › Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor? 4 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Bette hybrid review by jekostas. PG 1972. 6 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 7 minutes ago
- › Audio-technica Ath-m50 Studio Monitor Headphones Limited Red Model... by peter123
- › JDS Labs ODAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Westone UM Pro10 High Performance Single Driver Noise-Isolating... by ShaftShanker
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Pokemonn
- › Brainwavz Jive by peter123
- › SoundMAGIC E50S In Ear Isolating Earphones with Microphone - RED by pformagg
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by Malfunkt
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by ezekiel77
- › SMSL sApII Pro by DaveLT
- › Audiosense V2mix4 by abyatar
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2