I just wanted to share my opinion about these 5 headphones - all around 75-150 bucks except for the beats. I personally own or tried out all of them and I have to say by far the best bass headphones out of all of them are the Vmoda crossfade lps. The bass is crisp and undistorted unlike what I get when I turn up the bass eq on all the others - even the dt770. I just got my dt770 and I don't know if there is a burn in time but so far they don't have as much bass as the lmodas. I'm also listening to these headphones through a fiio e7. Not only are the Vmodas better in bass but they leak the lowest amount of sound (even compared to dt770 and hd 280 pro which people on here say have the least) and I believe are the most stylish out of all the headphones. BUT THE BIGGEST PROBLEM with Vmodas is that they hurt your ears like hell - when I first bought them I was so pissed at how little the cups are on this thing, but after a half a year of stretching they are getting more comfortable. Right now these headphones are only 75 bucks on amazon - http://www.amazon.com/Crossfade-Over-Ear-Noise-Isolating-Headphone-Gunmetal/dp/B003BYRGKY/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1353955395&sr=8-7&keywords=v-moda - I don't think you can find a better bang for buck pair of headphones especially if you have small ears.
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 12/2/12
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 12/2/12
- productSennheiser HD 280 Headphonestagged by System, 12/2/12
- productSony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphonestagged by System, 12/2/12
- productSony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 12/2/12
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 12/2/12
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by System, 12/2/12
- productUltrasone HFI-780tagged by System, 12/2/12
- productV-MODA XFLPR-ROUGE Crossfade LP Overear Headphones (Rouge)tagged by System, 12/2/12
Related Forum Threads
- Dubstep cans. (yes, another thread on dubstep) Last post on 10/25/12 at 12:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ~$100 Headphones for Metal, Dubstep, and Gaming? Last post on 8/9/11 at 3:32am in Headphones (full-size)
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Your advice on a new headphone Last post on 3/21/13 at 12:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
Many thanks to Brooko for arranging this tour unit Pros: External Playlists: Pretty much my number one priority after sound, this took some fiddling to get working from my Mac/iTunes but I...
At the time of the review, the Venture Electronics Zen was on sale on the company’s Aliexpress store. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Lumia 640 LTE I never owned a portable device (apart from a Sony Walkman in the 80's) because I never felt the use of it. Just out of curiosity, not expecting much, I plugged my Sony MDR-Z7 in my...
MEElectronics/MEEaudio Introduction My experience with IEMs is short lived, but I've had fair enough experience to give you proper detailing. I mainly use detachable only, and can report from...
Introduction In audio circles, the word "endgame" generally refers to a headphone or audio chain component that is practically without fault, and performs at a high enough level to...
The best bass headphones IMO - dt770 vs Vmoda vs hd 280 pro vs mdr-v6 vs beats
Gear mentioned in this thread:
You cannot compare the Vmoda to a super comfortable, detailed bass headphones like DT770 Pro 80ohms, Ive been using it with Fiio E10 and the bass you will get out of these will blow you away, its like large 18" subwoofers attached to your ears..And the comfort is like you can continuously wear it for 10 straight hours and you will feel nothing... I've auditioned both these and went for DT770 as the sound stage is much much better.. Why do you think there are "darth beyers" custom dt 770s instead of other headphones in that category?
I don't know but my dt770, although they have good tight bass, they don't shake with bass like the v-modas and when I turn the bass up on any song the dt770 distort fairly quickly. I do agree they are the most comfortable headphones I've ever worn.
I bought the xb500 just to try them out as well and I have to say they do have tons of bass but they sound cheap with tinny highs. The bass just overwhelms everything so I couldn't keep them.
Edited by Gnarkill283 - 12/3/12 at 6:53am
Bass headphones without the AKG K167? ..frankly, they present the best bass I've heard in a long time without sacrificing the rest of the frequency spectrum. I'd suggest you visit the K167 thread and listen to them as soon as you can..IMHO
- The best bass headphones IMO - dt770 vs Vmoda vs hd 280 pro vs mdr-v6 vs beats
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › HP150 Setup with PC 8 seconds ago
- › NAD Viso HP50 : Another superb headphone from Paul Barton? 2 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 2 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 3 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Vivo Xplay 3S + XE800 Mobile audio perfection 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Hi! I´m getting started in this new world, please help! 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Ortofon e-Q8 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD8 DJ On Ear Headphones by LAmitchell
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ade_hall
- › VE Zen by Hisoundfi
- › Lumia 640 LTE RM-1072 Black - Factory Unlocked - International... by Mink
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by whitemass
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by eke2k6
- › Beats Solo HD On-Ear Headphone by Skylarke
- › Heaven VII by peter123
- › Noble Audio BTS by HiFiChris
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by White Lotus
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3