I just wanted to share my opinion about these 5 headphones - all around 75-150 bucks except for the beats. I personally own or tried out all of them and I have to say by far the best bass headphones out of all of them are the Vmoda crossfade lps. The bass is crisp and undistorted unlike what I get when I turn up the bass eq on all the others - even the dt770. I just got my dt770 and I don't know if there is a burn in time but so far they don't have as much bass as the lmodas. I'm also listening to these headphones through a fiio e7. Not only are the Vmodas better in bass but they leak the lowest amount of sound (even compared to dt770 and hd 280 pro which people on here say have the least) and I believe are the most stylish out of all the headphones. BUT THE BIGGEST PROBLEM with Vmodas is that they hurt your ears like hell - when I first bought them I was so pissed at how little the cups are on this thing, but after a half a year of stretching they are getting more comfortable. Right now these headphones are only 75 bucks on amazon - http://www.amazon.com/Crossfade-Over-Ear-Noise-Isolating-Headphone-Gunmetal/dp/B003BYRGKY/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1353955395&sr=8-7&keywords=v-moda - I don't think you can find a better bang for buck pair of headphones especially if you have small ears.
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 12/2/12
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 12/2/12
- productSennheiser HD 280 Headphonestagged by System, 12/2/12
- productSony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphonestagged by System, 12/2/12
- productSony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 12/2/12
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 12/2/12
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by System, 12/2/12
- productUltrasone HFI-780tagged by System, 12/2/12
- productV-MODA XFLPR-ROUGE Crossfade LP Overear Headphones (Rouge)tagged by System, 12/2/12
Related Forum Threads
- Dubstep cans. (yes, another thread on dubstep) Last post on 10/25/12 at 12:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ~$100 Headphones for Metal, Dubstep, and Gaming? Last post on 8/9/11 at 3:32am in Headphones (full-size)
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Your advice on a new headphone Last post on 3/21/13 at 12:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Dubstep Headphones Last post on 11/20/12 at 7:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
Fist of all, this is my first ever review,and English is not my native language, so please, have some understanding . I bought these headphones 9 months ago, they were my first "quality"...
Hi All, I have done a video review of Hifiman HM901. Thanks for watching :)
You can pay more for a dac alone and not do as well as the 105. You can buy a blue ray player for more and not do as well. Ditto for cd, sacd, and/or DVD players. Its audio preamps are as good as...
The 2014 Brainwavz S5: A Single Dynamic Driver IEM Specifications Found here: www.yourbrainwavz.com/s5.html No measurements for the S5 were available at the time of this...
SO, lets get on to it. The MTPC's are a pair of IEM's that are in a very akward position. It is quite pricy and rejected by the "purist audiophiles" that dislike the brand of Monster, due to...
The best bass headphones IMO - dt770 vs Vmoda vs hd 280 pro vs mdr-v6 vs beats
Gear mentioned in this thread:
You cannot compare the Vmoda to a super comfortable, detailed bass headphones like DT770 Pro 80ohms, Ive been using it with Fiio E10 and the bass you will get out of these will blow you away, its like large 18" subwoofers attached to your ears..And the comfort is like you can continuously wear it for 10 straight hours and you will feel nothing... I've auditioned both these and went for DT770 as the sound stage is much much better.. Why do you think there are "darth beyers" custom dt 770s instead of other headphones in that category?
I don't know but my dt770, although they have good tight bass, they don't shake with bass like the v-modas and when I turn the bass up on any song the dt770 distort fairly quickly. I do agree they are the most comfortable headphones I've ever worn.
I bought the xb500 just to try them out as well and I have to say they do have tons of bass but they sound cheap with tinny highs. The bass just overwhelms everything so I couldn't keep them.
Edited by Gnarkill283 - 12/3/12 at 6:53am
Bass headphones without the AKG K167? ..frankly, they present the best bass I've heard in a long time without sacrificing the rest of the frequency spectrum. I'd suggest you visit the K167 thread and listen to them as soon as you can..IMHO
- The best bass headphones IMO - dt770 vs Vmoda vs hd 280 pro vs mdr-v6 vs beats
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 42 seconds ago
- › 100 >= IEM wars: Ostry KC06, Hifiman Re-400, VSonic VSD3S, Havi Pro 1 2 minutes ago
- › graham slee voyager (may trade) 3 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 4 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum impressions thread 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Comparison: Momentums OVER EARs VS Amperiors VS Momentum... 6 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 6 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 6 minutes ago
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by NA Blur
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 350p Portable Headphones Brand New Black Free... by twister6
- › Sony MDR-CD 780 by mark235
- › EarSonics EM32 by Rollk2
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)