- 94 Posts. Joined 6/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 2/19/15 at 11:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need A Middle Ground Last post on 6/3/15 at 10:39am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Fostex TH500RP Last post on 2/11/15 at 5:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Repair or replace broken HD600? Last post on 3/11/15 at 10:01am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HD650s are so cheap? Last post on 2/10/15 at 4:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
First off, I got the E80 on loan from a generous fellow headfi'er. You know who you are. Thanks! I have absolutely no connection to SoundMagic and have no incentive to compose this review...
The Blackwood and Cherrywood side by side. Overall view of what this review consisted of. First of all, I’d like to thank Zach for supplying the Omni for this...
Everybody knows Sennheiser. They are doing great job at delivering good sound for all prices. I am doing this review with price factor in thought. First of all it is suprisingly detailed sounding...
Wow. There doesn’t seem to be a more appropriate way to word the beginning of this review, than to simply express my genuine surprise, and indeed – to a certain extent – admiration of the UMi Voix...
I bought the Q Audio French Silk balanced cable for my Audeze LCD-3's mainly because of the ergonomics and cool design/look over the stock cables. When running balanced, I doubted I would hear much...
Any real noticeable Difference with LOD vs 3.5mm with Ipod4?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
If you care about sound quality, than in absolute term, yes! When connecting the LOD to either your iphone or ipods, the sound bypasses the internal sound processor and therefore pass out as pure digital signal. Generally, external DAC processes sound quality far better than iphone/ipods
LOL, this old chestnut....again.
A LOD (30 pin to mini) `supposedly` bypasses the amp of the ipod. Giving a better sound due to the weak amp of the general ipod and the greedy nature of many high end phones.
A USB-LOD is needed to bypass the ipods DAC and amp to feed it to a better DAC, but you also need a special Apple certified device to do this such as the:
Venturecraft godap and godapX
V-Moda Vamp and Verza
to name a few.
- Any real noticeable Difference with LOD vs 3.5mm with Ipod4?
- › Panasonic RP-HD10 - A Serious Contender? 36 seconds ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 57 seconds ago
- › [Smartphone + Hi-Fi] Xiaomi Mi Note 2 minutes ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The AKG K7XX Massdrop First Edition Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Best headphones for classical music 4 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Layla Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH1540 Review 5 minutes ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › Soundmagic E80 in-ear monitor headphone by nmatheis
- › ZMF Headphones Omni by Jjacq
- › Sennheiser - Sennheiser CX 200 Street II by Gonomon
- › UMI Voix Blu by Rashmosh
- › Q Cables by Mediahound
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by goodyfresh
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Apogee GROOVE Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier for Mac and PC by acain
- › Noble Audio Savant by Brooko
- › Bose® Computer MusicMonitor® -- Silver by labrat
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3