Related Forum Threads
- Which of the following headphones complement my DT990 best? Last post on 11/8/12 at 3:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
- DT990 Pro 250ohm vs Q701 as part of PC/Console gaming setup - Noob needs some guidance! Last post on 7/31/13 at 11:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- ~$300 Amp for DT 990/600 ohm Last post on 8/14/11 at 6:38pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- DT 770 or DT 990... to pull the trigger or not? Last post on 7/30/11 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Comfy ~$200 Last post on 7/29/10 at 5:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This review is for the Ubsound Fighters, let me introduce myself before I get started. My name is Adam I am 38 years old and have been into audio equipment since I was in high school. In the past 2...
Introduction: One of my favorite part of this hobby that I've grown to love over the past few years is trying new things and just experiencing how different components (or combination of...
The H10 from Gustard is the best solid state amplifier I've heard that retails for under $500. It's better than most that retail for under $1000. This thing deserves a quality review so here it...
PreIntroduction: I am in no way affiliated or work for Aune. For this review, the Aune B1 has been provided to me as a review sample by Aune, as one of the 10 review samples sent out to...
Note: Review was done with a sample provided by DUNU-Topsound. For a more complete picture, please visit the dedicated thread for the DUNU DN-2000J (here). The DN-2000J is a classically...
New Headphones - Page 6post #76 of 9711/30/12 at 1:07pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #77 of 9711/30/12 at 4:18pmpost #78 of 9712/1/12 at 12:06ampost #79 of 9712/1/12 at 1:17amThread Starter
oh man. LOOL! I just took off all my makeup -_- Here's a pic w/o me in it. But believe me, I was like in :OO> :DDD lol my parents didn't know I was burning them in so they turned off my computer though -_- ah well.post #80 of 9712/1/12 at 1:28amThread Starter
So as I'm listening to it, there are little crackly noises when there's bass. Will that go away after I burn them in more? Or is it just cause i plugged it directly into my computer?post #81 of 9712/1/12 at 1:36amHey I have the e17, no experience with e11. So don't know about cracking noises or hissing on the e11 but if you don't plug the headphone Jack all the way in, you can get cracking noises and all sorts of jitter. I even had one side (forgot if its left or right) went muted on me when I didn't plug the headphone Jack all the way in. Good luck.
Edit: BTW how you should connect it is comp USB port> (through USB to fiio e11 cable)> fiio e11 (USB input and mode, not auxiliary, I thought you were using it with iPhone when I replied to you on pm)> Beyer dt990 (connected to the headphone Jack of the e11, and make sure you plug it all the way in)
Edited by reddragon - 12/1/12 at 1:42ampost #82 of 9712/1/12 at 3:45amThread Starterpost #83 of 9712/1/12 at 3:50ampost #84 of 9712/2/12 at 2:14am
Any more updates on sound quality, comfort, and how much you like them after burn in thus far?
Also anyone here that has been keeping up with this thread have any experience with Ultrasone pro 900? I'm in need of some heavy bass but prestige quality throughout on a decent budget. At first I considered the pro700mk2 but ended up on a final decision to go with the pro 900 due to comfortability. I didn't want to have to deal with adjusting and swapping out earpads and stuff with the 700. I've read a pretty decent amount of reviews as well but still if you have good or bad comments about either or that would be appreciated.post #85 of 9712/2/12 at 2:22amThread Starter
Haha. Hey girls can be bros too. According to pewdiepie, EVERYONE can be a bro :) Sound quality is seriously amazing. If i close my eyes, I feel like I'm in a concert hall. I'm putting my headphones around books to kind of stretch them out a bit so they don't clamp as hard. Oh my goodness I can just listen to them all day :Dpost #86 of 9712/2/12 at 9:35amQuote:Originally Posted by erincamera
Haha. Hey girls can be bros too. According to pewdiepie, EVERYONE can be a bro Sound quality is seriously amazing. If i close my eyes, I feel like I'm in a concert hall. I'm putting my headphones around books to kind of stretch them out a bit so they don't clamp as hard. Oh my goodness I can just listen to them all day
Good that's all we want to "hear" (pun intended hehe)post #87 of 9712/3/12 at 3:32amThread Starterpost #88 of 9712/8/12 at 7:26pmpost #89 of 9712/9/12 at 12:19pm
- New Headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Grado Modification Overview
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › The Fiio X5 Thread 1 minute ago
- › FS: New Sennheiser HD600 headphones 4 minutes ago
- › The new fit concept! The brand new LEAR "Hybrid Fit" series! 5 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 6 minutes ago
- › Audio-GD NFB-15.32 Delivery & Impression Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › TURNTABLE SETUP Questions thread - don't start a new thread, ASK... 9 minutes ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 9 minutes ago
- › Ubsound Fighter in-ear monitor with universal inline microphone and... by acain
- › T-Peos Altone250 by Cotnijoe
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A Stage Headphone Amplifier by JoeDoe
- › Aune B1 by avitron142
- › DUNU DN-2000J by tomscy2000
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by GrindedDown
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by ElMarcado
- › Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI Headphones by ItsMeHere
- › T-Peos Altone 350 Hybrid 3 driver IEM by Peter West
- › AUSDOM M06 Over-ear Stereo Bluetooth Headphones Wireless + Wired... by Hisoundfi
- › Transforming Our Society through...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)