Related Forum Threads
- Which of the following headphones complement my DT990 best? Last post on 11/8/12 at 3:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
- DT990 Pro 250ohm vs Q701 as part of PC/Console gaming setup - Noob needs some guidance! Last post on 7/31/13 at 11:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- ~$300 Amp for DT 990/600 ohm Last post on 8/14/11 at 6:38pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- DT 770 or DT 990... to pull the trigger or not? Last post on 7/30/11 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Comfy ~$200 Last post on 7/29/10 at 5:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Introduction Oriveti seems to be a rather obscure company, without any big breaks or long-running hype trains. They offer a single model that seems to be highly regarded, but hasn't really...
Background: The Audio-Technica CK10 is a dual BA IEM that was released in 2008, back then in those simpler times, CIEMs were a highly niche market, three BA drivers per ear was considered a lot,...
Focal Utopia Review Utopia - definition: An imagined state of things in which everything is perfect. My initial intention was just to write some detailed impressions, but throughout that...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONFirstly I'd like to acknowledge Head-fier Ajaxander (Andy) and also Ken Ball from ALO/Campfire...
New Headphones - Page 6post #76 of 9711/30/12 at 1:07pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #77 of 9711/30/12 at 4:18pmpost #78 of 9712/1/12 at 12:06ampost #79 of 9712/1/12 at 1:17amThread Starter
oh man. LOOL! I just took off all my makeup -_- Here's a pic w/o me in it. But believe me, I was like in :OO> :DDD lol my parents didn't know I was burning them in so they turned off my computer though -_- ah well.post #80 of 9712/1/12 at 1:28amThread Starter
So as I'm listening to it, there are little crackly noises when there's bass. Will that go away after I burn them in more? Or is it just cause i plugged it directly into my computer?post #81 of 9712/1/12 at 1:36amHey I have the e17, no experience with e11. So don't know about cracking noises or hissing on the e11 but if you don't plug the headphone Jack all the way in, you can get cracking noises and all sorts of jitter. I even had one side (forgot if its left or right) went muted on me when I didn't plug the headphone Jack all the way in. Good luck.
Edit: BTW how you should connect it is comp USB port> (through USB to fiio e11 cable)> fiio e11 (USB input and mode, not auxiliary, I thought you were using it with iPhone when I replied to you on pm)> Beyer dt990 (connected to the headphone Jack of the e11, and make sure you plug it all the way in)
Edited by reddragon - 12/1/12 at 1:42ampost #82 of 9712/1/12 at 3:45amThread Starterpost #83 of 9712/1/12 at 3:50ampost #84 of 9712/2/12 at 2:14am
Any more updates on sound quality, comfort, and how much you like them after burn in thus far?
Also anyone here that has been keeping up with this thread have any experience with Ultrasone pro 900? I'm in need of some heavy bass but prestige quality throughout on a decent budget. At first I considered the pro700mk2 but ended up on a final decision to go with the pro 900 due to comfortability. I didn't want to have to deal with adjusting and swapping out earpads and stuff with the 700. I've read a pretty decent amount of reviews as well but still if you have good or bad comments about either or that would be appreciated.post #85 of 9712/2/12 at 2:22amThread Starter
Haha. Hey girls can be bros too. According to pewdiepie, EVERYONE can be a bro :) Sound quality is seriously amazing. If i close my eyes, I feel like I'm in a concert hall. I'm putting my headphones around books to kind of stretch them out a bit so they don't clamp as hard. Oh my goodness I can just listen to them all day :Dpost #86 of 9712/2/12 at 9:35amQuote:Originally Posted by erincamera
Haha. Hey girls can be bros too. According to pewdiepie, EVERYONE can be a bro Sound quality is seriously amazing. If i close my eyes, I feel like I'm in a concert hall. I'm putting my headphones around books to kind of stretch them out a bit so they don't clamp as hard. Oh my goodness I can just listen to them all day
Good that's all we want to "hear" (pun intended hehe)post #87 of 9712/3/12 at 3:32amThread Starterpost #88 of 9712/8/12 at 7:26pmpost #89 of 9712/9/12 at 12:19pm
- New Headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Grado Modification Overview
- › Needs Recommendations for Portable Setup 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 2 minutes ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 4 minutes ago
- › Resonessence Labs Concero discussion/review thead 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 5 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-3 balanced portable dac/amp 7 minutes ago
- › Cowon Plenue D problems 7 minutes ago
- › Cowon Plenue D 8 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 9 minutes ago
- › RHA MA750i by meetpatel3686
- › ORIVETI PRIMACY - Whole Aluminium Body, Triple Drivers Hybrid 2... by ustinj
- › Audio-Technica ATH-CK10 Portable In-Ear Headphones by mrstrangeguy
- › Focal Utopia by x RELIC x
- › Campfire Audio Nova by Brooko
- › Flare Audio R1 Headphones by Mr Vicarious
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by greencalx
- › Advanced AcousticWerkes Q by ustinj
- › Asius Technologies ADEL™ G1 Auto Modules by Ike1985
- › AAW Nebula Two Hybrid In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...