Related Forum Threads
- Which of the following headphones complement my DT990 best? Last post on 11/8/12 at 3:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
- DT990 Pro 250ohm vs Q701 as part of PC/Console gaming setup - Noob needs some guidance! Last post on 7/31/13 at 11:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- ~$300 Amp for DT 990/600 ohm Last post on 8/14/11 at 6:38pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- DT 770 or DT 990... to pull the trigger or not? Last post on 7/30/11 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Comfy ~$200 Last post on 7/29/10 at 5:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 9/21/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Introduction Simgot is a new name in Asian audio that is getting some attention with their new EN700 model. Supposedly, some that were involved in tuning the Ostry IEMs have tuned this one, so...
Have had these for a loooong time. Now that I've got older ears, I don't really hear the beautiful crystal-like treble anymore, but I'm sure it's still there. :)
Hifiman Supermini and Megamini – initial impressions / comparison I first heard the Hifiman Supermini in demo unit form at the Canjam London 2016, and while being impressed by the fact...
Firstly I would like to thank iFi Audio for the loan unit for review, I have been using it for about 3 weeks and as always I will try to write an honest review. Gear Used: Dell XPS 15 /...
I bought these back in 2000 for full retail, which was a lot of money for me at the time. I got to A/B these at a hi-fi shop using my reference CD. I listened to the HD600 and the HD590. I...
New Headphones - Page 6post #76 of 9711/30/12 at 1:07pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #77 of 9711/30/12 at 4:18pmpost #78 of 9712/1/12 at 12:06ampost #79 of 9712/1/12 at 1:17amThread Starter
oh man. LOOL! I just took off all my makeup -_- Here's a pic w/o me in it. But believe me, I was like in :OO> :DDD lol my parents didn't know I was burning them in so they turned off my computer though -_- ah well.post #80 of 9712/1/12 at 1:28amThread Starter
So as I'm listening to it, there are little crackly noises when there's bass. Will that go away after I burn them in more? Or is it just cause i plugged it directly into my computer?post #81 of 9712/1/12 at 1:36amHey I have the e17, no experience with e11. So don't know about cracking noises or hissing on the e11 but if you don't plug the headphone Jack all the way in, you can get cracking noises and all sorts of jitter. I even had one side (forgot if its left or right) went muted on me when I didn't plug the headphone Jack all the way in. Good luck.
Edit: BTW how you should connect it is comp USB port> (through USB to fiio e11 cable)> fiio e11 (USB input and mode, not auxiliary, I thought you were using it with iPhone when I replied to you on pm)> Beyer dt990 (connected to the headphone Jack of the e11, and make sure you plug it all the way in)
Edited by reddragon - 12/1/12 at 1:42ampost #82 of 9712/1/12 at 3:45amThread Starterpost #83 of 9712/1/12 at 3:50ampost #84 of 9712/2/12 at 2:14am
Any more updates on sound quality, comfort, and how much you like them after burn in thus far?
Also anyone here that has been keeping up with this thread have any experience with Ultrasone pro 900? I'm in need of some heavy bass but prestige quality throughout on a decent budget. At first I considered the pro700mk2 but ended up on a final decision to go with the pro 900 due to comfortability. I didn't want to have to deal with adjusting and swapping out earpads and stuff with the 700. I've read a pretty decent amount of reviews as well but still if you have good or bad comments about either or that would be appreciated.post #85 of 9712/2/12 at 2:22amThread Starter
Haha. Hey girls can be bros too. According to pewdiepie, EVERYONE can be a bro :) Sound quality is seriously amazing. If i close my eyes, I feel like I'm in a concert hall. I'm putting my headphones around books to kind of stretch them out a bit so they don't clamp as hard. Oh my goodness I can just listen to them all day :Dpost #86 of 9712/2/12 at 9:35amQuote:Originally Posted by erincamera
Haha. Hey girls can be bros too. According to pewdiepie, EVERYONE can be a bro Sound quality is seriously amazing. If i close my eyes, I feel like I'm in a concert hall. I'm putting my headphones around books to kind of stretch them out a bit so they don't clamp as hard. Oh my goodness I can just listen to them all day
Good that's all we want to "hear" (pun intended hehe)post #87 of 9712/3/12 at 3:32amThread Starterpost #88 of 9712/8/12 at 7:26pmpost #89 of 9712/9/12 at 12:19pm
- New Headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Grado Modification Overview
- › Colorfly C3 Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Stax Thread III 1 minute ago
- › Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384... 2 minutes ago
- › NEW! SONY NW-A30 SERIES 2 minutes ago
- › Review of Audioquest JitterBug - USB Data & Power Noise Filter. 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony NW-WM1Z/ NW-WM1A Flagship DAP (Live From IFA 2016) 6 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 7 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 8 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 9 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 10 minutes ago
- › SIMGOT EN700 In Ear Dynamic Earphone 24Ω Original ... by bhazard
- › Sony MDR-CD2000 CD Series Headphones by leroik
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by Jackpot77
- › iFi Pro iCAN by ostewart
- › Sennheiser HD 590 Headphones by aafanatic
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by glassmonkey
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by suman134
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by ph0n6
- › Soundaware Esther by Fabaaroan
- › Over Ear Headphone Shareme 4.1 Bluetooth Foldable Headsets with... by pkshiu
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...