- 1,906 Posts. Joined 12/2011
- Location: california
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Which of the following headphones complement my DT990 best? Last post on 11/8/12 at 3:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
- DT990 Pro 250ohm vs Q701 as part of PC/Console gaming setup - Noob needs some guidance! Last post on 7/31/13 at 11:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- ~$300 Amp for DT 990/600 ohm Last post on 8/14/11 at 6:38pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- DT 770 or DT 990... to pull the trigger or not? Last post on 7/30/11 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Comfy ~$200 Last post on 7/29/10 at 5:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 12/30/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I want to thank @Todd of TTVJ for this wonderful surprise, and opportunity to review the fine Elear. It was a wonderful 7+ days, which I thoroughly enjoyed; extended due to a weather delay. Best...
Bought my Fiio X5 and it worked great for a few months, then one day, it got very hot ! so I sent it back for a warranty replacement, and it worked great until for just over a year, and now the...
AMPSANDSOUNDS KENZIE- what....a....WEEK! The Kenzie is handmade in Southern California with U.S.-sourced parts and custom hand-wound output transformers from Transcender, out of Hollister, CA....
Following the HD600s, I had simply obtained the Superlux 668b as a point of comparison and reference, as it is a well know and popular budget Headphone. My brother also uses a pair that he swears...
In an age where (multi-driver) hybrids are all the rage, the G3 is a single dynamic from a maker known for well-regarded, modestly-price earbuds. I bought these after reading the frenetic praise...
New Headphones - Page 2post #16 of 9711/26/12 at 3:58amMy koss tbse1 is decent, fair amount of bass, mid centric, fair amount of treble. But make sure you don't pay the msrp, try to get it for 70 to 80 bucks. Its a solid mid fi can. And the rest of the money, get yourself a fiio amp (maybe the e17, I have it, its pretty nice). Then its time to get READY, SET, LISTEN!!!
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 9711/26/12 at 4:10amThread Starter
Oh my gosh... that amp is expensive o_o And yeah I'm pretty much set on getting one of those two xD More towards the m50s though. Is the 17 that much different from the cheaper fiio amps? I've been shopping like crazy lately...
post #18 of 9711/26/12 at 4:15ampost #19 of 9711/26/12 at 4:22amThread Starter
I... shall think about it. My parents are going to throw a fit if they see me spending this much money all at once. Granted, it is mine, but I don't think they'd understand xD So do you have a seperate DAC thingy for your ipod?
post #20 of 9711/26/12 at 4:29amQuote:
No I do not. For IPod, you need the dacs or dac/amps that I mentioned before to bypass the internal iPod dac. The e17 in this case works as purely an amp. The dac section of e17 can be used via usb when you are using your computer. BTW, you will need a fiio L9 cable (does not include in your e7 or e17 and has to be purchased separately, should be around 10 bucks) to connect your iPhone to the fiio amp. You don't want to just use a 3.5 to 3.5 cable and connect the iPhone to the amp via headphone out because you will be double amping and will not sound too good.post #21 of 9711/26/12 at 4:34amThread Starterpost #22 of 9711/26/12 at 4:37amHahahaha well there's a saying over in headfi. Welcome here and sorry for your wallet!!! BTW I will be pretty broke too so don't worry because I'm going to either get the ibasso dx100 or the upcoming hifiman hm901 soon... so yeah don't worry, we are all broke over here!post #23 of 9711/26/12 at 4:41amThread Starterpost #24 of 9711/26/12 at 4:42am
Look, ur gonna use this only/mostly with your iphone? Then you won't need the DAC of the fiio e17...
Also, do you want bass, treble or maybe a neutral headphone anyways. I have the beyerdynamic dt-880, which is rather neutral.post #25 of 9711/26/12 at 4:49am
We welcome you with open arms and we are glad to lure you into the wallet dangerous world of audio!post #26 of 9711/26/12 at 4:49amThread StarterQuote:
Oh? why won't I need one? and I prefer more of a neutral headphone.post #27 of 9711/26/12 at 4:53amDidn't know you wanted a neutral sounding headphone... you said you may get the m50 which I don't think anyone has said its neutral... BTW you don't need the dac because you wont be able to use it with your iPhone anyway but it can come in handy when you use your comppost #28 of 9711/26/12 at 5:15ampost #29 of 9711/26/12 at 5:22am
- New Headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 4 seconds ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 24 seconds ago
- › Entreq: $9,000 for a Wood Box of Dirt 1 minute ago
- › Obscure Chinese DAPs 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD-4 1 minute ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 6 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HM901S New Flagship DAP 6 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 7 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear by ngoshawk
- › FiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Player by GhostPhantom
- › ampsandsound Kenzie Headphone Amplifier by ngoshawk
- › Superlux HD-668 B by snapacap
- › TY Hi-Z G3 by loomisjohnson
- › Accutone Pisces BA Hybrid IEM by crabdog
- › Schiit Modi Multibit by Trogdor
- › InEar ProPhile 8 by Mimouille
- › Campfire Audio Vega by Currawong
- › Astell & Kern AK Jr. Hi-Res Music Player 64GB by vincik
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear