- 1,906 Posts. Joined 12/2011
- Location: california
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Which of the following headphones complement my DT990 best? Last post on 11/8/12 at 3:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
- DT990 Pro 250ohm vs Q701 as part of PC/Console gaming setup - Noob needs some guidance! Last post on 7/31/13 at 11:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- ~$300 Amp for DT 990/600 ohm Last post on 8/14/11 at 6:38pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- DT 770 or DT 990... to pull the trigger or not? Last post on 7/30/11 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Comfy ~$200 Last post on 7/29/10 at 5:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/14/15
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
First things first: I would like to thank Lin and RHA for the opportunity to test these IEMs and provide my honest opinion of them in return. It really is great that this community allows this...
Not too long ago, I was a lowly noob looking for my first headphones. I waded through the murky waters of terminology I couldn’t understand and brands I’d never heard of before. Over time, some...
Eddie Current's Zana Deux reviewed... Pre-amble - the Zana Deux original vs the new Zana Deux Super... - There are two versions of this tube amplifier. Both are output transformerless (OTL)...
This review will cover the X5ii, comparing it to the Pono player and the original X5. I have a Pono in my possession now. I unfortunately sold my original X5 prior to receiving the review sample,...
Alright, so I am not an audiophile by any means, my entire experience of headphelia is just using cheap IEMs but after trying some expensive beats, I knew I needed something more. And if your like...
New Headphones - Page 2post #16 of 9711/26/12 at 3:58amMy koss tbse1 is decent, fair amount of bass, mid centric, fair amount of treble. But make sure you don't pay the msrp, try to get it for 70 to 80 bucks. Its a solid mid fi can. And the rest of the money, get yourself a fiio amp (maybe the e17, I have it, its pretty nice). Then its time to get READY, SET, LISTEN!!!
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 9711/26/12 at 4:10amThread Starter
Oh my gosh... that amp is expensive o_o And yeah I'm pretty much set on getting one of those two xD More towards the m50s though. Is the 17 that much different from the cheaper fiio amps? I've been shopping like crazy lately...
post #18 of 9711/26/12 at 4:15ampost #19 of 9711/26/12 at 4:22amThread Starter
I... shall think about it. My parents are going to throw a fit if they see me spending this much money all at once. Granted, it is mine, but I don't think they'd understand xD So do you have a seperate DAC thingy for your ipod?
post #20 of 9711/26/12 at 4:29amQuote:
No I do not. For IPod, you need the dacs or dac/amps that I mentioned before to bypass the internal iPod dac. The e17 in this case works as purely an amp. The dac section of e17 can be used via usb when you are using your computer. BTW, you will need a fiio L9 cable (does not include in your e7 or e17 and has to be purchased separately, should be around 10 bucks) to connect your iPhone to the fiio amp. You don't want to just use a 3.5 to 3.5 cable and connect the iPhone to the amp via headphone out because you will be double amping and will not sound too good.post #21 of 9711/26/12 at 4:34amThread Starterpost #22 of 9711/26/12 at 4:37amHahahaha well there's a saying over in headfi. Welcome here and sorry for your wallet!!! BTW I will be pretty broke too so don't worry because I'm going to either get the ibasso dx100 or the upcoming hifiman hm901 soon... so yeah don't worry, we are all broke over here!post #23 of 9711/26/12 at 4:41amThread Starterpost #24 of 9711/26/12 at 4:42am
Look, ur gonna use this only/mostly with your iphone? Then you won't need the DAC of the fiio e17...
Also, do you want bass, treble or maybe a neutral headphone anyways. I have the beyerdynamic dt-880, which is rather neutral.post #25 of 9711/26/12 at 4:49am
We welcome you with open arms and we are glad to lure you into the wallet dangerous world of audio!post #26 of 9711/26/12 at 4:49amThread StarterQuote:
Oh? why won't I need one? and I prefer more of a neutral headphone.post #27 of 9711/26/12 at 4:53amDidn't know you wanted a neutral sounding headphone... you said you may get the m50 which I don't think anyone has said its neutral... BTW you don't need the dac because you wont be able to use it with your iPhone anyway but it can come in handy when you use your comppost #28 of 9711/26/12 at 5:15ampost #29 of 9711/26/12 at 5:22am
- New Headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Grado Modification Overview
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 3 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 30 seconds ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 1 minute ago
- › Upgrade portable setup...X5 + CIEMs? 1 minute ago
- › "The Lab" 2 minutes ago
- › IC: Philips Fidelio L2 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 4 minutes ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Wireless 4 minutes ago
- › RHA T20 by Wyd4
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon by Stillhart
- › Eddie Current Zana Deux SE by mikoss
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by LandonO
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by twister6
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by RushNerd
- › Klipsch Image X10 Noise-Isolating Earphone by achelgeson
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by krishtrinity1
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by nauhid
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3