- 1,906 Posts. Joined 12/2011
- Location: california
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Which of the following headphones complement my DT990 best? Last post on 11/8/12 at 3:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
- DT990 Pro 250ohm vs Q701 as part of PC/Console gaming setup - Noob needs some guidance! Last post on 7/31/13 at 11:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- ~$300 Amp for DT 990/600 ohm Last post on 8/14/11 at 6:38pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- DT 770 or DT 990... to pull the trigger or not? Last post on 7/30/11 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Comfy ~$200 Last post on 7/29/10 at 5:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONFirstly I want to shout out to Mark (Head-Fier d marc0) for working with Ken Ball from...
Here is my short review of the HOOKA headphone hanger. Thank you to Pandora from Brainwavz for providing me with the product. This very cool headphone hanger came in a nice, small sized...
The Emotiva DC-1 Stealth DAC is frankly, an incredible value. The only other products I can think of that offers such a complete and capable skill set for such a low cost are the Koss KSC75,...
This is a very comfortable headphone (not ideally so, but close enough) and once you get used to the clap force, you barely notice it's on. The sound quality is amazing. I have compared this...
First of all, thank you to @ejong7 for arranging for me to be included in this review tour. I am in no way affiliated with Obravo or any retailer. I am head-fi hobbyist and music lover...
New Headphones - Page 2post #16 of 9711/26/12 at 3:58amMy koss tbse1 is decent, fair amount of bass, mid centric, fair amount of treble. But make sure you don't pay the msrp, try to get it for 70 to 80 bucks. Its a solid mid fi can. And the rest of the money, get yourself a fiio amp (maybe the e17, I have it, its pretty nice). Then its time to get READY, SET, LISTEN!!!
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 9711/26/12 at 4:10amThread Starter
Oh my gosh... that amp is expensive o_o And yeah I'm pretty much set on getting one of those two xD More towards the m50s though. Is the 17 that much different from the cheaper fiio amps? I've been shopping like crazy lately...
post #18 of 9711/26/12 at 4:15ampost #19 of 9711/26/12 at 4:22amThread Starter
I... shall think about it. My parents are going to throw a fit if they see me spending this much money all at once. Granted, it is mine, but I don't think they'd understand xD So do you have a seperate DAC thingy for your ipod?
post #20 of 9711/26/12 at 4:29amQuote:
No I do not. For IPod, you need the dacs or dac/amps that I mentioned before to bypass the internal iPod dac. The e17 in this case works as purely an amp. The dac section of e17 can be used via usb when you are using your computer. BTW, you will need a fiio L9 cable (does not include in your e7 or e17 and has to be purchased separately, should be around 10 bucks) to connect your iPhone to the fiio amp. You don't want to just use a 3.5 to 3.5 cable and connect the iPhone to the amp via headphone out because you will be double amping and will not sound too good.post #21 of 9711/26/12 at 4:34amThread Starterpost #22 of 9711/26/12 at 4:37amHahahaha well there's a saying over in headfi. Welcome here and sorry for your wallet!!! BTW I will be pretty broke too so don't worry because I'm going to either get the ibasso dx100 or the upcoming hifiman hm901 soon... so yeah don't worry, we are all broke over here!post #23 of 9711/26/12 at 4:41amThread Starterpost #24 of 9711/26/12 at 4:42am
Look, ur gonna use this only/mostly with your iphone? Then you won't need the DAC of the fiio e17...
Also, do you want bass, treble or maybe a neutral headphone anyways. I have the beyerdynamic dt-880, which is rather neutral.post #25 of 9711/26/12 at 4:49am
We welcome you with open arms and we are glad to lure you into the wallet dangerous world of audio!post #26 of 9711/26/12 at 4:49amThread StarterQuote:
Oh? why won't I need one? and I prefer more of a neutral headphone.post #27 of 9711/26/12 at 4:53amDidn't know you wanted a neutral sounding headphone... you said you may get the m50 which I don't think anyone has said its neutral... BTW you don't need the dac because you wont be able to use it with your iPhone anyway but it can come in handy when you use your comppost #28 of 9711/26/12 at 5:15ampost #29 of 9711/26/12 at 5:22am
- New Headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Grado Modification Overview
- › FiiO Factory Tour 2016 36 seconds ago
- › Looking for headphones with a great soundstage, good bass slam and... 5 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 5 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android + Amp Module... 6 minutes ago
- › On-ear headphones around $200 7 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound blaster E5 - Headphone amp + USB DAC with OTG +... 9 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 9 minutes ago
- › Sonarworks Headphone Calibration software 11 minutes ago
- › Recommendation for for a new over ear headphone. 11 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio Lyra by Brooko
- › Brainwavz Hooka by DynamikeB
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by JoeDoe
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by MorrisL
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by Krisman
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by achelgeson
- › Meze 99 Classics by Mshenay
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by C.C.S.
- › Effect Audio Leonidas by MikePortnoy
- › Brainwavz BLU-200 by DynamikeB
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...