- 432 Posts. Joined 11/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- productEtymotic Research HF3tagged by System, 11/28/12
- productEtymotic Research HF5 Portable In-Ear Earphonestagged by System, 11/28/12
- productFischer Audio Silver Bulletstagged by System, 11/28/12
- productHEAD-DIRECT HiFiMan RE-262tagged by System, 11/28/12
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 11/28/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 11/28/12
- productJVC HA-FXD80tagged by System, 11/28/12
- productJVC Kenwood Victor Inner year Headphone HA-FX3Xtagged by System, 11/28/12
- productMonster Turbine In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 11/28/12
- productShure SE215tagged by System, 11/28/12More
- productSony MDR-EX500LP Vertical In-the-Ear Style EX Style Headphonestagged by System, 11/28/12
- productSony MH1 Livesound Hi-Fi Stereo In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 11/28/12
- productSoundmagic E10tagged by System, 11/28/12
- productUltimate Ears 700 Noise Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 11/28/12
- productYamaha EPH-M100 High-Performance Earphonestagged by System, 11/28/12
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Broke my Etymotics...didn't care for them anyways. Need new CHEAP IEM's. help! Last post on 12/3/12 at 8:00am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Durable IEMs for less than 100$ Last post on 3/10/13 at 10:41am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM's for electronic/house music under $100 Last post on 11/28/12 at 9:08pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which IEM with no, "For the money" status? Last post on 9/21/14 at 10:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
First if I would like to thank Meze for including me in their review program. I did NOT receive these for free, like all other reviewers in the program I have been given a 1 week window to...
Intro Meze Headphones is a company with a simple philosophy; Motivation, Values, People. With a passion for art and music, achieved through patience and dedication, Meze design...
Initial & information from the Rock Jaw website: I happened across the Rock Jaw sponsor page listing the need to review their Resonate BA-Hybrid IEM. Not knowing much about either, I threw my...
These headphones are well known for its low price and quality. I think they should be called shockers because when you look at them its one thing but when you listen to them suddenly they change to...
Final chose me to review the F7200 (review here) and the F4100 ($280) and provided samples free of charge. I have spent several days listening to the F4100, and I believe I can give an...
IEMs for around $80 - All types of music but tight bass a mustpost #1 of 1711/25/12 at 1:18pmThread StarterLong time listener, first time caller. I am currently looking for a set of IEMs in the $80 price range. Have no preference but do currently own a set of monster turbine pro gold which I love - i am looking for a set for my son. Considering monster turbine, shure 215, etymotic hf3/5, head direct re0, jvc fx3x (heard these have good bass but a bit muddy), sony mh1c. Kind of looking for the best of all worlds here, deep tight bass, punchy midrange and clear highs (not too much to ask right) - thanks.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 1711/25/12 at 1:28pm
The JVC FXD80, Yamaha EPH100 are great for the price and they offers same as you are looking for in the IEMs. JVC FX3X offers tight punchy bass which is very high quality and overall it's crisp clear sounding and match well with almost all genres music. But Turbine are pretty good too because it offers deeper reverbing bass and overall very detailed. The other IEMs like RE0 are amazing for current disconted price at head-direct and if add Fiio E5 in chain then bass will deifinatly improve further, BTW RE262 are steel at current head-direct price $99.post #3 of 1711/25/12 at 7:23pmThread StarterCurrently leaning toward the re-0 at the black Friday price and I also added the Sony XB90ex to the list. Can anyone rank these so far or offer your top choice for the type of listening experience I am looking for. Thanks again.post #4 of 1711/25/12 at 9:21pmpost #5 of 1711/25/12 at 9:31pmThread Starterpost #6 of 1711/25/12 at 9:40pmQuote:
I was going to suggest Monster Turbine, Etymotics are also known to be a touch bass light. I'll tell you what I think?
I think you could seriously spend $35 on SoundMAGIC E10 and be just as satisfied as a pair of Turbines. I have both here, I actually prefer the E10.post #7 of 1711/25/12 at 9:56pmThread Starterpost #8 of 1711/25/12 at 10:21pmQuote:
SoundMAGIC E10 have slightly forward mids, relaxed but sparkle treble and good tight bass punch, with a slight amount of mid bass. They're rather musical and get your foot tapping, suit all genre's without a problem.
Turbines would go deeper in sub-bass but the bass is a touch loose or flabby, the mids are smooth with decent clarity but the treble is a little back seated, kind of that mainstream inoffensive treble heard on consumer brands. I tried several IEM's at my local mall. and was never happy, only after finding Head-Fi and reading up on E10 did I start to see a future in my IEM journey.
Here's a review on the E10.
I've had the Yamaha EPH-100, they're really nice if you can outlay the cash, they have the bass you want, a little loose in control but overall tight, goes deep in sub-bass / slightly mid bass focused but their mids are liquid and vocals sound amazing, separation is also a word EPH-100 use highly. Bass doesn't bleed either into the mids.
Edited by H20Fidelity - 11/25/12 at 10:24pmpost #9 of 1711/26/12 at 12:20amTight means controlled and without extra decay yes? If so then the RE0 has tight bass. It is very slightly above flat and for sure much less than the monster's the op has experience with.
If one wants deeper more emphasized bass and clearer more pronounced highs I would recommend the FXD80.post #10 of 1711/26/12 at 2:39ampost #11 of 1711/26/12 at 2:57pmThread Starter
So we are now at the JVC FXD80 (around $90, a little harder to find?), UE700 (around $109), SoundMAGIC E10 (about $35) and Turbines (around $80). I do not like the looks of the Yamaha. Tight bass with some quality sub bass (again not flabby or muddy) and clear and crisp highs/mid highs. I don't care which ones but if I get the same result for $35 that I would get for $109, obviously we go with $35 but I have no problem going up to $109 if I get better sound. How would you guys rank these for the ones that you have heard. Thanks!!
post #12 of 1711/26/12 at 3:02pm
The Klipsch X10 is having a massive sale on amazon right now.post #13 of 1711/26/12 at 3:07pmThread Starterpost #14 of 1711/26/12 at 3:13pmpost #15 of 1711/26/12 at 3:23pmQuote:
I've not heard them personally, but the sound descriptions match what you want. Plus, they'll not be at this price again for at least another year. They usually sell for upwards of $200Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for around $80 - All types of music but tight bass a must
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Sennheiser HD800 S Impressions Thread (read first post for summary) 48 seconds ago
- › Show us your vintage headphones! 52 seconds ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 4 minutes ago
- › What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter) 4 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern KANN - DAP with Massive Storage & Battery 6 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio iOne official thread - There can be only one! 6 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 8 minutes ago
- › Three New Amps on Preorder from Audio-GD (C-2 11th Anniversary... 11 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Neo by dweaver
- › Meze 12 Classics by Bansaku
- › Rock Jaw Audio Resonate by ngoshawk
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by krenky
- › Final F4100 by jwbrent
- › Audio-Technica AT-PHA100 by Army-Firedawg
- › Noble Audio Katana by EZE99
- › AKG K 550 by Mink
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by krenky
- › Edifier K180 by Redcarmoose
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear