- 426 Posts. Joined 11/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- productEtymotic Research HF3tagged by System, 11/28/12
- productEtymotic Research HF5 Portable In-Ear Earphones (Cobalt)tagged by System, 11/28/12
- productFischer Audio Silver Bulletstagged by System, 11/28/12
- productHEAD-DIRECT HiFiMan RE-262tagged by System, 11/28/12
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 11/28/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 11/28/12
- productJVC HA-FXD80tagged by System, 11/28/12
- productJVC Kenwood Victor Inner year Headphone HA-FX3Xtagged by System, 11/28/12
- productMonster Turbine In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 11/28/12
- productShure SE215tagged by System, 11/28/12More
- productSony MDR-EX500LP Vertical In-the-Ear Style EX Style Headphonestagged by System, 11/28/12
- productSony MH1C Black Livesound Hi-Fi Stereo In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 11/28/12
- productSoundmagic E10tagged by System, 11/28/12
- productUltimate Ears 700 Noise Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 11/28/12
- productYamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphonetagged by System, 11/28/12
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Broke my Etymotics...didn't care for them anyways. Need new CHEAP IEM's. help! Last post on 12/3/12 at 8:00am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM's for electronic/house music under $100 Last post on 11/28/12 at 9:08pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which IEM with no, "For the money" status? Last post on 11/9/12 at 2:59pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sub200$ IEM with best value [ RE262; HF5; GR07; GR01; X10i; TF10; Custom CE & more] Last post on 8/22/13 at 1:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
IEMs for around $80 - All types of music but tight bass a must
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The JVC FXD80, Yamaha EPH100 are great for the price and they offers same as you are looking for in the IEMs. JVC FX3X offers tight punchy bass which is very high quality and overall it's crisp clear sounding and match well with almost all genres music. But Turbine are pretty good too because it offers deeper reverbing bass and overall very detailed. The other IEMs like RE0 are amazing for current disconted price at head-direct and if add Fiio E5 in chain then bass will deifinatly improve further, BTW RE262 are steel at current head-direct price $99.
I was going to suggest Monster Turbine, Etymotics are also known to be a touch bass light. I'll tell you what I think?
I think you could seriously spend $35 on SoundMAGIC E10 and be just as satisfied as a pair of Turbines. I have both here, I actually prefer the E10.
SoundMAGIC E10 have slightly forward mids, relaxed but sparkle treble and good tight bass punch, with a slight amount of mid bass. They're rather musical and get your foot tapping, suit all genre's without a problem.
Turbines would go deeper in sub-bass but the bass is a touch loose or flabby, the mids are smooth with decent clarity but the treble is a little back seated, kind of that mainstream inoffensive treble heard on consumer brands. I tried several IEM's at my local mall. and was never happy, only after finding Head-Fi and reading up on E10 did I start to see a future in my IEM journey.
Here's a review on the E10.
I've had the Yamaha EPH-100, they're really nice if you can outlay the cash, they have the bass you want, a little loose in control but overall tight, goes deep in sub-bass / slightly mid bass focused but their mids are liquid and vocals sound amazing, separation is also a word EPH-100 use highly. Bass doesn't bleed either into the mids.
Edited by H20Fidelity - 11/25/12 at 10:24pm
If one wants deeper more emphasized bass and clearer more pronounced highs I would recommend the FXD80.
So we are now at the JVC FXD80 (around $90, a little harder to find?), UE700 (around $109), SoundMAGIC E10 (about $35) and Turbines (around $80). I do not like the looks of the Yamaha. Tight bass with some quality sub bass (again not flabby or muddy) and clear and crisp highs/mid highs. I don't care which ones but if I get the same result for $35 that I would get for $109, obviously we go with $35 but I have no problem going up to $109 if I get better sound. How would you guys rank these for the ones that you have heard. Thanks!!
The Klipsch X10 is having a massive sale on amazon right now.
I've not heard them personally, but the sound descriptions match what you want. Plus, they'll not be at this price again for at least another year. They usually sell for upwards of $200
- IEMs for around $80 - All types of music but tight bass a must
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Band Name Game II 42 seconds ago
- › Wanted: Cheap Portable Audio Player 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › AKG K701 with Single-ended Moon Audio Black Dragon Cable (10 ft/3 m) 2 minutes ago
- › Programs used for HiFi listening 2 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Decware Select Zen CSP2 Tube Headphone Amp 3 minutes ago
- › 6SN7 Tube Addicts 3 minutes ago
- › Minneapolis Meet 9/20/14 4 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)