- 426 Posts. Joined 11/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- productEtymotic Research HF3tagged by System, 11/28/12
- productEtymotic Research HF5 Portable In-Ear Earphonestagged by System, 11/28/12
- productFischer Audio Silver Bulletstagged by System, 11/28/12
- productHEAD-DIRECT HiFiMan RE-262tagged by System, 11/28/12
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 11/28/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 11/28/12
- productJVC HA-FXD80tagged by System, 11/28/12
- productJVC Kenwood Victor Inner year Headphone HA-FX3Xtagged by System, 11/28/12
- productMonster Turbine In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 11/28/12
- productShure SE215tagged by System, 11/28/12More
- productSony MDR-EX500LP Vertical In-the-Ear Style EX Style Headphonestagged by System, 11/28/12
- productSony MH1 Livesound Hi-Fi Stereo In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 11/28/12
- productSoundmagic E10tagged by System, 11/28/12
- productUltimate Ears 700 Noise Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 11/28/12
- productYamaha EPH-M100 High-Performance Earphonestagged by System, 11/28/12
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Broke my Etymotics...didn't care for them anyways. Need new CHEAP IEM's. help! Last post on 12/3/12 at 8:00am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Durable IEMs for less than 100$ Last post on 3/10/13 at 10:41am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM's for electronic/house music under $100 Last post on 11/28/12 at 9:08pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which IEM with no, "For the money" status? Last post on 9/21/14 at 10:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
IEMs for around $80 - All types of music but tight bass a must
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The JVC FXD80, Yamaha EPH100 are great for the price and they offers same as you are looking for in the IEMs. JVC FX3X offers tight punchy bass which is very high quality and overall it's crisp clear sounding and match well with almost all genres music. But Turbine are pretty good too because it offers deeper reverbing bass and overall very detailed. The other IEMs like RE0 are amazing for current disconted price at head-direct and if add Fiio E5 in chain then bass will deifinatly improve further, BTW RE262 are steel at current head-direct price $99.
I was going to suggest Monster Turbine, Etymotics are also known to be a touch bass light. I'll tell you what I think?
I think you could seriously spend $35 on SoundMAGIC E10 and be just as satisfied as a pair of Turbines. I have both here, I actually prefer the E10.
SoundMAGIC E10 have slightly forward mids, relaxed but sparkle treble and good tight bass punch, with a slight amount of mid bass. They're rather musical and get your foot tapping, suit all genre's without a problem.
Turbines would go deeper in sub-bass but the bass is a touch loose or flabby, the mids are smooth with decent clarity but the treble is a little back seated, kind of that mainstream inoffensive treble heard on consumer brands. I tried several IEM's at my local mall. and was never happy, only after finding Head-Fi and reading up on E10 did I start to see a future in my IEM journey.
Here's a review on the E10.
I've had the Yamaha EPH-100, they're really nice if you can outlay the cash, they have the bass you want, a little loose in control but overall tight, goes deep in sub-bass / slightly mid bass focused but their mids are liquid and vocals sound amazing, separation is also a word EPH-100 use highly. Bass doesn't bleed either into the mids.
Edited by H20Fidelity - 11/25/12 at 10:24pm
If one wants deeper more emphasized bass and clearer more pronounced highs I would recommend the FXD80.
So we are now at the JVC FXD80 (around $90, a little harder to find?), UE700 (around $109), SoundMAGIC E10 (about $35) and Turbines (around $80). I do not like the looks of the Yamaha. Tight bass with some quality sub bass (again not flabby or muddy) and clear and crisp highs/mid highs. I don't care which ones but if I get the same result for $35 that I would get for $109, obviously we go with $35 but I have no problem going up to $109 if I get better sound. How would you guys rank these for the ones that you have heard. Thanks!!
The Klipsch X10 is having a massive sale on amazon right now.
I've not heard them personally, but the sound descriptions match what you want. Plus, they'll not be at this price again for at least another year. They usually sell for upwards of $200
- IEMs for around $80 - All types of music but tight bass a must
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Sennheiser's New HD Line of Affordable Headphones (HD 451, HD 461,... 52 seconds ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 2 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-1A - Sony's latest update on the 1R 2 minutes ago
- › New Audeze LCD3 2 minutes ago
- › Please Help With Dac/Amp choice 3 minutes ago
- › IEMs with detachable cables? 3 minutes ago
- › For 6AS7G tube rollers here ..... 5 minutes ago
- › Official NYC area / Regional Fall meet, November 14th, 2015 -... 5 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster Roar 2 Portable NFC Bluetooth Speaker with... by lin0003
- › Encore RockMaster OE by Armaegis
- › Encore RockMaster IE by Armaegis
- › Final Audio Design Heaven VII by AndrewH13
- › Brainwavz Kidwavz KV100 Childrens Bluetooth Volume Limited Headphones by HiFiChris
- › Brainwavz Jive by Hisoundfi
- › Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running... by BloodyPenguin
- › Cozoy Aegis Portable 24/192 DAC/Amp by Baycode
- › OPPO HA-2 by ClieOS
- › Westone UM Pro 30 by Voyageur
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2