- 7 Posts. Joined 11/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 11/30/12
- categoryDACstagged by System, 11/30/12
- productFiiO E11tagged by System, 11/30/12
- productFiio E6 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 11/30/12
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 11/30/12
- productHRT iStreamertagged by System, 11/30/12
Related Forum Threads
- DAC to use with my ipod Last post on 11/6/12 at 6:44am in Portable Headphone Amps
- any tips for closed back, really good quality portable headphones and portable amp/DAC combo? Last post on 10/17/12 at 6:19pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Samsung Galaxy 10.1 + Fiio E07k Andes???? Last post on 12/8/13 at 3:31pm in Portable Source Gear
- help? Last post on 2/13/13 at 3:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Am I opening a door here? Last post on 12/25/12 at 9:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
I was provided a review sample and appreciate the generosity and opportunity to listen and review the Brainwavz S5. I've owned many Brainwavz earphones ranging from the Beta through the B2...
Got a good local deal on these as the are being replaced by the SoundTrue variant, which as far as I can tell, only adds a case and different colors. The Bose AE2 are a very lightweight...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Cheap but good dac
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Fiios with any DAC features will not work with apple portable products, like iPods and iPhones (Apple product would at least need a USB port).
The cheapest DAC that can connect to the apple's LOD port is the HRT iStreamer, $155, and it's not really designed to work as a portable.
ATH-M50 may not benefit much with portable amplifiers, over being connected straight to the iPods headphone jack.
The Fiio E11 ($62) with a Fiio L cable ($10) is about the best you can do for something portable for use with the iPod.
With using the 50-Ohm ATH-M50, I doubt you would hear much difference, if any.
Maybe a little in the bass with the E11 on full boost.
- Cheap but good dac
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › What amp to get for the Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pros? 18 seconds ago
- › Over the ear headphone suggestions -- $300.00 and many specific needs. 40 seconds ago
- › Plug Headphone directly to Soundcard broke 1 Headphone channel 1 minute ago
- › Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread 2 minutes ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 2 minutes ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 3 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 3 minutes ago
- › Help Deciding on < $300 Headphones 4 minutes ago
- › Zero Audio Tenore IEM 5 minutes ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 7 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by DannyBai
- › Bose®AE2 audio headphones by Blinxat
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)