- 7 Posts. Joined 11/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 11/30/12
- categoryDACstagged by System, 11/30/12
- productFiiO E11tagged by System, 11/30/12
- productFiio E6 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 11/30/12
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 11/30/12
- productHRT iStreamertagged by System, 11/30/12
Related Forum Threads
- DAC to use with my ipod Last post on 11/6/12 at 6:44am in Portable Headphone Amps
- any tips for closed back, really good quality portable headphones and portable amp/DAC combo? Last post on 10/17/12 at 6:19pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Samsung Galaxy 10.1 + Fiio E07k Andes???? Last post on 12/8/13 at 3:31pm in Portable Source Gear
- help? Last post on 2/13/13 at 3:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Am I opening a door here? Last post on 12/25/12 at 9:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
Overall Impressions This is a amazingly looking device, it does not matter how you look at it, it is simply a pleasure to look at. That is the first impact that one have once you look at it,...
The Pendulumic Stance S1 is an excellent "bluetooth" headphone. I'm sure there are better sounding "wireless" headphones and at some level believe the category should be divided into wireless and...
First of all, I'd like to thank Cayin for opportunity to review C5. As usual, main review is in Russian, here I'll share mt impressions in brief. There is not so many good portable amps in sub...
Ah, yes. The SE215, quite possibly the most popular entry-level IEM on the market at the moment, and for good reason. These headphones are perfect for any budding audio enthusiast thanks to its...
Shure has definitely outdone themselves with this wonderful product. Never have I experienced more clarity in a pair of IEMs. For someone who listens to alternative rock, pop, and an assorted array...
Cheap but good dac
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Fiios with any DAC features will not work with apple portable products, like iPods and iPhones (Apple product would at least need a USB port).
The cheapest DAC that can connect to the apple's LOD port is the HRT iStreamer, $155, and it's not really designed to work as a portable.
ATH-M50 may not benefit much with portable amplifiers, over being connected straight to the iPods headphone jack.
The Fiio E11 ($62) with a Fiio L cable ($10) is about the best you can do for something portable for use with the iPod.
With using the 50-Ohm ATH-M50, I doubt you would hear much difference, if any.
Maybe a little in the bass with the E11 on full boost.
- Cheap but good dac
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Android phones and USB DACs 29 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 31 seconds ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 31 seconds ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › sub $150~ over the ear for someone with a large head and ears? 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI - 2 weeks old - Mint, As new 2 minutes ago
- › Whiplash TWau V3 8 strand 2 minutes ago
- › Need recommendations for computer speakers under $120 3 minutes ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 3 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-1 Headphone Amp by LeoTheAwesome
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1 Wireless Headphones by mpm2433
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)