- 64 Posts. Joined 10/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 11/27/12
- productBeyerdynamic Custom One Protagged by System, 11/27/12
- productBeyerdynamic Custom Onestagged by System, 11/27/12
- productKRK KNS8400 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 11/27/12
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 11/27/12
- productShure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphonestagged by System, 11/27/12
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by System, 11/27/12
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Looking for some nice headphones (headset) for gaming + music Last post on 12/27/12 at 3:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Neutral sound headphones Last post on 12/4/12 at 3:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Dr. Dre Trade - The adventure of bad Headphones Last post on 10/29/14 at 8:24am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Sub-$100 Headphone? Last post on 9/10/12 at 11:06am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 7/31/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 8/6/15
Intro When it comes to the world of PC audio, Creative Labs is a brand well known. For nearly 35 years Creative has been an industry leader in digital multimedia technology and innovation....
I have had my AK380 for over a month now and its time to post a review Before I had the AK380 I had an NW-ZX2 for 6 months, an AK240 for nearly two years and the AK120 before that, so yes, I...
I have tried the JBL Synchros line of s300, s500, and s700. As it turns out, the low end model sounds the best to me. These are on ear design, cups are about 3 inches wide. Headband and yokes are...
These are easy to use and pair quickly with your device. The sound quality - lows, mids, and highs are excellent provided a good seal with the ear. Good bluetooth range, battery life, and comfort....
USED Shure E5, 425, 535 EX1000 is a good start to have a taste of pro sound. Islation is not that good when music isnt playing.
Best headphones around 100$?Isolatedpost #1 of 1211/24/12 at 12:08pmThread Startercurrently looking at the KNS 8400, and the ultrasone 580, are there any better options? at first i was leaning towards the M50's, but read about how much hate the new "white boxed" models are getting. I listen to electronic,jazz,classical, etc. just about anything but country,dubstep(is dubstep considered a genre?), and metal/hardcore stuff. My budget is around 100$, and i need to be able to wear them at school and in public areas(library etc.)Thanks
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 1211/24/12 at 2:10pmQuote:Originally Posted by Kuloss
currently looking at the KNS 8400, and the ultrasone 580, are there any better options? at first i was leaning towards the M50's, but read about how much hate the new "white boxed" models are getting. I listen to electronic,jazz,classical, etc. just about anything but country,dubstep(is dubstep considered a genre?), and metal/hardcore stuff. My budget is around 100$, and i need to be able to wear them at school and in public areas(library etc.)Thanks
The HFI580 can be weird for some. It's good, but polarizing. I liked the KNS for electronic and jazz. They're also much lighter and more portable.post #3 of 1211/24/12 at 6:13pmThread StarterYeah,but i also enjoy bass,and apparently the bass on the 580s are outstanding,but,the highs are supposed to hurt the listener's ears?like one reviewer said,instead of a vuitar solo,it sounded like somebody screaming into a garbage can. Are the krks bass-weak?post #4 of 1211/24/12 at 6:18pmQuote:
KRKs are pretty balanced. The highs aren't as bad as other Ultrasone offerings, but still not as good as you'd expect at that price. Also look into the XB500 if you want lots of bass without everything else lacking too much. For more of a conventional/balanced sound, SRH440/M50.post #5 of 1211/24/12 at 7:43pmThread Starterpost #6 of 1211/24/12 at 7:52pmQuote:
The M50s are a bit more aggressive, a little more subbass and treble sparkle. The KRKs are flat. Might be some recessions/dips in there, but not very noticeable. Build is better on the M50, but the KRK are lighter.post #7 of 1211/24/12 at 8:16pmThread Starterpost #8 of 1211/24/12 at 8:20pm
Yes! One of my favourite Beyers. Just a really fun sound. Didn't include them since they're sort of over your budget. The bass settings are nice, but I wouldn't go over 3/4.post #9 of 1211/24/12 at 8:34pmpost #10 of 1211/24/12 at 9:04pmThread Starterpost #11 of 1211/25/12 at 3:15pmThread StarterReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best headphones around 100$?Isolated
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and... 56 seconds ago
- › Is there really such a thing as a non - colored headphone ( are the... 1 minute ago
- › 🇬🇧 CanJam London 2015 Impressions Thread! August 29-30, 2015! 1 minute ago
- › post your grado mods.... 2 minutes ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (The IEM Bass club) 4 minutes ago
- › Fidelio X2 earpads glued to the headphone? + Thoughts on DACport Slim? 5 minutes ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 5 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Semi-Finals: Piper Lou-Renee v. Molly Pinto Madigan [Vote and get... 6 minutes ago
- › New high-end headphone amps: Vorzuge VorzAMPpure and VorzAMPduo... 6 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by Bansaku
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Ultimate High Fidelity Portable Music Player by piercer
- › JBL Synchros S300 Premium On-Ear Stereo Headphones by ourfpshero
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by Mark231
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Picollo by dubbcd
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by dubbcd
- › HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2 (External PSU) by BloodyPenguin
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by Reinoud1963
- › Sony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphones by Chu
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2