- 68 Posts. Joined 10/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 11/27/12
- productBeyerdynamic Custom One Protagged by System, 11/27/12
- productBeyerdynamic Custom Onestagged by System, 11/27/12
- productKRK KNS8400 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 11/27/12
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 11/27/12
- productShure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphonestagged by System, 11/27/12
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by System, 11/27/12
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Looking for some nice headphones (headset) for gaming + music Last post on 12/27/12 at 3:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Neutral sound headphones Last post on 12/4/12 at 3:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Dr. Dre Trade - The adventure of bad Headphones Last post on 10/29/14 at 8:24am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Sub-$100 Headphone? Last post on 9/10/12 at 11:06am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
This is a review of the Zorloo ZuperDAC DAC/amp combo. The Zorloo ZuperDAC was sendt to me for free from Zorloo in exchange for my honest review of it. I’d like to say THANK YOU to Zorloo for...
Not an audiophile, but here are my most notable impressions of these in ears: They're V-Shaped Natural, warm, accurate, true to life are not the words I'd use to describe these headphones....
FiiO X1 2nd Generation Review Disclaimer: The product I am reviewing was provided to me from FiiO in exchange for an honest review of the X1 2nd Generation. Please note that this is an early...
**disclaimer** I am not a high end audiophile, nor, am I veresed in the lingo. I'm just a guy guy who loves music, and loves to listen to it through great headphones/iem's powered by great...
Best headphones around 100$?Isolatedpost #1 of 1211/24/12 at 12:08pmThread Startercurrently looking at the KNS 8400, and the ultrasone 580, are there any better options? at first i was leaning towards the M50's, but read about how much hate the new "white boxed" models are getting. I listen to electronic,jazz,classical, etc. just about anything but country,dubstep(is dubstep considered a genre?), and metal/hardcore stuff. My budget is around 100$, and i need to be able to wear them at school and in public areas(library etc.)Thanks
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 1211/24/12 at 2:10pmQuote:Originally Posted by Kuloss
currently looking at the KNS 8400, and the ultrasone 580, are there any better options? at first i was leaning towards the M50's, but read about how much hate the new "white boxed" models are getting. I listen to electronic,jazz,classical, etc. just about anything but country,dubstep(is dubstep considered a genre?), and metal/hardcore stuff. My budget is around 100$, and i need to be able to wear them at school and in public areas(library etc.)Thanks
The HFI580 can be weird for some. It's good, but polarizing. I liked the KNS for electronic and jazz. They're also much lighter and more portable.post #3 of 1211/24/12 at 6:13pmThread StarterYeah,but i also enjoy bass,and apparently the bass on the 580s are outstanding,but,the highs are supposed to hurt the listener's ears?like one reviewer said,instead of a vuitar solo,it sounded like somebody screaming into a garbage can. Are the krks bass-weak?post #4 of 1211/24/12 at 6:18pmQuote:
KRKs are pretty balanced. The highs aren't as bad as other Ultrasone offerings, but still not as good as you'd expect at that price. Also look into the XB500 if you want lots of bass without everything else lacking too much. For more of a conventional/balanced sound, SRH440/M50.post #5 of 1211/24/12 at 7:43pmThread Starterpost #6 of 1211/24/12 at 7:52pmQuote:
The M50s are a bit more aggressive, a little more subbass and treble sparkle. The KRKs are flat. Might be some recessions/dips in there, but not very noticeable. Build is better on the M50, but the KRK are lighter.post #7 of 1211/24/12 at 8:16pmThread Starterpost #8 of 1211/24/12 at 8:20pm
Yes! One of my favourite Beyers. Just a really fun sound. Didn't include them since they're sort of over your budget. The bass settings are nice, but I wouldn't go over 3/4.post #9 of 1211/24/12 at 8:34pmpost #10 of 1211/24/12 at 9:04pmThread Starterpost #11 of 1211/25/12 at 3:15pmThread StarterReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best headphones around 100$?Isolated
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 17 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW ... 31 seconds ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 35 seconds ago
- › Oriolus Hybrid IEM 2 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Electronics 2Qute DAC announced 3 minutes ago
- › Objectivists board room 3 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 3 minutes ago
- › Bose QC35 Wireless Noise-Cancelling Headphones 5 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony TA-ZH1ES Hi-Res Headphone Amplifier (Live From... 5 minutes ago
- › V-MODA Crossfade Wireless Over-Ear Headphone - Rouge by Peddler
- › Zorloo ZuperDAC by peter123
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by micropixel
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM In-Ear by Obery
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by Delance26
- › thinksound On2 wood on-ear monitor headphone (natural black) by d8n0g
- › Bluedio T3 Plus (Turbine 3rd) Wireless Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo... by mark2410
- › Bluedio T3 (Turbine 3rd) Extra Bass Wireless Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo... by mark2410
- › Gemtune Urbanfun Hifi Dual-driver In-ear Headphones,Hybrid Balanced... by loomisjohnson
- › Accutone Pisces HD by peter123
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...