- 66 Posts. Joined 10/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 11/27/12
- productBeyerdynamic Custom One Protagged by System, 11/27/12
- productBeyerdynamic Custom Onestagged by System, 11/27/12
- productKRK KNS8400 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 11/27/12
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 11/27/12
- productShure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphonestagged by System, 11/27/12
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by System, 11/27/12
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Looking for some nice headphones (headset) for gaming + music Last post on 12/27/12 at 3:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Neutral sound headphones Last post on 12/4/12 at 3:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Dr. Dre Trade - The adventure of bad Headphones Last post on 10/29/14 at 8:24am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Sub-$100 Headphone? Last post on 9/10/12 at 11:06am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
I love this little thing I really do. I bought it for myself as a present for a professional milestone. I can't tell you that it is worth almost 200 bucks, that's your call, but I don't regret the...
This review was copy pasted from the Sound Blaster X7 thread with minor edits to make it appeal to broader audience. Intro First of all, I would really like to thank Andrew Sparks, the man...
I first used these as monitoring headphones for recording. They quickly moved out of my home studio and now I use them everywhere. I have one pair at home and one pair at work. I also take them...
The Good: Price/Quality ratio; Comfort; Bass quality/quantity; Musicality; Imaging. The Bad: Requires a powerful amplifier. Tonal Balance: V-Shaped Style: Circumaural semi-open. Cost: $250 at...
Xduoo X3 review : After two months of daily use, the Xduoo X3 give me already enough pleasure to make me want to share my enthusiast impressions about him to headfiers around the...
Best headphones around 100$?Isolatedpost #1 of 1211/24/12 at 12:08pmThread Startercurrently looking at the KNS 8400, and the ultrasone 580, are there any better options? at first i was leaning towards the M50's, but read about how much hate the new "white boxed" models are getting. I listen to electronic,jazz,classical, etc. just about anything but country,dubstep(is dubstep considered a genre?), and metal/hardcore stuff. My budget is around 100$, and i need to be able to wear them at school and in public areas(library etc.)Thanks
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 1211/24/12 at 2:10pmQuote:Originally Posted by Kuloss
currently looking at the KNS 8400, and the ultrasone 580, are there any better options? at first i was leaning towards the M50's, but read about how much hate the new "white boxed" models are getting. I listen to electronic,jazz,classical, etc. just about anything but country,dubstep(is dubstep considered a genre?), and metal/hardcore stuff. My budget is around 100$, and i need to be able to wear them at school and in public areas(library etc.)Thanks
The HFI580 can be weird for some. It's good, but polarizing. I liked the KNS for electronic and jazz. They're also much lighter and more portable.post #3 of 1211/24/12 at 6:13pmThread StarterYeah,but i also enjoy bass,and apparently the bass on the 580s are outstanding,but,the highs are supposed to hurt the listener's ears?like one reviewer said,instead of a vuitar solo,it sounded like somebody screaming into a garbage can. Are the krks bass-weak?post #4 of 1211/24/12 at 6:18pmQuote:
KRKs are pretty balanced. The highs aren't as bad as other Ultrasone offerings, but still not as good as you'd expect at that price. Also look into the XB500 if you want lots of bass without everything else lacking too much. For more of a conventional/balanced sound, SRH440/M50.post #5 of 1211/24/12 at 7:43pmThread Starterpost #6 of 1211/24/12 at 7:52pmQuote:
The M50s are a bit more aggressive, a little more subbass and treble sparkle. The KRKs are flat. Might be some recessions/dips in there, but not very noticeable. Build is better on the M50, but the KRK are lighter.post #7 of 1211/24/12 at 8:16pmThread Starterpost #8 of 1211/24/12 at 8:20pm
Yes! One of my favourite Beyers. Just a really fun sound. Didn't include them since they're sort of over your budget. The bass settings are nice, but I wouldn't go over 3/4.post #9 of 1211/24/12 at 8:34pmpost #10 of 1211/24/12 at 9:04pmThread Starterpost #11 of 1211/25/12 at 3:15pmThread StarterReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best headphones around 100$?Isolated
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Master & Dynamic MW60 Impressions Thread 12 seconds ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Gungir Multibit DAC (10/10. Bought March 2016 direct from... 4 minutes ago
- › Klipsch's NEW line of Reference X IEMs (X6i, XR8i, X12i, X20i) 5 minutes ago
- › Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread 7 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 7 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 7 minutes ago
- › Why are the PS1000e so underrated?! 8 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern beyerdynamic AK T8iE Review (First Impressions from IFA... 9 minutes ago
- › Portable Player That Can Provide Gapless Playback Of FLAC & WAV Files 9 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest DragonFly Red USB DAC, Preamp, Headphone Amp by selfdude
- › Sparkos Labs SS3601 Discrete Op-Amps by Yethal
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by selfdude
- › Cascadia Audio Talos by keanex
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by Nymphonomaniac
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by fjhuerta
- › Cleer BT Bluetooth Wireless Headphone by moedawg140
- › ZhiYin Z2016 by crabdog
- › InEar StageDiver SD-4 (Small) by twister6
- › Stax SR-202 by snapacap
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...