- 66 Posts. Joined 10/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 11/27/12
- productBeyerdynamic Custom One Protagged by System, 11/27/12
- productBeyerdynamic Custom Onestagged by System, 11/27/12
- productKRK KNS8400 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 11/27/12
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 11/27/12
- productShure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphonestagged by System, 11/27/12
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by System, 11/27/12
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Looking for some nice headphones (headset) for gaming + music Last post on 12/27/12 at 3:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Neutral sound headphones Last post on 12/4/12 at 3:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Dr. Dre Trade - The adventure of bad Headphones Last post on 10/29/14 at 8:24am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Sub-$100 Headphone? Last post on 9/10/12 at 11:06am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
I'm using this cable with my SMSL SD793-ii because its only option for a computer is its optical output. It does its job and for $8/6ft its worth it for sure. Overall just gives the user great...
-Introduction- HifiMe is a company that specializes in building bare-bones DAC with no frills, focusing entirely on price-to-performance ratios. That’s a good thing for audiophiles on a budget,...
-Introduction- It’s not often I have the chance to review products as high-end as the ZMF x Vibro MK II. I approached Zach in July, and asked for a loaner unit. One wasn’t readily available...
Firstly, many thanks to iFi for the loan of this amp. I am not affiliated with iFi, just a regular Head-Fi addict to happens to be lucky enough to get loan units now and again from the generous iFi...
The Grado SR80i presents everything very nicely, almost romantic, you can hear everything, until you start comparing. Its not the most detailed, however it is very transparent. Its soundstage is...
Best headphones around 100$?Isolatedpost #1 of 1211/24/12 at 12:08pmThread Startercurrently looking at the KNS 8400, and the ultrasone 580, are there any better options? at first i was leaning towards the M50's, but read about how much hate the new "white boxed" models are getting. I listen to electronic,jazz,classical, etc. just about anything but country,dubstep(is dubstep considered a genre?), and metal/hardcore stuff. My budget is around 100$, and i need to be able to wear them at school and in public areas(library etc.)Thanks
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 1211/24/12 at 2:10pmQuote:Originally Posted by Kuloss
currently looking at the KNS 8400, and the ultrasone 580, are there any better options? at first i was leaning towards the M50's, but read about how much hate the new "white boxed" models are getting. I listen to electronic,jazz,classical, etc. just about anything but country,dubstep(is dubstep considered a genre?), and metal/hardcore stuff. My budget is around 100$, and i need to be able to wear them at school and in public areas(library etc.)Thanks
The HFI580 can be weird for some. It's good, but polarizing. I liked the KNS for electronic and jazz. They're also much lighter and more portable.post #3 of 1211/24/12 at 6:13pmThread StarterYeah,but i also enjoy bass,and apparently the bass on the 580s are outstanding,but,the highs are supposed to hurt the listener's ears?like one reviewer said,instead of a vuitar solo,it sounded like somebody screaming into a garbage can. Are the krks bass-weak?post #4 of 1211/24/12 at 6:18pmQuote:
KRKs are pretty balanced. The highs aren't as bad as other Ultrasone offerings, but still not as good as you'd expect at that price. Also look into the XB500 if you want lots of bass without everything else lacking too much. For more of a conventional/balanced sound, SRH440/M50.post #5 of 1211/24/12 at 7:43pmThread Starterpost #6 of 1211/24/12 at 7:52pmQuote:
The M50s are a bit more aggressive, a little more subbass and treble sparkle. The KRKs are flat. Might be some recessions/dips in there, but not very noticeable. Build is better on the M50, but the KRK are lighter.post #7 of 1211/24/12 at 8:16pmThread Starterpost #8 of 1211/24/12 at 8:20pm
Yes! One of my favourite Beyers. Just a really fun sound. Didn't include them since they're sort of over your budget. The bass settings are nice, but I wouldn't go over 3/4.post #9 of 1211/24/12 at 8:34pmpost #10 of 1211/24/12 at 9:04pmThread Starterpost #11 of 1211/25/12 at 3:15pmThread StarterReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best headphones around 100$?Isolated
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread 38 seconds ago
- › HiFiMan RE-600 Review 54 seconds ago
- › Vorbis over AAC - is it worth making the change ? 2 minutes ago
- › 500 to 1000 USD Portable headphones recommendation needed 6 minutes ago
- › Holo Audio Spring R2R DAC 7 minutes ago
- › Westone 4Rs! 8 minutes ago
- › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-7200 10 minutes ago
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 10 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Comparison of 5 High End Digital Music Servers - Aurender... 11 minutes ago
- › Cable Matters Gold Plated Toslink Digital Optical Audio Cable with... by Gabeh765
- › HiFime SPDIF Optical 9018 DAC by Cinder
- › ZMF Headphones x Vibro MK II by Cinder
- › iFi Pro iCAN by Turrican2
- › Grado SR80i Headphones by Bloos
- › Arcam rHead - Discrete True-linear Class-A Analogue Headphone... by glassmonkey
- › Cayin iHA-6 by Dillan
- › Cayin iDAC-6 by Dillan
- › Yamaha HPH-200 Headphone (Black) by harry501501
- › TY Hi-Z 32ohm HiFi Earbuds Earphone by Himpedance
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...