- 64 Posts. Joined 10/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 11/27/12
- productBeyerdynamic Custom One Protagged by System, 11/27/12
- productBeyerdynamic Custom Onestagged by System, 11/27/12
- productKRK KNS8400 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 11/27/12
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 11/27/12
- productShure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphonestagged by System, 11/27/12
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by System, 11/27/12
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Looking for some nice headphones (headset) for gaming + music Last post on 12/27/12 at 3:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Neutral sound headphones Last post on 12/4/12 at 3:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Dr. Dre Trade - The adventure of bad Headphones Last post on 10/29/14 at 8:24am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Sub-$100 Headphone? Last post on 9/10/12 at 11:06am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: Yesterday
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 7/14/15
At the time of the review, the Venture Electronics Zen was on sale on the company’s Aliexpress store. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Lumia 640 LTE I never owned a portable device (apart from a Sony Walkman in the 80's) because I never felt the use of it. Just out of curiosity, not expecting much, I plugged my Sony MDR-Z7 in my...
MEElectronics/MEEaudio Introduction My experience with IEMs is short lived, but I've had fair enough experience to give you proper detailing. I mainly use detachable only, and can report from...
Introduction In audio circles, the word "endgame" generally refers to a headphone or audio chain component that is practically without fault, and performs at a high enough level to...
Would never dreamed of buying a pair of Beats but end up finding a pair for a rock bottom price(1/3 of the normal retail) so I thought what the heck. Just a side note, since they were...
Best headphones around 100$?Isolatedpost #1 of 1211/24/12 at 12:08pmThread Startercurrently looking at the KNS 8400, and the ultrasone 580, are there any better options? at first i was leaning towards the M50's, but read about how much hate the new "white boxed" models are getting. I listen to electronic,jazz,classical, etc. just about anything but country,dubstep(is dubstep considered a genre?), and metal/hardcore stuff. My budget is around 100$, and i need to be able to wear them at school and in public areas(library etc.)Thanks
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 1211/24/12 at 2:10pmQuote:Originally Posted by Kuloss
currently looking at the KNS 8400, and the ultrasone 580, are there any better options? at first i was leaning towards the M50's, but read about how much hate the new "white boxed" models are getting. I listen to electronic,jazz,classical, etc. just about anything but country,dubstep(is dubstep considered a genre?), and metal/hardcore stuff. My budget is around 100$, and i need to be able to wear them at school and in public areas(library etc.)Thanks
The HFI580 can be weird for some. It's good, but polarizing. I liked the KNS for electronic and jazz. They're also much lighter and more portable.post #3 of 1211/24/12 at 6:13pmThread StarterYeah,but i also enjoy bass,and apparently the bass on the 580s are outstanding,but,the highs are supposed to hurt the listener's ears?like one reviewer said,instead of a vuitar solo,it sounded like somebody screaming into a garbage can. Are the krks bass-weak?post #4 of 1211/24/12 at 6:18pmQuote:
KRKs are pretty balanced. The highs aren't as bad as other Ultrasone offerings, but still not as good as you'd expect at that price. Also look into the XB500 if you want lots of bass without everything else lacking too much. For more of a conventional/balanced sound, SRH440/M50.post #5 of 1211/24/12 at 7:43pmThread Starterpost #6 of 1211/24/12 at 7:52pmQuote:
The M50s are a bit more aggressive, a little more subbass and treble sparkle. The KRKs are flat. Might be some recessions/dips in there, but not very noticeable. Build is better on the M50, but the KRK are lighter.post #7 of 1211/24/12 at 8:16pmThread Starterpost #8 of 1211/24/12 at 8:20pm
Yes! One of my favourite Beyers. Just a really fun sound. Didn't include them since they're sort of over your budget. The bass settings are nice, but I wouldn't go over 3/4.post #9 of 1211/24/12 at 8:34pmpost #10 of 1211/24/12 at 9:04pmThread Starterpost #11 of 1211/25/12 at 3:15pmThread StarterReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best headphones around 100$?Isolated
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Grado SR225e owner: Sr325e vs PS500e vs RS2e - which way to upgrade? 31 seconds ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 31 seconds ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 32 seconds ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 43 seconds ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 52 seconds ago
- › VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand 59 seconds ago
- › The AKG K7XX Massdrop First Edition Thread 1 minute ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x - In-Depth Review & Impressions 3 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 3 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 4 minutes ago
- › VE Zen by Hisoundfi
- › Lumia 640 LTE RM-1072 Black - Factory Unlocked - International... by Mink
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by whitemass
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by eke2k6
- › Beats Solo HD On-Ear Headphone by Skylarke
- › Heaven VII by peter123
- › Noble Audio BTS by HiFiChris
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Cagin
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by White Lotus
- › Etymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphones by ElMarcado
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3