New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Xb500's vs. ATH-m50s

post #1 of 10
Thread Starter 

Currently deciding xb500s (70 bucks) vs. ATH-M50s (105)

 

Leaning toward xb500s cause I do love bass and while I do care about the mids and highs, I don't care for them as much. 

 

Main question is how do the M50s bass compare to the xb500s? If its greater than or equal to the xb500s then I might get the m50s instead.

 

 

 

 

Also I heard xb600s came out. How are they compared to 500s? And how does more of a rolling bass compare to the more punchy bass found in house music?


Edited by tacobff - 11/24/12 at 12:02pm
post #2 of 10

even though this thread area is portable headphones,  you'll most likely get more answers by posting it under full size headphones.

 

If you are on a strict budget, then for the reasons you have stated, go with the xb500.

If you are not on a tight budget, then you should get the m50s.

 

it's been too long since I heard either of the two so I can't do a proper comparison but the m50s are better in the mids and high while still offering you the level of bass you desire.


Edited by atomikn00b - 11/24/12 at 12:08pm
post #3 of 10
Thread Starter 
So m50s essentially have the same bass as the xb500s?

I was told xb500>m50 in terms of bass and I just want to.confirm

im currently not really satisfied with the bass that my hd439s and I really don't want to make mistake again
post #4 of 10
Thread Starter 
So m50s essentially have the same bass as the xb500s?

I was told xb500>m50 in terms of bass and I just want to.confirm

im currently not really satisfied with the bass that my hd439s and I really don't want to make mistake again
post #5 of 10

yes xb500>m50 in terms of bass.

But the difference lies more in the subbass region.

So. If the music you listen to doesn't involve a lot of subbass, your better bet is the m50.

And even if it does, what you gain in mids and highs compared to the xb500 makes up for it.

 

Unless you want to EQ the xb500.

 

Again, this is based on memory. You should get other opinions as well.

You'll find more on the fullsize headphones section.

post #6 of 10
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by atomikn00b View Post

yes xb500>m50 in terms of bass.
But the difference lies more in the subbass region.
So. If the music you listen to doesn't involve a lot of subbass, your better bet is the m50.
And even if it does, what you gain in mids and highs compared to the xb500 makes up for it.

Unless you want to EQ the xb500.

Again, this is based on memory. You should get other opinions as well.
You'll find more on the fullsize headphones section.


Thanks, I mainly listen to dubstep and dnb so I guess it'll be suited, I'll consult the other forum once I get home, on mobile.now
post #7 of 10
Thread Starter 

bump

post #8 of 10
Definitely M50 if you can spend the extra cash. much better sounding in mid and highs over XB500. I've had both in the past, M50 will give you good bass quantity and quality, where as XB500 are all about quantity only. To be honest the M50 mids and highs are like a dream compared to XB500. which are very bloated in bass without much else going for them. The M50 are pretty punchy and go deep enough.

You would be much happier with M50 imo. I did love the comfort of XB500 the cushions were great but that's about as far as I'd go with them.

ATH-M50 >>> XB500 easily!
post #9 of 10
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post

Definitely M50 if you can spend the extra cash. much better sounding in mid and highs over XB500. I've had both in the past, M50 will give you good bass quantity and quality, where as XB500 are all about quantity only. To be honest the M50 mids and highs are like a dream compared to XB500. which are very bloated in bass without much else going for them. The M50 are pretty punchy and go deep enough.
You would be much happier with M50 imo. I did love the comfort of XB500 the cushions were great but that's about as far as I'd go with them.
ATH-M50 >>> XB500 easily!

I have a pair of HD 439's for highs and mids already, but I'm not satisfied with the bass on those.

 

I exclusively listen to bass heavy music anyways.

post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacobff View Post

I have a pair of HD 439's for highs and mids already, but I'm not satisfied with the bass on those.

I exclusively listen to bass heavy music anyways.

Sure, go for the XB500. devil_face.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: