Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Cans under $120-$130
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cans under $120-$130

post #1 of 11
Thread Starter 

Hello, I am new to head-fi and I currently own a pair of Audio Technica ATH-PRO5V and I would like to upgrade to something else.

A common issue on this headphones was the actual build quality of the headphones. The cups are ripped and the headphones are uncomfortable. The sound quality is something that I like in this pair of headphones. I use this mostly with my PC for music and on my TV to listen to PS2/PS3 sound.  I love the sound quality of the headphones.

 

So, let me continue about what I want on a new pair of headphones.

 

Type of headphones:

  • I will not use an amp. I don't afford one.
  • They need to be comfortable and the build quality needs to be good and strong.
  • I am looking for a Over ear/On ear headphones
  • Preferably a detachable cable
  • Under $120 or 100EUR
  •  I will be using the headphones on a PC and TV for gaming. Gaming doesn't really matters to the sound quality. Music comes first

 

I listen to Trance mostly. Vocal Trance and Progressive. These are some tracks I listen to often:

 

Listen to this:

  • Dash Berlin - Man on the Run [ I want a headphones that can make this song sound BEAUTIFUL! :) ]
  • Elements of Piano, Vocals and Bass. 
  • Other songs :
  • http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL933B5F115E377B1A&feature=mh_lolz - My trance playlist
  • I am looking for nice natural vocals and decent bass (not that it hurts your ear) and a good focus for Trance Music especially the song I mentioned.
  • I also listen to Rock/Metal but Trance is the first priority.

 

Some bands I listen to:

  • Pink Floyd (What I listen mostly out of these)
  • Megadeth
  • Slayer
  • Lamb of God
  • Kreator
  • Other melodic bands

 

 

Summary:

 

A strong comfy headphones under $120/100EUR to buy online. Headphones that can handle Pink Floyd and Trance music perfectly. Natural sound quality and preferably a detachable cable. No use of an amp. I will be using the headphones on a PC and TV for gaming. Gaming doesn't really matters to the sound quality. Music comes first

 

 

Thanks,

SolidSnake22 beyersmile.png


Edited by SolidSnake22 - 11/24/12 at 11:07am
post #2 of 11

Hello there!

Well at that price,

I can recommend the ath-m50/s, <these work quite well unamped

AH-D1001,

Ultrasone pro 550,

AD 900,

 

You could also buy a cmoybb 2.03 right not they are "that expensive" and provide decent power to its user.

I hope that helped a bit! 

post #3 of 11

if you stretch a bit he might be able to help http://www.head-fi.org/t/637766/fs-grado-sr-325-classic

post #4 of 11
Thread Starter 

I like the ATH M50's. I might check them out but I cant find a good price.

post #5 of 11

DT770/HFI580. I'd give the edge in comfort to the Beyers though. 

post #6 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinQY View Post

DT770/HFI580. I'd give the edge in comfort to the Beyers though. 

Do you think that the M50's are better for Trance than the HFI 580? 

post #7 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake22 View Post

Do you think that the M50's are better for Trance than the HFI 580? 

Well, the mids aren't as wonky (though still recessed compared to everything else) and the treble is less peaky, so yeah, they should do better for trance. 

 

Forgot to mention the Custom Pro Ones and the KRKs. The COPs are fun, with great bass, and perform well everywhere else. The KNS8400 are just balanced.

post #8 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinQY View Post

Well, the mids aren't as wonky (though still recessed compared to everything else) and the treble is less peaky, so yeah, they should do better for trance. 

 

Forgot to mention the Custom Pro Ones and the KRKs. The COPs are fun, with great bass, and perform well everywhere else. The KNS8400 are just balanced.

What headphones do you think can ace 'Dash Berlin - Man On The Run'

post #9 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake22 View Post

What headphones do you think can ace 'Dash Berlin - Man On The Run'

I would have to have them here to compare to tell you that. Sadly I don't. 

 

I can say that they sound very immersing out of the HE-400s, but that probably won't help you at all. The video quality on that song is fantastic though.

post #10 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinQY View Post

I would have to have them here to compare to tell you that. Sadly I don't. 

 

I can say that they sound very immersing out of the HE-400s, but that probably won't help you at all. The video quality on that song is fantastic though.

Thanks, I will ask someone that has these headphones.

post #11 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcolon View Post

Hello there!

Well at that price,

I can recommend the ath-m50/s, <these work quite well unamped

AH-D1001,

Ultrasone pro 550,

AD 900,

 

You could also buy a cmoybb 2.03 right not they are "that expensive" and provide decent power to its user.

I hope that helped a bit! 

Can you tell me if the ATH-M50 can ace these songs?
Dash Berlin - Man on the Run

Pink Floyd - Poles apart
Pink Floyd - Us and them.

 

These are the most important songs for me.


Edited by SolidSnake22 - 11/25/12 at 3:34am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Cans under $120-$130