Hello, I am new to head-fi and I currently own a pair of Audio Technica ATH-PRO5V and I would like to upgrade to something else.
A common issue on this headphones was the actual build quality of the headphones. The cups are ripped and the headphones are uncomfortable. The sound quality is something that I like in this pair of headphones. I use this mostly with my PC for music and on my TV to listen to PS2/PS3 sound. I love the sound quality of the headphones.
So, let me continue about what I want on a new pair of headphones.
Type of headphones:
- I will not use an amp. I don't afford one.
- They need to be comfortable and the build quality needs to be good and strong.
- I am looking for a Over ear/On ear headphones
- Preferably a detachable cable
- Under $120 or 100EUR
- I will be using the headphones on a PC and TV for gaming. Gaming doesn't really matters to the sound quality. Music comes first
I listen to Trance mostly. Vocal Trance and Progressive. These are some tracks I listen to often:
Listen to this:
- Dash Berlin - Man on the Run [ I want a headphones that can make this song sound BEAUTIFUL! :) ]
- Elements of Piano, Vocals and Bass.
- Other songs :
- http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL933B5F115E377B1A&feature=mh_lolz - My trance playlist
- I am looking for nice natural vocals and decent bass (not that it hurts your ear) and a good focus for Trance Music especially the song I mentioned.
- I also listen to Rock/Metal but Trance is the first priority.
Some bands I listen to:
- Pink Floyd (What I listen mostly out of these)
- Lamb of God
- Other melodic bands
A strong comfy headphones under $120/100EUR to buy online. Headphones that can handle Pink Floyd and Trance music perfectly. Natural sound quality and preferably a detachable cable. No use of an amp. I will be using the headphones on a PC and TV for gaming. Gaming doesn't really matters to the sound quality. Music comes first
Edited by SolidSnake22 - 11/24/12 at 11:07am