- 22 Posts. Joined 11/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productApple iPod classic 120 GB Silver (6th Generation) [Previous Model]tagged by System, 12/1/12
- productHiFiMAN HM-801tagged by System, 12/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- Next DAP needed, 801 dead. What next? 901. C4, AK100,X3/5/7, DX50/90/100 Last post on 2/22/14 at 7:40am in Portable Source Gear
- Hifiman HM801 plus 32GB SD Card SOLD! Last post on 12/5/13 at 3:55pm in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- HM-801 headphone output repair ? Last post on 11/28/13 at 7:02am in Portable Source Gear
- Questions on charging Last post on 11/4/13 at 8:14am in Portable Source Gear
- Amp for use with HM-801 and DT1350? Last post on 11/4/13 at 7:22pm in Portable Headphone Amps
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)Last edited: 12/28/12
Remember Edifier? The company that now owns Stax? I recently covered their e10 Exclaim desktop speakers and found them rather impressive for just $99. While making a nice budget speaker is...
This is my first review, so please bear with me if I'm not particularly clear. 1) This is a headphones that takes time to appreciate 2) 1/2 star for the sound quality, 4&1/2 star for getting...
The AH-D7100's immediately became my go-to headphones for daily use since the day I purchased them three weeks ago. They sound much fuller compared to my Beyerdynamic T5P's and produce high sound...
You get what you see. Nothing extra. CNT or "Carbon nano tube" diaphrams/drivers were developed by the Chinese (I studied this) and J.V.C was the first to mass produce it in their...
I could not recommend these headphones more, they sound better than anything else i have had the opportunity to listen to for more than five minutes. They take the best parts of the headphones i...
Hifiman hm 801 sound quality!post #1 of 5611/24/12 at 7:48amThread StarterHi everyone! I'm new to this forum. I need an help by the experts of audio sound. Hope I am in the right site. I have an ipod classic (160 gb) sixth generation and p5 Bowers & Wilkins headphones. To improve sound quality i have an occasion to buy an hifiman hm801 at half price. Is that a good chioce buy the hifiman, or the audio differences between ipod classic and hifiman are little compared to the prices? Sorry for my english but I'm italian. Thanks all
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 5611/24/12 at 11:49pmWelcome onboard. The HM 801 is a great player but it has his problems. UI is not to everybodies liking.
If you can get it cheap I would say: buy it and if you do not like it sell it on to some one else.post #3 of 5611/25/12 at 3:23amHi Fracocci9203 and welcome. The Apple iPod 6th Gen Classic and HiFiman HM-801 have virtually nothing in common. I once owned a 6th gen and didn't really get on with it. It was probably the worst mp3 player I have owned. Very competent with in ear buds but lacking considerably with normal over the ear headphones. I have never heard a HM-801 but they should sound wonderful with over the ear headphones. Storage is limited and the interface common to these type of players is poor. Battery life is short due to the power hungry electronics. So this will be the opposite of everything you are used to with the Classic.post #4 of 5611/25/12 at 3:44amThread Starterpost #5 of 5611/25/12 at 3:53ampost #6 of 5611/25/12 at 4:32amThread Starter
I'm confused because I'm not sure that this portable player will improove my sound quality...So 350 euros aren't little(sorry for the english)...so i'm not sure if hm 801 is really better than my ipod...what do you think about?
post #7 of 5611/25/12 at 4:46ampost #8 of 5611/25/12 at 5:04amApple's iPod Classic 6th gen was criticised for its harsh elelctronic like sound quality. Its really a high capacity music video player as well as being a general storage device. It might also have another slightly sinister function. It is a mainstream player. HiFimans HM-801 is a purists music player. Sound quality should improve considerably. You might want to get some Sennheiser HD650 headphones to go with it. I haven't had the pleasure of hearing one of these. People say they have a slighly warm analogue sound which I wouldn't like prefering a cold neutral sound. Bass is also quite dark. This is a WAV/Flac player and compression is not recommended.post #9 of 5611/25/12 at 5:12amThread Starterpost #10 of 5611/25/12 at 6:12amNot ideal. These headphones are 'closed back' headphones. This blocks outside sounds but reduces the 'soundstage'. 'Open backed' headphones allow external sound to enter but give a more natural sound. For noisy environments eg. DJ/outside closed is better. For indoor Hi-Fi listening open is better. These headphones have Apple iphone/ipod facilities that would lessen the quality/euro slightly. They have also been optimised for Apple products. They look also to be fashion type of products. All in all not for high end players.post #11 of 5611/25/12 at 11:22ampost #12 of 5611/25/12 at 3:23pmThread Starterpost #13 of 5611/25/12 at 6:55pmpost #14 of 5611/25/12 at 8:24pm
- Hifiman hm 801 sound quality!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
Currently, there are 2995 Active Users (732 Members and 2263 Guests)
- › The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread 31 seconds ago
- › Post Your Photography Here #2 (new dial-up 800X600 friendly) 37 seconds ago
- › Sansa Clip Zip or Clip+ ? 43 seconds ago
- › The FitEar CIEM Appreciation/Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally!... 1 minute ago
- › Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!! 1 minute ago
- › The "IEMs That Significantly Perform BELOW Their Price Point" Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Westone 4 Appreciation Thread and Reviews (a.k.a. Westone 4 ?) 3 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio WA6 + WA6SE: Tubes, Comments, Pictures, and Advice 4 minutes ago
- › Bicycle-Fi! 8 minutes ago
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › Sony Over-Ear Headphones - MDR-10R by a_recording
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude