- 22 Posts. Joined 11/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productApple iPod classic 120 GB Silver (6th Generation) [Previous Model]tagged by System, 12/1/12
- productHiFiMAN HM-801tagged by System, 12/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- Next DAP needed, 801 dead. What next? 901. C4, AK100,X3/5/7, DX50/90/100 Last post on 3/31/14 at 11:51am in Portable Source Gear
- Hifiman HM801 plus 32GB SD Card SOLD! Last post on 12/5/13 at 3:55pm in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- HM-801 headphone output repair ? Last post on 11/28/13 at 7:02am in Portable Source Gear
- Questions on charging Last post on 11/4/13 at 8:14am in Portable Source Gear
- Amp for use with HM-801 and DT1350? Last post on 11/4/13 at 7:22pm in Portable Headphone Amps
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)Last edited: 12/28/12
When I bought these headphones about 2 months ago, I didn't expect much and I bought them without trying them out. It was an impulse buy to be honest, they were on a considerable discount and I...
I have had these now for a few months. I heard they had a very bass orientated sound but not so much that it ruins everything else. When i first purchased these i was a bit confused as to why they...
I bought a pair of HM5s about 6 months ago. They give you absolutely great sound for under $150 but I ran into a big problem. Both sides where the slider connects to the headphones started to...
First a bit of background on my experiences with headphone amps. I have tried the Fiio E17, Objective 2, the 2.3W amp built into my laptop, my Yamaha receiver's headphone out and a cheap $40...
I bought these cans 2 years ago and sold them to get the ATH-M50, which then lead me into the audio world. Overall these are good portable headphones with great build quality. The sound, however,...
Hifiman hm 801 sound quality!post #1 of 5611/24/12 at 7:48amThread StarterHi everyone! I'm new to this forum. I need an help by the experts of audio sound. Hope I am in the right site. I have an ipod classic (160 gb) sixth generation and p5 Bowers & Wilkins headphones. To improve sound quality i have an occasion to buy an hifiman hm801 at half price. Is that a good chioce buy the hifiman, or the audio differences between ipod classic and hifiman are little compared to the prices? Sorry for my english but I'm italian. Thanks all
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 5611/24/12 at 11:49pmWelcome onboard. The HM 801 is a great player but it has his problems. UI is not to everybodies liking.
If you can get it cheap I would say: buy it and if you do not like it sell it on to some one else.post #3 of 5611/25/12 at 3:23amHi Fracocci9203 and welcome. The Apple iPod 6th Gen Classic and HiFiman HM-801 have virtually nothing in common. I once owned a 6th gen and didn't really get on with it. It was probably the worst mp3 player I have owned. Very competent with in ear buds but lacking considerably with normal over the ear headphones. I have never heard a HM-801 but they should sound wonderful with over the ear headphones. Storage is limited and the interface common to these type of players is poor. Battery life is short due to the power hungry electronics. So this will be the opposite of everything you are used to with the Classic.post #4 of 5611/25/12 at 3:44amThread Starterpost #5 of 5611/25/12 at 3:53ampost #6 of 5611/25/12 at 4:32amThread Starter
I'm confused because I'm not sure that this portable player will improove my sound quality...So 350 euros aren't little(sorry for the english)...so i'm not sure if hm 801 is really better than my ipod...what do you think about?
post #7 of 5611/25/12 at 4:46ampost #8 of 5611/25/12 at 5:04amApple's iPod Classic 6th gen was criticised for its harsh elelctronic like sound quality. Its really a high capacity music video player as well as being a general storage device. It might also have another slightly sinister function. It is a mainstream player. HiFimans HM-801 is a purists music player. Sound quality should improve considerably. You might want to get some Sennheiser HD650 headphones to go with it. I haven't had the pleasure of hearing one of these. People say they have a slighly warm analogue sound which I wouldn't like prefering a cold neutral sound. Bass is also quite dark. This is a WAV/Flac player and compression is not recommended.post #9 of 5611/25/12 at 5:12amThread Starterpost #10 of 5611/25/12 at 6:12amNot ideal. These headphones are 'closed back' headphones. This blocks outside sounds but reduces the 'soundstage'. 'Open backed' headphones allow external sound to enter but give a more natural sound. For noisy environments eg. DJ/outside closed is better. For indoor Hi-Fi listening open is better. These headphones have Apple iphone/ipod facilities that would lessen the quality/euro slightly. They have also been optimised for Apple products. They look also to be fashion type of products. All in all not for high end players.post #11 of 5611/25/12 at 11:22ampost #12 of 5611/25/12 at 3:23pmThread Starterpost #13 of 5611/25/12 at 6:55pmpost #14 of 5611/25/12 at 8:24pm
- Hifiman hm 801 sound quality!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
Currently, there are 3196 Active Users (741 Members and 2455 Guests)
- › Orthodynamic Roundup 13 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!! 50 seconds ago
- › The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) 55 seconds ago
- › Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › ROCK-HARD CANADIAN MAPLE HEADPHONES 1 minute ago
- › The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › SF Bay Area mini-meet 1 minute ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . please post your reviews and impressions.... 2 minutes ago
- › The Basshead Club 2 minutes ago
- › the Audiologists impressions thread (pun most definitely intended ;) ) 2 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob