- 308 Posts. Joined 11/2012
- Location: UK
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAiaiai TMA-1tagged by System, 11/24/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 11/24/12
- productAudio Technica ATH-SJ5 headphonestagged by System, 11/24/12
- productCreative Aurvana Live! Headphonestagged by System, 11/24/12
- productFischer Audio FA-004tagged by System, 11/24/12
- productKoss PRODJ100tagged by System, 11/24/12
- productKRK KNS6400 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 11/24/12
- productM-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphonestagged by System, 11/24/12
- productMeze 55 Classics Ebony Wood Headphonestagged by System, 11/24/12
- productShure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphonestagged by System, 11/24/12More
- productSkullcandy Aviator Headphone Black, One Sizetagged by System, 11/24/12
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by System, 11/24/12
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-80tagged by System, 11/24/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphone reccomendation Last post on 4/5/13 at 5:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for some nice headphones (headset) for gaming + music Last post on 12/27/12 at 3:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Dr. Dre Trade - The adventure of bad Headphones Last post on 10/29/14 at 8:24am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for closed back portable cans with some kind of soundstage Last post on 11/17/12 at 7:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
INTRODUCTION I have received FiiO DK1 directly from FiiO company in exchange for my honest opinion (as you will surely find out soon). BACKGROUND This will be short, since you don't...
I do like this headphone quite a bit although I'll be the first to say that I have a soft spot for Beyer phones being my first taste of the audiophile world. This is a review of a...
When I was a child in the '80s, one of my neighbour's kids, a gloriously goofy-looking guy of the era, was always out on his driveway fixing his motorbikes, then later, his car, a vintage Ford V8....
"In a cold world of flagships, the LCD-4 gives me the warmth I have been asking for." -Probably someone...
This review is for someone looking for a good pair of in-ear headphones after using over-ear phones; that's the situation where I am coming from at least, as I have been using Sennheiser's HD598...
headphones for my friendpost #1 of 811/24/12 at 7:39amThread StarterHi head-fiers, a friend of mine is looking for headphones and went to me (her local headphone geek) and is looking for cans that look good, good for pop and most other genres, under 100 pounds sound amazing (she didn't ask for that but I'd cringe if they weren't) and won't deafen her (she's scared of being deaf. Thanks in advance
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 811/24/12 at 12:13pmpost #3 of 811/24/12 at 12:29pmpost #4 of 811/24/12 at 1:31pmThread Starter
thanks for being so quick but I think you're missing out the looks, you see, how shall I put this... She cares more about fashion than sound (I can't believe I just posted a thread asking for headphones where looks are more important than sound to the recipient!) , the good sound is just so that I don't cringe every time she puts them on, see what I mean, also I would feel guilty if they sounded awful because if she asked me to try them passing would be rude, and the facial expression I would elicit would be rude too so it's trying to avoid awkwardness (she isn't on head-fi and she doesn't care enough about headphones so she will never see this thread ). So looking good has to happen. I will pass these recommendations on to her and see what she thinks because it's her that decides in the end... Oh yeah they have to have amazing isolation so she doesn't think they're too quiet...post #5 of 811/24/12 at 2:03pmThread Starterpost #6 of 811/24/12 at 2:14pmpost #7 of 811/24/12 at 2:55pmpost #8 of 811/25/12 at 12:00pmThread StarterI like what you guys are posting, I'll post which ones she chooses, I've told her to pick top three for looks then I'll deal with the sound, that way she likes the looks and I don't have to throw up every time she puts them on. Win win
- headphones for my friend
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 1 minute ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-M50x headphones 2 minutes ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 4 minutes ago
- › FS Sony MDR-XB950BT Bluetooth / Wired headphones 5 minutes ago
- › JBL LSR 305 or Presonus Eris E5 8 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio L2 - review and comparison with (a lot of) other... 8 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 9 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 9 minutes ago
- › FS Dunu Titan 5 In Ear Headphones 11 minutes ago
- › FiiO Multifunction Dock (DK1) by OSiRiSsk
- › beyerdynamic DT 1770 PRO Studio Headphones by Soundsgoodtome
- › Chord DAVE by Currawong
- › Audeze LCD-4 by Dillan
- › Sennheiser IE80 by AnssiRai
- › Effect Audio Ares II + Plus Edition IEM cable by sonickarma
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Tayyab Pirzada
- › Edifier S1000DB Audiophile Active Bookshelf Speakers - Bluetooth... by dnun8086
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones by Llloyd
- › Simaudio 230HAD by sheldaze
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...