I have my USB DAC connected to my Win7 HTPC running foobar in DS mode. Every song skips at the end. It's a weird thing. When the track is about to finish (about 5 left) its skips and goes back a few seconds and does it again. It's almost like a broken record for any of you who remember those days. I've tried playing with the buffer but no luck. Does anybody have an idea of what's going on?
- categoryComputer Audiotagged by System, 12/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- How can I listen to High Res above 96hz Last post on 8/22/13 at 12:25pm in Computer Audio
- Cannot install foobar Last post on 4/1/13 at 2:59pm in Computer Audio
- MQn minimalist Wasapi WAV C++ memory player integrated with foobar2000 Last post on 9/24/13 at 8:02pm in Computer Audio
- Need help removing mic hiss Last post on 3/30/13 at 9:44am in Computer Audio
- iTunes 11 columns? Last post on 1/6/13 at 1:27pm in Computer Audio
Overall Impressions This is a amazingly looking device, it does not matter how you look at it, it is simply a pleasure to look at. That is the first impact that one have once you look at it,...
The Pendulumic Stance S1 is an excellent "bluetooth" headphone. I'm sure there are better sounding "wireless" headphones and at some level believe the category should be divided into wireless and...
First of all, I'd like to thank Cayin for opportunity to review C5. As usual, main review is in Russian, here I'll share mt impressions in brief. There is not so many good portable amps in sub...
Ah, yes. The SE215, quite possibly the most popular entry-level IEM on the market at the moment, and for good reason. These headphones are perfect for any budding audio enthusiast thanks to its...
Shure has definitely outdone themselves with this wonderful product. Never have I experienced more clarity in a pair of IEMs. For someone who listens to alternative rock, pop, and an assorted array...
Foobar skips at the end of every song
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I don't see PUSH mode available. I put it in WASAPI USB DAC and still does the same. I also downloaded DPC Latency and it says it should be able to handle it without a problem.
Event and Push modes are only available on the WASAPI 3.0 component version. If you don't see those options, you're likely using version 2.1. Grab the latest version here: http://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_out_wasapi
You da man!!! Wawapi 3.0 on PUSH solved the problem. Like Blood, Sweat and Tears used to say: You've Made Me So Very Happy...LOL BTW what's the difference between PUSH and EVENT. I never tried EVENT since PUSH sounds great.
Edited by hermes_vb - 12/4/12 at 11:26am
Glad to see you got your issue fixed :)
Technically speaking, Event mode is a more compatible mode that works with a wider range of devices, especially external devices. Sound quality wise, it's debatable, but you shouldn't find any audible differences, given that they're both bitperfect output methods.
I suggested Push mode as it's likely that Windows uses the Event mode when you set Foobar to DS, and your symptoms were consistent with what could go wrong if your DAC does not fully support the Event mode.
The difference between Push and Event boils down to which side controls the transmission. In Push mode it's your PC, in Pull it is the DAC. Push is the older method and therefore is more likely to be well supported by external devices.
Event would be the preferred mode, IF it worked correctly for you. Give it a go, but most likely the stuttering will be back (hope I'm wrong).
- Foobar skips at the end of every song
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Headphone Sightings 2 9 seconds ago
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 17 seconds ago
- › PS1000 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › [New] Philips Fidelio X1 2 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 2 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica A900 repair help! 2 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 2 minutes ago
- › Westone UM PRO Series Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 6 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-1 Headphone Amp by LeoTheAwesome
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1 Wireless Headphones by mpm2433
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)