I have my USB DAC connected to my Win7 HTPC running foobar in DS mode. Every song skips at the end. It's a weird thing. When the track is about to finish (about 5 left) its skips and goes back a few seconds and does it again. It's almost like a broken record for any of you who remember those days. I've tried playing with the buffer but no luck. Does anybody have an idea of what's going on?
- categoryComputer Audiotagged by System, 12/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- How can I listen to High Res above 96hz Last post on 8/22/13 at 12:25pm in Computer Audio
- Cannot install foobar Last post on 4/1/13 at 2:59pm in Computer Audio
- MQn minimalist Wasapi WAV C++ memory player integrated with foobar2000 Last post on 9/24/13 at 8:02pm in Computer Audio
- Need help removing mic hiss Last post on 3/30/13 at 9:44am in Computer Audio
- iTunes 11 columns? Last post on 2/14/15 at 10:50pm in Computer Audio
Foobar skips at the end of every song
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I don't see PUSH mode available. I put it in WASAPI USB DAC and still does the same. I also downloaded DPC Latency and it says it should be able to handle it without a problem.
Event and Push modes are only available on the WASAPI 3.0 component version. If you don't see those options, you're likely using version 2.1. Grab the latest version here: http://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_out_wasapi
You da man!!! Wawapi 3.0 on PUSH solved the problem. Like Blood, Sweat and Tears used to say: You've Made Me So Very Happy...LOL BTW what's the difference between PUSH and EVENT. I never tried EVENT since PUSH sounds great.
Edited by hermes_vb - 12/4/12 at 11:26am
Glad to see you got your issue fixed :)
Technically speaking, Event mode is a more compatible mode that works with a wider range of devices, especially external devices. Sound quality wise, it's debatable, but you shouldn't find any audible differences, given that they're both bitperfect output methods.
I suggested Push mode as it's likely that Windows uses the Event mode when you set Foobar to DS, and your symptoms were consistent with what could go wrong if your DAC does not fully support the Event mode.
The difference between Push and Event boils down to which side controls the transmission. In Push mode it's your PC, in Pull it is the DAC. Push is the older method and therefore is more likely to be well supported by external devices.
Event would be the preferred mode, IF it worked correctly for you. Give it a go, but most likely the stuttering will be back (hope I'm wrong).
- Foobar skips at the end of every song
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Music Game IX 30 seconds ago
- › New release - the AKG K553 Pro - featuring a killer Massdrop deal 33 seconds ago
- › AIAIAI TMA-1 Studio Headphones 1 minute ago
- › 6SN7 Tube Addicts 2 minutes ago
- › Music City Meet Vol. 3 -- Nashville, TN -- Spring 2015 (April 18,... 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X5 Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 9 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Layla Impressions Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by vaziyetu
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by xsk3l3t0rx
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by ahnvx
- › Geek Out 450 USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Beyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphone by motion2082
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by viperxp
- › Audio-Technica AIR Dynamic Headphones ATH-AD900X by kite7
- › Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X Audiophile Open-Air Headphones by TheJniac
- › AKG K 550 by ahnvx
- › SKULLCANDY SLYR Circumaural Headset by ChromiumCola
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2