I have my USB DAC connected to my Win7 HTPC running foobar in DS mode. Every song skips at the end. It's a weird thing. When the track is about to finish (about 5 left) its skips and goes back a few seconds and does it again. It's almost like a broken record for any of you who remember those days. I've tried playing with the buffer but no luck. Does anybody have an idea of what's going on?
- categoryComputer Audiotagged by System, 12/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- How can I listen to High Res above 96hz Last post on 8/22/13 at 12:25pm in Computer Audio
- Cannot install foobar Last post on 4/1/13 at 2:59pm in Computer Audio
- MQn minimalist Wasapi WAV C++ memory player integrated with foobar2000 Last post on 9/24/13 at 8:02pm in Computer Audio
- Need help removing mic hiss Last post on 3/30/13 at 9:44am in Computer Audio
- iTunes 11 columns? Last post on 1/6/13 at 1:27pm in Computer Audio
Videos only at the moment. I'll do a write-up later. Apologies if you were hoping for something to read. Unboxing and design details: More details about the cables, sound and possible...
Introduction – Read Heath Audio (or RHA for short) are soon to release their latest and greatest earphone, the T10i. Much like the rest of RHA’s products, the T10i’s were designed to offer premium...
I've owned an EarMax and Sennheiser HD 580's for 20 years, so I'm already familiar with tubed OTL headphone amps. The linestage of my old Quicksilver started developing some noise, and I didn't...
I bought these from Amazon about 2 weeks ago, and felt buyer's remorse when I wasn't blown away by the sound. They aren't bad, but they do lack bass and the feel is cheap. They were somewhat...
I would like to thank Brainwavz for the review sample of R3! Brainwavz R3 is a dual dynamic drivers IEM. It has 2 dynamic drivers in each housing, facing each other into a sound blending...
Foobar skips at the end of every song
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I don't see PUSH mode available. I put it in WASAPI USB DAC and still does the same. I also downloaded DPC Latency and it says it should be able to handle it without a problem.
Event and Push modes are only available on the WASAPI 3.0 component version. If you don't see those options, you're likely using version 2.1. Grab the latest version here: http://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_out_wasapi
You da man!!! Wawapi 3.0 on PUSH solved the problem. Like Blood, Sweat and Tears used to say: You've Made Me So Very Happy...LOL BTW what's the difference between PUSH and EVENT. I never tried EVENT since PUSH sounds great.
Edited by hermes_vb - 12/4/12 at 11:26am
Glad to see you got your issue fixed :)
Technically speaking, Event mode is a more compatible mode that works with a wider range of devices, especially external devices. Sound quality wise, it's debatable, but you shouldn't find any audible differences, given that they're both bitperfect output methods.
I suggested Push mode as it's likely that Windows uses the Event mode when you set Foobar to DS, and your symptoms were consistent with what could go wrong if your DAC does not fully support the Event mode.
The difference between Push and Event boils down to which side controls the transmission. In Push mode it's your PC, in Pull it is the DAC. Push is the older method and therefore is more likely to be well supported by external devices.
Event would be the preferred mode, IF it worked correctly for you. Give it a go, but most likely the stuttering will be back (hope I'm wrong).
- Foobar skips at the end of every song
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones 35 seconds ago
- › Fiio X1 (US) 1 minute ago
- › WESTONE W3's! First $175 takes them 2 minutes ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 2 minutes ago
- › Beat headphone + inbuilt MIC option? 3 minutes ago
- › Audio GD Phoenix 3 minutes ago
- › High-End Earbuds (Dasetn, Tingo, Blox, Yuin etc) and Earbud Gear... 4 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 4 minutes ago
- › Grado GR 10 Brand new 300.00 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Terja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by xonarboy87
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by castleofargh
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by manbear
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)