Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Somic Thread--50mm driver open air full size cans pop out of nowhere, sound amazing
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Somic Thread--50mm driver open air full size cans pop out of nowhere, sound amazing - Page 18

post #256 of 547
Quote:
Originally Posted by gibosi View Post

Another source for the 82MTs:

 

http://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?shipCountry=us&shipCompanies=&SearchText=efi82mt&exception=&CatId=0&manual=y&needQuery=y

 

But I have no experience with this AliExpress so I can't vouch for them....

 

I recently used Aliexpress to grab a HI2050. Shipping is alittle slow and many of the sellers don't ship out immediately. You buy the product and most will ship within 3-7 days. Overall I had a pretty good experience. Product came relatively quickly after it was shipped and the seller was in contact with me to make sure I recieved everything, seems pretty legit.

post #257 of 547
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoe69 View Post

 

I recently used Aliexpress to grab a HI2050. Shipping is alittle slow and many of the sellers don't ship out immediately. You buy the product and most will ship within 3-7 days. Overall I had a pretty good experience. Product came relatively quickly after it was shipped and the seller was in contact with me to make sure I recieved everything, seems pretty legit.

LOL @ God Living Nicole's store.

"$5.00 off per $1000.00"

That's super helpful.

post #258 of 547

Ya you have to be careful where u buy from, it's like a large listing of chinese wholesalers on the site all trying to get you to buy in bulk from them. If you take the time and find a good seller though you should have no problems. Atleast I didn't....

post #259 of 547

After months of lurking, I figured I'd register just to add myself to the list of people who should be expecting these in the next month.

post #260 of 547
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyTalk View Post

After months of lurking, I figured I'd register just to add myself to the list of people who should be expecting these in the next month.

Welcome! What Somics did you get?

post #261 of 547

Can anyone with the Somics and the HA-S500, compare them and post here?  Can't seem to find anyone to do the comparison!

post #262 of 547
Quote:
Originally Posted by cute View Post

Can anyone with the Somics and the HA-S500, compare them and post here?  Can't seem to find anyone to do the comparison!

Woah, man. Woah! 

I'm working on it. xD

 

 


 

 

Proof that I'm working on it. (Click to show)

 

 

 

Give me about 3 hours or so. I really like to be thoro...thuro...good with my notes when doing comparisons to make sure that they're accurate.

post #263 of 547
Quote:
Originally Posted by CashNotCredit View Post

Woah, man. Woah! 

I'm working on it. xD

 

 


 

 

Proof that I'm working on it. (Click to show)

 

 

 

Give me about 3 hours or so. I really like to be thoro...thuro...good with my notes when doing comparisons to make sure that they're accurate.

Well where is it?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!? Huh? HUH?!?!?! k701smile.gif


Edited by Transformatron - 1/24/13 at 8:55pm
post #264 of 547
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transformatron View Post

Well where is it?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!? Huh? HUH?!?!?! k701smile.gif

It's on the EFi thread. I can do it again with the MH463 on here, though! (It'll be next Wednesday, though. I'm swamped until then. :( )

post #265 of 547

These looks pretty interesting.

 

Amazingly the MH463 can be had for USD 50 locally her in Norway were pretty much everything else is at least double the price compared to the U.S.

 

Do I need another "budget king" headphone? NO!

 

Can I resist? Probably notbeyersmile.png

 

I'm going to Germany this weekend, if I don't find anything unresistable to pick up there I will probably buy the MH463 when I get back home.

post #266 of 547
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter123 View Post

These looks pretty interesting.

 

Amazingly the MH463 can be had for USD 50 locally her in Norway were pretty much everything else is at least double the price compared to the U.S.

 

Do I need another "budget king" headphone? NO!

 

Can I resist? Probably notbeyersmile.png

 

I'm going to Germany this weekend, if I don't find anything unresistable to pick up there I will probably buy the MH463 when I get back home.

 

Does the store ship or anything? I live in Denmark

post #267 of 547
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsh View Post

 

Does the store ship or anything? I live in Denmark

They're being sold at deal.no but I highly doubt that they ship to Denmark (because of Norway being outside the EU).

 

There are more sellers in Sweden (check prisjakt.nu). Slightly more expensive but I would guess there's a better chance for shipping to Denmark.

post #268 of 547
Quote:
Originally Posted by CashNotCredit View Post

Welcome! What Somics did you get?

 

 

I snagged the 82MTs. I can't pass up a $37 decent sounding pair of cans. Now to find some pads..

post #269 of 547

Ok, so i have had these MH463s with the turtle beach pads for a long minute and have some issues with their sonic presentation. The highs are pretty dull and lifeless as well as too much mid bass/ sub bass hump which interferes a lot with the rest of the sonic spectrum. The soundstage is large but not as large as i had hoped it to be from fully open back can but the instrument separation is really good on these. Not completely satisfied with what i was hearing i attempted to mod them in order to resolve all the problems stated above. **WARNING** Pics galore after the break!!!

 

HEADBAND MOD:

1st thing i noticed when i got the MH463s was that these cheapo Somics are pretty well built, great weight to them and they felt solid in your hands/ on your head. As a matter of fact toooo solid, this thing is pretty heavy when worn which causes some discomfort after some time.

.... i noticed that the headband area near the wing-plates could be pulled loose, so i took a peep under it and saw hard piece of rubber/ plastic inside. I unscrewed one side of the wing-plate on the headband and proceeded to pull the piece of rubber out. As you can see in the pic above the rubber piece seemingly is used to retain the shape/ hold the headband together. But to my surprise the headband did not fall apart after the rubber piece was pulled out. The weight of this rubber piece is pretty significant so no wonder these somics felt so heavy on the head. It feels a lot lighter after it is removed.

 

..... how the rubber headband piece looks like. My advice is to use some electrical tape/ masking tape, etc to wrap/ tape around the intersecting joints of the headband after you pull the rubber piece out. Would be best to just do one side 1st then go onto the other since you can lift/ pull the headband pleather back in order to get a better view/ handle. I didn't so it and the slider part of headband fell apart which took me some time to put back together. Not really that intricate but there is a small metal ball and a piece of tiny metal which contributes to the smooth sliding/ adjustment of the headband. If you lose those it's GG for you. LoL 

 

........I still have not taped the internal joints of the headband but its still in one piece and is holding together, it was a post thought after the headband mod and i am too lazy to go back and do it now esp. after i stuffed the thing. After the rubber piece is out, the upper area of the headband is really deflated, so i proceeded to stuff it with some cotton. It would make it easier if you take off both wing-plates so you can stuff it more evenly from both sides. This is why it is pretty important to tape the intersecting joints of the headband under the pleather just in case you need to man handle it while stuffing and the headband will not fall apart on you.  I stuffed it real good and lost count of how any cotton balls i used.

 

...... this is how the headband looks like after the cotton stuffing. These MH463s are a lot more comfy due to the reduced weight of the headband.

 

......have no idea why they used that heavy piece of rubber for the headband but i am glad it's gone, so even though it doesn't look as spiffy as it was originally they still look really professional.

 

to be continued.......................Next up!!! Sonic Mod.

post #270 of 547
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post

Ok, so i have had these MH463s with the turtle beach pads for a long minute and have some issues with their sonic presentation. The highs are pretty dull and lifeless as well as too much mid bass/ sub bass hump which interferes a lot with the rest of the sonic spectrum. The soundstage is large but not as large as i had hoped it to be from fully open back can but the instrument separation is really good on these. Not completely satisfied with what i was hearing i attempted to mod them in order to resolve all the problems stated above. **WARNING** Pics galore after the break!!!

 

Looks good to me. Nice mod and nice work!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Somic Thread--50mm driver open air full size cans pop out of nowhere, sound amazing