Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › 50mm driver open air full size cans pop out of nowhere, sound amazing
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

50mm driver open air full size cans pop out of nowhere, sound amazing - Page 6

post #76 of 539
Same. Ours are probably on the same pallet. smily_headphones1.gif
post #77 of 539

how ironic.. mine also just shipped today. HMMMM

post #78 of 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBEG View Post

Same. Ours are probably on the same pallet. smily_headphones1.gif

 

I wish mine were on that same pallet triportsad.gif

 

I guess I have to order them first though, huh?

post #79 of 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlsan View Post

Order a pair, for about $40 with shipment and fees. Will try to update with my observations after I get them.

 

http://www.taobao-buying-agent.com/china-wholesale-13444102567.html


Mine just jumped up to about $75 or so. Mailing charges were a lot higher than the original quote. Have to pay the extra before they ship, obviously.

post #80 of 539

I'd actually like to bump the post to make others aware of these open designed headphones being made by Somic.

After it all.. it is Christmas ;)

post #81 of 539

Looking forward to all your impressions.

Hopefully none of them are due to new toy syndrome.

post #82 of 539
Has anyone gotten other hands on the Sonic Efi82MT? The 50mm drivers, 64 Ohm impedance, and three meter extra cable indicate that this is NOT designed for portable use, despite looking "hip". I'm thinking of ordering some out of curiosity, but if anyone has had the opportunity to demo them, their feedback would be appreciated.
post #83 of 539
New email says 7-14 days. smily_headphones1.gif
post #84 of 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBEG View Post

New email says 7-14 days. smily_headphones1.gif

heh mine is also that time too. i was very impressed that they say that due to the holiday season



@CashNotCredit
None of us linked that so i think it could be something worth looking into.

post #85 of 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by CashNotCredit View Post

Has anyone gotten other hands on the Sonic Efi82MT? The 50mm drivers, 64 Ohm impedance, and three meter extra cable indicate that this is NOT designed for portable use, despite looking "hip". I'm thinking of ordering some out of curiosity, but if anyone has had the opportunity to demo them, their feedback would be appreciated.

 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Somic-Head-band-Music-Headphone-Earphone-Headphone-EFi82MT-Black-Red-New-Stock-/140775899925

 

$37 shipped to the US is tempting, but I promised myself the Somics I have on order will be the last inexpensive headphones I buy until I've got the HD600 and HE-400 and get a decent desktop DAC/amp. Near as I can tell the EFi82MT is a noise canceling model, so it's closed. I'm interested and really want to compare it to the Uptowns that I have (also closed), but I want the Senny and Hifiman more.

post #86 of 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBEG View Post

$37 shipped to the US is tempting, but I promised myself the Somics I have on order will be the last inexpensive headphones I buy until

 

Good luck with that lol!

 

 

Quote:
I'm interested and really want to compare it to the Uptowns that I have (also closed), but I want the Senny and Hifiman more.

 

I'll be watching for your impressions. I have the jvc S500's and love them, and just got the Uptowns on a whim try out (found them for $50). I actually expected to think that I would quickly return them, but I have been enjoying their different sound signature. Anyway, what I am really  interested in is an open 50mm can like the Somics. So, I can't wait until you get yours and you post your impressions!

post #87 of 539

Got my MH463 in today, surprisingly fast considering they were shipped a week after something I bought from Singapore. They're actually built better than HPT990 imo; the silver lining the outside of the cups feels like aluminum, pads are very similar to SRH840 pads, very soft and comfy. Gonna hold off on commenting on the sound too much until I have some time with them but they're pretty enjoyable so far happy_face1.gif

post #88 of 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidcharlemagne View Post

Got my MH463 in today, surprisingly fast considering they were shipped a week after something I bought from Singapore. They're actually built better than HPT990 imo; the silver lining the outside of the cups feels like aluminum, pads are very similar to SRH840 pads, very soft and comfy. Gonna hold off on commenting on the sound too much until I have some time with them but they're pretty enjoyable so far happy_face1.gif

 

Finally! Lucky you :)

post #89 of 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidcharlemagne View Post

Got my MH463 in today, surprisingly fast considering they were shipped a week after something I bought from Singapore. They're actually built better than HPT990 imo; the silver lining the outside of the cups feels like aluminum, pads are very similar to SRH840 pads, very soft and comfy. Gonna hold off on commenting on the sound too much until I have some time with them but they're pretty enjoyable so far happy_face1.gif

aw im jealous. Im supposed to be expecting mine this week (or so they said in the shipping information) Can't wait to hear your own opinions to these :D

post #90 of 539
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidcharlemagne View Post

Got my MH463 in today, surprisingly fast considering they were shipped a week after something I bought from Singapore. They're actually built better than HPT990 imo; the silver lining the outside of the cups feels like aluminum, pads are very similar to SRH840 pads, very soft and comfy. Gonna hold off on commenting on the sound too much until I have some time with them but they're pretty enjoyable so far happy_face1.gif

 

Ooh finally someone gets them.  Looking forward to your impressions with trepidition, like a student waiting to receive his grades, coz these are the most expensive "budget" phones I've ever stuck out my neck recommending and I can understand if people would be more picky about them! blink.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › 50mm driver open air full size cans pop out of nowhere, sound amazing