Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro, Sennheiser HD25-1 II, or Ultrasone PRO 750 - College Student
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro, Sennheiser HD25-1 II, or Ultrasone PRO 750 - College Student

post #1 of 8
Thread Starter 

Hi guys,

 

I have been lurking this forum for the past few days in order to gain some insight into headphones. I received the Beats Studio for my birthday, but I recognize that for the price I could do much better. Thus, I've been looking into a different pair over this holiday break, especially looking for a good deal. The three I've found that seem interesting and well priced are the Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro, Sennheiser HD25-1 II, or the Ultrasone PRO 750. I listen to a lot of electronica, EDM type stuff, but not all dubstep or anything.. think Avicii, 3LAU, Kap Slap, Madeon type of stuff, in addition to rap/hip-hop. Since I am going to return the Beats for a refund, anything around that price range is fairly doable. Furthermore, I don't know much about amps or whatnot, but I am wondering if of the three, which would benefit most from an amp, and is it worth it for some sort of Eiio; or, are these three fine as is?

 

Sorry this is kind of rambly now. Anyway, out of those three headphones (or another similarly priced set), what would you suggest is the best for my kind of music and should I get an amp as well?

 

Thank you for your help.. I really appreciate it (plus, you'll be taking a pair of Beats off the street.. after reading some threads here, I feel like that is a forum objective!)

post #2 of 8

The Pro 750 is excellent for your EDM kind of music. They also don't really need an amp.

post #3 of 8
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectDenz View Post

The Pro 750 is excellent for your EDM kind of music. They also don't really need an amp.

That's what I had read, but then I also read about the S-logic thing, and thought that may be a strike against more bassy music.

 

Also, do you happen to know if there is a difference between http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003USCCFA/ref=s9_simh_gw_p23_d0_i7?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-3&pf_rd_r=0GZNDKFSE6J1YAWTSYVV&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938811&pf_rd_i=507846 and http://www.amazon.com/Ultrasone-PRO-750-Professional-Headphones/dp/B000Y556M8/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1353730951&sr=1-1&keywords=ultrasone+pro+750 ? I am fairly confident they are the same, I just wanted to make sure!

post #4 of 8
I really considered the pro 750, but honestly was somewhat disappointed in the lack of reviews and feedback on those. Most of what I have read has been really good, but I think I have decided on the AKG K167.
post #5 of 8
Pro 750 is designed for the type of music you are listening to, I say go for it!

I have yet to listen to a headphone which can play back hip-hop/dance/house/dubstep/etc... as good as my Ultrasone's did. They are awesome for these and I highly recommend the 750 for you.
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by sintax92 View Post

That's what I had read, but then I also read about the S-logic thing, and thought that may be a strike against more bassy music.

 

Also, do you happen to know if there is a difference between http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003USCCFA/ref=s9_simh_gw_p23_d0_i7?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-3&pf_rd_r=0GZNDKFSE6J1YAWTSYVV&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938811&pf_rd_i=507846 and http://www.amazon.com/Ultrasone-PRO-750-Professional-Headphones/dp/B000Y556M8/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1353730951&sr=1-1&keywords=ultrasone+pro+750 ? I am fairly confident they are the same, I just wanted to make sure!

 

The S-Logic thing is a bit gimmicky in my opinion, I don't think it really does anything.

 

They are the same headphone, except the greyish-blue/white earpad Pro 750 is the older version and had an inferior headband that was prone to cracking. The newer one has these cracking issues fixed.

post #7 of 8

Have you decided yet OP? If not I'd be happy to compare them for you. I own all 3.

post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by hudamanium View Post

Have you decided yet OP? If not I'd be happy to compare them for you. I own all 3.

I would love to hear your impressions on the Custom One Pro.

 

I'm trying to decide between the COP, V-Moda M-100, and Sennheiser Momentum. But I find that reviews on COP are scarce. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro, Sennheiser HD25-1 II, or Ultrasone PRO 750 - College Student