I just got a pair of V-Moda LP2's and I was looking to get my first portable amp. I listen to Trance, House, Techno and occasionally Rap. I was looking for an amp under $125. I want the amp to make the music have better quality not to make it louder.I will be using with an IPod Nano 4th Gen. I was also wondering whether any other equipment will be needed other than the headphones and the amp. Thanks so much.
- productFiiO L9 L-Shaped Line Out Dock (LOD) Cable For iPod and iPhonetagged by System, 12/1/12
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 12/1/12
- productV-MODA LP2tagged by System, 12/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- Help!! Portable Amp to Use with Lenevo T530 and V Moda Lp2 Last post on 11/30/12 at 12:58pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Would like some advice on choosing a portable amp. + DAC [single unit] Last post on 6/14/13 at 8:51am in Portable Headphone Amps
- BEST PORTABLE HEADPHONE AMP Last post on 11/23/12 at 3:05pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) Last post on Today at 2:11 pm in Portable Source Gear
- Will an amp work with an ipod with a dead jack? Last post on 10/7/12 at 5:28am in Portable Headphone Amps
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
(Note - XL ear pads are installed. The sound will be judged based on that.) Introduction: I purchased these headphones mainly out of curiosity. I was reading reviews and watching youtubers...
Accessories: Includes a pouch and cable. Pouch is well-built, compact, and stylish. Soft, flexible cable has never tangled for me in my time with it. Right angled jack is durable and well-relieved....
First off, I would like to thank Noisehush for sending me the NX85's! I'll get into the review now. Packaging: The NX85 come in a sturdy black card board box. It is all black, except the...
The LH Labs Geek Out had a lot to live up to. A good 7+ months ago, the Geek Out started as a concept. This concept was to bring a high quality audio experience into a small and affordable device....
If you like electric music or hip hop rap,this is it,but if you want a more balanced sound you better go for the sennheiser momentum or ue6000.
Portable Amp Recommendations
Gear mentioned in this thread:
That is not the purpose of an amplifier. It's there to "AMPlify" the signal and make it louder.
In your case here the 4th Gen Nano is a good source but it also depends on what kind of files you have it loaded with, 128K MP3's will sound bad no matter what amp, DAC, or source they are played through. Higher bit rate files 320K MP3's, 256K AAC's, ALAC etc... will give you the best sound from that Nano.
Here is a great place to start looking at amps if this is what you still want.
Edited by TrollDragon - 11/23/12 at 10:21am
You will also need a LOD (Line Out Device) cable to connect the Nano to the Amp. The FiiO L9 is a good little LOD to start with, this will give you better sound than headphone out to line in will. The LOD also provides a set volume level, so all you have to do is adjust your desired listening level only from the Amp itself.
Then you'll need a way to keep the Nano and Amp together, Silicon Bands, Sticky Velcro and O-Rings are some of the methods used around here.
Thinking of buying a pair of Beyer dt770/80ohm pros. I'll almost 100% of the time be listening through my iPhone 4s. Do I go for the fiio e11 or c&c bh? Both seem to have a following on here! Thanks for any help Jess
But for the E11 vs BH question, go BH.
Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2
I think the JDS labs c5 is a bit out of my price range Sad Jess.
Everyone here seems to buy from pollychen on ebay... his is 65 with free shipping.
Don't forget to post your experience with the amp in the C&C BH Thread if you pick it up!
- Portable Amp Recommendations
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › newbie 18 seconds ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 6 minutes ago
- › Can the HiFiMAN HE-Adapter be used on e.g. HE.500 headphones? 6 minutes ago
- › Best Headphones (NOT EARBUDS) For Biking With a Helmet 6 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-500 8 minutes ago
- › THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD 9 minutes ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced 10 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 11 minutes ago
- › Missing Warren Zevon 12 minutes ago
- › What are some great tracks to test out headphone clarity,... 12 minutes ago
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by zach8278
- › Ultimate Ears UE4000 Headphones by gopats1479
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › Monster Inspiration by betterthan1122
- › Meridian Explorer by zolkis
- › Beyerdynamic T51P Tesla Headphone - Silver by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by zach8278
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by White Lotus
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by 2001Audiophile
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude