I just got a pair of V-Moda LP2's and I was looking to get my first portable amp. I listen to Trance, House, Techno and occasionally Rap. I was looking for an amp under $125. I want the amp to make the music have better quality not to make it louder.I will be using with an IPod Nano 4th Gen. I was also wondering whether any other equipment will be needed other than the headphones and the amp. Thanks so much.
- productFiiO L9 L-Shaped Line Out Dock (LOD) Cable For iPod and iPhonetagged by System, 12/1/12
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 12/1/12
- productV-MODA LP2tagged by System, 12/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- Help!! Portable Amp to Use with Lenevo T530 and V Moda Lp2 Last post on 11/30/12 at 12:58pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Would like some advice on choosing a portable amp. + DAC [single unit] Last post on 6/14/13 at 8:51am in Portable Headphone Amps
- BEST PORTABLE HEADPHONE AMP Last post on 11/23/12 at 3:05pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) Last post on Today at 4:38 pm in Portable Source Gear
- Will an amp work with an ipod with a dead jack? Last post on 10/7/12 at 5:28am in Portable Headphone Amps
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
I will first start by declaring that I'm no audiophile, and that this is just a review coming from an average consumer. I know a lot of you will facepalm by my review, but I will post it...
The CAL! 2 is a big improvement over the first version. Creative brands this as a "premium headphone" on the box, but is it? First thing I noticed was the soundstage. It's MUCH better than...
As nicely explained by Victor in his review of the same CIEM, this is the previous flagship model from FitEar. In fact, unless you are married to the emphasised bass of the MH335DW, this would...
First of all, I am not a audiofile with several pairs of $1,000 headphones. I am more of a casual listener but I do like good sound. This is also my first review on head-fi so give me some feedback...
I love these headphones! So comfortable you will forget you're wearing them. My cousin once commented "This is the best bass I've ever heard in a headphone!" While I know there are headphones out...
Portable Amp Recommendations
Gear mentioned in this thread:
That is not the purpose of an amplifier. It's there to "AMPlify" the signal and make it louder.
In your case here the 4th Gen Nano is a good source but it also depends on what kind of files you have it loaded with, 128K MP3's will sound bad no matter what amp, DAC, or source they are played through. Higher bit rate files 320K MP3's, 256K AAC's, ALAC etc... will give you the best sound from that Nano.
Here is a great place to start looking at amps if this is what you still want.
Edited by TrollDragon - 11/23/12 at 10:21am
You will also need a LOD (Line Out Device) cable to connect the Nano to the Amp. The FiiO L9 is a good little LOD to start with, this will give you better sound than headphone out to line in will. The LOD also provides a set volume level, so all you have to do is adjust your desired listening level only from the Amp itself.
Then you'll need a way to keep the Nano and Amp together, Silicon Bands, Sticky Velcro and O-Rings are some of the methods used around here.
Thinking of buying a pair of Beyer dt770/80ohm pros. I'll almost 100% of the time be listening through my iPhone 4s. Do I go for the fiio e11 or c&c bh? Both seem to have a following on here! Thanks for any help Jess
But for the E11 vs BH question, go BH.
Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2
I think the JDS labs c5 is a bit out of my price range Sad Jess.
Everyone here seems to buy from pollychen on ebay... his is 65 with free shipping.
Don't forget to post your experience with the amp in the C&C BH Thread if you pick it up!
- Portable Amp Recommendations
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 24 seconds ago
- › XBA-3/ XBA-30..The Appreciation thread. 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Portable Amp for Shure Se535 1 minute ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 3 minutes ago
- › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 3 minutes ago
- › Who has an end game setup? 4 minutes ago
- › Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM 4 minutes ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 5 minutes ago
- › Looking for over-ear headphones around 150, being comfy is top... 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum by commodent
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by Quaresma
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Kiats
- › Monster iSport LIVESTRONG® In-Ear Headphones by Bassbanger101
- › Sennheiser HD 560 Ovation by Beeferer
- › Philips S2BK/28 Fidelio In-Ear Headsets by Antilochos
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by jshaffe
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi