I just got a pair of V-Moda LP2's and I was looking to get my first portable amp. I listen to Trance, House, Techno and occasionally Rap. I was looking for an amp under $125. I want the amp to make the music have better quality not to make it louder.I will be using with an IPod Nano 4th Gen. I was also wondering whether any other equipment will be needed other than the headphones and the amp. Thanks so much.
- productFiiO L9 L-Shaped Line Out Dock (LOD) Cable For iPod and iPhonetagged by System, 12/1/12
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 12/1/12
- productV-MODA LP2tagged by System, 12/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- Help!! Portable Amp to Use with Lenevo T530 and V Moda Lp2 Last post on 11/30/12 at 12:58pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Would like some advice on choosing a portable amp. + DAC [single unit] Last post on 6/14/13 at 8:51am in Portable Headphone Amps
- BEST PORTABLE HEADPHONE AMP Last post on 11/23/12 at 3:05pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) Last post on Today at 5:22 pm in Portable Source Gear
- Will an amp work with an ipod with a dead jack? Last post on 10/7/12 at 5:28am in Portable Headphone Amps
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
The Sennheiser HD280 that I'm reviewing do not belong to me, they're presumably a couple years old (I didn't ask) and in good condition aside from a couple scratches on the earcups. I was curious...
Disclaimer The FR is a review sample sent from Noble Audio. The reviewer was compensated in the form of a ridiculously cool and form-fitting Noble Audio shirt. Introduction Despite humans...
My Review of the Beyerdaynamic dx 160ie In Ear Monitors I will start with the summary / conclusion. This way you get all the important information right away. If you want to know how I came to...
These earbuds were my first "serious" earbuds and they dissapointed me pretty soon. Everything was perfect until one morning I went out plugged them in and found that the cable was disconnected...
This is my first review, but I will try to make it fast and straight to the point. I just received the HD580s from ebay, and before I bought them I did some research and found out these have...
Portable Amp Recommendations
Gear mentioned in this thread:
That is not the purpose of an amplifier. It's there to "AMPlify" the signal and make it louder.
In your case here the 4th Gen Nano is a good source but it also depends on what kind of files you have it loaded with, 128K MP3's will sound bad no matter what amp, DAC, or source they are played through. Higher bit rate files 320K MP3's, 256K AAC's, ALAC etc... will give you the best sound from that Nano.
Here is a great place to start looking at amps if this is what you still want.
Edited by TrollDragon - 11/23/12 at 10:21am
You will also need a LOD (Line Out Device) cable to connect the Nano to the Amp. The FiiO L9 is a good little LOD to start with, this will give you better sound than headphone out to line in will. The LOD also provides a set volume level, so all you have to do is adjust your desired listening level only from the Amp itself.
Then you'll need a way to keep the Nano and Amp together, Silicon Bands, Sticky Velcro and O-Rings are some of the methods used around here.
Thinking of buying a pair of Beyer dt770/80ohm pros. I'll almost 100% of the time be listening through my iPhone 4s. Do I go for the fiio e11 or c&c bh? Both seem to have a following on here! Thanks for any help Jess
But for the E11 vs BH question, go BH.
Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2
I think the JDS labs c5 is a bit out of my price range Sad Jess.
Everyone here seems to buy from pollychen on ebay... his is 65 with free shipping.
Don't forget to post your experience with the amp in the C&C BH Thread if you pick it up!
- Portable Amp Recommendations
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 7 seconds ago
- › Headphone Stands 17 seconds ago
- › 6SN7 Tube Addicts 22 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD518 HD558 HD598 Appreciation Thread 33 seconds ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 3/29/2014:... 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X5 preview world tour--call for gift ideas for our awesome... 2 minutes ago
- › Review + Appreciation thread: Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI... 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Vision Ears and Rhines Custom Monitors (formerly Compact Monitors) 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by LaPierre
- › Noble Audio FR by HideousPride
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by AManAnd88Keys
- › JBL J33 Premium In-Ear Headphones - Black by QyababAM
- › Sennheiser HD 580 by achelgeson
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by Flizz
- › Forza Audioworks Copper Series Cable by awry
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by unshavenbastard
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by djvkool
- › Astrotec AX-30 by bowei006
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob