Really bummed that the Moon Audio deal doesn't apply to HiFiMan products. That would have been a great deal.
Related Forum Threads
- The Deals Thread II. (READ THE FIRST POST!) Last post on Today at 6:08 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Buying portable or in-ear headphones? Seeking guidance? DON'T START A NEW THREAD. Ask for... Last post on 6/4/13 at 11:34pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - READ THE FIRST POST! Last post on Today at 2:34 pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Xonar DG Settings with AD700's for positional sound. Last post on 6/17/13 at 9:08am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio Technica ATH-AD 700. NIB Last post on 6/14/13 at 10:25am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Upon initial listening with these buds, I was rather unimpressed as I heard the rather familiar bloated mid-bass, sharp highs, and lack of mids that SKDY's old line carried. Then I realized that...
The VSD1 is the latest in a rather long line of budget in ear monitors including the VC02, GR99, GR02 and others that promises high quality sound for around $50 or so. While I haven’t had...
I tried a few Grado's —didn't like the Grado house sound—, a few Senn's —HD650 left a good impression—, a few lower-end AT's —I thought the AD700 were impressive for the price— and after reading...
In my recent quest for a new set of cans, I took a slight detour into the land of flashy prosumer headphones, in the form of the HK CL. The only reason I tried a pair was the price: half off,...
The Creative Aurvana Live! solved a major problem for me—how to listen to good audio while walking the dog at night. I live near a commercial and bar district in Center City, Philadelphia and I'm...
Black Friday / Cyber Monday Deals from Head-Fi Sponsors! - Page 5
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I would like to know these answers too. I'm about to impulse buy these anyway though...is $75 a really good deal??
They look like a very good deal at $75, albeit not my cup of tea.
Yes it is a legitmate deal. I own the Crossfade LPs and also gave a pair of them for a gift about two months ago. I paid $160 for the Phantom Chrome color and $140 for the White Pearl color on Amazon (prices normally vary from about $100 to $180 based on color choice). So it is a significant discount.
As far as the headphones go, the style, durability, portability, and accessories are about as top notch as it goes and that's the only reason I don't regret buying the headphones. However, the sound qulaity is "V-shaped" with overpowering bass, so much as it can sound muffled and definitely drown out the mids and vocals. I typically only use these headphones for travel or sometimes for listening to techno or rap music for these reasons. They do sound decent when I use an equalizer and turn the bass down but that sometimes is a non-option and I almost always decide to listen to my other, more expensive and refined headphones unless I'm traveling. The person I gave them to as a gift absolutely loves them because she is a non-audiophile, who mainly listens to house music, who didn't own another set of a nice cans, and is impressed with how stylish they look.
Overall, I feel like they are similar to the Dr. Dre Beats (which I don't own but have listened to friends' sets many times) but with far superior build-quality and a much better price. Probably worth the $75 price tag just on style points alone but aren't going to please someone who really wants a good pair of headphones to listen to mid-range driven music.
yes, but the products are of much higher quality :)
- Black Friday / Cyber Monday Deals from Head-Fi Sponsors!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former... 33 seconds ago
- › Pink noise works wonders for burning-in! 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here! 3 minutes ago
- › BEST HEADPHONES FOR METAL/ROCK 4 minutes ago
- › King Sound Emperor: New Electrostatic Headphones! 7 minutes ago
- › Head-Direct / HIFIMAN Customer Service TEAM 7 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-XB400 vs Sennheiser HD 202 II 7 minutes ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 7 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 7 minutes ago
- › PS4 vs XBOX ONE (What would you buy and why? No fanboy like... 7 minutes ago
- › Skullcandy S2SYDA-008 Merge Earbud Headphones - Black/Chrome by KodaO
- › VSONIC VSD1 by TheGame21x
- › Audio Technica W5000 by the wizard of oz
- › Harmon Kardon Classic On-Ear Headphones by imagic
- › Creative Aurvana Live! Headphones by imagic
- › JBL J33 Premium In-Ear Headphones - Black by Aakash
- › Hisoundaudio Wooduo 2 by iern
- › Apple iPod classic 160 GB Silver (7th Generation) NEWEST MODEL by jensy
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by dietcoke2am
- › Creative Sound Blaster Tactic 3D Sigma USB Gaming Headset by imagic
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe