Hi all. I'm in the market for a new set of headphones and am dithering between the 650 and 600. I've been mixing music on my Yamaha M06 using a set of AKG k141 and when I play the songs back through my keyboard amps, the bass nearly lifts the roof, even though it all sounds nice and well balanced through the cans. I have no idea how much more bass to expect from a set of hd600 compared to my AKg's or how much more bass to expect from the 650's compared to the 600's. I just want to hear all the bass that's there so I'm not overcompensating with the eq and nearly blowing my cones like I did yesterday.
Related Forum Threads
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 2/19/15 at 11:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- HD650s are so cheap? Last post on 2/10/15 at 4:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Does anyone own both the Senn HD600 and HD650? Last post on 2/12/15 at 12:59pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Ultimate HD650/600 headband string/cord stretching method - safe and easy Last post on 2/3/15 at 12:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD600 and HD650 discontinued? Last post on 2/6/15 at 2:40am in Headphones (full-size)
How much "bassier" are hd650s compared to hd600s?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I always recommend the HD600 for studio use. Everything you need to know is there with a lot of detail yet very neutral sounding. I love my HD650's for listening to music but I would not use them for recording or mixing since the mid bass hump boosts low end quite a bit. I used to own and use K141's in the studio and I think you will find the HD600's have more bass as well as lower frequency capabilities. The K141 do not extending deep enough into the sub-bass range so you are missing those ultra low frequencies when recording or sequencing.
Thanks very much Arthur. Exactly what I wanted to know. I just purchased a set of 600's on ebay after reading your reply. (xmas present from the wife)
Thanks also to all the intelligent people who contributed to these two threads;
Saved me some money which could be put to better use buying an audio interface.
- How much "bassier" are hd650s compared to hd600s?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Portable Amp/DAC 1 minute ago
- › Feliks-Audio...6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype 1 minute ago
- › JDS Labs Element 1 minute ago
- › Finding a DAC for the Cavalli Liquid Carbon. Only Four Months to Go. 2 minutes ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid... 3 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 5 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 5 minutes ago
- › Vorzüge VorzAMP PURE II - review and impressions 6 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 7 minutes ago
- › VE Zen by boneofimba
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by xkonfuzed
- › TCG Audio TRD3+ Desktop HeadAmp & 32/384DAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 in-ear headphones by FYLegend
- › Woo Audio WA5 LE by Nosbig
- › RHA T20 by nmatheis
- › Microsoft Lumia 435 UNLOCKED Windows Phone 8 WP8 2G GSM... by mark2410
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Pokemonn
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by Cotnijoe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by ActiveTechREV
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)