Hi all. I'm in the market for a new set of headphones and am dithering between the 650 and 600. I've been mixing music on my Yamaha M06 using a set of AKG k141 and when I play the songs back through my keyboard amps, the bass nearly lifts the roof, even though it all sounds nice and well balanced through the cans. I have no idea how much more bass to expect from a set of hd600 compared to my AKg's or how much more bass to expect from the 650's compared to the 600's. I just want to hear all the bass that's there so I'm not overcompensating with the eq and nearly blowing my cones like I did yesterday.
Related Forum Threads
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 2/19/15 at 11:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- HD650s are so cheap? Last post on 2/10/15 at 4:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Does anyone own both the Senn HD600 and HD650? Last post on 2/12/15 at 12:59pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Ultimate HD650/600 headband string/cord stretching method - safe and easy Last post on 2/3/15 at 12:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD600 and HD650 discontinued? Last post on 2/6/15 at 2:40am in Headphones (full-size)
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Audio-Technica US for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. I can’t imagine a better way to wrap up a series of...
First off, I want to thank Faheem and Singnature Acoustics for this O-16 Live unit and apologize for the humongous delay (it’s been very long) of this review. Packaging and...
These were actually my first pair of mixing headphones. I can definitely say they worked for me at the time, but this is also the time I did not acknowledge the importance of EQ & compression. I...
In my search for a good pair of earbuds, these where my next try. Better than the previous maxell I bought, but definitely the search must keep going. My ratings are; Bass 2/5,...
Grado SR80i Intro Thingy: I was wondering if I should even review the SR80i because Grado's e series cans came out not too long ago and I was thinking noone would heed my review 'cause the...
How much "bassier" are hd650s compared to hd600s?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I always recommend the HD600 for studio use. Everything you need to know is there with a lot of detail yet very neutral sounding. I love my HD650's for listening to music but I would not use them for recording or mixing since the mid bass hump boosts low end quite a bit. I used to own and use K141's in the studio and I think you will find the HD600's have more bass as well as lower frequency capabilities. The K141 do not extending deep enough into the sub-bass range so you are missing those ultra low frequencies when recording or sequencing.
Thanks very much Arthur. Exactly what I wanted to know. I just purchased a set of 600's on ebay after reading your reply. (xmas present from the wife)
Thanks also to all the intelligent people who contributed to these two threads;
Saved me some money which could be put to better use buying an audio interface.
- How much "bassier" are hd650s compared to hd600s?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › X3II next firmware bug / improvements wish list 10 seconds ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares 1 minute ago
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A17 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Cayin N6 DAP: Dual PCM1792, BTL Amplication Circuit, 24/192,... 2 minutes ago
- › 4ft Viablue splitter w/ 6.35mm Neutrik termination for HiFiMAN... 4 minutes ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 4 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 4 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by twister6
- › Signature Acoustics O16 Live by kova4a
- › Sennheiser HD 428 Headphones by rensin
- › JVC HAF14B - Gumy Earbud Headphones by LuigiSound
- › Grado SR80i Headphones by Pirakaphile
- › MEElectronics M-Duo by Luckbad
- › Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones by ilovesocks
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by Dickymint
- › Headphones EB-BL Jelleez Ear Buds Black by LuigiSound
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by 1Infinity
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2