Hi all. I'm in the market for a new set of headphones and am dithering between the 650 and 600. I've been mixing music on my Yamaha M06 using a set of AKG k141 and when I play the songs back through my keyboard amps, the bass nearly lifts the roof, even though it all sounds nice and well balanced through the cans. I have no idea how much more bass to expect from a set of hd600 compared to my AKg's or how much more bass to expect from the 650's compared to the 600's. I just want to hear all the bass that's there so I'm not overcompensating with the eq and nearly blowing my cones like I did yesterday.
Related Forum Threads
- HD650s and Fast Music. Last post on 9/2/14 at 4:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The Irish Still Make Headphones? Last post on 9/2/14 at 6:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- [Review] Have you ever danced with the Devil in the pale moonlight? Last post on 8/20/14 at 1:13am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headphone Collections Last post on 6/8/14 at 7:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need advice for gear upgrade Last post on 5/31/14 at 8:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
Note: Much of this comes from a review I wrote and posted elsewhere a month or so ago, but with some editing and organizational tweaks. I have wanted to do a full Alpha Dog review for a while,...
I have owned this headphone for 2 years and it never disappointed me. The sound quality is no need to discuss as its sound signature has been discussed multiple times in TH900 thread. This...
Excelllent headphones, coming after ss 9h headset, senn's 429 558 598 and i love these most, i differentiate details better in vocals now, i can say if vocalist is blowing into microphone while...
published on September 22, 2014 (click any photo in this review for a larger version) Intro I first heard about Garage1217's Project Polaris (just "Polaris" from here on out, for the...
Please disregard the sliders on the left hand side, as they are broken. Prefatory Notes: I purchased this product and am therefore not immune to the negative effects of buyer’s...
How much "bassier" are hd650s compared to hd600s?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I always recommend the HD600 for studio use. Everything you need to know is there with a lot of detail yet very neutral sounding. I love my HD650's for listening to music but I would not use them for recording or mixing since the mid bass hump boosts low end quite a bit. I used to own and use K141's in the studio and I think you will find the HD600's have more bass as well as lower frequency capabilities. The K141 do not extending deep enough into the sub-bass range so you are missing those ultra low frequencies when recording or sequencing.
Thanks very much Arthur. Exactly what I wanted to know. I just purchased a set of 600's on ebay after reading your reply. (xmas present from the wife)
Thanks also to all the intelligent people who contributed to these two threads;
Saved me some money which could be put to better use buying an audio interface.
- How much "bassier" are hd650s compared to hd600s?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 34 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 1 minute ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 2 minutes ago
- › DGS100 Appreciation thread. The game changing budget-fi two-way... 2 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › The NEW Headphone Lounge Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › I have a $300 budget for a new pair of headphones, can I get some... 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › AKG K 550 by Ufasas
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)