Hi all. I'm in the market for a new set of headphones and am dithering between the 650 and 600. I've been mixing music on my Yamaha M06 using a set of AKG k141 and when I play the songs back through my keyboard amps, the bass nearly lifts the roof, even though it all sounds nice and well balanced through the cans. I have no idea how much more bass to expect from a set of hd600 compared to my AKg's or how much more bass to expect from the 650's compared to the 600's. I just want to hear all the bass that's there so I'm not overcompensating with the eq and nearly blowing my cones like I did yesterday.
Related Forum Threads
- HD650s and Fast Music. Last post on 9/2/14 at 4:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The Irish Still Make Headphones? Last post on 9/2/14 at 6:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- [Review] Have you ever danced with the Devil in the pale moonlight? Last post on 8/20/14 at 1:13am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headphone Collections Last post on 6/8/14 at 7:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need advice for gear upgrade Last post on 5/31/14 at 8:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
This is a review of Bowers & Wilkins B&W C5 Series 2 (new 2014 version) in-ear premium headphones with in-line remote....
Introduction – So a few weeks into my search and discovery of budget-based earphones has led me here - to the Xiaomi Piston 2.1. The Pistons are the result of the popular Chinese smartphone...
There aren't many sub-$10 IEMs in the market. With all the recent budget IEMs being priced at around $50, it leaves very little choice for people who are looking for a very cheap IEM. As far as I...
Since I was among the early adopters of this updated 2.0 version of R3, I already posted a detailed review with pictures in the original R3 review thread. Therefore, I'm just going to provide a...
Im probably like you right now, I was once reading reviews a bunch of comments, watching a bunch of videos of what to purchase... and everyone kept suggesting the ATH-M50x, so in a frantic search...
How much "bassier" are hd650s compared to hd600s?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I always recommend the HD600 for studio use. Everything you need to know is there with a lot of detail yet very neutral sounding. I love my HD650's for listening to music but I would not use them for recording or mixing since the mid bass hump boosts low end quite a bit. I used to own and use K141's in the studio and I think you will find the HD600's have more bass as well as lower frequency capabilities. The K141 do not extending deep enough into the sub-bass range so you are missing those ultra low frequencies when recording or sequencing.
Thanks very much Arthur. Exactly what I wanted to know. I just purchased a set of 600's on ebay after reading your reply. (xmas present from the wife)
Thanks also to all the intelligent people who contributed to these two threads;
Saved me some money which could be put to better use buying an audio interface.
- How much "bassier" are hd650s compared to hd600s?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 17 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › I got a Denon AVR-2802 for free. Worth building a system around it? 1 minute ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread 2 minutes ago
- › Custom Wood Cup For Denon AH-D2000 2 minutes ago
- › Ryse: Son of rome 2 minutes ago
- › Less than $300 Over the Ear for my Teenage Son (who wants Beats!) 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica IM50, IM70 Appreciation and Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Advice on DAC/AMP + Headphones 4 minutes ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 S2 In-Ear Headphones, Black by twister6
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by Audiophile1811
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphones by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by DwightLooi
- › FIDUE A81 In-Ear Noise Isolating Earphones Heaphones with High-End... by Brooko
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)