Hi all. I'm in the market for a new set of headphones and am dithering between the 650 and 600. I've been mixing music on my Yamaha M06 using a set of AKG k141 and when I play the songs back through my keyboard amps, the bass nearly lifts the roof, even though it all sounds nice and well balanced through the cans. I have no idea how much more bass to expect from a set of hd600 compared to my AKg's or how much more bass to expect from the 650's compared to the 600's. I just want to hear all the bass that's there so I'm not overcompensating with the eq and nearly blowing my cones like I did yesterday.
Related Forum Threads
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 2/19/15 at 11:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- HD650s are so cheap? Last post on 2/10/15 at 4:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Does anyone own both the Senn HD600 and HD650? Last post on 2/12/15 at 12:59pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Ultimate HD650/600 headband string/cord stretching method - safe and easy Last post on 2/3/15 at 12:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD600 and HD650 discontinued? Last post on 2/6/15 at 2:40am in Headphones (full-size)
Introduction: I received the Cayin N6 as a tour unit that was generously provided by CTC Audio. CTC Audio focuses on making brands that aren’t as accessible in North America, mostly from Asia,...
The Shure SE215 is the first IEM I owned and was the one that brought me in head-fi. I got mine for around $95 at the time after reading some reviews online here and there. Since then, I've learned...
The overall sound is similar to the Audeze LCD-2F - slightly on the warm side of neutral, but without the ultimate resolution the LCD-2F has. And easier to drive so you can plug them into your...
I have covered Tube Amp’s portable amps in the past (here and here). While the company is called ‘Tube Amp’, they don’t limit themselves to only tube amp, but also discrete amp. The LF-15 however...
So, first off, I must say that for 200 dollars (or 170, in my case, for a unit that was previously a store-display model), you CANNOT go wrong with this superb little DAP. The soundstage and...
How much "bassier" are hd650s compared to hd600s?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I always recommend the HD600 for studio use. Everything you need to know is there with a lot of detail yet very neutral sounding. I love my HD650's for listening to music but I would not use them for recording or mixing since the mid bass hump boosts low end quite a bit. I used to own and use K141's in the studio and I think you will find the HD600's have more bass as well as lower frequency capabilities. The K141 do not extending deep enough into the sub-bass range so you are missing those ultra low frequencies when recording or sequencing.
Thanks very much Arthur. Exactly what I wanted to know. I just purchased a set of 600's on ebay after reading your reply. (xmas present from the wife)
Thanks also to all the intelligent people who contributed to these two threads;
Saved me some money which could be put to better use buying an audio interface.
- How much "bassier" are hd650s compared to hd600s?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...(previously 6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype) 6 seconds ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 1 minute ago
- › Trying to find some nice crisp/clear/crystal clear heahphones 2 minutes ago
- › NEW 2015 - HIFIMAN HE400S 3 minutes ago
- › Interest Check: AKG K7xx Massdrop First Edition 3 minutes ago
- › Meridian Explorer² Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Looking for affordable, DURABLE earphones 4 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 4 minutes ago
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 4 minutes ago
- › USB Audio Recorder PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous... 5 minutes ago
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by Cotnijoe
- › Shure SE215 by KewStone
- › VSONIC GR07 by MRC001
- › Tube Amp LF-15 by ClieOS
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by goodyfresh
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 by goodyfresh
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by snellemin
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by lin0003
- › Bette 10MM 1+1 Hybrid Wood Black by BloodyPenguin
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by sk2290
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3