Hi, I recently bought a Sennheiser HD 650 and need something to drive them with. Would getting the Asus Xonar Essence ST have a better sound quality over the Fiio E10? I'm willing to spend up to $200ish for a Dac or sound card. I'll be using it for mostly music. Thanks
- productASUS Xonar Essence ST Headphone 7.1-Channel Audio Card for Audiophilestagged by System, 12/1/12
- productFiiO E10tagged by System, 12/1/12
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 12/1/12
- productSoundmagic E10tagged by System, 3/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD 650 with FiiO E10 Last post on 8/13/12 at 10:56pm in Headphones (full-size)
- budget IEM recommendation? (soundmagic e10, senheiser CX 300 II, panasonic rphje120k, ∞one... Last post on 5/23/14 at 10:45pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- good deep bass earphones for $50-70 Last post on 1/1/14 at 7:54pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Amp / Dac for HD 650 Last post on 12/30/13 at 12:51pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Best affordable Amp/Dac for Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 12/23/13 at 10:40am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Intro/Setup The on-ear open-back design is not a very popular segment. I suspect most overlook this category largely because of the lack of isolation compared to the many closed-back...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Audio-Technica US for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. I can’t imagine a better way to wrap up a series of...
First off, I want to thank Faheem and Singnature Acoustics for this O-16 Live unit and apologize for the humongous delay (it’s been very long) of this review. Packaging and...
These were actually my first pair of mixing headphones. I can definitely say they worked for me at the time, but this is also the time I did not acknowledge the importance of EQ & compression. I...
In my search for a good pair of earbuds, these where my next try. Better than the previous maxell I bought, but definitely the search must keep going. My ratings are; Bass 2/5,...
Fiio E10 vs Xonar Essence ST With Sennheiser HD 650
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Technically, I believe the Fiio E10 would drive the HD650, but I would think the amplifier on the E10 would be close to maxed out.
I would say to watch out for ads that have the Asus Xonar Essence STX & ST on sale.
Might find a good deal on for used on eBay.
Hmm thanks. I guess another question I would have is would a $200 DAC perform better than a $200 sound card? I'm up for any other DACs or any other sound cards if anyone has recommendations in the $100 - $200ish price range.
I would think that as sound cards are way more mass produced then an external DAC/amp, the sound card would be cheaper to make and can offer more for the same price.
- Fiio E10 vs Xonar Essence ST With Sennheiser HD 650
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › "The Lab" 11 seconds ago
- › Dubai Head-Fi Meet 8th May 2015 41 seconds ago
- › hfb - Bounce House - chat aka shtpost central 1 minute ago
- › Subway etiquette 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum or HD 600 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand 2 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 3 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 3 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 239 Headphones Black by rigodeni
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by twister6
- › Signature Acoustics O16 Live by kova4a
- › Sennheiser HD 428 Headphones by rensin
- › JVC HAF14B - Gumy Earbud Headphones by LuigiSound
- › Grado SR80i Headphones by Pirakaphile
- › MEElectronics M-Duo by Luckbad
- › Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones by ilovesocks
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by Dickymint
- › Headphones EB-BL Jelleez Ear Buds Black by LuigiSound
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2