Hi, I recently bought a Sennheiser HD 650 and need something to drive them with. Would getting the Asus Xonar Essence ST have a better sound quality over the Fiio E10? I'm willing to spend up to $200ish for a Dac or sound card. I'll be using it for mostly music. Thanks
- productASUS Xonar Essence ST Headphone 7.1-Channel Audio Card for Audiophilestagged by System, 12/1/12
- productFiiO e10tagged by System, 12/1/12
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 12/1/12
- productSoundmagic E10tagged by System, 3/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD 650 with FiiO E10 Last post on 8/13/12 at 10:56pm in Headphones (full-size)
- budget IEM recommendation? (soundmagic e10, senheiser CX 300 II, panasonic rphje120k, ∞one... Last post on 5/23/14 at 10:45pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- good deep bass earphones for $50-70 Last post on 1/1/14 at 7:54pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Amp / Dac for HD 650 Last post on 12/30/13 at 12:51pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Best affordable Amp/Dac for Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 12/23/13 at 10:40am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Cayin for providing me with a review sample of their new flagship N6 DAP which is currently available on Amazon and from other retailers like...
After picking these up from the Sony Store about a year ago, I can say that these are definitely not worth the $350-$400 price tag. Luckily, I picked them up for around $180 and to me, this seems...
First of all the reason I rate the SE215 5/5* is primarily because of the value it presents under the $100 mark. You will be extremely hard pressed to find a pair of IEMs at this price considering...
I'm all about best use on a budget for a specific person and lifestyle. In my case, the Jaybird Bluebud X's were fantastic. You can check out my review on head fi here, but I also have an older...
SENNHEISER URBANITE XL REVIEW Full sized headphones haven't been part of my usage options for quite some time now. I used to own a Sony MDR-1R but despite the excellent comfort and decent sound my...
Fiio E10 vs Xonar Essence ST With Sennheiser HD 650
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Technically, I believe the Fiio E10 would drive the HD650, but I would think the amplifier on the E10 would be close to maxed out.
I would say to watch out for ads that have the Asus Xonar Essence STX & ST on sale.
Might find a good deal on for used on eBay.
Hmm thanks. I guess another question I would have is would a $200 DAC perform better than a $200 sound card? I'm up for any other DACs or any other sound cards if anyone has recommendations in the $100 - $200ish price range.
I would think that as sound cards are way more mass produced then an external DAC/amp, the sound card would be cheaper to make and can offer more for the same price.
- Fiio E10 vs Xonar Essence ST With Sennheiser HD 650
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Everybody's Favorite Question...Which IEM $300 range 1 second ago
- › Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Sound Quality 10 seconds ago
- › DT770 80 or 250 ohm? 33 seconds ago
- › Nad D Range 44 seconds ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 firmware 2.4 download and discussion 3 minutes ago
- › beyerdynamic T5p: Photos and first impressions. 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio E12A Mont Blanc portable amplifier 3 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by twister6
- › Sony XBA-4SL by cuiter23
- › Shure SE215 by cuiter23
- › Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running... by ActiveTechREV
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Black Over-Ear Headphones by d marc0
- › HIFIMAN RE300a(Black) InLine Control Earphone by mark2410
- › HIFIMAN RE300h Earphone - Audiophile Earbud by mark2410
- › FIDUE A71 Dual Dynamic Drivers Hi-Fi Earphones by DJScope
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by CJ09
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by ActiveTechREV
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3