Hi, I recently bought a Sennheiser HD 650 and need something to drive them with. Would getting the Asus Xonar Essence ST have a better sound quality over the Fiio E10? I'm willing to spend up to $200ish for a Dac or sound card. I'll be using it for mostly music. Thanks
- productASUS Xonar Essence ST Headphone 7.1-Channel Audio Card for Audiophilestagged by System, 12/1/12
- productFiiO e10tagged by System, 12/1/12
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 12/1/12
- productSoundmagic E10tagged by System, 3/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD 650 with FiiO E10 Last post on 8/13/12 at 10:56pm in Headphones (full-size)
- budget IEM recommendation? (soundmagic e10, senheiser CX 300 II, panasonic rphje120k, ∞one... Last post on 5/23/14 at 10:45pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Amp / Dac for HD 650 Last post on 12/30/13 at 12:51pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Best affordable Amp/Dac for Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 12/23/13 at 10:40am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Somebody to build me DYI amp for HD650 Last post on 11/28/13 at 1:29pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Got a good local deal on these as the are being replaced by the SoundTrue variant, which as far as I can tell, only adds a case and different colors. The Bose AE2 are a very lightweight...
Design and Comfort S5 is a new higher-end in-ear-monitor from Brainwavz retailing at about US$100. I’m glad Brainwavz has offerings at most price points below $200. It's great that companies such...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Fiio E10 vs Xonar Essence ST With Sennheiser HD 650
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Technically, I believe the Fiio E10 would drive the HD650, but I would think the amplifier on the E10 would be close to maxed out.
I would say to watch out for ads that have the Asus Xonar Essence STX & ST on sale.
Might find a good deal on for used on eBay.
Hmm thanks. I guess another question I would have is would a $200 DAC perform better than a $200 sound card? I'm up for any other DACs or any other sound cards if anyone has recommendations in the $100 - $200ish price range.
I would think that as sound cards are way more mass produced then an external DAC/amp, the sound card would be cheaper to make and can offer more for the same price.
- Fiio E10 vs Xonar Essence ST With Sennheiser HD 650
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Speakers recommendation - $500 budget 1 minute ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 1 minute ago
- › On a mission to like jazz 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio E17 - Blurry Menu 2 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 2 minutes ago
- › any new recommendations under 200$? 3 minutes ago
- › UE 200vi does not sound correctly with cowon i9 3 minutes ago
- › Bose®AE2 audio headphones by Blinxat
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by kingpage
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)