Hi, I recently bought a Sennheiser HD 650 and need something to drive them with. Would getting the Asus Xonar Essence ST have a better sound quality over the Fiio E10? I'm willing to spend up to $200ish for a Dac or sound card. I'll be using it for mostly music. Thanks
- productASUS Xonar Essence ST Headphone 7.1-Channel Audio Card for Audiophilestagged by System, 12/1/12
- productFiiO e10tagged by System, 12/1/12
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 12/1/12
- productSoundmagic E10tagged by System, 3/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD 650 with FiiO E10 Last post on 8/13/12 at 10:56pm in Headphones (full-size)
- budget IEM recommendation? (soundmagic e10, senheiser CX 300 II, panasonic rphje120k, ∞one... Last post on 5/23/14 at 10:45pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Amp / Dac for HD 650 Last post on 12/30/13 at 12:51pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Best affordable Amp/Dac for Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 12/23/13 at 10:40am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Somebody to build me DYI amp for HD650 Last post on 11/28/13 at 1:29pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Brainwavz S5 Review: There are questions, and then there are questions that you get asked constantly. One of the most common requests of knowledge from me are on if unit X is better than unit...
I've received Concero HP from Ressonsense Labs for writing review in russian, but I want to share my thoughts with Head-Fi. As usual, I'll be somewhat brief, as I'm not so good in English, but I...
I’d like to thank John Seaber and the folks at JDS Labs for the C5D loaner unit. Accessories The C5D ships with a 1.5 foot USB mini-B cable, a set of four rubber stick-on feet and an...
This is a review of the upcoming FiiO X1 digital audio player (DAP). Until my first experience with X5, a little over half a year ago, I used to refer to all dedicated audio players as "mp3"...
It's annoying because I didn't read the manual so I naturally fitted the SE215's wrong, and then looked at videos and found the right fit. The SE215 lack bass with the foam tips, so I put on the...
Fiio E10 vs Xonar Essence ST With Sennheiser HD 650
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Technically, I believe the Fiio E10 would drive the HD650, but I would think the amplifier on the E10 would be close to maxed out.
I would say to watch out for ads that have the Asus Xonar Essence STX & ST on sale.
Might find a good deal on for used on eBay.
Hmm thanks. I guess another question I would have is would a $200 DAC perform better than a $200 sound card? I'm up for any other DACs or any other sound cards if anyone has recommendations in the $100 - $200ish price range.
I would think that as sound cards are way more mass produced then an external DAC/amp, the sound card would be cheaper to make and can offer more for the same price.
- Fiio E10 vs Xonar Essence ST With Sennheiser HD 650
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Hisoundaudio Studio V 3rd Anniversary Edition Review 6 seconds ago
- › Doodlebug - USB Isolator 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 2 minutes ago
- › Centrance Hifi-M8 and Hifi-M8 LX (8 versions!) impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM 4 minutes ago
- › FLAC, where can i get more? 4 minutes ago
- › Good headphones for $200 budget? 6 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 8 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by bowei006
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by cleg
- › JDS Labs C5D by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by twister6
- › Shure SE215 by Existence
- › Audiofly AF140 In-Ear Headphones (Gray) by Loquah
- › Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic Driver Earphones by hans030390
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by MacroPower
- › Denon Urban Raver In-Ear Headphones, Blue (AH-C100BU) by MrTechAgent
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)