Hi, I recently bought a Sennheiser HD 650 and need something to drive them with. Would getting the Asus Xonar Essence ST have a better sound quality over the Fiio E10? I'm willing to spend up to $200ish for a Dac or sound card. I'll be using it for mostly music. Thanks
- productASUS Xonar Essence ST Headphone 7.1-Channel Audio Card for Audiophilestagged by System, 12/1/12
- productFiiO E10tagged by System, 12/1/12
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 12/1/12
- productSoundmagic E10tagged by System, 3/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD 650 with FiiO E10 Last post on 8/13/12 at 10:56pm in Headphones (full-size)
- budget IEM recommendation? (soundmagic e10, senheiser CX 300 II, panasonic rphje120k, ∞one... Last post on 5/23/14 at 10:45pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- good deep bass earphones for $50-70 Last post on 1/1/14 at 7:54pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Amp / Dac for HD 650 Last post on 12/30/13 at 12:51pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Best affordable Amp/Dac for Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 12/23/13 at 10:40am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Fiio E10 vs Xonar Essence ST With Sennheiser HD 650
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Technically, I believe the Fiio E10 would drive the HD650, but I would think the amplifier on the E10 would be close to maxed out.
I would say to watch out for ads that have the Asus Xonar Essence STX & ST on sale.
Might find a good deal on for used on eBay.
Hmm thanks. I guess another question I would have is would a $200 DAC perform better than a $200 sound card? I'm up for any other DACs or any other sound cards if anyone has recommendations in the $100 - $200ish price range.
I would think that as sound cards are way more mass produced then an external DAC/amp, the sound card would be cheaper to make and can offer more for the same price.
- Fiio E10 vs Xonar Essence ST With Sennheiser HD 650
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Aurisonics Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread 32 seconds ago
- › Denon AH-MM400 39 seconds ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 51 seconds ago
- › Some People Remember How Equipment Sounds! 1 minute ago
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 1 minute ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 1 minute ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 2 minutes ago
- › Questyle QP1 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › NEW 2015 - HIFIMAN HE400S 3 minutes ago
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by lin0003
- › Bette 10MM 1+1 Hybrid Wood Black by BloodyPenguin
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by sk2290
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by wrathzombie
- › RHA T20 by Wyd4
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon by Stillhart
- › Eddie Current Zana Deux SE by mikoss
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by LandonO
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by twister6
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3