Im looking for a pair of closed portable full size headphones and by portable i mean walking around with them in the city. I like strong base as i listen to lots of dance music but i still like the highs of classical and rock aswell,I would like them to reasonably neutral and clear,I will not be using an amp unless the combined cost is 150 euro.I was thinking about the denon ah-d 1100 but i hear they break alot and that their bassheavy, any other suggestions?
- productDenon AH-D1100tagged by System, 11/27/12
- productKlipsch Image ONE Premium On-Ear Earphonestagged by System, 11/27/12
- productSony MDR-XB800tagged by System, 11/27/12
- productSony MDR-ZX-700tagged by System, 11/27/12
- productUltrasone HFI-780tagged by System, 11/27/12
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-80tagged by System, 11/27/12
Related Forum Threads
- Portable bass heavy cans under $180 Last post on 1/28/13 at 2:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Options in the $150 range - Rock/Metal music Last post on 8/5/12 at 6:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- On ear headphones for iPod. Last post on 9/10/12 at 8:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Good Headphone for portable/library/dorm Last post on 9/19/11 at 12:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
I would like to start with saying thank you to Brainwavz and Pandora for letting me check out the Brainwavz Jive. The Brainwavz Jive is available from...
SOUNDMAGIC E50S IN EAR MONITOR REVIEW Firstly, like to thank SoundMAGIC for supplying the E50S Review unit Features and Design The E50S is the latest in ear monitor from SoundMAGIC....
My initial impressions of this headphone were good, but it has taken a week for me of careful listening to really appreciate their qualities and purpose. Ultimately, I love these headphones and...
Overview, design and build: The CKR10 is currently the flagship dynamic driver earphones from Audio Technica. I bought it used from another Head-Fi user. Packaging and accesories are simple but...
It is brilliant, having been based on a OPA2134 as input amp that is wired to a TPA6120A2 as buffer (Current amp). It uses a TDA2030 as a rail splitter. Using a power opamp as a rail splitter...
over ear closed back portable headphones under 150 euro/dollar
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The V-Moda M80 offers strong punchy bass but incredibily detailed mids, highs and fairly wide soundstage. The other headphones like Ultrasone HFI780, Klipsch Image ONE, JVC ON EAR with NC and Sony XB800 are pretty good for the price and they offers punchy bass too.
If on ear is OK there are several good JVC choices along with many others as there is a large selection of on ears.
- over ear closed back portable headphones under 150 euro/dollar
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Astell&Kern AK380 13 seconds ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 1 minute ago
- › TRINITY AUDIO ENGINEERING LAUNCH NEW CAMPAIGN FOR HIGH-END SPORTS... 1 minute ago
- › DUNU DN-2000J -- More Than Evolution? 2 minutes ago
- › Help choosing right IEM 5 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 7 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 8 minutes ago
- › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and... 8 minutes ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 8 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Jive by peter123
- › SoundMAGIC E50S In Ear Isolating Earphones with Microphone - RED by pformagg
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by Malfunkt
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by ezekiel77
- › SMSL sApII Pro by DaveLT
- › Audiosense V2mix4 by abyatar
- › Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Trio Portable Vacuum Tube Headphone Amplifier by AnakChan
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by areek
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by acain
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by chowmein83
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2