Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Colorfly C3 Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Colorfly C3 Discussion Thread - Page 46

post #676 of 2330

Tolldragon, i must apologise for sure because what i wrote is just my personal distaste for iPod and iTunes and many people would disagree with me. but i do not like either product no matter how much i love else Apple products. to put it plainly they are not for me and iTunes drvies me me crazy and willing to throw my Macs out of the window each time i am forced to use this for updating iPhones and iPads in our house.


Edited by Gintaras - 2/14/13 at 6:52am
post #677 of 2330

I know all the music on my C3 so navigating it is very easy...

 

I just miss Coverflow, it brings back fond memories of the K-Tel Record Selector. tongue_smile.gif

 

post #678 of 2330
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintaras View Post

Tolldragon, i must apologise for sure because what i wrote is just my personal distaste for iPod and iTunes and many people would disagree with me. but i do not like either product no matter how much i love else Apple products. to put it plainly they are not for me and iTunes drvies me me crazy and willing to throw my Macs out of the window each time i am forced to use this for updating iPhones and iPads in our house.

No apology necessary good sir!

 

There are a lot of people with a love / hate relationship with iTunes, personally I use Audio Engineering's Fidelia on my C2D MacBook and it works like a charm. I only use iTunes to load up the iPod that stays inside my Sony Car Deck's "TuneTray" with Audiobooks for the daily drive.

beerchug.gif


Edited by TrollDragon - 2/14/13 at 7:09am
post #679 of 2330
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achmedisdead View Post

Holy crap that is a tiny display. blink.gif

It gets better than that, wait until the folder titles start scrolling backwards at random. tongue.gif But we love our C3's smily_headphones1.gif Smokes any Apple device I have here.
post #680 of 2330

C3 Last night from road test...

 

 

"There's danger on the edge of town, Ride the king's highway..."

Dark grainy instagram lovin... wink_face.gif

post #681 of 2330

Ordered mine the other day.  With chinese new years i don't get it for a bit (ordered off of ebay through china dealer).  I'd be using this for at the gym and normally i don't change songs too much.  I got a ipod nano with the clip, the small touchscreen ones people wear as watches and I only use it because i had the old ipod nano when they came out and it was laying in a drawer and saw they had a recall, sent it in and got a free upgrade lol

 

Looking forward to tryin it out, looks awesome

post #682 of 2330
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsans View Post

Ordered mine the other day.  With chinese new years i don't get it for a bit (ordered off of ebay through china dealer).  I'd be using this for at the gym and normally i don't change songs too much.  I got a ipod nano with the clip, the small touchscreen ones people wear as watches and I only use it because i had the old ipod nano when they came out and it was laying in a drawer and saw they had a recall, sent it in and got a free upgrade lol

 

Looking forward to tryin it out, looks awesome

A friend got the same sweet upgrade for his nano as well.

You'll love the C3 more though!

post #683 of 2330
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollDragon View Post

C3 Last night from road test...


"There's danger on the edge of town, Ride the king's highway..."



Dark grainy instagram lovin... wink_face.gif

Looks very nice, so how'd it sound?
post #684 of 2330
Quote:
Originally Posted by weirddub View Post


Looks very nice, so how'd it sound?

It sounded great, much better that the nano that is in behind the faceplate of the Sony headunit, even going through the AUX in jack.

The nano is connected inside through the DOCK connector and the Sony talks to it directly.

 

I loaded the C3 up with The Door's remastered DCC FLAC's and it sounded great or as good as it gets with my car. I just have stock speakers and the 50W x4 headunit in a unique piece of Korean engineering...

 

(No JL Audio products here they would be worth more than the car. biggrin.gif )

post #685 of 2330

I can't wait to get my C&C! Arrrg...not getting to NYC until the end of Feb!

 

I am having a real problem with flac's on the C3 though...

 

This is what's going on...

 

I'm going for a week long deep sea fishing trip with 15 buds...I'm in charge of the music. So I have my iModded 5.5, the C3, and my iPhone5...about 200GB of music...we're good. lol

 

However, when putting the flac's on the Sandisk 32GB cards...all I get is massively distorted sound from every single flac I put on there.

 

So I try an experiment...I take a few of those flacs and convert them to 320 mp3's...and the ******** work fine! I'm like WTF is going on here?

 

This is bugging me out. Does anyone have any suggestions?

post #686 of 2330

icefalkon, are they 16bit or higher? C3 accepts only 16bit. do you have cue lists? sometimes cue list can be a problem. that said i scratch my head because i do not have this problem but sometimes C3 does not like some of FLAC files i have which results in sudden stops, screen blackout and slow jump to the next song. luckily i have very few such files and rest of my collection spins just fine on C3.

post #687 of 2330

try taking your FLACs and re-convert them into WAV and back. might this help? i understand this is not exciting way around but may be it works.

post #688 of 2330

Thanks Gintaras, I'll try that. For the trip though...I just finished converting over 1500 files to 320/mp3 overnight using media monkey.

 

It may be that the files were higher than 16bit...I'm not sure...but thanks!

post #689 of 2330

icefalkon, my C3 gladly accepts FLACs 16bit, i would not convert into mp3 confused.gif

post #690 of 2330

16 bit here as well.  I bought the C3 because I detest any kind of mp3.  It's always FLAC for me (though I used WAV in iTunes for my iPhone 4, since it wouldn't accept FLAC).  

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Colorfly C3 Discussion Thread