Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Colorfly C3 Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Colorfly C3 Discussion Thread - Page 32

post #466 of 2350
Quote:
Originally Posted by kova4a View Post

Yeah, it's very good for its price but if you want hardware buttons and bigger screen you might want to wait for the fiio X3, which should come out this spring http://www.head-fi.org/t/528916/the-fiio-x3-thread-update-project-back-on-read-the-first-post-for-information supposedly at around 200 bucks. Of course, you can get the C3 now and later you might also grab the X3. 

 

looks so sweet but will it sound better than c3? i wait to hear this. if X3 will sound as good as it looks i will buy one.

post #467 of 2350

looks like the release date will be March 2013 but wonder how long this will take for X3 to reach shops, one month, two or three??? any experience with other Fiio product releases?

 

http://www.mingo-hmw.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=155579

post #468 of 2350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintaras View Post

looks so sweet but will it sound better than c3? i wait to hear this. if X3 will sound as good as it looks i will buy one.

It's yet to be seen, whether X3 will sound better, certianly has all the features we want however, I have some doubts personally about the SQ. I could be very wrong and we should know very soon. smile.gif

Here's some food for thought. Hifiman RE0, if you guys can source a pair still they match very well with Colorfly C3, I had RE0 arrive today they're a winner, surprising enough at 64ohms no amp needed for this pairing, very neutral, very audiophile like. Sounds best around 32/40.
Edited by H20Fidelity - 2/4/13 at 3:42am
post #469 of 2350

I've been following this thread, since I've been looking for a higher quality portable to play my lossless music on (I've been using an iPhone 4 paired with UE Triple-Fi 10s).  Decided on the C3, went ahead and ordered it from eBay yesterday.  Just received the following this morning.  Putting it up here as an FYI.  (I emailed back, in Chinese-gotta love Google translate- to see exactly what he means.  Will post more if I get a reply.)  Thanks for all the info on the thread, it proved very helpful in making my decision re which unit to purchase.  Now all I have to do is wait.  And possibly wait some more.  :)

 

bigbargainone

 

Dear friend,
We will on holiday for Chinese New Year .
All items will be ship until holiday ends.If you just realise this after payment and don't want to wait ,we can issue you a refund to cancel this transaction,please just send me a message and I will refund you when back for work then.
We apologize for any inconvenience occurred to you.
Will give you satisfy resolution when back for work.
Thanks for your understanding and best regards!

post #470 of 2350
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post


It's yet to be seen, whether X3 will sound better, certianly has all the features we want however, I have some doubts personally about the SQ. I could be very wrong and we should know very soon. smile.gif

Here's some food for thought. Hifiman RE0, if you guys can source a pair still they match very well with Colorfly C3, I had RE0 arrive today they're a winner, surprising enough at 64ohms no amp needed for this pairing, very neutral, very audiophile like. Sounds best around 32/40.

I also use it with RE0 but I don't think it is a good match. C3 doesn't get loud with RE0 even at maximum volume. Please do not hype it. C3 is all about hype nothing less. My Cube C30 even sounds better and powerfull than C3. Fair enough!

post #471 of 2350
H20, where did you buy R0 from, ebay? I am curious but in my place no sellers. Will ask my merchant from Germany.

Can you tell how they compare to your hybrids sound wise? Are they BA or dynamic drivers?
post #472 of 2350
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozkan View Post

I also use it with RE0 but I don't think it is a good match. C3 doesn't get loud with RE0 even at maximum volume. Please do not hype it. C3 is all about hype nothing less. My Cube C30 even sounds better and powerfull than C3. Fair enough!

Well, I don't have the RE0 for quite some time now but I guess it all comes down to the listening volume one person uses. I know that H20 said he used the Gr07 with the C3 at volume around 32 or something while I did use it at 39-40, which is the maximum, so I might assume that some people might find the RE0 lacking power for theit listening. With that said though the C3 is clearly a very good DAP sound-wise. You're going in a wrong direction comparing it to the Cube C30 as it has a lot more power but sq is not just about power or the RoCoo P, which is very hissy with a lot of iems, should be amazing just because it is very powerful. The C3 isn't about hype - it's about sq and simplicity - it clearly can't drive demanding headphones on its own, especially something like the RE0 (I assume) but that doesn't make it overhyped coz it's been stated plenty of times it has slightly less power than a clip+ and obviously a lot less than the C30 - it does retain its sq even when double amped, so the lack of power for some headphones isn't such an issue.

post #473 of 2350
H20, btw, do you have Hifiman R0 or R-Zero? Some reviewers find R-Zero worth little extra $.

Will dig bit before buying since eb50 does good job for me and adding something new must at least be not less quality because musical fidelity sets the bar high especially amped.
post #474 of 2350
Ozkan, without amplifier and with balanced armature i tend to agree that c3 might sound bit lean and less intersting. If you unable or unwilling to use amplifier then sell your balanced armature and buy dynamic drivers IEMs ... Even Shure se215 will do and will bring you consumer friendly sound... C3 is about different approach to sound. Have you ever been to a recording studio and heard sound monitors used to hear while recording in editors room? You would be surprised how big buck equipment sounds... Perhaps you prefer final version put on CD and work material from which record is made.
post #475 of 2350

I tried dynamic and balanced iems. Maybe it will be a silly question but does C3 need burn in to tame the highs and more bass to come out? 

post #476 of 2350
post #477 of 2350
Ozkan, IMHO c3 does Not need burn in, the issue can be in type of IEMs or make. i can tell you for consumer sound se215 deliver warm rich sound... But BA monitors go in different direction and reveal what was hidden from you before and they also add stage and separation.

The issue here is not what player is better or worse but what sound you like. I guess you would be bored to death listening via studio monitors during music recording of your favourite band... You are more used to CD presentation. This is nothing wrong, since i assume you never worked with live sound and if you did not you may not be able to appreciate neutrality of sound.

This does not mean c3 is bad or you are wrong. It just boils to what you like and as you are a consumer this is your choice to tell what you prefer. If you do not like c3 then sell it. I know audiophiles who sell and buy mega buck equipment and lose thousands on reselling... In your case c3 is cheap and you will not lose a fortune on selling it.
post #478 of 2350
Ozkan, just a small remark: there are no silly questions, there are silly answers :-)

You always welcome to ask me.
post #479 of 2350
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozkan View Post

Does anyone know if C3 requires any burn in period? I think this dap is too bright and lacks some bass. It is interesting that equilizer differences are more audible than the other daps I use. Rock and jazz are way too bright and normal is lifeless. No bass, no treble. Maybe equilizer settings are set wrong (software). I think C3 needs serious fixes about sound software. I don't like the sound I am hearing. I think on flat eq this dap needs +1 db on bass, +0 db on mid and at least +1 db on treble to sound really flat.

So you don't like how C3 sounds, how would anything sound like a good pairing to you?


Quote:
Originally Posted by ozkan View Post

I also use it with RE0 but I don't think it is a good match. C3 doesn't get loud with RE0 even at maximum volume. Please do not hype it. C3 is all about hype nothing less. My Cube C30 even sounds better and powerfull than C3. Fair enough!


I can tell you right now my friend, Colourfly C3 is far from hype, we have two threads here one at 50 and this one at 32 pages of happy, HAPPY owners. For you to say the player is hype must be blind not seeing all the merry owners or... obviously have an issue with the player, which is fine, it didn't work out for you. However, just because a product hasn't worked out for you does not give you the right to tell us how we should perceive it. Go and enjoy your Cube C30, be happy, we'll enjoy our C3. You're welcome to create your own Cube C30 thread and talk about it if you like? I suggest if you're unhappy with the player, move on, because this is an appreciation thread you know? where we 'appreciate' the Colorfly C3.

Pretty easy to understand?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintaras View Post

H20, btw, do you have Hifiman R0 or R-Zero? Some reviewers find R-Zero worth little extra $.

Will dig bit before buying since eb50 does good job for me and adding something new must at least be not less quality because musical fidelity sets the bar high especially amped.

They've been discontinued. I know of one place in Australia you can still buy them.

Have a look on our FS section too, because I saw a pair floating around there for $45 last week.
Edited by H20Fidelity - 2/4/13 at 1:11pm
post #480 of 2350
H20, thanks, i see... will check but carefull as i do not want to stock too much gear. Btw, i have seen good reports on Martin Logans IEMs too and they are dynamic drivers and current production. Still i think it is safe to assume you will keep your Hybrid IEMs :-)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Colorfly C3 Discussion Thread