Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Colorfly C3 Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Colorfly C3 Discussion Thread - Page 103

post #1531 of 2314
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post

 

With the 1k's, not a huge difference directly off of the C3 versus or the C3 plus either the E12 or BH . There are slight enhancements with either amp, but not worth running out to buy either one to work with the 1k's imo - they sound amazing directly off of the C3 :)

That is great thank you! I'm planning on using the C3 on-the-go so no amplifier. I'll be pairing it with Audio Technica ES700, Ortofon EQ5, Sony XBA3 or JVC FXZ-100. If need be I'll had my O2 amp or iBasso PB1.

post #1532 of 2314
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikaveli06 View Post

Im lookin around but am confused. I used mediamonley to load my c3. Is there an option for play all files or shuffle all. I can only get it to play an album at a time. Ck4 i had same issue, but only when playing fromemory card

Maybe its how i loaded them. I think i had mm settings as artist-Album-Track. I wonder if i just used track only, if maybe then selecting shuffle on c3 it would work almost like a playlist? I dont mind changing song to song if im just listening to music, but at gym its too much to changing. And i bout this used without manual, prolly in chinee angway), but is there something about tapping button or holding button for different function i just want to be able to switch/shuffle all songs and not just in that specific album.
post #1533 of 2314
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikaveli06 View Post

Maybe its how i loaded them. I think i had mm settings as artist-Album-Track. I wonder if i just used track only, if maybe then selecting shuffle on c3 it would work almost like a playlist? I dont mind changing song to song if im just listening to music, but at gym its too much to changing. And i bout this used without manual, prolly in chinee angway), but is there something about tapping button or holding button for different function i just want to be able to switch/shuffle all songs and not just in that specific album.

Hold this button down to open the menu and you will find your settings.

Be aware though the shuffle feature is a little docile often playing the same songs over again.




If I was going to the Gym I would create a new folder on my PC and stick the songs I want in that folder. Also if you're transfering many albums or several folders use a card reader the C3 transfers at snail pass.
post #1534 of 2314
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikaveli06 View Post

Im lookin around but am confused. I used mediamonley to load my c3. Is there an option for play all files or shuffle all. I can only get it to play an album at a time. Ck4 i had same issue, but only when playing fromemory card

 

I did my fair share of groaning and whining about the lack of functions in the C3 when I was looking into it. Everybody said "yes, it's spartan, but it sounds great". I finally succumbed. It's only been a few days with it, but it does sound so great that I have accepted it's warts. The one thing that I wish it had was "auto resume". I am so used to being able to shut off my clip zip to conserve it's battery and then turn it on later and have it continue right on. But with the C3, I am trying to get used to simply pausing it and not turning it off (if I want to later resume). Luckily it has enough juice to easily last through a day, so this should work fine. Anyway, I will survive this. The other thing that would solve a lot of problems for me would be if it handled playlists. But again, I knew that it didn't, so this is the last time I will pseudo-whine about it, because it DOES sound friggin great!

 

Anyway, to answer your question, you can not play all songs, and you can not shuffle all songs. You can do both within a folder - that's it. And no playlists. Time for you to get used to your new C3 reality lol!

 

I ended up putting all of my favorites into a single folder (and then using FATsorter to ensure that they are sorted properly) so that I can play all of them continuously, and so that I can shuffle them all if I like. It's kinda working (the filenames didn't get generated the way I wanted by artist/album/title, but I'll figure that out).

 

So good luck, and happy listening!

post #1535 of 2314
Quote:
Originally Posted by olddude View Post

I use my C3 for walking music (exercise) and I find the amp helps drown out/cover over my footfalls as I walk.  The fuller sound is great.  I agree, sitting around I don't really need the amp, but then I don't listen to music sitting around anymore- in my car or walking is pretty much it, with a wife and kid.  

 

With my TF 10's I really like the mids and highs, and the bass un-amped is just fine.  With the amp, I have GC and SF on (not LF, a bit of overkill for me) and it sounds really full.  

 

Now, I'm old (I remember the 60's in San Francisco because I lived them fully at the time- not just observed them :)  ) so my ears may be a bit worn-out from long nights at The Filmore and Winterland and the Avalon Ballroom.  I can still remember seeing Cream on their first night in SF and coming out being unable to hear even my VW Bus engine starting up (no insulation, very loud engine noise).  I'm sure I paid a price for that experience.  You youngsters probably have much better hearing than I do (I still hear ok, just not like I used to).  So we may be talking apples and oranges here.   

 

Wow Dude - awesome experience. You're my hero!

beerchug.gif

 

p.s. I was just doing some searching to see what volume people have their C3's set to when also using the C&C BH amp, and stumbled upon your post :)

post #1536 of 2314
For amping always 40/40. Surprisingly, C3 at 40/40 still gets very similar run times as using it normally.
post #1537 of 2314
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post


Onya Wayne, enjoy! Welcome to the C3 / BH crew. wink_face.gif

If the player ever stops or shuts down unexpectedly, there's a tiny reset hole above the headphone jack, press that with a pin.

 

It died shortly after starting a new flac song. I figured that the battery died (is there a battery status indicator? Maybe it's the thing on the top right. At any rate, after plugging into the charger, no go. It's dead Jim! I didn't think I would ever need the info, but I guess I did lol! It's the only time it's died in 3 days of heavy use, so no biggie. Thanks.

 

I noticed that mine is version 1.00.00.03, and that this firmware is available:

 

Quote:

Upgrade version 1.0.0.6

  • (1) Fixed button sensitivity
    (2) modify button backlight luminous

 

Worth upgrading? I do at times not have a clue what the buttons are wanting lol

post #1538 of 2314
Mine shut down within 24 hours of receiving it, I reset it once and it never did again for about 6 months then only recently it shut down again about 2 weeks ago. It's not a very common problem but I have read others who had their C3 shut down in the first week at least once. Also, if you drain the battery completely dead flat sometimes it may need a reset before it will boot up. These are just things we've learnt along the way and will prevent you thinking your unit is broken.

As for the update I didn't worry with mine (others did) it doesn't support anything I am interested in by the looks of things. I would like to see a resume feature and auto shut down (especially auto shut down) in future updates, and possibly get the file sorting/adding fixed, though for now we wait.
post #1539 of 2314
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post

Mine shut down within 24 hours of receiving it, I reset it once and it never did again for about 6 months then only recently it shut down again about 2 weeks ago. It's not a very common problem but I have read others who had their C3 shut down in the first week at least once. Also, if you drain the battery completely dead flat sometimes it may need a reset before it will boot up. These are just things we've learnt along the way and will prevent you thinking your unit is broken.

As for the update I didn't worry with mine (others did) it doesn't support anything I am interested in by the looks of things. I would like to see a resume feature and auto shut down (especially auto shut down) in future updates, and possibly get the file sorting/adding fixed, though for now we wait.

 

I hadn't even considered that Colorfly might consider adding things like resume etc via firmware updates. That would be very cool if there is actually some chance of them doing that!

post #1540 of 2314
A have a question regarding file format conversion. I have a few albums bought from HDtracks that are Flac 24bits/96khz and was wondering how I can convert them to WAV 24bits/48khz? I've tried using Foobar but I couldn't find an option to reduce to 48khz. Any help would be appreciated.

Ps: Why bother supporting 24bits if limited to 48khz???

Update: I just found a tool called r8brain and it does batch conversion to any sampling rate and bit depth. I'll report back how it work when I receive my C3.
Edited by Twinster - 7/18/13 at 8:11am
post #1541 of 2314
Ok wayne, or anyone else, just to be clear. To play all tracks, i would just put them all in a single folder, then transfer folder to c3. Im not worried about it being sorted, just would be my gym tracks. Then i keep all my music tagged and seperated on sd cards for when i want to browse files and find songs.
post #1542 of 2314
Yes. But there is no database in the c3, so tagging is irrelevant for it.
post #1543 of 2314
Gotcha.....i just stote tagged music on card cause i cansfer from player to player. Then on c3 i will put 1 folder w/ my gym songs
post #1544 of 2314
Double posted
Edited by mikaveli06 - 7/18/13 at 9:03am
post #1545 of 2314
Just came across this review of the Colorfly C3 by a German website.

Please take the time to read it. It's very informative.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Colorfly C3 Discussion Thread