Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Colorfly C3 Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Colorfly C3 Discussion Thread - Page 93

post #1381 of 2351
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cric View Post

Hello,
 
I'm the owner of a Sensa Fuze+ and Grado SR-80i which I only use at home listening to Flac. The sound is Ok (a bit muffled for my ears),
 

 

I find this hard to believe. The Grados are far from muffled, if anything they are the complete opposite of muffled.....and the Fuze+ has a pretty linear frequency response. If that combination sounds muffled to you, then a simple DAP switch will not be enough to make a noticeable difference.

post #1382 of 2351
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achmedisdead View Post

 

I find this hard to believe. The Grados are far from muffled, if anything they are the complete opposite of muffled.....and the Fuze+ has a pretty linear frequency response. If that combination sounds muffled to you, then a simple DAP switch will not be enough to make a noticeable difference.


Well I as said, when I connect the Grado to my Nad Amp, there is a world in SQ compared to the Fuze+: In that case, it is opposite of muffled.

I would have thinked Audiophile DAPs from Colorfly would be closer to an Amp found in a living room, but I could be wrong.

post #1383 of 2351
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick2413 View Post

I've had the c3 for months now, just received the C&C amp, and f*******!!!!!!!!!!!!  This set up sounds amazing with my Miracles!  Thanks for all the advice. 

C3  itself is already an excellent DAP. It sounds better than all iPods , all Sansa, ...etc. 

Adding C&C, push C3 to the next level. It sounds like $400 DAP even this combo is only costs $200.biggrin.gif

post #1384 of 2351
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick2413 View Post

I've had the c3 for months now, just received the C&C amp, and f*******!!!!!!!!!!!!  This set up sounds amazing with my Miracles!  Thanks for all the advice. 

Glad you like it nick, very popular pairing.
post #1385 of 2351

I was really looking forward to buy the fiio X3 for my newly acquired Sennheiser HD 25-II; but it would be 200 euro (266 USD) and then I had to pay for shipping too.

 

So I decided to pickup the Colorfly C3 for 88 USD (they give you a nice budget iem too hisoundaudio flamenco) and the SMSL SAP-4s (2013) amp, which is only 44 USD.  Totals 132 USD with shipping to The Netherlands!

I do aware the C3 doesn't have so many features and it doesn't do 24 bit flac playback; but well.. I figured the music albums I have on cd are not recorded in 24 bit depth anyway and I don't need tagging or albumart.

 

If I don't like the amp I will pick up the C&C BH as I hear alot of great things regarding synergy.

Is there anyone who has the same setup or paired the Sennheiser HD 25-II with the C3?

 

I hope it sound a bit like my home setup; desktop computer/audigy 2 - kx drivers/kernel streaming/foobar asio drivers/Yamaha as-500 :D.

post #1386 of 2351
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior4Jah View Post

I was really looking forward to buy the fiio X3 for my newly acquired Sennheiser HD 25-II; but it would be 200 euro (266 USD) and then I had to pay for shipping too.

 

So I decided to pickup the Colorfly C3 for 88 USD (they give you a nice budget iem too hisoundaudio flamenco) and the SMSL SAP-4s (2013) amp, which is only 44 USD.  Totals 132 USD with shipping to The Netherlands!

I do aware the C3 doesn't have so many features and it doesn't do 24 bit flac playback; but well.. I figured the music albums I have on cd are not recorded in 24 bit depth anyway and I don't need tagging or albumart.

 

If I don't like the amp I will pick up the C&C BH as I hear alot of great things regarding synergy.

Is there anyone who has the same setup or paired the Sennheiser HD 25-II with the C3?

 

I hope it sound a bit like my home setup; desktop computer/audigy 2 - kx drivers/kernel streaming/foobar asio drivers/Yamaha as-500 :D.

 

The downside for C3: it can't play 24bits FLAC, APE & ALAC

However I can ensure it sounds many time better in term of sound quality  than iPod or Sansa.

Adding the BH amp, will push C3 in one more level in term of sound quality.

post #1387 of 2351

I'm really looking forward receiving this player :)

Thanks for your opinion; I do plan to buy the BH amp if the Sap-4s doesn't pair well with the C3. The BH fortunately doesn't break the bank either.

post #1388 of 2351
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior4Jah View Post

I'm really looking forward receiving this player :)

Thanks for your opinion; I do plan to buy the BH amp if the Sap-4s doesn't pair well with the C3. The BH fortunately doesn't break the bank either.

C3 is very picky about the portable amp.

Even my GoVibe Vestamp does not work with C3.

post #1389 of 2351
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberalpha11 View Post

C3 is very picky about the portable amp.

Even my GoVibe Vestamp does not work with C3.

 

I just did some reading in this topic and indeed and I read that fiio amps and the cmoy bb don't pair very nicely.

Worst case scenario is that sound won't improve I guess.

 

Weird though your amp with good specs don't pair nicely with the C3.
I might need to read more into the subject of "synergy".

 

With what iems or headphones do you use your C3 with? And do you use the C&C BH?

post #1390 of 2351
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior4Jah View Post

 

I just did some reading in this topic and indeed and I read that fiio amps and the cmoy bb don't pair very nicely.

Worst case scenario is that sound won't improve I guess.

 

Weird though your amp with good specs don't pair nicely with the C3.
I might need to read more into the subject of "synergy".

 

With what iems or headphones do you use your C3 with? And do you use the C&C BH?

So far I don't have problem to play C3 with all my Headphones & IEM (shure SE215).

post #1391 of 2351
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior4Jah View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberalpha11 View Post

C3 is very picky about the portable amp.

Even my GoVibe Vestamp does not work with C3.

 

I just did some reading in this topic and indeed and I read that fiio amps and the cmoy bb don't pair very nicely.

Worst case scenario is that sound won't improve I guess.

 

Weird though your amp with good specs don't pair nicely with the C3.
I might need to read more into the subject of "synergy".

 

With what iems or headphones do you use your C3 with? And do you use the C&C BH?

That's really strange as the C3 I have works perfectly well with my E11 and E17 which are both very flat amplifiers that have no hiss. I have also run this combination through every pair of headphones and earphones I own. I have also tried all combinations directly from the C3 as well as amped. I guess I'll have to pick up a C&C as well and read about "Synergy" too. Even plugging the C3 into the E09K to drive my DT880 Pro's sounds great.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2
post #1392 of 2351
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollDragon View Post

That's really strange as the C3 I have works perfectly well with my E11 and E17 which are both very flat amplifiers that have no hiss. I have also run this combination through every pair of headphones and earphones I own. I have also tried all combinations directly from the C3 as well as amped. I guess I'll have to pick up a C&C as well and read about "Synergy" too. Even plugging the C3 into the E09K to drive my DT880 Pro's sounds great.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2
Well if you pick up the cc bh please report back your findings. I am planning to get one too, but that won't happen for another month. Still feeling the hole in my wallet burnt by my new sennheiser headphone and just bought c3 too smily_headphones1.gif.
post #1393 of 2351
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollDragon View Post


That's really strange as the C3 I have works perfectly well with my E11 and E17 which are both very flat amplifiers that have no hiss. I have also run this combination through every pair of headphones and earphones I own. I have also tried all combinations directly from the C3 as well as amped. I guess I'll have to pick up a C&C as well and read about "Synergy" too. Even plugging the C3 into the E09K to drive my DT880 Pro's sounds great.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

+1

 

it all depends on what you like and to know this you have to listen. some people felt happy with Fiio and others went BH.

mind this E12 was getting fairly good responses and BH is well known as having great synergies with C3 (i own this pair).

mind this it all depends on the size of your wallet, you can always opt for C5 or T1 if money not an issue.

the major rule is for every wallet you can find a nice portable setup without the need to spend thousands. my personal conclusion was C3+BH+H200 = best budget setup without breaking a bank :-D

post #1394 of 2351
If you're not rich the H-200 can crap on your wallet all by itself tho.
post #1395 of 2351

I can't seem to find a review of this dap in this forum. The only one that was a review was deleted. Anyone have a link to a full review?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Colorfly C3 Discussion Thread