Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Colorfly C3 Appreciation and Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Colorfly C3 Appreciation and Discussion Thread - Page 20

post #286 of 2176
 

Just for sharing.

 

I found there are several of noise filter/isolator being sold in ebay/amazon.

I'm not sure if it can futher improve the source from headphone out if "double amp" is necessary.

 

1) Pyle PLGI35T 3.5 mm/1/8-Inch Stereo Audio Ground Loop Isolator

2) PAC Ground Loop Isolator for 3.5 MM (approx. $11)

3) Kensington Noise Reducing Car Audio AUX (approx. $12)

4) JB.lab NF35 - 3.5mm Ground Loop Isolator Noise Filter (approx. $15)

 

Pyle PLGI35T 3.5 mm/1/8-Inch Stereo Audio Ground Loop Isolator416ZLyfET8L._SS500_.jpg
 
 

 

 
 
 
$(KGrHqR,!j!F!eQkRZhUBQR+QS1TRQ~~60_35.JPG
 

Edited by cyberalpha11 - 1/12/13 at 4:26pm
post #287 of 2176
I got some earphones in today which I've had before owning C3 however, these Kilpsch X10 pair particularly well for me with Colorfly C3. Good bass, airy, decent width and detailing levels. Probably one of the nicest pairings I've heard so far.
post #288 of 2176

I got my C3 today. I can call myself a noob in audio, but I'll post my first impressions - 2h of use.

 

I bought it from bigbargains on ebay. It came very well packed. The box it comes in is very nice imo and looks professional. The device came with a thin protector screen. Mine was quite sratched. Which made me think it was used before. Cannot know for sure. There were also a few songs on the device (lady gaga, jay z, radio stuff). A bit weird as I was expecting to be empty. :) Anyway...these doesn't bother me too much as long as the player is not defect and it works properly. I really like the look and the feel of it.

 

Regarding UI, I got used with it in the first 10min. I really don't understand people who complain about it. It has everything I need, it's simple, with no complex-useless features. The buttons are indeed a bit tricky and sometimes seem not to work as you wish, but I guess I have to get used...maybe press a bit harder. Connecting to PC and moving FLACs on it worked flawlessly. Player read everything on it. I am very pleased.

 

Sound...well, I don't know how to describe, as I didn't make reviews. Shortly, I would describe it as CLEAN. My very first impression when I played the first song was quite a good one. I was liking what I was hearing (and still am :) ). I am using AKG K518le, which are considered bass heavy. I think the combination is quite good. The player is slightly bright or maybe this is my first impression coming from an iRiver Spinn. I have to admit though, that when I compare them side to side, same FLAC songs...they sound pretty similar. I was expecting slightly more difference though. I'm talking for both with neutral EQ. I haven't compared them with other EQ. C3's sound is slightly cleaner and more detailed, but improvement is not huge. I changed to rock settings and the sound is a lot different, but I haven't analyzed it more. Will do later. I find it a bit better, but the highs are too harsh and loud for me. Otherwise, by a quick skip through all the EQ settings they sound quite different, compared to what someone said that there's no much difference.

 

Well...that's it for the moment. I don't have any other things in mind that should be said. Maybe I would have liked A BIT more bass, but I have to check also other settings first.

 

Short conclusion....Great little device!


Edited by pablobaluba - 1/15/13 at 1:17pm
post #289 of 2176
Quote:
Originally Posted by pablobaluba View Post

I got my C3 today. I can call myself a noob in audio, but I'll post my first impressions - 2h of use.

I bought it from bigbargains on ebay. It came very well packed. The box it comes in is very nice imo and looks professional. The device came with a thin protector screen. Mine was quite sratched. Which made me think it was used before. Cannot know for sure. There were also a few songs on the device (lady gaga, jay z, radio stuff). A bit weird as I was expecting to be empty. smily_headphones1.gif Anyway...these doesn't bother me too much as long as the player is not defect and it works properly. I really like the look and the feel of it.

Regarding UI, I got used with it in the first 10min. I really don't understand people who complain about it. It has everything I need, it's simple, with no complex-useless features. The buttons are indeed a bit tricky and sometimes seem not to work as you wish, but I guess I have to get used...maybe press a bit harder. Connecting to PC and moving FLACs on it worked flawlessly. Player read everything on it. I am very pleased.

Sound...well, I don't know how to describe, as I didn't make reviews. Shortly, I would describe it as CLEAN. My very first impression when I played the first song was quite a good one. I was liking what I was hearing (and still am smily_headphones1.gif ). I am using AKG K518le, which are considered bass heavy. I think the combination is quite good. The player is slightly bright or maybe this is my first impression coming from an iRiver Spinn. I have to admit though, that when I compare them side to side, same FLAC songs...they sound pretty similar. I was expecting slightly more difference though. I'm talking for both with neutral EQ. I haven't compared them with other EQ. C3's sound is slightly cleaner and more detailed, but improvement is not huge. I changed to rock settings and the sound is a lot different, but I haven't analyzed it more. Will do later. I find it a bit better, but the highs are too harsh and loud for me. Otherwise, by a quick skip through all the EQ settings they sound quite different, compared to what someone said that there's no much difference.

Well...that's it for the moment. I don't have any other things in mind that should be said. Maybe I would have liked A BIT more bass, but I have to check also other settings first.

Short conclusion....Great little device!

Maybe yours was used by someone previously and the music was still left on it ahaha smily_headphones1.gif

Yeah I thought the UI was pretty bad in my opinion and takes some getting used to and its very fiddly, Im not that bothered though the sound quality makes up for it

I thought the eq presets sounded very different, the rock one being my favourite because I thought the normal one was too recessed in the highs plus the rock one suits most of my music.
post #290 of 2176
Quote:

Originally Posted by pablobaluba View Post

 

<snipped>...

I bought it from bigbargains on ebay. It came very well packed.

The device came with a thin protector screen. Mine was quite sratched.

There were also a few songs on the device (lady gaga, jay z, radio stuff).

 

Mine was exactly the same, bought from bigbargains online, protector scratched up, same songs.

Did you get that neat little Apple A1265 like adapter...

 

 

You know the one "Designed by Abble in California" biggrin.gif

 

 

Too fine...

post #291 of 2176

Haha, yes, exactly the same! :)

 

Regarding EQ, I'm undecided yet. Rock's highs seems a bit harsh to me. I think I would liked a bit more bass though. Or maybe I was used to my old iRiver which didn't have this clarity. Maybe in a week of listening I will appreciate this sound even more.

post #292 of 2176
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollDragon View Post

Mine was exactly the same, bought from bigbargains online, protector scratched up, same songs.

Did you get that neat little Apple A1265 like adapter...

 

You know the one "Designed by Abble in California" biggrin.gif

 

I got it but mine is super "genuine" as it says Apple and not Abble LOL

post #293 of 2176

I also bought from bigbargainonline last week and I am still waiting. I hope I get it this week.

post #294 of 2176
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post

I got some earphones in today which I've had before owning C3 however, these Kilpsch X10 pair particularly well for me with Colorfly C3. Good bass, airy, decent width and detailing levels. Probably one of the nicest pairings I've heard so far.

I'm jelly for your Ck4
post #295 of 2176
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveTan View Post

I'm jelly for your Ck4

lol CK4+ performs best from it's line out, I was about to sell it before then. I couldn't really call it portable either, it's rather awkward.

You'd get some weird looks carrying this rig down the street in your hand and it has a few issues lol. We have a thread of bugs and problems.



Take advantage of the line out cures bass roll -off and solves the internal / external storage differences, so amping is where it's at with this player. wink.gif
Edited by H20Fidelity - 1/18/13 at 9:33pm
post #296 of 2176
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post


lol CK4+ performs best from it's line out, I was about to sell it before then. I couldn't really call it portable either, it's rather awkward.

You'd get some weird looks carrying this rig down the street in your hand and it has a few issues lol. We have a thread of bugs and problems.



Take advantage of the line out cures bass roll -off and solves the internal / external storage differences, so amping is where it's at with this player. wink.gif

Really want a Colorfly C4, although it's out of my budget. I'll have the Colorfly C4 and the Frogbeats C4 CIEMs :). "Oh, don't mind me, I'll just be listening through my C4s with my C4s XD"

post #297 of 2176

I think on my Colorfly C3 the Jazz EQ is switched with the Rock one. At least this is how it sounds to my ears.

On all players and devices I used, I was using the Rock settings and never liked Jazz. Here is the opposite. Is this the same for anyone else?

post #298 of 2176
Hey guys. What should i do? My c3 wouldnt turn on, and it is not recognised as a usb device by my laptop.
post #299 of 2176
Quote:
Originally Posted by pablobaluba View Post

I think on my Colorfly C3 the Jazz EQ is switched with the Rock one. At least this is how it sounds to my ears.
On all players and devices I used, I was using the Rock settings and never liked Jazz. Here is the opposite. Is this the same for anyone else?

Yep same here Ive come to actually prefer Jazz on my C3, at first I liked Rock but the bass was just lacking and the highs were too harsh so I switched to Jazz and loved it because its the most balanced of the EQ settings, its got just the right amount of high, mid and bass for me on my HD598.
post #300 of 2176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Typ500 View Post

Hey guys. What should i do? My c3 wouldnt turn on, and it is not recognised as a usb device by my laptop.

Press the reset button above the headphone jack (you will need a pin)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Colorfly C3 Appreciation and Discussion Thread