Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Colorfly C3 Appreciation and Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Colorfly C3 Appreciation and Discussion Thread - Page 17

post #241 of 2130
That little C3 is just amazing, powers up the Porta Pro's like a champ.
Loaded up the TRON Legacy OST while shovelling tonight and set the EQ to bass. Very Nice!

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2
post #242 of 2130
Yep, same with my Sony MDR-V6 get's them roaring pretty well for sure.

Easily my favourite player straight from the headphone out.
post #243 of 2130

1000

biggrin.gif beerchug.gif biggrin.gif

post #244 of 2130

So I somehow ordered the Rockit R-50 instead of the RE0 or H100.

 

Now I wanna know will it be better to get a C3 for about $115(4gb with shipping) or it will be better to get a clip+($50 including shipping) to drive the R50? Maybe the R50 will need an amp with the clip+?
 

post #245 of 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGood View Post

So I somehow ordered the Rockit R-50 instead of the RE0 or H100.

Now I wanna know will it be better to get a C3 for about $115(4gb with shipping) or it will be better to get a clip+($50 including shipping) to drive the R50? Maybe the R50 will need an amp with the clip+?

From what I hear Rockit R-50 are a nice IEM, I am very tempted to try them actually, because I feel they will pair nicely with the C3. bassically dude in this situation , you get what you pay for. You can get the $30 dap or $100 dap that competes with my $200 Hifiman HM-601 and even excels in soundtstage width, separation and neutral presentation. If you want neutral C3 is the best choice .

I have the Clip here C3 eats it alive IMO.
Edited by H20Fidelity - 1/7/13 at 12:52am
post #246 of 2130

Which one you have H2O? the 8gig or 4 gig one? You don't have that external/internal sound quality problem like the CK4?

I'm really wondering how will the screen and navigation be like on the c3? The screen is smaller than that of the clip+.

post #247 of 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGood View Post

Which one you have H2O? the 8gig or 4 gig one? You don't have that external/internal sound quality problem like the CK4?
I'm really wondering how will the screen and navigation be like on the c3? The screen is smaller than that of the clip+.

I have the 4GB model, The internal and external issue is not a problem with C3 100%. sure on that, don't let that worry you. There is a video here of the UI in action. Yes the screen is small and sometimes the folder titles scroll backwards. biggrin.gif Honestly for me it's easy to run around. Most people who buy one turn up and say I can't use it! I don't understand! for a couple of posts then we don't hear from them again, because they worked it out. I've seen that happen many times.

One my main concerns when buying was using the small screen with 32GB of FLAC files. I can scroll through 32GB of FLAC folders in around 9 seconds, because the scrolling speeds up as you hold the search key. though once it arrived it took me all about 10 minutes to adjust. Others take a few hours, others a few days, and usually always the sound quality wins them over anyway.

Sorry, here's the UI video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8g2Jr45QHWk
post #248 of 2130

So finally I pulled the trigger on these. Bought them off ebay from bigbargainsonline. For now, I'll stop reading more reviews on other players. I just hope they'll pair well with the Rock-IT R-50 Iems and I'll have some quality time with this combo :D

post #249 of 2130

Hi Guys, I got a a C3 before xmas from bigbargainonline to replace a broken Creative Labs Zen V (circa 2006).

It came with some HiSoundAudio PAA-1 headphones which are supposedly "audiophile" quality but I can't say I've noticed. I prefer my old Sony ones (model number unknown) which are over 10 years old - they came bundled with my old MD walkman (gathering dust in a box somewhere) - and I've used on my Zen for 6 years. I like the cabling on the PAA-1 - not so tangly - but they just don't sound as "rich" as the old Sony's. I must find out the model no.

 

Anyway, my thoughts on the C3...

 

First, as mentioned elsewhere on this thread, there is a thin polythene screen protector which scratches REALLY easily. I don't think it's meant to be permanent but I replaced mine with a Vikuiti ADQC27 Screen Protector for Colorfly C3 (ebay) - not sure if it's necessary but just in case...

 

Talking of scratches, the C3's UI doesn't come up to scratch compared to the Zen V (it's easy enough to use but not AS easy as the Zen). The touch sensitive buttons can be a bit fussy at times. It is annoying when you select a song, pop it back in your jacket pocket and because of the sensitivity of the damned thing it selects a different one (or changes the volume).

 

The EQ presets are OK but I don't think there's much between them (except that "jazz" seems to shout at you and "bass" is well, just lots of bass...).

 

You can DEFINITELY tell the difference between an MP3 and a high bitrate WMA which is something not so easy to do on the Zen. I think this suggests...well I'm not sure what it suggests but it suggests SOMETHING....alright? It's a struggle - for me anyway - to tell the difference between a good WMA and a FLAC but I think I just need better phones. Oh, and being 25 years younger woulnd't do me any harm either...

 

PROBLEM 1: Has anybody had the problem of only being able to turn the volume DOWN (if you get this, press the menu button, press a few random buttons, then you can turn the volume up OK.) Not sure if this is a bug in the firmware, a faulty C3, my fingers or the screen protector interfering.

 

PROBLEM 2: I installed a 16gb SDHC card (class 10 works fine) but it just fell out while I was testing it out in my house. I've placed some sellotape over it to prevent this happening in future but it shouldn't just fall out right? Anybody else have this problem

 

SUMMARY: C3 for sound, Zen for design and usability. Colorfly's website sucks.

post #250 of 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnsey123 View Post

PROBLEM 1: Has anybody had the problem of only being able to turn the volume DOWN (if you get this, press the menu button, press a few random buttons, then you can turn the volume up OK.) Not sure if this is a bug in the firmware, a faulty C3, my fingers or the screen protector interfering.

 

Not had this problem.

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by barnsey123 View Post

PROBLEM 2: I installed a 16gb SDHC card (class 10 works fine) but it just fell out while I was testing it out in my house. I've placed some sellotape over it to prevent this happening in future but it shouldn't just fall out right? Anybody else have this problem

 

Push the SD card in further, it should click to show that it's fully in.

post #251 of 2130
If the keypad becomes unresponsive you need wipe the keypad over with a cloth, there's one provided in the box. What happens is our fingerprints build up and form a layer over the keypad this makes the screen less responsive, a simple wipe when you finish using it each time will cure the problem. Also, for people having problems with the pads being pressed in their pockets make sure you lock the keypad by following these instructions.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/637417/colorfly-c3-appreciation-and-discussion-thread/165#post_8996564
post #252 of 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGood View Post

So finally I pulled the trigger on these. Bought them off ebay from bigbargainsonline. For now, I'll stop reading more reviews on other players. I just hope they'll pair well with the Rock-IT R-50 Iems and I'll have some quality time with this combo biggrin.gif

I couldn't help myself, being so curious I have also ordered the Rockit R-50. I should have them soon. cool.gif


Lets see how it goes with C3.
post #253 of 2130

Yep, I'm pretty excited about it :D Btw from where you ordered your Rockit R-50? I ordered it from their site two days ago and they haven't shipped it yet.
 

post #254 of 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGood View Post

Yep, I'm pretty excited about it biggrin.gif Btw from where you ordered your Rockit R-50? I ordered it from their site two days ago and they haven't shipped it yet.

I ordered from a site in Australia, it's $10 more but I should "would of" had it this week, but we've run into a problem completing the payment request via paypal. They've now told me they're going to try and get it sorted by Friday? I don't know.....Need to speak to "Billy" rolleyes.gif
post #255 of 2130
I'm getting problems now from my C3. Sometimes buttons won't register and at other times, they'd randomly register causing havok on my experience. For example, one time the back button kept registering making it impossible to restart or change music. Nowadays, it also bricks up sometimes and i have to manually reset it with the pinhole. Although, i can't really blame the device, I did buy it used... Oh well...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Colorfly C3 Appreciation and Discussion Thread