Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Colorfly C3 Appreciation and Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Colorfly C3 Appreciation and Discussion Thread - Page 117

post #1741 of 2123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barra View Post
 

I can only speak to the BH2 which seems to be the going favorite. It pairs nicely with the C3 keeping the C3 signature, but adding authority, slam, and a richness. It drives my TF10s, HD595s, and my CIEMs plus even my harder to drive LCD2s very well. However, the BH2 is tiny, has 80 hours battery life, and matches the C3 perfectly in size keeping the combo very compact and easily portable.

 

 

+1. C3 & BH/BH2 is a wonderful pairing. I haven't tried the C3 with the E11 yet (I should one of these days). I do often use the C3+E12 with open headphones and that sounds awesome, but the sizes are quite mismatched.

post #1742 of 2123

Still waiting for my c3 to arrive :/

post #1743 of 2123
Quote:
Originally Posted by starcraft2 View Post

I don´t like very much this players menus and the way it shows folders and musics. If the name of the folder is big it shows only the begginig and we need to way for the marquee to come... Very bad. Rockbox whould be great

Apart from this I need an amp to this beauty. I am considering the SMSL, C&C BH and Fiio e11.

Anyone tried them all?

I will pair them with sennheiser px200, hd 598 and probably a new pair of IEMs.

I'm using my C3 with an iBasso PB1 with great success. And you can take advantage of balanced output for harder to drive full size headphone like HD580 in my case.
post #1744 of 2123

C3 + BH + KEF M500 = Wow.

post #1745 of 2123
So, I ordered a CC BH.

I hope the improvement to be good.

I will keep my px 200 as they isolate very well and sound very good. I think its hard for an IEM to match these.




Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
post #1746 of 2123
Quote:
Originally Posted by starcraft2 View Post

So, I ordered a CC BH.

I hope the improvement to be good.

I will keep my px 200 as they isolate very well and sound very good. I think its hard for an IEM to match these.




Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

 

You're in for a treat when you hook that baby up to the C3.

post #1747 of 2123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidmaven View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by starcraft2 View Post

So, I ordered a CC BH.

I hope the improvement to be good.

I will keep my px 200 as they isolate very well and sound very good. I think its hard for an IEM to match these.




Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

 

You're in for a treat when you hook that baby up to the C3.


Hope so! Can wait to try them on the hd598 at home.

If it gets really exciting I might get a pair of IEMs.

As I said the only think i dislike on the c3 are the slow menus. Apart from that, perfect.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
post #1748 of 2123
Quote:
Originally Posted by starcraft2 View Post


Hope so! Can wait to try them on the hd598 at home.

If it gets really exciting I might get a pair of IEMs.

As I said the only think i dislike on the c3 are the slow menus. Apart from that, perfect.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

 

Unless you pay at least 2x the price you can't better SQ IMHO. I can deal with it's quirkyness for that.

post #1749 of 2123

Have had the c3 for a couple of weeks and it is great. I love everything about it apart from the buttons sometimes dont respond and can be frustrating.

 

But i have a question, and although i have read a lot of the posts, i admit i haven't read all 117 pages, so apologies if this has been asked already.

 

Can someone recommend good in ear phones which require no amp.

 

at night i use akg k50 which sound good and when I'm out and about i have some shure e2c which i dont really like. i find them not particularly comfortable and the sound is a bit washed out. 

 

I also have a pair of akg q701 which i use for my mac/dac/smsl amp and i have tested that amp on the c3 and the sound was amazing.

 

budget is around 100 uk pounds.

 

cheers

post #1750 of 2123
Quote:
Originally Posted by HHRC View Post
 

Have had the c3 for a couple of weeks and it is great. I love everything about it apart from the buttons sometimes dont respond and can be frustrating.

 

But i have a question, and although i have read a lot of the posts, i admit i haven't read all 117 pages, so apologies if this has been asked already.

 

Can someone recommend good in ear phones which require no amp.

 

at night i use akg k50 which sound good and when I'm out and about i have some shure e2c which i dont really like. i find them not particularly comfortable and the sound is a bit washed out. 

 

I also have a pair of akg q701 which i use for my mac/dac/smsl amp and i have tested that amp on the c3 and the sound was amazing.

 

budget is around 100 uk pounds.

 

cheers

ATH M50  are around that price and well recommended. several reviews are available so you can read-up on

regards

post #1751 of 2123
Quote:
Originally Posted by HHRC View Post

Have had the c3 for a couple of weeks and it is great. I love everything about it apart from the buttons sometimes dont respond and can be frustrating.

But i have a question, and although i have read a lot of the posts, i admit i haven't read all 117 pages, so apologies if this has been asked already.

Can someone recommend good in ear phones which require no amp.

at night i use akg k50 which sound good and when I'm out and about i have some shure e2c which i dont really like. i find them not particularly comfortable and the sound is a bit washed out. 

I also have a pair of akg q701 which i use for my mac/dac/smsl amp and i have tested that amp on the c3 and the sound was amazing.

budget is around 100 uk pounds.

cheers

I use Sony ex800st and they sound very good with the C3. I also like the Ortofon EQ5. The C3 has enough power for most IEM IMO.
post #1752 of 2123

still no comparison on c3 + c&c bh vs fiio x3 ? :( im deciding to go with this , the x3 or the dx50. 

post #1753 of 2123
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiohurric4ne View Post
 

still no comparison on c3 + c&c bh vs fiio x3 ? :( im deciding to go with this , the x3 or the dx50. 

 

If you can wait another week or so I can compare C3 / BH and DX50, I would think the iBasso should have it beaten though.....

post #1754 of 2123

Thanks but the M50s are not in ear. I want these for walking and want in ear phones that are better than the shure e2c.

post #1755 of 2123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinster View Post


I use Sony ex800st and they sound very good with the C3. I also like the Ortofon EQ5. The C3 has enough power for most IEM IMO.

 

Can you send me any links where they retail for £100?

 

Thanks

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Colorfly C3 Appreciation and Discussion Thread