Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Colorfly C3 Appreciation and Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Colorfly C3 Appreciation and Discussion Thread - Page 74

post #1096 of 2199

I just got a different pair of headphones, the Rockit Sounds R-50, and I can say that, as with the Hf5s, they pair very well with the C3.

 

I still have to get the BH that many here say pairs well with the C3...

post #1097 of 2199
Looking forward to trying my Porta Pro's with the C3 as I find the C3 with the BH to be a bit lacking in the low low's.
post #1098 of 2199
Helmet, what earphones you using now?
post #1099 of 2199
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintaras View Post

Helmet, what earphones you using now?

I have the Porta Pro's , HD25's, DT700 (which I will be selling), ATH M50 ( which I may sell as well).  Also considering getting the TF 10's.  I had to return my C3 due to scratches on the screen when I got it (what a fiasco).  A new one is on its way however, two and a half grueling weeks later.

post #1100 of 2199
Helmet, i fully endorse TF10 with C3, i recently got a used TF10 with silver cable and so far find it sounding great with C3 even unamped... simply happy marriage :-D thanks to H20 for tipping me on TF.

As regards scratches have you inspected the screen carefully because that could be protective screen foil which you could easily remove if did not like. I got similar with protective film having light scratches but so far i decided to keep this as it is because i asked seller to attach screen protector before sending ... Do not know about yours but could be well the case too.
post #1101 of 2199
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintaras View Post

Helmet, i fully endorse TF10 with C3, i recently got a used TF10 with silver cable and so far find it sounding great with C3 even unamped... simply happy marriage :-D thanks to H20 for tipping me on TF.

As regards scratches have you inspected the screen carefully because that could be protective screen foil which you could easily remove if did not like. I got similar with protective film having light scratches but so far i decided to keep this as it is because i asked seller to attach screen protector before sending ... Do not know about yours but could be well the case too.

Thanks for the TF 10 endorsement Gintaras.  I will probably pull the trigger on those.

 

As far as the protective film, I did take it off.  The scratches were very fine, but for a new unit it is unacceptable.  Anyway by next week this time I should have it, hopefully with no scratches.smile.gif

post #1102 of 2199

 C3 & The Amazing Porta Pro's!

1000

 

post #1103 of 2199

Another pairing with excellent synergy... biggrin.gif

 

post #1104 of 2199

UE TF10's are wonderful.  They sounded good with my iPhone 4 and they sounded better with my C3 and they sound even better with the C3/BH combo.  I don't want disco bass, but if I want boom boom I can just hit the Gain switch and.... boom boom.  (I like my music with really transparent mids and non-hissy highs, with a nice bass support that's there without being, well, THERE.)

post #1105 of 2199
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollDragon View Post

 C3 & The Amazing Porta Pro's!

1000

 

Please give some detailed impressions on this pairing, as I thought it would be a great pairing also.

 

By the Way mine has been recabled with Mogami wire.


Edited by Dark Helmet - 4/17/13 at 3:38pm
post #1106 of 2199

Hey Dark Helmet!

 

My Porta Pro's are just stock and to be honest haven't been out of their pouch in quite a while...

So I took the iPod nano 2nd Gen and the C3 out on the deck tonight to compare them both with the PP's. The same music was loaded on both players to make comparison easier all in V0 320K MP3 format. My C3 has all FLAC's on it and I didn't want to convert the FLAC files over to ALAC as they were 24/48 and I wasn't sure how they would convert down to 16/44.1 so the MP3 format is the common ground.

 

I have recently picked up the JVC HA-S500 CNT headphone when the hype train rolled through town, the S500 is an amazing little can just like the Porta Pro's are, possibly the reason why the PP's have not been getting much love this past little while. biggrin.gif

 

When I got the C3 & PP's I was on an Infected Mushroom kick at the time, so I loaded up the C3 with Vicious Delicious, Legend of the Black Shawarma & Army of Mushrooms

 and the Bass from the PP's was amazing for the size of them, with C3 volume around 33/40 when the psytrance is playing. basshead.gif

 

Tonight I put Metallica's self titled album otherwise known as The Black Album on the nano and C3. The Porta Pro's sounded thin on the nano, the bass drum from "Sad But True" was there but had no quality or thump. The guitar intro on "The Unforgiven" sounded hollow and Hetfields iconic vocals on "Holier Than Thou" just didn't do it for me. I plugged the PP's into the C3 and fired up the same tracks, the drums were back, the guitar intro sounded like it was there on the deck with me and the "Holier than Thou-hou, You Are!" was there in all it's glory.

 

I also tested the Porta Pro's with my E11 & E17 driven by the C3, EQ 1 on the E11 or Bass  +4 on the E17. I find the bass boost on these little amps really fills in the sound of the PP's. They are a bass headphone to start with but amping adds that little bit more that the C3 does not provide on it's own with the basically  unuseable EQ settings.

 

Then I tested the S500's with the C3 and the E11 / E17 and same tracks, much nicer than the PP's, bass is richer and deeper with out drowning out the mids. Then again these are a closed back headphone with a 40mm driver vs a 30mm one.

 

Hope that is what you were looking for Dark Helmet, no "Audiophile Jargon" I am still learning to speak / understand it... biggrin.gif

 

In my opinion most headphones will benefit from the C3 being amped through a FiiO or C&C amplifier.

beerchug.gif 

post #1107 of 2199
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollDragon View Post

Hey Dark Helmet!

My Porta Pro's are just stock and to be honest haven't been out of their pouch in quite a while...
So I took the iPod nano 2nd Gen and the C3 out on the deck tonight to compare them both with the PP's. The same music was loaded on both players to make comparison easier all in V0 320K MP3 format. My C3 has all FLAC's on it and I didn't want to convert the FLAC files over to ALAC as they were 24/48 and I wasn't sure how they would convert down to 16/44.1 so the MP3 format is the common ground.

I have recently picked up the JVC HA-S500 CNT headphone when the hype train rolled through town, the S500 is an amazing little can just like the Porta Pro's are, possibly the reason why the PP's have not been getting much love this past little while. biggrin.gif

When I got the C3 & PP's I was on an Infected Mushroom kick at the time, so I loaded up the C3 with Vicious Delicious, Legend of the Black Shawarma & Army of Mushrooms
 and the Bass from the PP's was amazing for the size of them, with C3 volume around 33/40 when the psytrance is playing. basshead.gif

Tonight I put Metallica's self titled album otherwise known as The Black Album on the nano and C3. The Porta Pro's sounded thin on the nano, the bass drum from "Sad But True" was there but had no quality or thump. The guitar intro on "The Unforgiven" sounded hollow and Hetfields iconic vocals on "Holier Than Thou" just didn't do it for me. I plugged the PP's into the C3 and fired up the same tracks, the drums were back, the guitar intro sounded like it was there on the deck with me and the "Holier than Thou-hou, You Are!" was there in all it's glory.

I also tested the Porta Pro's with my E11 & E17 driven by the C3, EQ 1 on the E11 or Bass  +4 on the E17. I find the bass boost on these little amps really fills in the sound of the PP's. They are a bass headphone to start with but amping adds that little bit more that the C3 does not provide on it's own with the basically  unuseable EQ settings.

Then I tested the S500's with the C3 and the E11 / E17 and same tracks, much nicer than the PP's, bass is richer and deeper with out drowning out the mids. Then again these are a closed back headphone with a 40mm driver vs a 30mm one.

Hope that is what you were looking for Dark Helmet, no "Audiophile Jargon" I am still learning to speak / understand it... biggrin.gif

In my opinion most headphones will benefit from the C3 being amped through a FiiO or C&C amplifier.
beerchug.gif  

Thanks TD that's what I was looking for. I got the PP's thinking they would be a good match for the C3 and my BH.
post #1108 of 2199

FYI: i find TF10 particularly benefiting from C3 midcentric presentation, really a good match here.

post #1109 of 2199
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintaras View Post

FYI: i find TF10 particularly benefiting from C3 midcentric presentation, really a good match here.

Thanks Gintaras the TF 10's are on their way.
post #1110 of 2199

Its a pain to insert my TF10 into my ear canal too big LOL.

frown.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Colorfly C3 Appreciation and Discussion Thread