I want to have an amplifier for my Audeze LCD-3,and I think WA22 is really good -looking and love it very much,but I'm confused that whether WA55 could work well with LCD-3? The output of WA22 is only 1.5W at 32ohm.Please give me some suggestions.Thank you!
- productWoo Audio WA22tagged by System, 3/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- Done with tube amps and anxiously waiting for the replacement to arrive Last post on 5/10/14 at 6:46pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- HELP! Suggestions for Sennheiser HD800 - HDVD800 or WA22? Last post on 4/15/14 at 8:21pm in High-end Audio Forum
- looking for balanced cable for my HD800 Last post on 2/12/14 at 5:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Newbie question. Woo wa2 or Schitt Lyar ? Last post on 12/20/13 at 6:07am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Dubstep Girl's Massive 5AR4/5R4/5U4G Rectifier Review/Comparison! (Rectifer Tube Rolling... Last post on Yesterday at 10:37 pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Warm sound, good mid, great price Easy to drive compare with other studio headphone, there is shouldn't be too much complaint consider this headphone now only retail about $70 and sound really...
So the Pan Am from ALO Audio. This little guy is pretty dang impressive. An excellently-built, functioning desktop solution that is pretty easy on the eyes too! For the record, I've got the whole...
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
Thanks to Greed for a 10-day loan of his Ref 1 set, which I fully burnt-in and auditioned. This set had the uber cable. Super Brief Review (it's all just what my ears heard, if you love your Ref 1...
This review is going to be updated once I receive a balanced cable and use this amp in balanced operation. I figured this amp needed a proper review on here, and there is a lot of good stuff to say...
Could Woo audio WA22 work well with Audeze lcd-3?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I used to own the WA22 and absolutely the WA22 can drive the LCD-3s very, very well. A highly recommended combination! But that said, the tube compliment needs to be set "just right" for them. Here are my favourite LCD-3s tubes with the WA22:
Rectifier: 5U4G EML Mesh Plate
Drivers: 5692 Brown Base Sylvanias (RCA Red bas if you can swing them)
Power Tubes: TS7236
The WA22 and especially the WA5 would smoke any LD amp that I've heard.
I will be getting a WA22 soon just for modding so I will see how it will compare to my LD MK VI.
Waiting on the comparison.....
Why is the WA5 (I have the WA5LE) said to be 'not so ideal' when paired with Audeze headphones? I'm not playing devils advocate here, but I'm genuinely interested. Don't have chance to audition a pair of the LCD3's - which I am interested in getting hold of - so it's really important to me that I don't make a fundamental cockup of this type of expense before I decide on a phone.
A similar point was made in the WA5 review here about Audeze suitability http://www.headfonia.com/true-beauty-wooaudio-wa5-headphone-amplifier/
On the flip side, I know that Jack Woo sells the LCD 3 and states the phones are specifically 'Recommended to pair with Woo Audio WA6-SE, WA22, and WA5-LE headphone amplifiers'
And from my knowledge of the amp over a number of years with the K1000, I'd guess it is one of the most liquid sounding (yet still exciting) pieces of headphone amplification out there. So I'm scratching my head a little to think of a headphone and amp, both very highly rated, that somehow lead to crushing disappointment.
As of now I'm officially stuck wondering what whether to take a plunge on T1's, HD800's or LCD3's to go with the K1000's. Love an immersive soundstage and detail, but want to add some more bass presence to what is otherwise a musically lovely and non-fatiguing sound from the WA5LE and Stefan Audio K1000s.
Solude - did you hear the combination that you are referring to - i.e. WA5 and LCD3?
Thanks - John
Did not hear it for a couple of reasons. Price, warnings from a technical standpoint, poor reviews and that the WA5 would crush my desk ;) Push pull amps just handle the orthos better.
The WA5 and HD800 would be great though.
- Could Woo audio WA22 work well with Audeze lcd-3?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM 5 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 23 seconds ago
- › Best $300 Headphones 1 minute ago
- › The best full-sized- sub 60$? 1 minute ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT250 Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and... 3 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › FS : HRT Microstreamer 7 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 8 minutes ago
- › Official Metro Detroit 2014 Meet/Party/Get-Together 9/20/2014... 8 minutes ago
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Crystal by MEElectronics In-Ear Headphones with Microphone Made... by indieman
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)