I want to have an amplifier for my Audeze LCD-3,and I think WA22 is really good -looking and love it very much,but I'm confused that whether WA55 could work well with LCD-3? The output of WA22 is only 1.5W at 32ohm.Please give me some suggestions.Thank you!
- productWoo Audio WA22tagged by System, 3/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- Done with tube amps and anxiously waiting for the replacement to arrive Last post on 5/10/14 at 6:46pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- HELP! Suggestions for Sennheiser HD800 - HDVD800 or WA22? Last post on 4/15/14 at 8:21pm in High-end Audio Forum
- looking for balanced cable for my HD800 Last post on 2/12/14 at 5:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Newbie question. Woo wa2 or Schitt Lyar ? Last post on 12/20/13 at 6:07am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Dubstep Girl's Massive 5AR4/5R4/5U4G Rectifier Review/Comparison! (Rectifer Tube Rolling... Last post on 6/29/14 at 7:17am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
I was provided a review sample and appreciate the generosity and opportunity to listen and review the Brainwavz S5. I've owned many Brainwavz earphones ranging from the Beta through the B2...
Got a good local deal on these as the are being replaced by the SoundTrue variant, which as far as I can tell, only adds a case and different colors. The Bose AE2 are a very lightweight...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Could Woo audio WA22 work well with Audeze lcd-3?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I used to own the WA22 and absolutely the WA22 can drive the LCD-3s very, very well. A highly recommended combination! But that said, the tube compliment needs to be set "just right" for them. Here are my favourite LCD-3s tubes with the WA22:
Rectifier: 5U4G EML Mesh Plate
Drivers: 5692 Brown Base Sylvanias (RCA Red bas if you can swing them)
Power Tubes: TS7236
The WA22 and especially the WA5 would smoke any LD amp that I've heard.
I will be getting a WA22 soon just for modding so I will see how it will compare to my LD MK VI.
Waiting on the comparison.....
Why is the WA5 (I have the WA5LE) said to be 'not so ideal' when paired with Audeze headphones? I'm not playing devils advocate here, but I'm genuinely interested. Don't have chance to audition a pair of the LCD3's - which I am interested in getting hold of - so it's really important to me that I don't make a fundamental cockup of this type of expense before I decide on a phone.
A similar point was made in the WA5 review here about Audeze suitability http://www.headfonia.com/true-beauty-wooaudio-wa5-headphone-amplifier/
On the flip side, I know that Jack Woo sells the LCD 3 and states the phones are specifically 'Recommended to pair with Woo Audio WA6-SE, WA22, and WA5-LE headphone amplifiers'
And from my knowledge of the amp over a number of years with the K1000, I'd guess it is one of the most liquid sounding (yet still exciting) pieces of headphone amplification out there. So I'm scratching my head a little to think of a headphone and amp, both very highly rated, that somehow lead to crushing disappointment.
As of now I'm officially stuck wondering what whether to take a plunge on T1's, HD800's or LCD3's to go with the K1000's. Love an immersive soundstage and detail, but want to add some more bass presence to what is otherwise a musically lovely and non-fatiguing sound from the WA5LE and Stefan Audio K1000s.
Solude - did you hear the combination that you are referring to - i.e. WA5 and LCD3?
Thanks - John
Did not hear it for a couple of reasons. Price, warnings from a technical standpoint, poor reviews and that the WA5 would crush my desk ;) Push pull amps just handle the orthos better.
The WA5 and HD800 would be great though.
- Could Woo audio WA22 work well with Audeze lcd-3?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Ear Pads Thread 34 seconds ago
- › What headphones to get? 1 minute ago
- › New to Full size headphones and need helpful advice on choosing a... 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-PRO700MK2 review - Take two... 3 minutes ago
- › Very specific, semi-basshead cans required 3 minutes ago
- › Divine Moments in Music 6 minutes ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 6 minutes ago
- › ALO Pan Am desktop/portable headphone amp/DAC: Impressions and Reviews 6 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 7 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by DannyBai
- › Bose®AE2 audio headphones by Blinxat
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)