I want to have an amplifier for my Audeze LCD-3,and I think WA22 is really good -looking and love it very much,but I'm confused that whether WA55 could work well with LCD-3? The output of WA22 is only 1.5W at 32ohm.Please give me some suggestions.Thank you!
- productWoo Audio WA22tagged by System, 3/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- Headphone Suggestion for WA2 Last post on 11/3/14 at 11:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best tube amp for LCD-3 Last post on 12/3/14 at 6:18pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- tube amp with balanced inputs Last post on 9/30/14 at 9:35pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- 2014 tube amp rankings Last post on 10/1/14 at 5:34pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- el84 vs 6080 tube amps Last post on 8/21/14 at 10:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
The Little Dot line of headphone amps represent what is possible when a Chinese production amp doesn't cut corners on build quality and engineering. This amp has my vote as the best desktop hybrid...
My dac progression has been in the sub 1000.00 range and frankly I doubt I will ever exceed that mark further I find it hard to believe there is anything better in this price range. My musical...
Specifications: Driver: Titanium Diaphgram Dynamic Driver 13mm Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency: 20Hz-30kHz Cable Length: 1.2m Plug: 3.5mm Stere Mini Weight: 18g Comes With: 1...
Hi guys, I spent several hours (more than 40 hours research) to find the best headphone for my budget (under AUD $200). I tried to read as many reviews (mainly the 1-2 stars) as I could to know...
They look cheap. The "silver" plastic is very bad taste. They are also too big to go around, unless you are one of those guys who like to show themselves with headphones bigger than their...
Could Woo audio WA22 work well with Audeze lcd-3?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I used to own the WA22 and absolutely the WA22 can drive the LCD-3s very, very well. A highly recommended combination! But that said, the tube compliment needs to be set "just right" for them. Here are my favourite LCD-3s tubes with the WA22:
Rectifier: 5U4G EML Mesh Plate
Drivers: 5692 Brown Base Sylvanias (RCA Red bas if you can swing them)
Power Tubes: TS7236
The WA22 and especially the WA5 would smoke any LD amp that I've heard.
I will be getting a WA22 soon just for modding so I will see how it will compare to my LD MK VI.
Waiting on the comparison.....
Why is the WA5 (I have the WA5LE) said to be 'not so ideal' when paired with Audeze headphones? I'm not playing devils advocate here, but I'm genuinely interested. Don't have chance to audition a pair of the LCD3's - which I am interested in getting hold of - so it's really important to me that I don't make a fundamental cockup of this type of expense before I decide on a phone.
A similar point was made in the WA5 review here about Audeze suitability http://www.headfonia.com/true-beauty-wooaudio-wa5-headphone-amplifier/
On the flip side, I know that Jack Woo sells the LCD 3 and states the phones are specifically 'Recommended to pair with Woo Audio WA6-SE, WA22, and WA5-LE headphone amplifiers'
And from my knowledge of the amp over a number of years with the K1000, I'd guess it is one of the most liquid sounding (yet still exciting) pieces of headphone amplification out there. So I'm scratching my head a little to think of a headphone and amp, both very highly rated, that somehow lead to crushing disappointment.
As of now I'm officially stuck wondering what whether to take a plunge on T1's, HD800's or LCD3's to go with the K1000's. Love an immersive soundstage and detail, but want to add some more bass presence to what is otherwise a musically lovely and non-fatiguing sound from the WA5LE and Stefan Audio K1000s.
Solude - did you hear the combination that you are referring to - i.e. WA5 and LCD3?
Thanks - John
Did not hear it for a couple of reasons. Price, warnings from a technical standpoint, poor reviews and that the WA5 would crush my desk ;) Push pull amps just handle the orthos better.
The WA5 and HD800 would be great though.
- Could Woo audio WA22 work well with Audeze lcd-3?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Options for high end Silicone CIEM? 3 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2... MicroSD Slot & 33 hours Hi-Res Playback 3 minutes ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 4 minutes ago
- › WOO-HOOOO... WA7 "fireflies"!!! 5 minutes ago
- › TTPOD T2 Hybrid iems 5 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-AD900x Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 5 minutes ago
- › Focal SPIRIT PROFESSIONAL Impressions thread 7 minutes ago
- › Little Dot I+ by Zeejet
- › MHDT labs havana by joespride
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Dsnuts
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by Janos Kardos
- › Sony MDR-10RBT Bluetooth Headphone by Giogio
- › Bose SoundLink On-Ear Bluetooth Headphones - Black by Giogio
- › Harman Kardon BT by Giogio
- › Philips Fidelio M2BT by Giogio
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by cuiter23
- › Bravo Audio Tube Amplifier - V2 by Zeejet
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3