I want to have an amplifier for my Audeze LCD-3,and I think WA22 is really good -looking and love it very much,but I'm confused that whether WA55 could work well with LCD-3? The output of WA22 is only 1.5W at 32ohm.Please give me some suggestions.Thank you!
- productWoo Audio WA22tagged by System, 3/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- Do expensive hybrid amps exist? Do I need one? Last post on 2/12/15 at 11:04am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Wa22+HD800 and EDM music? Last post on 2/10/15 at 3:39pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Are $2000+ amps worth it? Last post on 2/7/15 at 6:52pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphone Suggestion for WA2 Last post on 11/3/14 at 11:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best tube amp for LCD-3 Last post on 12/3/14 at 6:18pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Master & Dynamic for providing me with a review sample of ME03 in exchange for my honest opinion. Also, I have to apologize for some of the...
Hey the bang for your buck ratio is great for these. I got them years ago for $500. I've been using them to replace the little tin box in my TV for years. The satellite surrounds are ignored/not...
So this is my first day impression of the Emotiva Stealth 8 speakers and I will be updating every week untilll I have come to the conclusion that I've finally made it through the burn-in process....
Intro Well, after almost two years on Head-fi, I feel it is time to put my words out there and write my first review. In doing so, I feel it is only right that it be about the newly released...
OK This is my first headphone review so please be easy. I am not much on technical terms and such. I know what I like but is difficult to come to words at times. A little about me: Love most...
Could Woo audio WA22 work well with Audeze lcd-3?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I used to own the WA22 and absolutely the WA22 can drive the LCD-3s very, very well. A highly recommended combination! But that said, the tube compliment needs to be set "just right" for them. Here are my favourite LCD-3s tubes with the WA22:
Rectifier: 5U4G EML Mesh Plate
Drivers: 5692 Brown Base Sylvanias (RCA Red bas if you can swing them)
Power Tubes: TS7236
The WA22 and especially the WA5 would smoke any LD amp that I've heard.
I will be getting a WA22 soon just for modding so I will see how it will compare to my LD MK VI.
Waiting on the comparison.....
Why is the WA5 (I have the WA5LE) said to be 'not so ideal' when paired with Audeze headphones? I'm not playing devils advocate here, but I'm genuinely interested. Don't have chance to audition a pair of the LCD3's - which I am interested in getting hold of - so it's really important to me that I don't make a fundamental cockup of this type of expense before I decide on a phone.
A similar point was made in the WA5 review here about Audeze suitability http://www.headfonia.com/true-beauty-wooaudio-wa5-headphone-amplifier/
On the flip side, I know that Jack Woo sells the LCD 3 and states the phones are specifically 'Recommended to pair with Woo Audio WA6-SE, WA22, and WA5-LE headphone amplifiers'
And from my knowledge of the amp over a number of years with the K1000, I'd guess it is one of the most liquid sounding (yet still exciting) pieces of headphone amplification out there. So I'm scratching my head a little to think of a headphone and amp, both very highly rated, that somehow lead to crushing disappointment.
As of now I'm officially stuck wondering what whether to take a plunge on T1's, HD800's or LCD3's to go with the K1000's. Love an immersive soundstage and detail, but want to add some more bass presence to what is otherwise a musically lovely and non-fatiguing sound from the WA5LE and Stefan Audio K1000s.
Solude - did you hear the combination that you are referring to - i.e. WA5 and LCD3?
Thanks - John
Did not hear it for a couple of reasons. Price, warnings from a technical standpoint, poor reviews and that the WA5 would crush my desk ;) Push pull amps just handle the orthos better.
The WA5 and HD800 would be great though.
- Could Woo audio WA22 work well with Audeze lcd-3?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Westone w40 short review, includes pictures. 17 seconds ago
- › AKG K240 Studio Review 25 seconds ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 27 seconds ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread 45 seconds ago
- › SELLING MY STUFF AGAIN!!!!! :-) 2 minutes ago
- › The scientific merit of Pono 3 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 4 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › SE530/535 Acoustic Filter Mod: More SQ improvement than cables?... 5 minutes ago
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by twister6
- › Logitech Z-5500 THX-Certified 5.1 Digital Surround Sound Speaker... by NightFlight
- › Emotiva Stealth Eight by Audiobahn808
- › AKG K7XX by Change is Good
- › Symphonized Wraith Premium Genuine Wood Headphones by cmdrmcgarrett
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Black Over-Ear Headphones by Dogmatrix
- › Monoprice MHP-839 by engineerd3d
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by D-TECH
- › Audio-Technica AIR Dynamic Headphones ATH-AD900X by NineRedTools
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by rjm003
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3