I want to have an amplifier for my Audeze LCD-3,and I think WA22 is really good -looking and love it very much,but I'm confused that whether WA55 could work well with LCD-3? The output of WA22 is only 1.5W at 32ohm.Please give me some suggestions.Thank you!
- productWoo Audio WA22tagged by System, 3/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- Do expensive hybrid amps exist? Do I need one? Last post on 2/12/15 at 11:04am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Wa22+HD800 and EDM music? Last post on 2/10/15 at 3:39pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Are $2000+ amps worth it? Last post on 2/7/15 at 6:52pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphone Suggestion for WA2 Last post on 11/3/14 at 11:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best tube amp for LCD-3 Last post on 5/14/15 at 8:43pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Intro When it comes to the world of PC audio, Creative Labs is a brand well known. For nearly 35 years Creative has been an industry leader in digital multimedia technology and innovation....
I have had my AK380 for over a month now and its time to post a review Before I had the AK380 I had an NW-ZX2 for 6 months, an AK240 for nearly two years and the AK120 before that, so yes, I...
I have tried the JBL Synchros line of s300, s500, and s700. As it turns out, the low end model sounds the best to me. These are on ear design, cups are about 3 inches wide. Headband and yokes are...
These are easy to use and pair quickly with your device. The sound quality - lows, mids, and highs are excellent provided a good seal with the ear. Good bluetooth range, battery life, and comfort....
USED Shure E5, 425, 535 EX1000 is a good start to have a taste of pro sound. Islation is not that good when music isnt playing.
Could Woo audio WA22 work well with Audeze lcd-3?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I used to own the WA22 and absolutely the WA22 can drive the LCD-3s very, very well. A highly recommended combination! But that said, the tube compliment needs to be set "just right" for them. Here are my favourite LCD-3s tubes with the WA22:
Rectifier: 5U4G EML Mesh Plate
Drivers: 5692 Brown Base Sylvanias (RCA Red bas if you can swing them)
Power Tubes: TS7236
The WA22 and especially the WA5 would smoke any LD amp that I've heard.
I will be getting a WA22 soon just for modding so I will see how it will compare to my LD MK VI.
Waiting on the comparison.....
Why is the WA5 (I have the WA5LE) said to be 'not so ideal' when paired with Audeze headphones? I'm not playing devils advocate here, but I'm genuinely interested. Don't have chance to audition a pair of the LCD3's - which I am interested in getting hold of - so it's really important to me that I don't make a fundamental cockup of this type of expense before I decide on a phone.
A similar point was made in the WA5 review here about Audeze suitability http://www.headfonia.com/true-beauty-wooaudio-wa5-headphone-amplifier/
On the flip side, I know that Jack Woo sells the LCD 3 and states the phones are specifically 'Recommended to pair with Woo Audio WA6-SE, WA22, and WA5-LE headphone amplifiers'
And from my knowledge of the amp over a number of years with the K1000, I'd guess it is one of the most liquid sounding (yet still exciting) pieces of headphone amplification out there. So I'm scratching my head a little to think of a headphone and amp, both very highly rated, that somehow lead to crushing disappointment.
As of now I'm officially stuck wondering what whether to take a plunge on T1's, HD800's or LCD3's to go with the K1000's. Love an immersive soundstage and detail, but want to add some more bass presence to what is otherwise a musically lovely and non-fatiguing sound from the WA5LE and Stefan Audio K1000s.
Solude - did you hear the combination that you are referring to - i.e. WA5 and LCD3?
Thanks - John
Did not hear it for a couple of reasons. Price, warnings from a technical standpoint, poor reviews and that the WA5 would crush my desk ;) Push pull amps just handle the orthos better.
The WA5 and HD800 would be great though.
- Could Woo audio WA22 work well with Audeze lcd-3?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor? 16 seconds ago
- › SchiitShow 2015 Impressions 59 seconds ago
- › AK 240 Stainless Steel Edition Thread 1 minute ago
- › Need amp/dac? 1 minute ago
- › Little Dot i+ Hybrid Tube Amplifier with Amperex 6AK5 tubes included 1 minute ago
- › Amps and Sound Kenzie, (Darling circuit headphone amp) 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X1 or Fiio X3 1 minute ago
- › FS: Asus Xonar ST -- PCI Card with Headphone amp, RCA Line out and... 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 3 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by Bansaku
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Ultimate High Fidelity Portable Music Player by piercer
- › JBL Synchros S300 Premium On-Ear Stereo Headphones by ourfpshero
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by Mark231
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Picollo by dubbcd
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by dubbcd
- › HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2 (External PSU) by BloodyPenguin
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by Reinoud1963
- › Sony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphones by Chu
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2