Well, there's good news and bad news. Bad news is that my friend didn't know I was buying them until after, so he ended up revealing the fact that he had a "defect" pair AFTER I bought my pair. By defect, he told me that it had less bass but more mid and treble than it was supposed to have. Good news is, around 30% of my music is calm and peaceful orchestral music, and the W3000ANVs are heavenly for that genre. So I might be keeping them still. Thanks guys, and so far I think I'll look into the Grado PS1000, Sennheiser HD 800, and the Shure SE%#%. Any comparisions would really help out. Thanks guys!
- productAudio Technica ATH-A2000X (Japan Import)tagged by System, 11/24/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-AD2000tagged by System, 11/24/12
- productHEAD-DIRECT HiFiMan RE-262tagged by System, 11/24/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 11/24/12
- productShure SE535-CL Triple High-Definition MicroDriver Earphone with Detachable Cable (Clear)tagged by System, 11/24/12
Related Forum Threads
- Best portables for an HD 650 lover? Last post on 6/23/12 at 1:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Can anyone compare Audio-Technica AD2000 to A2000X? Last post on 1/10/12 at 7:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Next Grados After SR225? Last post on 5/24/11 at 8:24am in Headphones (full-size)
- looking for my first pair of nice iem Last post on 1/1/13 at 12:31pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Make Any HeadRoom Purchase until Dec.20, Get Entered for FREE Shure SE535!! Last post on 12/5/12 at 2:59pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I was invited by Noontec to write a honest review of their Hammo S headphone. I tend to be very skeptical about lower-priced headphones, since the bottom tier of headphones/speakers tend to...
RHA T20 Review Tour Many thanks to RHA and forum member Rearwing for arranging the tour and the generosity of a 10-day listening period (my suspicion though is to pass some thanks to reviewer...
Construction, Materials, and Comfort: For starters, the protein leather is extremely soft and supple, and makes the ear pads and headband luxurious to touch. Heat retention actually isn't as bad...
I originally bought these after my earphones that came with my phone broke. After receiving these I was extremely pleased with the bass: it was boomy, punchy and felt powerful. These were also very...
I am an amateur recording engineer that mainly uses a laptop pc on location with a Focusrite Scarlett 18i20. The bus power is no doubt as noisy as a baby with a full diaper that's up way past...
Headphones or IEMs with VERY forward midrange - Page 2post #16 of 1911/26/12 at 7:49pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 1911/26/12 at 7:50pmThread Starterpost #18 of 1911/27/12 at 6:52pmThread Starter
Hey all! I'm sorry I keep changing my mind so much. I'm also a percussionist and like to hear all those drums in my music. I decided to make a compromise and purchase the AD2000s. The percussion really shines, but still doesn't "outshine" everything. I even found an ingenious, stellar, magnificent solution to my desire for forward mids known as...*drumroll please*...turning the volume up when I want the mids to shine....hehe. Once again, I'm really sorry about all the "in your face" and "forward" crap I was talking about. Thank you guys so much for contributing! :D
- Headphones or IEMs with VERY forward midrange
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 18 seconds ago
- › New release - the AKG K553 Pro - featuring a killer Massdrop deal 27 seconds ago
- › Grado e Series 44 seconds ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 58 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Headphones Consolidation. 1 minute ago
- › Crystal Tips 2 minutes ago
- › For 6AS7G tube rollers here ..... 2 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Noontec Hammo S Over Ear Headphone Audiophile Sound Stylish Looking... by Lunatique
- › RHA T20 by LFC_SL
- › OPPO PM-3 by RazrLeaf
- › Xtreme Xplosives In Ear by Omar717
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by morethansense
- › Sony XBA-10/N Gold | Balanced Armature In-Ear Headphones (Japanese... by LikeABell
- › Joseph Grado HPA-1 by kayandjohn
- › Creative Sound Blaster E1 Portable Headphone Amplifier with... by Evshrug
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1+ Bluetooth Wireless Headphones by pformagg
- › VE Zen by boneofimba
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)