Well, there's good news and bad news. Bad news is that my friend didn't know I was buying them until after, so he ended up revealing the fact that he had a "defect" pair AFTER I bought my pair. By defect, he told me that it had less bass but more mid and treble than it was supposed to have. Good news is, around 30% of my music is calm and peaceful orchestral music, and the W3000ANVs are heavenly for that genre. So I might be keeping them still. Thanks guys, and so far I think I'll look into the Grado PS1000, Sennheiser HD 800, and the Shure SE%#%. Any comparisions would really help out. Thanks guys!
- productAudio Technica ATH-A2000X (Japan Import)tagged by System, 11/24/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-AD2000tagged by System, 11/24/12
- productHEAD-DIRECT HiFiMan RE-262tagged by System, 11/24/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 11/24/12
- productShure SE535-CL Triple High-Definition MicroDriver Earphone with Detachable Cable (Clear)tagged by System, 11/24/12
Related Forum Threads
- Best portables for an HD 650 lover? Last post on 6/23/12 at 1:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Can anyone compare Audio-Technica AD2000 to A2000X? Last post on 1/10/12 at 7:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Next Grados After SR225? Last post on 5/24/11 at 8:24am in Headphones (full-size)
- looking for my first pair of nice iem Last post on 1/1/13 at 12:31pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Make Any HeadRoom Purchase until Dec.20, Get Entered for FREE Shure SE535!! Last post on 12/5/12 at 2:59pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I'd say this is a great set of IEMs for its price if you're looking for that consumer v-shaped sound sig. It's not the most balanced sound sig, but for what it is, it sounds pretty good. The mids...
As of September 2014, the HE-400 has been discontinued, and it's successor, the HE-400i is being sold in its place. So why publish, or even read, a review now? First, there are many used...
DAC OCU(B) 1866 — very interesting portable DAC/amp combo from Russian manufacturer Myst. Things I like: — Nice look. As OCUB is made in small quantities, it uses stock case, but case is fully...
Note: I'm not sure why, but for whatever reason the little bars at the side aren't matching what I put them to. Audio Quality, Design, and Value I all consider to be top notch, with comfort having...
This is a review of Bowers & Wilkins B&W C5 Series 2 (new 2014 version) in-ear premium headphones with in-line remote....
Headphones or IEMs with VERY forward midrange - Page 2post #16 of 1911/26/12 at 7:49pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 1911/26/12 at 7:50pmThread Starterpost #18 of 1911/27/12 at 6:52pmThread Starter
Hey all! I'm sorry I keep changing my mind so much. I'm also a percussionist and like to hear all those drums in my music. I decided to make a compromise and purchase the AD2000s. The percussion really shines, but still doesn't "outshine" everything. I even found an ingenious, stellar, magnificent solution to my desire for forward mids known as...*drumroll please*...turning the volume up when I want the mids to shine....hehe. Once again, I'm really sorry about all the "in your face" and "forward" crap I was talking about. Thank you guys so much for contributing! :D
- Headphones or IEMs with VERY forward midrange
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › New headphone amplifier from Bryston 18 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 23 seconds ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 26 seconds ago
- › Are audioengines the best 'well known' computer speakers? 47 seconds ago
- › New Audeze LCD3 55 seconds ago
- › Wow! Sennheiser HD 540 Reference are so good. 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Sony Walkman NW-ZX1 FLAC lossless DSD player 2 minutes ago
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 3 minutes ago
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by Midgetguy
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Rajikaru
- › MyST 1866 by cleg
- › The Enigma by Levaix
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 S2 In-Ear Headphones, Black by twister6
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)