Well, there's good news and bad news. Bad news is that my friend didn't know I was buying them until after, so he ended up revealing the fact that he had a "defect" pair AFTER I bought my pair. By defect, he told me that it had less bass but more mid and treble than it was supposed to have. Good news is, around 30% of my music is calm and peaceful orchestral music, and the W3000ANVs are heavenly for that genre. So I might be keeping them still. Thanks guys, and so far I think I'll look into the Grado PS1000, Sennheiser HD 800, and the Shure SE%#%. Any comparisions would really help out. Thanks guys!
- productAudio Technica ATH-A2000X (Japan Import)tagged by System, 11/24/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-AD2000tagged by System, 11/24/12
- productHEAD-DIRECT HiFiMan RE-262tagged by System, 11/24/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 11/24/12
- productShure SE535-CL Triple High-Definition MicroDriver Earphone with Detachable Cable (Clear)tagged by System, 11/24/12
Related Forum Threads
- Best portables for an HD 650 lover? Last post on 6/23/12 at 1:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Can anyone compare Audio-Technica AD2000 to A2000X? Last post on 1/10/12 at 7:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Next Grados After SR225? Last post on 5/24/11 at 8:24am in Headphones (full-size)
- looking for my first pair of nice iem Last post on 1/1/13 at 12:31pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Make Any HeadRoom Purchase until Dec.20, Get Entered for FREE Shure SE535!! Last post on 12/5/12 at 2:59pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Nuforce HEM4 – impressions and comparison with HEM2 After listening to the HEM2s recently courtesy of the Nuforce Massdrop, I managed to pick up a pair of the next model in their HEM series (the...
http://www.shozy-hk.com/zero-earphone/ Preamble: I was honored to receive an invitation to join in the Delta test of the pre-production Shozy Zero By NLNH around April 16th. I received...
Background: I am not an audiophile, I just like to enjoy music in good quality. This writing is more like a collection of subjective experience and impressions rather than a professional review....
These headphones need to be amped. If you choose to use them without doing so, they will sound weak and lifeless. The complaints I read about seem to me to be with people that haven't synergized...
For my taste are too analitical cans.I try to remove the high frequencies sibiling using several different tips...shure triple compy foam....nothing they remain too harsh for my tasty. I also...
Headphones or IEMs with VERY forward midrange - Page 2post #16 of 1911/26/12 at 7:49pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 1911/26/12 at 7:50pmThread Starterpost #18 of 1911/27/12 at 6:52pmThread Starter
Hey all! I'm sorry I keep changing my mind so much. I'm also a percussionist and like to hear all those drums in my music. I decided to make a compromise and purchase the AD2000s. The percussion really shines, but still doesn't "outshine" everything. I even found an ingenious, stellar, magnificent solution to my desire for forward mids known as...*drumroll please*...turning the volume up when I want the mids to shine....hehe. Once again, I'm really sorry about all the "in your face" and "forward" crap I was talking about. Thank you guys so much for contributing! :D
- Headphones or IEMs with VERY forward midrange
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 2 minutes ago
- › Audio GD Master-11(Combination from Master 7 and Master 9) 5 minutes ago
- › The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 6 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-E70, ATH-E50, ATH-E40 IEMs announced at NAMM 2016 7 minutes ago
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › JVC HP-DX1000 Owners Unite! 13 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 14 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 14 minutes ago
- › Shozy Zero: $50 IEMs with real rosewood, taking on the $500 big boys! 14 minutes ago
- › Schiit Fire and Save Matches! Bifrost Multibit is Here. 15 minutes ago
- › NuForce HEM4 Reference Class Hi-Res In-Ear Headphones with Dual... by Jackpot77
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by TwinACStacks
- › Fostex TH-X00 Massdrop exclusive by bestula
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by DJ Liquid
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by puccipaolo
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon by Aornic
- › oBravo EAMT-3w Hybrid Dynamic Driver and Heil Air Motion Transducer... by glassmonkey
- › T-PEOS RASIEL by faithguy19
- › OPPO PM-3 by T Bone
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by TravAndAlex
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...