Hey guys, I'm looking for a pair of headphones or IEMS that have a VERY forward and outgoing midrange that justs rips through your ears. It has to sound good for acoustics too. I listen to the Piano Guys a lot, and I really love Carol of the Bells.
- productAudio Technica ATH-A2000X (Japan Import)tagged by System, 11/24/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-AD2000tagged by System, 11/24/12
- productHEAD-DIRECT HiFiMan RE-262tagged by System, 11/24/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 11/24/12
- productShure SE535-CL Triple High-Definition MicroDriver Earphone with Detachable Cable (Clear)tagged by System, 11/24/12
Related Forum Threads
- Best portables for an HD 650 lover? Last post on 6/23/12 at 1:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Can anyone compare Audio-Technica AD2000 to A2000X? Last post on 1/10/12 at 7:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Next Grados After SR225? Last post on 5/24/11 at 8:24am in Headphones (full-size)
- looking for my first pair of nice iem Last post on 1/1/13 at 12:31pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Make Any HeadRoom Purchase until Dec.20, Get Entered for FREE Shure SE535!! Last post on 12/5/12 at 2:59pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
DAC OCU(B) 1866 — very interesting portable DAC/amp combo from Russian manufacturer Myst. Things I like: — Nice look. As OCUB is made in small quantities, it uses stock case, but case is fully...
i know you already read the threads full of people talking about how nice is this earphone. i know they're all talking about how cheap and bang for buck it is and which one is the original and...
Note: I'm not sure why, but for whatever reason the little bars at the side aren't matching what I put them to. Audio Quality, Design, and Value I all consider to be top notch, with comfort having...
This is a review of Bowers & Wilkins B&W C5 Series 2 (new 2014 version) in-ear premium headphones with in-line remote....
There aren't many sub-$10 IEMs in the market. With all the recent budget IEMs being priced at around $50, it leaves very little choice for people who are looking for a very cheap IEM. As far as I...
Headphones or IEMs with VERY forward midrangepost #1 of 1911/21/12 at 7:27pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 1911/21/12 at 7:32pmThread Starterpost #3 of 1911/21/12 at 7:38pmThread Starterpost #4 of 1911/21/12 at 7:46pmpost #5 of 1911/21/12 at 7:52pmpost #6 of 1911/21/12 at 8:01pmpost #7 of 1911/21/12 at 8:22pmThread Starterpost #8 of 1911/21/12 at 10:14pm
The PS1000s have a V-shaped frequency response, so rather the opposite. You would probably enjoy the Audio Technica range. They are very mid-foward. They just updated the AD2000s to the AD2000X, which is their flagship open headphone. A pair of the limited edition W3000s might do it too, if you have a wider rather than narrower head, due to their slightly weird fit. Pair them with a hybrid/tube amp for best results.post #9 of 1911/21/12 at 10:43pmpost #10 of 1911/22/12 at 11:16amThread Starterpost #11 of 1911/25/12 at 12:38pmThread Starter
Okay guys, one of my extreme audiophile friends purchased an Audio Technica W3000ANV and even let me listen to them for a bit. I immediatly fell in love with them. They were like my dream headphones. I guess I didn't really need headphones with very forward mids, but instead thick and meaty ones. I went ahead and purchased another brand new pair from the same friend, and once they get a couple days of burn in, I will try to post more thoughts of them.post #12 of 1911/25/12 at 1:05pmpost #13 of 1911/25/12 at 6:37pmpost #14 of 1911/25/12 at 9:48pmGrado's are usually known for their particular "flavor" so to speak, which involves a sound signature very unlike those of other popular headphones. As far as my personal opinion goes, they seemed to me much more foward than my admittedly laid-back HD595s.post #15 of 1911/25/12 at 10:49pmQuote:Originally Posted by audiophile6500
Okay guys, one of my extreme audiophile friends purchased an Audio Technica W3000ANV and even let me listen to them for a bit. I immediatly fell in love with them. They were like my dream headphones. I guess I didn't really need headphones with very forward mids, but instead thick and meaty ones. I went ahead and purchased another brand new pair from the same friend, and once they get a couple days of burn in, I will try to post more thoughts of them.
That was a lucky score for you. I had suspected you needed headphones which were more forward in certain areas that most 'phones are, which is how the W3000s are.
- Headphones or IEMs with VERY forward midrange
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › FiiO E6 - story of the tiny amp continues... (w/ review on 1st page) 3 seconds ago
- › How can my computer make a better quality sound? 6 seconds ago
- › AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone 19 seconds ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 29 seconds ago
- › Forza AudioWorks - The Appreciation Thread 30 seconds ago
- › worst date stories 37 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum for classical music 1 minute ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0 1 minute ago
- › Audio-gd NFB-28 1 minute ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 2 minutes ago
- › MyST 1866 by cleg
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by vaziyetu
- › The Enigma by Levaix
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 S2 In-Ear Headphones, Black by twister6
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphones by twister6
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)