Hey guys, I'm looking for a pair of headphones or IEMS that have a VERY forward and outgoing midrange that justs rips through your ears. It has to sound good for acoustics too. I listen to the Piano Guys a lot, and I really love Carol of the Bells.
- productAudio Technica ATH-A2000X (Japan Import)tagged by System, 11/24/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-AD2000tagged by System, 11/24/12
- productHEAD-DIRECT HiFiMan RE-262tagged by System, 11/24/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 11/24/12
- productShure SE535-CL Triple High-Definition MicroDriver Earphone with Detachable Cable (Clear)tagged by System, 11/24/12
Related Forum Threads
- Best portables for an HD 650 lover? Last post on 6/23/12 at 1:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Can anyone compare Audio-Technica AD2000 to A2000X? Last post on 1/10/12 at 7:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Next Grados After SR225? Last post on 5/24/11 at 8:24am in Headphones (full-size)
- looking for my first pair of nice iem Last post on 1/1/13 at 12:31pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Make Any HeadRoom Purchase until Dec.20, Get Entered for FREE Shure SE535!! Last post on 12/5/12 at 2:59pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I am an audiophile and these cans really deliver! Spacious and open with a neutral but pacy kick. These phones are the business but deserve a headphone amp to really bounce! Nevertheless, you will...
HiFiMAN RE-300h Review with RE-400 comparisons and comments Disclaimer: The following review is my subjective assessment of the headphone. I am in no way affiliated with HiFiMAN nor am I...
Sorry for no actual review as i have just got into audio recently and this is my first pair or good headphones. But even i could tell there was alot of sub bass not loud but its definitely...
Ever since picking these IEMs up, they have been my go-to pair for almost every genre of music. They provide a great balance of neutrality paired with extremely forward and lush mids which do not...
This is a very impressive can for less than 1000.00! If this was a 1300-1500.00 can, I wouldn't say it was overpriced. Especially given what some of the audeze and hd800 cost. Now I wouldn't say...
Headphones or IEMs with VERY forward midrangepost #1 of 1911/21/12 at 7:27pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 1911/21/12 at 7:32pmThread Starterpost #3 of 1911/21/12 at 7:38pmThread Starterpost #4 of 1911/21/12 at 7:46pmpost #5 of 1911/21/12 at 7:52pmpost #6 of 1911/21/12 at 8:01pmpost #7 of 1911/21/12 at 8:22pmThread Starterpost #8 of 1911/21/12 at 10:14pm
The PS1000s have a V-shaped frequency response, so rather the opposite. You would probably enjoy the Audio Technica range. They are very mid-foward. They just updated the AD2000s to the AD2000X, which is their flagship open headphone. A pair of the limited edition W3000s might do it too, if you have a wider rather than narrower head, due to their slightly weird fit. Pair them with a hybrid/tube amp for best results.post #9 of 1911/21/12 at 10:43pmpost #10 of 1911/22/12 at 11:16amThread Starterpost #11 of 1911/25/12 at 12:38pmThread Starter
Okay guys, one of my extreme audiophile friends purchased an Audio Technica W3000ANV and even let me listen to them for a bit. I immediatly fell in love with them. They were like my dream headphones. I guess I didn't really need headphones with very forward mids, but instead thick and meaty ones. I went ahead and purchased another brand new pair from the same friend, and once they get a couple days of burn in, I will try to post more thoughts of them.post #12 of 1911/25/12 at 1:05pmpost #13 of 1911/25/12 at 6:37pmpost #14 of 1911/25/12 at 9:48pmGrado's are usually known for their particular "flavor" so to speak, which involves a sound signature very unlike those of other popular headphones. As far as my personal opinion goes, they seemed to me much more foward than my admittedly laid-back HD595s.post #15 of 1911/25/12 at 10:49pmQuote:Originally Posted by audiophile6500
Okay guys, one of my extreme audiophile friends purchased an Audio Technica W3000ANV and even let me listen to them for a bit. I immediatly fell in love with them. They were like my dream headphones. I guess I didn't really need headphones with very forward mids, but instead thick and meaty ones. I went ahead and purchased another brand new pair from the same friend, and once they get a couple days of burn in, I will try to post more thoughts of them.
That was a lucky score for you. I had suspected you needed headphones which were more forward in certain areas that most 'phones are, which is how the W3000s are.
- Headphones or IEMs with VERY forward midrange
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 5 seconds ago
- › Wanted: STAX SRD-5 2 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 1/4/2015:... 2 minutes ago
- › A little about the Shozy Alien 2 minutes ago
- › Sony D-25 Refurbishment with Service Manual! 3 minutes ago
- › Don Scorpio Dolphins 4 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Wave 7 minutes ago
- › Litz Type and AWG Comparisons 8 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by Rogerlabarrie
- › HIFIMAN RE300h Earphone - Audiophile Earbud by conquerator2
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by Donnyboy98
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by cuiter23
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by moodyrn
- › AKG K551 Closed-Back Reference Class Headset with Mic (Black/Silver) by GL1TCH3D
- › JVC HAM55X High Quality Xtreme-Xplosvs Headphones by Thoft208
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by musikaladin
- › beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphones by rigodeni
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Zalithian
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3