Hey guys, I'm looking for a pair of headphones or IEMS that have a VERY forward and outgoing midrange that justs rips through your ears. It has to sound good for acoustics too. I listen to the Piano Guys a lot, and I really love Carol of the Bells.
- productAudio Technica ATH-A2000X (Japan Import)tagged by System, 11/24/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-AD2000tagged by System, 11/24/12
- productHEAD-DIRECT HiFiMan RE-262tagged by System, 11/24/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 11/24/12
- productShure SE535-CL Triple High-Definition MicroDriver Earphone with Detachable Cable (Clear)tagged by System, 11/24/12
Related Forum Threads
- Best portables for an HD 650 lover? Last post on 6/23/12 at 1:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Can anyone compare Audio-Technica AD2000 to A2000X? Last post on 1/10/12 at 7:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Next Grados After SR225? Last post on 5/24/11 at 8:24am in Headphones (full-size)
- looking for my first pair of nice iem Last post on 1/1/13 at 12:31pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Make Any HeadRoom Purchase until Dec.20, Get Entered for FREE Shure SE535!! Last post on 12/5/12 at 2:59pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Review: Cleer DJ Professional DJ Headphone I tried to post a review only to the review template, but I was unable to because the system stated I was above the maximum character count, hence...
If you are looking at the RHA-MA750, you already have done a bit of research about how they sound. So, I will get straight to my review. Sound Quality: Let me start off by saying that these...
Acknowledgment Thanks to @Tony-Hifi of HiFi headphones for making me review this desktop DAC/Amp as a favour. I love reviewing loaners, but it’s always sad to package and send them off...
Hi Head-Fi/Vibro Labs fans, I was the second stop on the Aria tour, and I've had a great week reviewing them. This post will contain some of my thoughts and impressions, and I'll be touching on...
Ok I have been using a pair of these for several years. I logged on because there are way too many positive reviews of these things. Firstly: everything I mix on these is significantly...
Headphones or IEMs with VERY forward midrangepost #1 of 1911/21/12 at 7:27pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 1911/21/12 at 7:32pmThread Starterpost #3 of 1911/21/12 at 7:38pmThread Starterpost #4 of 1911/21/12 at 7:46pmpost #5 of 1911/21/12 at 7:52pmpost #6 of 1911/21/12 at 8:01pmpost #7 of 1911/21/12 at 8:22pmThread Starterpost #8 of 1911/21/12 at 10:14pm
The PS1000s have a V-shaped frequency response, so rather the opposite. You would probably enjoy the Audio Technica range. They are very mid-foward. They just updated the AD2000s to the AD2000X, which is their flagship open headphone. A pair of the limited edition W3000s might do it too, if you have a wider rather than narrower head, due to their slightly weird fit. Pair them with a hybrid/tube amp for best results.post #9 of 1911/21/12 at 10:43pmpost #10 of 1911/22/12 at 11:16amThread Starterpost #11 of 1911/25/12 at 12:38pmThread Starter
Okay guys, one of my extreme audiophile friends purchased an Audio Technica W3000ANV and even let me listen to them for a bit. I immediatly fell in love with them. They were like my dream headphones. I guess I didn't really need headphones with very forward mids, but instead thick and meaty ones. I went ahead and purchased another brand new pair from the same friend, and once they get a couple days of burn in, I will try to post more thoughts of them.post #12 of 1911/25/12 at 1:05pmpost #13 of 1911/25/12 at 6:37pmpost #14 of 1911/25/12 at 9:48pmGrado's are usually known for their particular "flavor" so to speak, which involves a sound signature very unlike those of other popular headphones. As far as my personal opinion goes, they seemed to me much more foward than my admittedly laid-back HD595s.post #15 of 1911/25/12 at 10:49pmQuote:Originally Posted by audiophile6500
Okay guys, one of my extreme audiophile friends purchased an Audio Technica W3000ANV and even let me listen to them for a bit. I immediatly fell in love with them. They were like my dream headphones. I guess I didn't really need headphones with very forward mids, but instead thick and meaty ones. I went ahead and purchased another brand new pair from the same friend, and once they get a couple days of burn in, I will try to post more thoughts of them.
That was a lucky score for you. I had suspected you needed headphones which were more forward in certain areas that most 'phones are, which is how the W3000s are.
- Headphones or IEMs with VERY forward midrange
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Chromecast audio - can anyone comment on sound quality? 26 seconds ago
- › Audeze LCD-4 38 seconds ago
- › Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit 42 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 51 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 59 seconds ago
- › She is Esther M1(PRO) 1 minute ago
- › Rising cost of "audiophile" equipment and important of bias/blind... 1 minute ago
- › LH Labs Geek Out v2+ Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 3 minutes ago
- › XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED! 3 minutes ago
- › ampsandsound Mogwai Single-Ended Amplifier by dmhenley
- › Cleer DJ Professional DJ Headphone by moedawg140
- › RHA MA750 by bobghosh
- › Questyle CMA600i "Current Mode Amplification" Headphone... by glassmonkey
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by Talai
- › Shure SRH840 by haroldtheboss
- › Beyerdynamic T5p by MrTechAgent
- › Xiaomi Piston Colorful Starter Edition by aNtzE
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - PHANTOM SABRE by FUYU
- › Bluedio Vinyl Plus Luxury Wireless Bluetooth Headphones(Black) by mark2410
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...