Hey guys, I'm looking for a pair of headphones or IEMS that have a VERY forward and outgoing midrange that justs rips through your ears. It has to sound good for acoustics too. I listen to the Piano Guys a lot, and I really love Carol of the Bells.
- productAudio Technica ATH-A2000X (Japan Import)tagged by System, 11/24/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-AD2000tagged by System, 11/24/12
- productHEAD-DIRECT HiFiMan RE-262tagged by System, 11/24/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 11/24/12
- productShure SE535-CL Triple High-Definition MicroDriver Earphone with Detachable Cable (Clear)tagged by System, 11/24/12
Related Forum Threads
- Best portables for an HD 650 lover? Last post on 6/23/12 at 1:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Can anyone compare Audio-Technica AD2000 to A2000X? Last post on 1/10/12 at 7:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Next Grados After SR225? Last post on 5/24/11 at 8:24am in Headphones (full-size)
- looking for my first pair of nice iem Last post on 1/1/13 at 12:31pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Make Any HeadRoom Purchase until Dec.20, Get Entered for FREE Shure SE535!! Last post on 12/5/12 at 2:59pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
So I bought these because I wanted to sleep and I can't sleep with over ear headphones on a window seat since the moment you put pressure on the bands, it goes haywire(the noise...
it take some time to fit these properly one of a kind sound great mids and highs, female vocal is good, male vocal a bit thin. At this price range, you can not get better bass, its the kind of...
Hi guys, this is my first post and my first review, please consider too that I am not a native speaker, neither an audiophile. Right now I own a useless Fiio X3, its battery died and I have...
I'm not sure if this is the same model I got with my iPhone 4s or not. There have been tons of different models of these buds released for different i-devices. The ones that I received with my 4s...
I barely used them... got one pair and a few months later the left earpiece started cutting sound. The retail shop opened them and did a messy job, were working and then stopped. Got a 2nd pair,...
Headphones or IEMs with VERY forward midrangepost #1 of 1911/21/12 at 7:27pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 1911/21/12 at 7:32pmThread Starterpost #3 of 1911/21/12 at 7:38pmThread Starterpost #4 of 1911/21/12 at 7:46pmpost #5 of 1911/21/12 at 7:52pmpost #6 of 1911/21/12 at 8:01pmpost #7 of 1911/21/12 at 8:22pmThread Starterpost #8 of 1911/21/12 at 10:14pm
The PS1000s have a V-shaped frequency response, so rather the opposite. You would probably enjoy the Audio Technica range. They are very mid-foward. They just updated the AD2000s to the AD2000X, which is their flagship open headphone. A pair of the limited edition W3000s might do it too, if you have a wider rather than narrower head, due to their slightly weird fit. Pair them with a hybrid/tube amp for best results.post #9 of 1911/21/12 at 10:43pmpost #10 of 1911/22/12 at 11:16amThread Starterpost #11 of 1911/25/12 at 12:38pmThread Starter
Okay guys, one of my extreme audiophile friends purchased an Audio Technica W3000ANV and even let me listen to them for a bit. I immediatly fell in love with them. They were like my dream headphones. I guess I didn't really need headphones with very forward mids, but instead thick and meaty ones. I went ahead and purchased another brand new pair from the same friend, and once they get a couple days of burn in, I will try to post more thoughts of them.post #12 of 1911/25/12 at 1:05pmpost #13 of 1911/25/12 at 6:37pmpost #14 of 1911/25/12 at 9:48pmGrado's are usually known for their particular "flavor" so to speak, which involves a sound signature very unlike those of other popular headphones. As far as my personal opinion goes, they seemed to me much more foward than my admittedly laid-back HD595s.post #15 of 1911/25/12 at 10:49pmQuote:Originally Posted by audiophile6500
Okay guys, one of my extreme audiophile friends purchased an Audio Technica W3000ANV and even let me listen to them for a bit. I immediatly fell in love with them. They were like my dream headphones. I guess I didn't really need headphones with very forward mids, but instead thick and meaty ones. I went ahead and purchased another brand new pair from the same friend, and once they get a couple days of burn in, I will try to post more thoughts of them.
That was a lucky score for you. I had suspected you needed headphones which were more forward in certain areas that most 'phones are, which is how the W3000s are.
- Headphones or IEMs with VERY forward midrange
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) 18 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 59 seconds ago
- › MSB Analog DAC? (Review p3) 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.6.0 1 minute ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 2 minutes ago
- › [Review] Philips SHL3300 "DJ" Headphones - Most Underrated Headphone? 2 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-D600 5 minutes ago
- › JDS Labs C5/C5D (pg96) portable amp/amp+DAC appreciation +... 6 minutes ago
- › DITA - The Answer (Truth Edition). 6 minutes ago
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by yialanliu
- › KEF M200 Hi-Fi In-Ear Headphones, Aluminum/Black by 10shot9miss
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by Arturoo123
- › Apple iPod Earphones Headphones for iPod Nano, Touch & Classic by GoldenGuy66
- › Shure SE215 by damianmb
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Willy 2 Streams
- › Final Audio Design Adagio III by mark2410
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by paara
- › AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition by gabrielnorena
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by lecky
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)