Hey guys, I'm looking for a pair of headphones or IEMS that have a VERY forward and outgoing midrange that justs rips through your ears. It has to sound good for acoustics too. I listen to the Piano Guys a lot, and I really love Carol of the Bells.
- productAudio Technica ATH-A2000X (Japan Import)tagged by System, 11/24/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-AD2000tagged by System, 11/24/12
- productHEAD-DIRECT HiFiMan RE-262tagged by System, 11/24/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 11/24/12
- productShure SE535-CL Triple High-Definition MicroDriver Earphone with Detachable Cable (Clear)tagged by System, 11/24/12
Related Forum Threads
- Best portables for an HD 650 lover? Last post on 6/23/12 at 1:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Can anyone compare Audio-Technica AD2000 to A2000X? Last post on 1/10/12 at 7:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Next Grados After SR225? Last post on 5/24/11 at 8:24am in Headphones (full-size)
- looking for my first pair of nice iem Last post on 1/1/13 at 12:31pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Make Any HeadRoom Purchase until Dec.20, Get Entered for FREE Shure SE535!! Last post on 12/5/12 at 2:59pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/4/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/7/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 12/10/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
(Note - XL ear pads are installed. The sound will be judged based on that.) Introduction: I purchased these headphones mainly out of curiosity. I was reading reviews and watching youtubers...
Accessories: Includes a pouch and cable. Pouch is well-built, compact, and stylish. Soft, flexible cable has never tangled for me in my time with it. Right angled jack is durable and well-relieved....
First off, I would like to thank Noisehush for sending me the NX85's! I'll get into the review now. Packaging: The NX85 come in a sturdy black card board box. It is all black, except the...
The LH Labs Geek Out had a lot to live up to. A good 7+ months ago, the Geek Out started as a concept. This concept was to bring a high quality audio experience into a small and affordable device....
If you like electric music or hip hop rap,this is it,but if you want a more balanced sound you better go for the sennheiser momentum or ue6000.
Headphones or IEMs with VERY forward midrangepost #1 of 1911/21/12 at 7:27pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 1911/21/12 at 7:32pmThread Starterpost #3 of 1911/21/12 at 7:38pmThread Starterpost #4 of 1911/21/12 at 7:46pmpost #5 of 1911/21/12 at 7:52pmpost #6 of 1911/21/12 at 8:01pmpost #7 of 1911/21/12 at 8:22pmThread Starterpost #8 of 1911/21/12 at 10:14pm
The PS1000s have a V-shaped frequency response, so rather the opposite. You would probably enjoy the Audio Technica range. They are very mid-foward. They just updated the AD2000s to the AD2000X, which is their flagship open headphone. A pair of the limited edition W3000s might do it too, if you have a wider rather than narrower head, due to their slightly weird fit. Pair them with a hybrid/tube amp for best results.post #9 of 1911/21/12 at 10:43pmpost #10 of 1911/22/12 at 11:16amThread Starterpost #11 of 1911/25/12 at 12:38pmThread Starter
Okay guys, one of my extreme audiophile friends purchased an Audio Technica W3000ANV and even let me listen to them for a bit. I immediatly fell in love with them. They were like my dream headphones. I guess I didn't really need headphones with very forward mids, but instead thick and meaty ones. I went ahead and purchased another brand new pair from the same friend, and once they get a couple days of burn in, I will try to post more thoughts of them.post #12 of 1911/25/12 at 1:05pmpost #13 of 1911/25/12 at 6:37pmpost #14 of 1911/25/12 at 9:48pmGrado's are usually known for their particular "flavor" so to speak, which involves a sound signature very unlike those of other popular headphones. As far as my personal opinion goes, they seemed to me much more foward than my admittedly laid-back HD595s.post #15 of 1911/25/12 at 10:49pmQuote:Originally Posted by audiophile6500
Okay guys, one of my extreme audiophile friends purchased an Audio Technica W3000ANV and even let me listen to them for a bit. I immediatly fell in love with them. They were like my dream headphones. I guess I didn't really need headphones with very forward mids, but instead thick and meaty ones. I went ahead and purchased another brand new pair from the same friend, and once they get a couple days of burn in, I will try to post more thoughts of them.
That was a lucky score for you. I had suspected you needed headphones which were more forward in certain areas that most 'phones are, which is how the W3000s are.
- Headphones or IEMs with VERY forward midrange
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 14 seconds ago
- › [Review] Oppo PM-1, Oppo hit the nail on the head 22 seconds ago
- › ALO RX MK3 B - Great Condition 25 seconds ago
- › Toxic Cables - The Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › New Audeze LCD3 1 minute ago
- › Samsung Galaxy S5 audio review 1 minute ago
- › The NEW Headphone Lounge Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Best DAC/Amp for Sennheiser 650 Headphones ? (Budget: Around 500 $CA) 2 minutes ago
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by zach8278
- › Ultimate Ears UE4000 Headphones by gopats1479
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › Monster Inspiration by betterthan1122
- › Meridian Explorer by zolkis
- › Beyerdynamic T51P Tesla Headphone - Silver by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by zach8278
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by White Lotus
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by 2001Audiophile
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude