At the moment I have Sennheiser HD 598 and a creative titanium HD card. I want to know is there anything I can add to improve the sound and maybe bass etc?
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 11/24/12
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 11/24/12
- productSennheiser HD-598tagged by System, 11/24/12
Related Forum Threads
- first timer Last post on 10/20/12 at 11:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which of these headphones are best Last post on 7/28/12 at 12:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones around $300 or so Last post on 6/6/12 at 10:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrade bug bites after 6 months Last post on 9/16/11 at 5:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Open Headphones for iPhone 5S? Last post on 2/1/14 at 7:29am in Headphones (full-size)
Brainwavz S5 Review: There are questions, and then there are questions that you get asked constantly. One of the most common requests of knowledge from me are on if unit X is better than unit...
Time to improve my setup
Gear mentioned in this thread:
What's wrong with the bass? Are you looking for deeper bass? Better-controlled bass? More, louder bass? All of the above?
I would try using EQ: http://www.head-fi.org/a/how-to-equalize-your-headphones-a-tutorial
If you wanted more bass, you should have gotten a different headphone.
Not to be negative, but that headphone simply won't get very bassy. The only thing you can do at this point is equalization, and only a little at that. Research equalization here.
The HD598 is a very good headphone. If you run a sine sweep test, the subbass on the HD598 is pretty representative of what it sounds like in real life. Problem is that due to headphone design, you won't be able to feel the bass. The Denons are your best bet if you want to feel subbass. Use the money on new headphones, not amp/ dac, as the improvements offered by an amp/ dac are very subtle.
The D2000 is, from what others claim, a very good headphone if you can properly equalize it. Without an equalizer, the HD598 simply has far superior midrange and treble.
- Time to improve my setup
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Entry Level Stax Thread 10 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 4 minutes ago
- › How is everyone connecting their Computer to their DAC? 5 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 5 minutes ago
- › HD650s and Fast Music. 5 minutes ago
- › Musician, need IEM for live monitoring (200 - 250$) 6 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 6 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by HK_sends
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Dsnuts
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by canuckavelli
- › FitEar TO GO! 334 by Francisk
- › Logitech UE 900 by twister6
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by cleg
- › JDS Labs C5D by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by twister6
- › Shure SE215 by Existence
- › Audiofly AF140 In-Ear Headphones (Gray) by Loquah
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)