At the moment I have Sennheiser HD 598 and a creative titanium HD card. I want to know is there anything I can add to improve the sound and maybe bass etc?
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 11/24/12
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 11/24/12
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 11/24/12
Related Forum Threads
- first timer Last post on 10/20/12 at 11:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which of these headphones are best Last post on 7/28/12 at 12:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones around $300 or so Last post on 6/6/12 at 10:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrade bug bites after 6 months Last post on 9/16/11 at 5:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Open Headphones for iPhone 5S? Last post on 2/1/14 at 7:29am in Headphones (full-size)
Firstly, like to thank Billy from Busisoft for organising the Westone UM PRO 10 for this review. Westone needs no introduction, they are one of the industry leaders for professional monitors...
Intro:- I was really excited when SoundMAGIC announced a couple of new earphones with a new “Reference” line up, Led by E80, their flagship, and subordinate E50( like Bumblebee), what I...
I was invited by Noontec to write a honest review of their Hammo S headphone. I tend to be very skeptical about lower-priced headphones, since the bottom tier of headphones/speakers tend to...
RHA T20 Review Tour Many thanks to RHA and forum member Rearwing for arranging the tour and the generosity of a 10-day listening period (my suspicion though is to pass some thanks to reviewer...
Construction, Materials, and Comfort: For starters, the protein leather is extremely soft and supple, and makes the ear pads and headband luxurious to touch. Heat retention actually isn't as bad...
Time to improve my setup
Gear mentioned in this thread:
What's wrong with the bass? Are you looking for deeper bass? Better-controlled bass? More, louder bass? All of the above?
I would try using EQ: http://www.head-fi.org/a/how-to-equalize-your-headphones-a-tutorial
If you wanted more bass, you should have gotten a different headphone.
Not to be negative, but that headphone simply won't get very bassy. The only thing you can do at this point is equalization, and only a little at that. Research equalization here.
The HD598 is a very good headphone. If you run a sine sweep test, the subbass on the HD598 is pretty representative of what it sounds like in real life. Problem is that due to headphone design, you won't be able to feel the bass. The Denons are your best bet if you want to feel subbass. Use the money on new headphones, not amp/ dac, as the improvements offered by an amp/ dac are very subtle.
The D2000 is, from what others claim, a very good headphone if you can properly equalize it. Without an equalizer, the HD598 simply has far superior midrange and treble.
- Time to improve my setup
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › my gr07 BE are dead ..or not? i'm sick of life 9 seconds ago
- › Megatron electrostatic with boutique parts, extra tubes 58 seconds ago
- › Anybody know anyhing about these headphones? Nothing to be found on... 1 minute ago
- › Adding quality input, output (w/DAC and Amp) in elegant solution 1 minute ago
- › [Review] Arce MDAC3 - An Excellent DAC 2 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › Please recommend an mp3 player that plays music from folders 3 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 4 minutes ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 10 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 12 minutes ago
- › RHA T20 by rasmushorn
- › Westone UM Pro10 High Performance Single Driver Noise-Isolating... by pformagg
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by suman134
- › Noontec Hammo S Over Ear Headphone Audiophile Sound Stylish Looking... by Lunatique
- › OPPO PM-3 by RazrLeaf
- › Xtreme Xplosives In Ear by Omar717
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by morethansense
- › Sony XBA-10/N Gold | Balanced Armature In-Ear Headphones (Japanese... by LikeABell
- › Joseph Grado HPA-1 by kayandjohn
- › Creative Sound Blaster E1 Portable Headphone Amplifier with... by Evshrug
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)