At the moment I have Sennheiser HD 598 and a creative titanium HD card. I want to know is there anything I can add to improve the sound and maybe bass etc?
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 11/24/12
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 11/24/12
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 11/24/12
Related Forum Threads
- first timer Last post on 10/20/12 at 11:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which of these headphones are best Last post on 7/28/12 at 12:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones around $300 or so Last post on 6/6/12 at 10:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrade bug bites after 6 months Last post on 9/16/11 at 5:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Open Headphones for iPhone 5S? Last post on 2/1/14 at 7:29am in Headphones (full-size)
Creative Aurvana In-Ear 3 Plus Review Hello, my name is Oscar and this is my review of the Creative Aurvana In-Ear 3 Plus. Creative sent these to me as part of a tour and I did not pay for...
I owned two PA2V2 and while it's good value amp, it had far too many flaws to my liking. Gary however provided excellent customer support throughout the whole time. Ended up with O2 and I'm...
I've done a lot of A-B comparing and the Schiit Wyrd absolutely improves my sound quality. Without it, the music sounds more distant, less expansive, less clear and also a bit softer volume. A...
Disclaimer I got this unit as part of Australia/New Zealand tour arranged by @d marc0, thank you very much for including me in this tour :) Introduction I am just another music fans in this...
These are good headphones. I would have preferred a hard carrying case for the headphones, but, when you consider the cost of these cans, the soft carrying bag is acceptable. If you really...
Time to improve my setup
Gear mentioned in this thread:
What's wrong with the bass? Are you looking for deeper bass? Better-controlled bass? More, louder bass? All of the above?
I would try using EQ: http://www.head-fi.org/a/how-to-equalize-your-headphones-a-tutorial
If you wanted more bass, you should have gotten a different headphone.
Not to be negative, but that headphone simply won't get very bassy. The only thing you can do at this point is equalization, and only a little at that. Research equalization here.
The HD598 is a very good headphone. If you run a sine sweep test, the subbass on the HD598 is pretty representative of what it sounds like in real life. Problem is that due to headphone design, you won't be able to feel the bass. The Denons are your best bet if you want to feel subbass. Use the money on new headphones, not amp/ dac, as the improvements offered by an amp/ dac are very subtle.
The D2000 is, from what others claim, a very good headphone if you can properly equalize it. Without an equalizer, the HD598 simply has far superior midrange and treble.
- Time to improve my setup
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Teac UD 503 DAC (2015 New Release, DXD, DSD256) 58 seconds ago
- › Official NYC area / Regional Fall meet, November 14th, 2015 -... 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and... 2 minutes ago
- › NEW Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 and ATH-MSR7LTD 2 minutes ago
- › Boston Meet? 2 minutes ago
- › Theft of Orpheus at IFA 2015 2 minutes ago
- › Windows 10 Schiit MODI Drivers? 3 minutes ago
- › ASUS Xonar Essence STX II 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The AKG K7XX Massdrop First Edition Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Inearz IE-P650 6xBA driver CIEM by twister6
- › Creative Aurvana In-Ear3 by Fidelity King
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by asymcon
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by Mediahound
- › Noble Audio Savant by daduy
- › Shure SRH840 by Double-A
- › Yulong Audio DA8 II by earfonia
- › Aune X1S 32Bit/384KHz DSD DAC Headphone Amplifier black by avitron142
- › Audio-Technica ATH CKR9 LTD by peter123
- › JDS Labs ODAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2