At the moment I have Sennheiser HD 598 and a creative titanium HD card. I want to know is there anything I can add to improve the sound and maybe bass etc?
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 11/24/12
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 11/24/12
- productSennheiser HD-598tagged by System, 11/24/12
Related Forum Threads
- first timer Last post on 10/20/12 at 11:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which of these headphones are best Last post on 7/28/12 at 12:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones around $300 or so Last post on 6/6/12 at 10:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrade bug bites after 6 months Last post on 9/16/11 at 5:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Open Headphones for iPhone 5S? Last post on 2/1/14 at 7:29am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: Yesterday
Time to improve my setup
Gear mentioned in this thread:
What's wrong with the bass? Are you looking for deeper bass? Better-controlled bass? More, louder bass? All of the above?
I would try using EQ: http://www.head-fi.org/a/how-to-equalize-your-headphones-a-tutorial
If you wanted more bass, you should have gotten a different headphone.
Not to be negative, but that headphone simply won't get very bassy. The only thing you can do at this point is equalization, and only a little at that. Research equalization here.
The HD598 is a very good headphone. If you run a sine sweep test, the subbass on the HD598 is pretty representative of what it sounds like in real life. Problem is that due to headphone design, you won't be able to feel the bass. The Denons are your best bet if you want to feel subbass. Use the money on new headphones, not amp/ dac, as the improvements offered by an amp/ dac are very subtle.
The D2000 is, from what others claim, a very good headphone if you can properly equalize it. Without an equalizer, the HD598 simply has far superior midrange and treble.
- Time to improve my setup
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Recommend Me a Headphone with a good Mic for about... $50 9 seconds ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 1 minute ago
- › The Entry Level Stax Thread 1 minute ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 2 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 3 minutes ago
- › Ipod classic + fiio e17 vs fiio x5 3 minutes ago
- › For 6AS7G tube rollers here ..... 4 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 4 minutes ago
- › The Nickerfied Fostex T50RP...................... Impressions/... 4 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by bowei006
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by cleg
- › JDS Labs C5D by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by twister6
- › Shure SE215 by Existence
- › Audiofly AF140 In-Ear Headphones (Gray) by Loquah
- › Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic Driver Earphones by hans030390
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by MacroPower
- › Denon Urban Raver In-Ear Headphones, Blue (AH-C100BU) by MrTechAgent
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)