At the moment I have Sennheiser HD 598 and a creative titanium HD card. I want to know is there anything I can add to improve the sound and maybe bass etc?
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 11/24/12
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 11/24/12
- productSennheiser HD-598tagged by System, 11/24/12
Related Forum Threads
- first timer Last post on 10/20/12 at 11:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which of these headphones are best Last post on 7/28/12 at 12:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones around $300 or so Last post on 6/6/12 at 10:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrade bug bites after 6 months Last post on 9/16/11 at 5:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Open Headphones for iPhone 5S? Last post on 2/1/14 at 7:29am in Headphones (full-size)
Man are these awesome , they're cheap..but as all Beyers they sound fu**** awesome , these are clean , fun and dynamic , they sound excellent Let me preface this by telling this...
This is actually the first "over-head" headphone i ever bought, but compared to my philips and LG tone+ this one is a lot more for 70$, i mainly use it on my gaming rig with sound card...
Ok we'll these were my first over ear headphones I fell in love with and there's plenty of reasons for that, I'll talk about the durability, comfort level and mind blowing bass first -...
My video review for those interested: The VS3S is a VSONIC’s latest earphone, and they have made a big claim. That is that these VS3S as well as their brother VSD3(at the current price of...
Introduction I got these headphones around the national holiday. These came out about 2 years after I had got my K701. I was first attracted by its classy design and colour. I thought I would...
Time to improve my setup
Gear mentioned in this thread:
What's wrong with the bass? Are you looking for deeper bass? Better-controlled bass? More, louder bass? All of the above?
I would try using EQ: http://www.head-fi.org/a/how-to-equalize-your-headphones-a-tutorial
If you wanted more bass, you should have gotten a different headphone.
Not to be negative, but that headphone simply won't get very bassy. The only thing you can do at this point is equalization, and only a little at that. Research equalization here.
The HD598 is a very good headphone. If you run a sine sweep test, the subbass on the HD598 is pretty representative of what it sounds like in real life. Problem is that due to headphone design, you won't be able to feel the bass. The Denons are your best bet if you want to feel subbass. Use the money on new headphones, not amp/ dac, as the improvements offered by an amp/ dac are very subtle.
The D2000 is, from what others claim, a very good headphone if you can properly equalize it. Without an equalizer, the HD598 simply has far superior midrange and treble.
- Time to improve my setup
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Audio Research PH6 phono preamp 11 seconds ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 15 seconds ago
- › e09k to the astro mixamp? 48 seconds ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Headphone extension cable signal loss 2 minutes ago
- › Ray Samuels Audio Emmeline HR-2 Headphone Amp in good condition 3 minutes ago
- › Custom AKG V-Moda Boom Pro Adapter (Testers Wanted) 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 5 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by WavyGravy1
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 710 Trendline Stereo Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Marshall Headphones - 'Major' Over Ear (Black) by Kordz
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by 12cc2
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by Tom22
- › AKG K 550 by QBoQBo
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)