Related Forum Threads
- Upgrade Options: Where to go from AKG K 702? Last post on 6/21/13 at 10:36pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Which HP to try next? Last post on 7/2/12 at 10:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- Poll: Genre Master Last post on 6/9/13 at 4:09am in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there any good headphone shops in Wellington, New Zealand? Last post on 1/2/14 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrade from HD-595? Last post on 11/29/12 at 9:51am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
Videos only at the moment. I'll do a write-up later. Apologies if you were hoping for something to read. Unboxing and design details: More details about the cables, sound and possible...
Introduction – Read Heath Audio (or RHA for short) are soon to release their latest and greatest earphone, the T10i. Much like the rest of RHA’s products, the T10i’s were designed to offer premium...
I've owned an EarMax and Sennheiser HD 580's for 20 years, so I'm already familiar with tubed OTL headphone amps. The linestage of my old Quicksilver started developing some noise, and I didn't...
I bought these from Amazon about 2 weeks ago, and felt buyer's remorse when I wasn't blown away by the sound. They aren't bad, but they do lack bass and the feel is cheap. They were somewhat...
I would like to thank Brainwavz for the review sample of R3! Brainwavz R3 is a dual dynamic drivers IEM. It has 2 dynamic drivers in each housing, facing each other into a sound blending...
The T90/AKG anniversary 702/HE-500. What is a girl ro do.. Help me decide.post #1 of 711/21/12 at 1:50pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 711/21/12 at 1:58pmpost #3 of 711/21/12 at 2:08pmpost #4 of 711/21/12 at 2:11pm
Tell us way more about what you're looking for, sound wise, criteria for the headphone, and your source equipment, as well as maximum budget, and what you listen to.
Very best,post #5 of 711/24/12 at 10:33amThread Starterpost #6 of 711/24/12 at 10:55am
you can find the t1 used for as low as 700. If you could find the lcd2 for that you'd have yourself a winner, though at that price you could get mid range electrostats, like the sr407 and such and suchpost #7 of 711/27/12 at 4:35pmI have both the AKG 702s and the Hifiman HE-500s. There is no question that the Hifiman headphones sound a lot better -- I love the AKGs, but the HE-500s are fantastic, much better bass, but better all around. NOW the only problem: I have had problems with my HE-500s: the ear pieces keep on detaching from the headband. They're held on by just two very small screws, a very flimsy arrangement; twice they've gone back to Audio Advisor -- I HOPE this time they'll just replace them; the plastic on the headbands which the earpieces screw into must just be fatigued or cracked. AA tried gluing them on last time I sent them in, and that worked for a while... I hope Hifiman is improving the mechanical design of these phones, which sound so good, but break so easily...
- The T90/AKG anniversary 702/HE-500. What is a girl ro do.. Help me decide.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › NEW! SONY NWZ-A10 Series Walkman. Micro SD Card Slot! 1 minute ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 2 minutes ago
- › Tera Player Thread - impressions, opinions, reviews , SQ. 4 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 7 minutes ago
- › Audio-Gd Master 7 - Discrete Fully Balanced DAC (PCM1704) 10 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 11 minutes ago
- › Kogan 8GB MP4 - The Player That Came From Nowhere: 11 minutes ago
- › Funny comments from the forums. 13 minutes ago
- › NocturnaL Audio Custom Headphone Cables 14 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Terja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by xonarboy87
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by castleofargh
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by manbear
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)