Related Forum Threads
- Upgrade Options: Where to go from AKG K 702? Last post on 6/21/13 at 10:36pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Which HP to try next? Last post on 7/2/12 at 10:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- Poll: Genre Master Last post on 6/9/13 at 4:09am in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there any good headphone shops in Wellington, New Zealand? Last post on 1/2/14 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrade from HD-595? Last post on 11/29/12 at 9:51am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
I bought a pair of HM5s about 6 months ago. They give you absolutely great sound for under $150 but I ran into a big problem. Both sides where the slider connects to the headphones started to...
First a bit of background on my experiences with headphone amps. I have tried the Fiio E17, Objective 2, the 2.3W amp built into my laptop, my Yamaha receiver's headphone out and a cheap $40...
I bought these cans 2 years ago and sold them to get the ATH-M50, which then lead me into the audio world. Overall these are good portable headphones with great build quality. The sound, however,...
The Sennheiser Momentum On Ear is bursting with goodness. Nice looks, sound, and great value to go with it. Now, Let's go straight into it! These look so phenomenal, with all that alcantara...
The Sennheiser PX 360 headphones look good, and are very comfortable, at least to me, but the earcups fit just nicely over my ears. Any smaller and I would not be able to fit these over my ears....
The T90/AKG anniversary 702/HE-500. What is a girl ro do.. Help me decide.post #1 of 711/21/12 at 1:50pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 711/21/12 at 1:58pmpost #3 of 711/21/12 at 2:08pmpost #4 of 711/21/12 at 2:11pm
Tell us way more about what you're looking for, sound wise, criteria for the headphone, and your source equipment, as well as maximum budget, and what you listen to.
Very best,post #5 of 711/24/12 at 10:33amThread Starterpost #6 of 711/24/12 at 10:55am
you can find the t1 used for as low as 700. If you could find the lcd2 for that you'd have yourself a winner, though at that price you could get mid range electrostats, like the sr407 and such and suchpost #7 of 711/27/12 at 4:35pmI have both the AKG 702s and the Hifiman HE-500s. There is no question that the Hifiman headphones sound a lot better -- I love the AKGs, but the HE-500s are fantastic, much better bass, but better all around. NOW the only problem: I have had problems with my HE-500s: the ear pieces keep on detaching from the headband. They're held on by just two very small screws, a very flimsy arrangement; twice they've gone back to Audio Advisor -- I HOPE this time they'll just replace them; the plastic on the headbands which the earpieces screw into must just be fatigued or cracked. AA tried gluing them on last time I sent them in, and that worked for a while... I hope Hifiman is improving the mechanical design of these phones, which sound so good, but break so easily...
- The T90/AKG anniversary 702/HE-500. What is a girl ro do.. Help me decide.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 4/17/2014: AKG... 1 second ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 30 seconds ago
- › High End CIEM/IEM Thread! 1 minute ago
- › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 2 minutes ago
- › Quality of Vsonic IEMS 2 minutes ago
- › iDSD micro Crowd-Design. Phase 2: Poll running and the micro iDSD... 3 minutes ago
- › New Audio-GD NFB-6 Balanced Amplifier 4 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 4 minutes ago
- › Pioneer SE-a1000 vs Ad700 and HD558 5 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 5 minutes ago
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by LaPierre
- › Noble Audio FR by HideousPride
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob