Related Forum Threads
- Upgrade Options: Where to go from AKG K 702? Last post on 6/21/13 at 10:36pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Which HP to try next? Last post on 7/2/12 at 10:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- Poll: Genre Master Last post on 6/9/13 at 4:09am in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there any good headphone shops in Wellington, New Zealand? Last post on 1/2/14 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrade from HD-595? Last post on 11/29/12 at 9:51am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
DAC OCU(B) 1866 — very interesting portable DAC/amp combo from Russian manufacturer Myst. Things I like: — Nice look. As OCUB is made in small quantities, it uses stock case, but case is fully...
i know you already read the threads full of people talking about how nice is this earphone. i know they're all talking about how cheap and bang for buck it is and which one is the original and...
Note: I'm not sure why, but for whatever reason the little bars at the side aren't matching what I put them to. Audio Quality, Design, and Value I all consider to be top notch, with comfort having...
This is a review of Bowers & Wilkins B&W C5 Series 2 (new 2014 version) in-ear premium headphones with in-line remote....
There aren't many sub-$10 IEMs in the market. With all the recent budget IEMs being priced at around $50, it leaves very little choice for people who are looking for a very cheap IEM. As far as I...
The T90/AKG anniversary 702/HE-500. What is a girl ro do.. Help me decide.post #1 of 711/21/12 at 1:50pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 711/21/12 at 1:58pmpost #3 of 711/21/12 at 2:08pmpost #4 of 711/21/12 at 2:11pm
Tell us way more about what you're looking for, sound wise, criteria for the headphone, and your source equipment, as well as maximum budget, and what you listen to.
Very best,post #5 of 711/24/12 at 10:33amThread Starterpost #6 of 711/24/12 at 10:55am
you can find the t1 used for as low as 700. If you could find the lcd2 for that you'd have yourself a winner, though at that price you could get mid range electrostats, like the sr407 and such and suchpost #7 of 711/27/12 at 4:35pmI have both the AKG 702s and the Hifiman HE-500s. There is no question that the Hifiman headphones sound a lot better -- I love the AKGs, but the HE-500s are fantastic, much better bass, but better all around. NOW the only problem: I have had problems with my HE-500s: the ear pieces keep on detaching from the headband. They're held on by just two very small screws, a very flimsy arrangement; twice they've gone back to Audio Advisor -- I HOPE this time they'll just replace them; the plastic on the headbands which the earpieces screw into must just be fatigued or cracked. AA tried gluing them on last time I sent them in, and that worked for a while... I hope Hifiman is improving the mechanical design of these phones, which sound so good, but break so easily...
- The T90/AKG anniversary 702/HE-500. What is a girl ro do.. Help me decide.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 17 seconds ago
- › Specialized companies and e-stores in EU for headphones and equipment 2 minutes ago
- › Bicycle-Fi! 2 minutes ago
- › Gustard U12 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 3 minutes ago
- › Eddie Current Balancing Act…. 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › FS: Bottlehead Crack w/ Speedball kit (or finished build) + many... 3 minutes ago
- › Looking for a good all round headphone 3 minutes ago
- › post your grado mods.... 3 minutes ago
- › Yulong's new DA8 4 minutes ago
- › MyST 1866 by cleg
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by vaziyetu
- › The Enigma by Levaix
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 S2 In-Ear Headphones, Black by twister6
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphones by twister6
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)