Related Forum Threads
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Upgrade Options: Where to go from AKG K 702? Last post on 6/21/13 at 10:36pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Which HP to try next? Last post on 7/2/12 at 10:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- Poll: Genre Master Last post on 6/9/13 at 4:09am in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there any good headphone shops in Wellington, New Zealand? Last post on 1/2/14 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 7/28/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 7/14/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 7/14/15
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
The Shure SE215 is the first IEM I owned and was the one that brought me in head-fi. I got mine for around $95 at the time after reading some reviews online here and there. Since then, I've learned...
The overall sound is similar to the Audeze LCD-2F - slightly on the warm side of neutral, but without the ultimate resolution the LCD-2F has. And easier to drive so you can plug them into your...
I have covered Tube Amp’s portable amps in the past (here and here). While the company is called ‘Tube Amp’, they don’t limit themselves to only tube amp, but also discrete amp. The LF-15 however...
So, first off, I must say that for 200 dollars (or 170, in my case, for a unit that was previously a store-display model), you CANNOT go wrong with this superb little DAP. The soundstage and...
I bought a pair of these for a real steal (used, for 70 bucks, on Amazon) earlier this month and I am LOVING them more than almost any other purchase I've made in my life. They sound amazing. ....
The T90/AKG anniversary 702/HE-500. What is a girl ro do.. Help me decide.post #1 of 711/21/12 at 1:50pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 711/21/12 at 1:58pmpost #3 of 711/21/12 at 2:08pmpost #4 of 711/21/12 at 2:11pm
Tell us way more about what you're looking for, sound wise, criteria for the headphone, and your source equipment, as well as maximum budget, and what you listen to.
Very best,post #5 of 711/24/12 at 10:33amThread Starterpost #6 of 711/24/12 at 10:55am
you can find the t1 used for as low as 700. If you could find the lcd2 for that you'd have yourself a winner, though at that price you could get mid range electrostats, like the sr407 and such and suchpost #7 of 711/27/12 at 4:35pmI have both the AKG 702s and the Hifiman HE-500s. There is no question that the Hifiman headphones sound a lot better -- I love the AKGs, but the HE-500s are fantastic, much better bass, but better all around. NOW the only problem: I have had problems with my HE-500s: the ear pieces keep on detaching from the headband. They're held on by just two very small screws, a very flimsy arrangement; twice they've gone back to Audio Advisor -- I HOPE this time they'll just replace them; the plastic on the headbands which the earpieces screw into must just be fatigued or cracked. AA tried gluing them on last time I sent them in, and that worked for a while... I hope Hifiman is improving the mechanical design of these phones, which sound so good, but break so easily...
- The T90/AKG anniversary 702/HE-500. What is a girl ro do.. Help me decide.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Pioneer's First Hi-End Headphones: SE-Master 1 6 seconds ago
- › Welcome to the SchiitShow! 21 seconds ago
- › Icon Audio HP8/MP 3 1 minute ago
- › Post Your Photography Here #2 (new dial-up 800X600 friendly) 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread 2 minutes ago
- › Trying to find some nice crisp/clear/crystal clear heahphones 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Shure SE215 by KewStone
- › VSONIC GR07 by MRC001
- › Tube Amp LF-15 by ClieOS
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by goodyfresh
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 by goodyfresh
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by snellemin
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by lin0003
- › Bette 10MM 1+1 Hybrid Wood Black by BloodyPenguin
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by sk2290
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by wrathzombie
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3