What's your source? M50 has a decent bass, but needs fairly strong amplification to bring out the impact and get the lows under control.
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 11/24/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 11/24/12
- productSony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 11/24/12
- productUltrasone DJ1tagged by System, 11/24/12
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by System, 11/24/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Your advice on a new headphone Last post on 3/21/13 at 12:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Anything better then the mth- M50s or equally as good for less money? Last post on 9/27/12 at 1:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which should I get: The ATH-M50s, the Ultrasone HFI 580, or the DJ1 pros? Last post on 9/14/12 at 4:17am in Headphones (full-size)
- Dubstep Headphones Last post on 11/20/12 at 7:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Today
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
My audio chain is MP3@320 or FLAC > HiFimeDIY USB Isolator > HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 > Fiio 6" cable > Objective2 w/ 16v 400mA adapter > M-Audio Q40. There isn't much I have to add to other...
My audio chain is MP3@320 or FLAC > HiFimeDIY USB Isolator > HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 > Fiio 6" cable > Objective2 w/ 16v 400mA adapter > SR950. The SR950s are fairly detailed headphones possessing a...
My audio chain is MP3@320 or FLAC > HiFimeDIY USB Isolator > HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 > Fiio 6" cable > Objective2 w/ 16v 400mA adapter > HPH-200. If you are looking for a ~$100 on ear open can that...
First of all, I gave these a 3 star mostly for their price. At about 9 bucks they are about the cheapest headphones around. I mean, who is going to pass up a deal like that. They are dirt cheap and...
Q-audio French Silk Aftermarket Cable for MrSpeakers Alpha Dog INTRODUCTION I have spent a little over two months with the Alpha Dogs and its stock cable. About one month into the journey...
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Did I get a pair of duds or are these the most overrated headphones ever? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
If you want that much bass in a headphone, Sony XB500's are probably where you want to be. The model i linked you to is very well reviewed among bass heads. I haven't seen any reviews over the newer model yet.
From what i've experienced though, in-ear monitors (earbuds) have more bass impact than headphones. I'm sure a few people on the forums can help point you into the right direction if you want to go that route :]
The break-in is the drivers' suspension loosening up. What stands to gain primarily are the frequencies that require the most excursion, IOW bass.
I'm using them with my computer. Onboard sound card if it makes a difference.
Edited by ShowerShltter - 11/20/12 at 10:43pm
Alright here's the deal...these cans are slowly starting to grow on me.
However I neglected to mention one important thing. For me, they're not very comfortable.
I don't know if I should return them and buy something else, or keep them lol.
If I do end up returning them, what other cans should I consider? Trying to stay under one fiddy.
- Did I get a pair of duds or are these the most overrated headphones ever?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › iBasso DX50 Thread (New^4 firmware update! V1.2.2) 16 seconds ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 50 seconds ago
- › = Hifiman HE500 & HE400 Jergpad Mod v2.5 = (Modulor orders updated... 1 minute ago
- › Frequencies, Hertz-es, Ohm-ses..tired of them ? Visit the FUN... 1 minute ago
- › New Cans for an Audio Newb 2 minutes ago
- › The Beta 22 Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Ultrasone Signature DJ 4 minutes ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Parts/Overclocking) 4 minutes ago
- › The AKG K712 Pro Support and Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Headphones for gaming 6 minutes ago
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by adevriesc
- › Samson SR950 by adevriesc
- › Yamaha HPH-200 Headphone (Black) by adevriesc
- › Skullcandy INK'D Earbuds (Green) by Bassbanger101
- › Q-Audio French Silk Cable by WNBC
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by boombox589
- › Audio-gd Master 9 Preamp & Headphone amp by staalf
- › Sennheiser Momentum by commodent
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by Quaresma
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Kiats
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi