What's your source? M50 has a decent bass, but needs fairly strong amplification to bring out the impact and get the lows under control.
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 11/24/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 11/24/12
- productSony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 11/24/12
- productUltrasone DJ1tagged by System, 11/24/12
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by System, 11/24/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Your advice on a new headphone Last post on 3/21/13 at 12:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Anything better then the mth- M50s or equally as good for less money? Last post on 9/27/12 at 1:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which should I get: The ATH-M50s, the Ultrasone HFI 580, or the DJ1 pros? Last post on 9/14/12 at 4:17am in Headphones (full-size)
- Dubstep Headphones Last post on 11/20/12 at 7:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
I was provided a review sample and appreciate the generosity and opportunity to listen and review the Brainwavz S5. I've owned many Brainwavz earphones ranging from the Beta through the B2...
Got a good local deal on these as the are being replaced by the SoundTrue variant, which as far as I can tell, only adds a case and different colors. The Bose AE2 are a very lightweight...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Did I get a pair of duds or are these the most overrated headphones ever? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
If you want that much bass in a headphone, Sony XB500's are probably where you want to be. The model i linked you to is very well reviewed among bass heads. I haven't seen any reviews over the newer model yet.
From what i've experienced though, in-ear monitors (earbuds) have more bass impact than headphones. I'm sure a few people on the forums can help point you into the right direction if you want to go that route :]
The break-in is the drivers' suspension loosening up. What stands to gain primarily are the frequencies that require the most excursion, IOW bass.
I'm using them with my computer. Onboard sound card if it makes a difference.
Edited by ShowerShltter - 11/20/12 at 10:43pm
Alright here's the deal...these cans are slowly starting to grow on me.
However I neglected to mention one important thing. For me, they're not very comfortable.
I don't know if I should return them and buy something else, or keep them lol.
If I do end up returning them, what other cans should I consider? Trying to stay under one fiddy.
- Did I get a pair of duds or are these the most overrated headphones ever?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 10 seconds ago
- › ADVICE WELCOME Some help on a New pair of In ears, a little stuck... 26 seconds ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 1 minute ago
- › Pics of Headphones... Rules: ONE PIC. NO WORDS! 1 minute ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 2 minutes ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 3 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 3 minutes ago
- › IEMs that are way low priced for it's sonic quality 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by DannyBai
- › Bose®AE2 audio headphones by Blinxat
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)