What's your source? M50 has a decent bass, but needs fairly strong amplification to bring out the impact and get the lows under control.
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 11/24/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 11/24/12
- productSony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 11/24/12
- productUltrasone DJ1tagged by System, 11/24/12
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by System, 11/24/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Your advice on a new headphone Last post on 3/21/13 at 12:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Anything better then the mth- M50s or equally as good for less money? Last post on 9/27/12 at 1:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which should I get: The ATH-M50s, the Ultrasone HFI 580, or the DJ1 pros? Last post on 9/14/12 at 4:17am in Headphones (full-size)
- Dubstep Headphones Last post on 11/20/12 at 7:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
Did I get a pair of duds or are these the most overrated headphones ever? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
If you want that much bass in a headphone, Sony XB500's are probably where you want to be. The model i linked you to is very well reviewed among bass heads. I haven't seen any reviews over the newer model yet.
From what i've experienced though, in-ear monitors (earbuds) have more bass impact than headphones. I'm sure a few people on the forums can help point you into the right direction if you want to go that route :]
The break-in is the drivers' suspension loosening up. What stands to gain primarily are the frequencies that require the most excursion, IOW bass.
I'm using them with my computer. Onboard sound card if it makes a difference.
Edited by ShowerShltter - 11/20/12 at 10:43pm
Alright here's the deal...these cans are slowly starting to grow on me.
However I neglected to mention one important thing. For me, they're not very comfortable.
I don't know if I should return them and buy something else, or keep them lol.
If I do end up returning them, what other cans should I consider? Trying to stay under one fiddy.
- Did I get a pair of duds or are these the most overrated headphones ever?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The NEW Headphone Lounge Thread 48 seconds ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (The IEM Bass club) 1 minute ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 1 minute ago
- › Grateful Dead Discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Joni Mitchell 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 4 minutes ago
- › New Audio Technica ATH-M50x with Removable Cable 4 minutes ago
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by suman134
- › Noontec Hammo S Over Ear Headphone Audiophile Sound Stylish Looking... by Lunatique
- › RHA T20 by LFC_SL
- › OPPO PM-3 by RazrLeaf
- › Xtreme Xplosives In Ear by Omar717
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by morethansense
- › Sony XBA-10/N Gold | Balanced Armature In-Ear Headphones (Japanese... by LikeABell
- › Joseph Grado HPA-1 by kayandjohn
- › Creative Sound Blaster E1 Portable Headphone Amplifier with... by Evshrug
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1+ Bluetooth Wireless Headphones by pformagg
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)