What's your source? M50 has a decent bass, but needs fairly strong amplification to bring out the impact and get the lows under control.
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 11/24/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 11/24/12
- productSony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 11/24/12
- productUltrasone DJ1tagged by System, 11/24/12
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by System, 11/24/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Your advice on a new headphone Last post on 3/21/13 at 12:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Anything better then the mth- M50s or equally as good for less money? Last post on 9/27/12 at 1:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which should I get: The ATH-M50s, the Ultrasone HFI 580, or the DJ1 pros? Last post on 9/14/12 at 4:17am in Headphones (full-size)
- Dubstep Headphones Last post on 11/20/12 at 7:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
Did I get a pair of duds or are these the most overrated headphones ever? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
If you want that much bass in a headphone, Sony XB500's are probably where you want to be. The model i linked you to is very well reviewed among bass heads. I haven't seen any reviews over the newer model yet.
From what i've experienced though, in-ear monitors (earbuds) have more bass impact than headphones. I'm sure a few people on the forums can help point you into the right direction if you want to go that route :]
The break-in is the drivers' suspension loosening up. What stands to gain primarily are the frequencies that require the most excursion, IOW bass.
I'm using them with my computer. Onboard sound card if it makes a difference.
Edited by ShowerShltter - 11/20/12 at 10:43pm
Alright here's the deal...these cans are slowly starting to grow on me.
However I neglected to mention one important thing. For me, they're not very comfortable.
I don't know if I should return them and buy something else, or keep them lol.
If I do end up returning them, what other cans should I consider? Trying to stay under one fiddy.
- Did I get a pair of duds or are these the most overrated headphones ever?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Music Game IX 14 seconds ago
- › Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid... 54 seconds ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Gustard U12 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 3 minutes ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced - updated with... 3 minutes ago
- › Soundcard/DAC + headphones for PC gaming and movies 4 minutes ago
- › are these Sony MDR-V6 fake? with pics 5 minutes ago
- › = Hifiman “Fuzzor” Mod = (Driver backwave felt damping modification) 5 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern AK 100 Mk2 7 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Terja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by xonarboy87
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by castleofargh
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by manbear
- › FitEar Private 333 by Kiats
- › Beyerdynamic XP1 by SawItComing
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS77 SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan Import) by DisCHORDDubstep
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by thatBeatsguy
- › Fostex TH 900 by smitty1110
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)