What's your source? M50 has a decent bass, but needs fairly strong amplification to bring out the impact and get the lows under control.
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 11/24/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 11/24/12
- productSony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 11/24/12
- productUltrasone DJ1tagged by System, 11/24/12
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by System, 11/24/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Your advice on a new headphone Last post on 3/21/13 at 12:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Anything better then the mth- M50s or equally as good for less money? Last post on 9/27/12 at 1:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which should I get: The ATH-M50s, the Ultrasone HFI 580, or the DJ1 pros? Last post on 9/14/12 at 4:17am in Headphones (full-size)
- Dubstep Headphones Last post on 11/20/12 at 7:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
Did I get a pair of duds or are these the most overrated headphones ever? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
If you want that much bass in a headphone, Sony XB500's are probably where you want to be. The model i linked you to is very well reviewed among bass heads. I haven't seen any reviews over the newer model yet.
From what i've experienced though, in-ear monitors (earbuds) have more bass impact than headphones. I'm sure a few people on the forums can help point you into the right direction if you want to go that route :]
The break-in is the drivers' suspension loosening up. What stands to gain primarily are the frequencies that require the most excursion, IOW bass.
I'm using them with my computer. Onboard sound card if it makes a difference.
Edited by ShowerShltter - 11/20/12 at 10:43pm
Alright here's the deal...these cans are slowly starting to grow on me.
However I neglected to mention one important thing. For me, they're not very comfortable.
I don't know if I should return them and buy something else, or keep them lol.
If I do end up returning them, what other cans should I consider? Trying to stay under one fiddy.
- Did I get a pair of duds or are these the most overrated headphones ever?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 9 seconds ago
- › SennGrado Appreciation Thread 57 seconds ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 1 minute ago
- › Official NYC Metro Area "Headphonatics Anonymous" Fall Meet -... 1 minute ago
- › Console soundcard? 2 minutes ago
- › The Everything MOD Gallery! 2 minutes ago
- › Open-ear headphone with nice, crisp bass? 3 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 3 minutes ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 4 minutes ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 5 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by MenacingTuba
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by Mshenay
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by shotgunshane
- › AKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature... by Nec3
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by CasperBxl
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by Currawong
- › Alessandro MS1i by Mshenay
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by ringofoaksmusic
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by AManAnd88Keys
- › Dunu DN-1000 by chupacabra314
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)