I feel like everyone beats on Grado's looks. Anybody out there other than me think they're some of the coolest looking headphones ever?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Grado Sr325is vs RS2i vs PS500 Last post on 5/7/13 at 8:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Grado Headphone..? Last post on 10/30/12 at 12:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Cheap Grado? Last post on 8/4/10 at 1:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
- How bright are Grados? Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- Why everyone should have a Grado as their 2nd headphone. Last post on 3/31/13 at 8:00am in Headphones (full-size)
I bought these this week from amazon.co.uk for £10 including delivery. That's US $15. Packaging, appearance, warranty, euro-nanny knows best: Mine arrived in the small European packaging box,...
Absolutely beautiful little player. It's just a gorgeous chunk of tech that feels good to hold. For me personally tech has to have form as well as function and the AK120 doesn't disappoint on...
I agree w most reviews that these does not warrant the $499 MSRP. (Then rather opt for D5k, D7k). BUT - at the +-$230 range I got them at (Amazon warehouse) - these are VERY good value for...
Disclaimer- This review has been written based on past 2 year’s observations. I am not a part of the audio industry or trade and I represent no one but myself, and this review is written...
Introduction The easiest way to explain the Sennheiser CX-150's is that they do what you can reasonably expect. You can't really expect much from a pair of sub-50 dollar IEM's, and frankly, I...
Anybody else think Grado headphones look BOSS?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Oh man those are beautiful.
They're just so classy and elegant..
To get a bit off topic, whats the deal with Alessandro and Grado anyway? The Alessandro Ms1's and Grado Sr 80i's are the same right? So why do 2 different companies produce the same product?
I do, always have. Don't think SR series or <PS500 quite capture what RS series possess, but come close enough. More is less, keep it simple yadayada etc.
EDIT: Less is more maybe.. but hey works that way around aswell!
Edited by keppa - 11/20/12 at 5:40am
Grado's are one of the best examples of form following function. Very minimalistic design in both regards.
A few simple material choices later, and they produce really good looking cans.
The custom Grados, with the Magnum v.4 drivers are about the best one can get for the amount of money paid. Custom wooden cups provide an excellent upgrade to the visual appearance as well as provide an improvement in sound quality. Plus, one can buy a nice leather headband that is better than the original leather headbands from Grado that they supply on their higher end 'phones. If comfort is an issue, there are many pad choices to include the Sennheiser pads, with the quarter mod performed. The yellow pads can be dyed any color desired, or you can find them on eBay already died and modified.
Grados have that retro thing going on, that I really enjoy. They have that raw sound that most people love because it reminds them of their first concert. Raw, tons of feedback humming, loud, piercing, but still articulate. Grado does it.
I just wish they were not virtually all on-ear, and I wish the g-cush pads didn't essentially wreck the sound while making them comfortable (even with equalization, it's still just not the same). If Grado would produce an over-hear headphone in the prestige series line, ie, affordable, instead of all on-ear, I would be an instant customer yet again. And they definitely need to bring back gold/brass. Too much silver and black. Give us some warm metals!
No pain, no gain
Put KSC75-like pads underneath your bowls, you will never feel them again.
I used to use bowls all the time, but I just (today) converted myself entirely to TTVJ flat pads for good, since I realized I loved their sound the most... but I'll need to get use to their lower comfort level. In the past, I hated it them because in the long run they would become awfully irritating and almost painful.
So I will have to fight that monster when it'll come to attack me.
The look of the prestige (which you can still buy new in the form of a Alessandro MS-1, non "i") with flat pads on it, for me, is the best carrier of that petroleum colored, dirty simple, vintage looking, function-oriented headphone design.
And special mention to that Grado headphone after which all of those who followed were designed and to the Vintage RS-1 which looks immensely good in my opinion, but since these aren't around anymore... this line shall be in a smaller font!
Edited by devouringone3 - 11/20/12 at 5:45pm
Hard to do without changing or ruining the sound completely.
- Anybody else think Grado headphones look BOSS?
- › HD598 still the King for Gaming? 4 seconds ago
- › The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. 1 minute ago
- › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp (80 Hours from a Single Charge!)... 1 minute ago
- › Post The Live Album Your Listening To 1 minute ago
- › Any Opera recordings available in high definition online? 1 minute ago
- › ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ i.e. Don't start a... 1 minute ago
- › Bakoon HPA-21 headphone amplifier, one of the best 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Gallery!! 4 minutes ago
- › Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread 4 minutes ago
- › Koss KSC75 Portable Stereophone Headphones by julian67
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by GSARider
- › Denon AH-D600 by johangrb
- › Sennheiser HD 250 Linear II by xEcuToR
- › Sennheiser CX150 Ear-Canal Phones by BadMoose
- › Rhapsodio RDB+ 2v1 by svyr
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad1000x by a_recording
- › Schiit Valhalla by Rem0o
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by derbigpr
- › Colorfly Pocket Hi-fi C4 by yxmees
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe