I feel like everyone beats on Grado's looks. Anybody out there other than me think they're some of the coolest looking headphones ever?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Grado Sr325is vs RS2i vs PS500 Last post on 12/15/13 at 6:57pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Grado Headphone..? Last post on 9/23/13 at 5:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Cheap Grado? Last post on 8/4/10 at 1:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
- How bright are Grados? Last post on 7/20/13 at 3:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Why everyone should have a Grado as their 2nd headphone. Last post on 3/31/13 at 8:00am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 9/27/11
get one if you can , come with a small plastic carry case too and about SQ its a 3580 with a bit more forward mids and smaller bass . bass is as deep as 3580 , nice detail , good mids , vocals are...
yeah these off the market , but i thought lets have a small evaluation of it . nice cable , there is a cable clip , comply tips , nice carry pouch and 3 size of rubber tips . in audio...
These are everything you'd expect from a flagship headphone, only MORE, because some flagships have come to disappoint me, even from the more expensive brands. In a lot of markets, I find there is...
I am a Grado fan. More precisely, I am a Grado modder. Everything I listen to is tinkered with, and woodied….Needless to say, I favor a bright sound signature, open-backs and am not very into IEMs....
www.krish-tech.com INTRODUCTION M AUDIO BX5 D2 is a studio monitor,which means that it is mostly used for mixing in studios but that doesn't mean it's not a good desktop speakers in...
- Grado Modification Overview
Anybody else think Grado headphones look BOSS?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Oh man those are beautiful.
They're just so classy and elegant..
To get a bit off topic, whats the deal with Alessandro and Grado anyway? The Alessandro Ms1's and Grado Sr 80i's are the same right? So why do 2 different companies produce the same product?
I do, always have. Don't think SR series or <PS500 quite capture what RS series possess, but come close enough. More is less, keep it simple yadayada etc.
EDIT: Less is more maybe.. but hey works that way around aswell!
Edited by keppa - 11/20/12 at 5:40am
Grado's are one of the best examples of form following function. Very minimalistic design in both regards.
A few simple material choices later, and they produce really good looking cans.
The custom Grados, with the Magnum v.4 drivers are about the best one can get for the amount of money paid. Custom wooden cups provide an excellent upgrade to the visual appearance as well as provide an improvement in sound quality. Plus, one can buy a nice leather headband that is better than the original leather headbands from Grado that they supply on their higher end 'phones. If comfort is an issue, there are many pad choices to include the Sennheiser pads, with the quarter mod performed. The yellow pads can be dyed any color desired, or you can find them on eBay already died and modified.
Grados have that retro thing going on, that I really enjoy. They have that raw sound that most people love because it reminds them of their first concert. Raw, tons of feedback humming, loud, piercing, but still articulate. Grado does it.
I just wish they were not virtually all on-ear, and I wish the g-cush pads didn't essentially wreck the sound while making them comfortable (even with equalization, it's still just not the same). If Grado would produce an over-hear headphone in the prestige series line, ie, affordable, instead of all on-ear, I would be an instant customer yet again. And they definitely need to bring back gold/brass. Too much silver and black. Give us some warm metals!
Put KSC75-like pads underneath your bowls, you will never feel them again.
I used to use bowls all the time, but I just (today) converted myself entirely to TTVJ flat pads for good, since I realized I loved their sound the most... but I'll need to get use to their lower comfort level. In the past, I hated it them because in the long run they would become awfully irritating and almost painful.
So I will have to fight that monster when it'll come to attack me.
The look of the prestige (which you can still buy new in the form of a Alessandro MS-1, non "i") with flat pads on it, for me, is the best carrier of that petroleum colored, dirty simple, vintage looking, function-oriented headphone design.
And special mention to that Grado headphone after which all of those who followed were designed and to the Vintage RS-1 which looks immensely good in my opinion, but since these aren't around anymore... this line shall be in a smaller font!
Edited by devouringone3 - 11/20/12 at 5:45pm
Hard to do without changing or ruining the sound completely.
- Anybody else think Grado headphones look BOSS?
- › Grado SR80e vs Beyerdynamic dt880 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › Audio-GD Master 9 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X7, what is your dream DAP? 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 2 minutes ago
- › Grado PS500s (new Grado's) 3 minutes ago
- › DAC-X10: Worthy Budget 32/384 ES9018 Rig? 3 minutes ago
- › Westone W60 Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Philips SHE3680 Headphones, Wired by suman134
- › Philips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acoustics by suman134
- › audio-technica AIR Dinamic Headphone ATH-AD2000X (Japan Import) by Quazimoto
- › HiSoundAudio E212 by fleasbaby
- › M-Audio BX5 D2 by krishtrinity1
- › iFi iCan Nano Portable Headphone Amp by ClieOS
- › iFi Nano iDSD by ClieOS
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by wigglepuff
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by cleg
- › Grado Labs PS500e by xylin6
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)