Thought I would give a kudos to Westone for their excellent customer service. I bought a monitor vault in May of this year. Just through normal use, the plastic latch cracked all the way through and was about to break completely off. I had read on the forums about another person who had the same thing happen with his monitor vault. I thought I should at least email Westone and let them know, in case it's a common problem that they might need to address. They apologized and shipped me a replacement latch, which arrived in 3 days, and was very easy to install. I only hope the same thing doesn't happen to this latch, but at least Westone stands behind their products.
- productWestone Monitor Vault - Smoke Graytagged by System, 11/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- Cases suitable for carrying around CIEMs? Last post on 4/14/14 at 9:35pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM Storage... Last post on 11/7/12 at 9:22pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone Monitor Vault: First Impressions Last post on 6/11/14 at 4:43pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
After owning the PS Audio PWD II for six months, most recently running firmware version 2.4.6 (which is the best I tried), I wanted to move to a dac/preamp solution that would include analog inputs...
Prior to owning the Ref 1, Tralucent Audio was primarily known to me for it Uber cable as well as its silver/gold cable. I own both cables terminated for Fitear customs. I have had the Ref 1...
Introduction – As the current flagship of the young company Brainwavz, the R3 has a quite a lot on its shoulders. Utilizing a relatively new dual-dynamic driver configuration, uncommon with most...
Disclaimer: a. I am in no way affiliated with Fiio b. The X1 audition was a part of a world tour audition. c. There is no monetary or in kind gain due to the audition. With the disclaimer...
I'd say this is a great set of IEMs for its price if you're looking for that consumer v-shaped sound sig. It's not the most balanced sound sig, but for what it is, it sounds pretty good. The mids...
Westone Monitor Vault and Customer Service
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I have seen crack on my monitor vault as well - not on the latch but on the case where the metal pins hold the latch (both side). It wasn't serious enough for replacement so I strengthen the area with superglue and so far it seems to hold itself well enough. No doubt Westone will take care of it but I have my doubt on the choice of plastic material on the monitor vault. It doesn't seems to take stress well, at least far less than what Pelican or Otter box can do, which is a shame as it does have the right size for holding CIEM.
- Westone Monitor Vault and Customer Service
- › FS: Resonessence Labs - Concero HD DAC 58 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions,... 1 minute ago
- › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and... 1 minute ago
- › hfb_chat - Discussion, suggestions, ballroom dancing 1 minute ago
- › recommendation for new IEMs 2 minutes ago
- › [New] Philips Fidelio X1 2 minutes ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 2 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › Less than $300 Over the Ear for my Teenage Son (who wants Beats!) 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Grace Design m920 by boatheelmusic
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kiats
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by Audiophile1811
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by hitchhiker
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by Midgetguy
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Rajikaru
- › MyST 1866 by cleg
- › The Enigma by Levaix
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 S2 In-Ear Headphones, Black by twister6
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)