Thought I would give a kudos to Westone for their excellent customer service. I bought a monitor vault in May of this year. Just through normal use, the plastic latch cracked all the way through and was about to break completely off. I had read on the forums about another person who had the same thing happen with his monitor vault. I thought I should at least email Westone and let them know, in case it's a common problem that they might need to address. They apologized and shipped me a replacement latch, which arrived in 3 days, and was very easy to install. I only hope the same thing doesn't happen to this latch, but at least Westone stands behind their products.
- productWestone Monitor Vault - Smoke Graytagged by System, 11/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- Cases suitable for carrying around CIEMs? Last post on 2/18/15 at 2:22pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM Storage... Last post on 11/7/12 at 9:22pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone Monitor Vault: First Impressions Last post on 1/4/15 at 11:20pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
I do not own this unit – I had this unit from @fnkcow With Impedance of 320ohm this earbuds need a good amp to show its worth. I use my phone during my first listen to the zen and it sounds...
Cayin C5DAC: A Deadly Challenger in the Portable Market *Please click on the photos for the highest quality. [[SPOILER]] About me & IntroductionI am a student who is a music...
Me: am an amateur musician & avid admirer of music from India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
I bought these on Geekbuying after a considerable price drop to about $16 USD. Having missed out on the hype for the Piston 2, I decided to pick up the Piston 3 instead. The other bang-for-buck IEM...
My WA5-LE is by far the most expensive component in my system, but I can see why. The moment I un-packaged this very heavy piece of kit, I could tell I was in for a ride. By size alone it...
Westone Monitor Vault and Customer Service
I have seen crack on my monitor vault as well - not on the latch but on the case where the metal pins hold the latch (both side). It wasn't serious enough for replacement so I strengthen the area with superglue and so far it seems to hold itself well enough. No doubt Westone will take care of it but I have my doubt on the choice of plastic material on the monitor vault. It doesn't seems to take stress well, at least far less than what Pelican or Otter box can do, which is a shame as it does have the right size for holding CIEM.
- Westone Monitor Vault and Customer Service
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) 6 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 48 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK120 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 + Custom Balanced Cable 3 minutes ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 vs AKG 612 Pro. What is the better choice for... 9 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why delta-sigma kinda sucks, just... 10 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 10 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-D7000 11 minutes ago
- › VE Zen by boneofimba
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by xkonfuzed
- › TCG Audio TRD3+ Desktop HeadAmp & 32/384DAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 in-ear headphones by FYLegend
- › Woo Audio WA5 LE by Nosbig
- › RHA T20 by nmatheis
- › Microsoft Lumia 435 UNLOCKED Windows Phone 8 WP8 2G GSM... by mark2410
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Pokemonn
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by Cotnijoe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by ActiveTechREV
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)