Thought I would give a kudos to Westone for their excellent customer service. I bought a monitor vault in May of this year. Just through normal use, the plastic latch cracked all the way through and was about to break completely off. I had read on the forums about another person who had the same thing happen with his monitor vault. I thought I should at least email Westone and let them know, in case it's a common problem that they might need to address. They apologized and shipped me a replacement latch, which arrived in 3 days, and was very easy to install. I only hope the same thing doesn't happen to this latch, but at least Westone stands behind their products.
- productWestone Monitor Vault - Smoke Graytagged by System, 11/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- Cases suitable for carrying around CIEMs? Last post on 2/18/15 at 2:22pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM Storage... Last post on 11/7/12 at 9:22pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone Monitor Vault: First Impressions Last post on 1/4/15 at 11:20pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
I will leave the technical speak and unboxing play-by-play to the reviews that are already here, done by people who do a much better job than I can currently manage. Just know that the iDSD Micro...
Ok, I've had these for a while now and decided to leave some feedback on these. First thing, the sound from these IEM's (earphones) are nothing short of excellent with a few minor dislikes. At...
I purchased a Bakoon HPA-01 off Massdrop for around $1200 (it is normally around $1700 retail) due to the reputation of Bakoon Japan for making stunning amps. The HPA-01 is from Bakoon Korea,...
It would be impossible to replicate my first impressions of the Pioneer Superior Club Sound in-ear headphone series. As such, if you’d like my initial reaction, check out myPioneer SE-CX9 review....
Intro/Setup The on-ear open-back design is not a very popular segment. I suspect most overlook this category largely because of the lack of isolation compared to the many closed-back...
Westone Monitor Vault and Customer Service
I have seen crack on my monitor vault as well - not on the latch but on the case where the metal pins hold the latch (both side). It wasn't serious enough for replacement so I strengthen the area with superglue and so far it seems to hold itself well enough. No doubt Westone will take care of it but I have my doubt on the choice of plastic material on the monitor vault. It doesn't seems to take stress well, at least far less than what Pelican or Otter box can do, which is a shame as it does have the right size for holding CIEM.
- Westone Monitor Vault and Customer Service
- › Help - Android DAC/AMP to drive 250ohms 25 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 55 seconds ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.2 1 minute ago
- › La Figaro 339 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 2 minutes ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 2 minutes ago
- › LAMPIZATOR THREAD COMMENTS REVIEWS TUNING 3 minutes ago
- › PC Gaming / voice recording setup 4 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 4 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by knorris908
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by interpolate
- › Bakoon HPA-01 by Currawong
- › Pioneer SE-CX8-T Headphone, Bright Copper by Luckbad
- › Sennheiser HD 239 Headphones Black by rigodeni
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by twister6
- › Signature Acoustics O16 Live by kova4a
- › Sennheiser HD 428 Headphones by rensin
- › JVC HAF14B - Gumy Earbud Headphones by LuigiSound
- › Grado SR80i Headphones by Pirakaphile
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2