Thought I would give a kudos to Westone for their excellent customer service. I bought a monitor vault in May of this year. Just through normal use, the plastic latch cracked all the way through and was about to break completely off. I had read on the forums about another person who had the same thing happen with his monitor vault. I thought I should at least email Westone and let them know, in case it's a common problem that they might need to address. They apologized and shipped me a replacement latch, which arrived in 3 days, and was very easy to install. I only hope the same thing doesn't happen to this latch, but at least Westone stands behind their products.
- productWestone Monitor Vault - Smoke Graytagged by System, 11/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- Cases suitable for carrying around CIEMs? Last post on 12/27/12 at 2:12pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM Storage... Last post on 11/7/12 at 9:22pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone Monitor Vault: First Impressions Last post on 11/8/13 at 10:04pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Cables & Accessories)
Last edited: 12/4/13
Introduction - The HD 518's are the starter model in the Sennheiser's audiophile range. They are really VFM and a good starter audiophile headphone for people who are looking into going the...
I got these on a pawn shop deal, and wanted some cheap headphones that could deliver for what I was looking for. An all-arounder that provided clarity, good bass, nice treble, and handled all...
Introduction: I still don't know why I keep buying headphones, really! I thought I was done but no, headphones like this one have to pop up on my radar and I'm weak enough that I have to buy...
Comparing these to my Philips L1 and my Beyer T1 they have a lot more mid-bass through midrange and are slightly tilted toward the high. They sound great but quite a bit different sound signature...
DISCLAIMER This review is based on the demo set at Jaben Singapore, which I have demoed extensively no less than 3 times. Though fit is pretty good, but as perfect fit is not achieved, I shall...
Westone Monitor Vault and Customer Service
I have seen crack on my monitor vault as well - not on the latch but on the case where the metal pins hold the latch (both side). It wasn't serious enough for replacement so I strengthen the area with superglue and so far it seems to hold itself well enough. No doubt Westone will take care of it but I have my doubt on the choice of plastic material on the monitor vault. It doesn't seems to take stress well, at least far less than what Pelican or Otter box can do, which is a shame as it does have the right size for holding CIEM.
- Westone Monitor Vault and Customer Service
- › Schiit Owners Unite 25 seconds ago
- › HiFiMan RE-600 Review 39 seconds ago
- › Comparisons: B&W P7, PSB M4U2, Momentum, MDR-1R, QC15, DT1350,... 53 seconds ago
- › wi-fi capable with great sound? 1 minute ago
- › PS Audio's new DAC - NuWave 1 minute ago
- › How to connect sub to Audio engine a2? Help audio Gurus 1 minute ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 2 minutes ago
- › Final Audio Design FAD - Heaven IV Black (BNIB) 3 minutes ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by xoriac
- › Roland RH-200 Monitor Headphones by IEMagnet01
- › Perfect Sound d901b by gelocks
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by groovyd
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Joe-Siow
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by kingpage
- › Sony NWZ-A818 8GB by stuartfang
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by adevriesc
- › Samson SR950 by adevriesc
- › Yamaha HPH-200 Headphone (Black) by adevriesc
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe