- 481 Posts. Joined 11/2012
- Location: Cornwall and Devon UK
- Select All Posts By This User
- productALO Audio Rx Mk3 Balanced Headphone Amptagged by System, 11/30/12
- productALO Audio The Continental V2 Mobile Vacuum Tube Amplifiertagged by System, 11/30/12
- productALO Audio The Pan Amtagged by System, 11/30/12
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 11/30/12
- productGraham Slee Voyagertagged by System, 11/30/12
- productHeadAmp pico USB DAC/Amptagged by System, 11/30/12
- productiBasso D7tagged by System, 11/30/12
- productLeckerton Audio UHA-6S MKIItagged by System, 11/30/12
- productRay Samuels Audio Emmeline SR-71B Balanced Amptagged by System, 11/30/12
- productRay Samuels Emmeline "The Black Bird" SR-71A Portable Headphone Amptagged by System, 11/30/12More
- productRay Samuels The Intrudertagged by System, 11/30/12
- productSchiit Gungnirtagged by System, 11/30/12
- productVorzuge VorzAMPduotagged by System, 11/30/12
- productVorzuge VorzAMPpuretagged by System, 11/30/12
Related Forum Threads
- Searching for a High-End Portable amp for my customs Last post on 8/1/12 at 8:03am in Portable Headphone Amps
- ALO Rx Mk3 versus Blackbird 71b amps Last post on 7/3/12 at 6:41am in Portable Headphone Amps
- A Rig to take Round The World.....what would it include and why? Last post on 3/20/13 at 10:14am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Mid - High End DAC/AMP Combos (Please Rate) Last post on 12/12/12 at 8:35am in Portable Headphone Amps
- High end battery operated portable 24/192 USB DAC/Amp Last post on 10/23/13 at 3:19pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 7/30/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 7/10/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
I don’t get asked very often about the Private 333 amongst the Fitear customs I own. Nor do you hear people raving about it as you might in respect of the C435, the MH 334 and the MH335DW....
Before I begin with my review of the Beyerdynamic XP1, all of the below are solely what I’ve managed to get out of the IEM, I suggest to try it out or read some other people’s review to get a...
See The Whole Review With Pictures Here: http://db-headphones.blogspot.com ... Oh and ignore the sliders for the audio quality, value etc. I can't edit the slider scoring on mobile. Disclaimer: I...
Disclaimer First of all, huge thanks to Audrey and the Brainwavz team for giving me the opportunity to write this review. Please note that I was not paid to write this review, nor am I...
First, the normal boilerplate stuff - Audio setup - FLAC files in Media Monkey -> Amazon Basics TOSLINK cable -> Schiit Bifrost w/Uber upgrade -> Knukoncept Shielded RCAs -> Project Ember...
Best choice for portable Amp for LCD-2s?? - Page 2post #16 of 5111/24/12 at 1:52pmHave just realised I missed a head fi meet in september! I wonder what people thought of all that kit? No doubt I shall find out after wading through all these amazing posts. Sheesh what a find!
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 5111/26/12 at 3:44am
so i have a Single Power MPX 3 amp and the LCD2s sound amazing. but I have a a cheap ibasso d7 amp i got 4 months ago. before upgraditis hit. I went and impulsively bought a Schiit Gungnir, because I heard it's a really good dac for its price.post #18 of 5111/26/12 at 8:07am
ALO Audio Pan Am + Passport (if you consider it portable).
Otherwise Vorzüge VorzAMPduo or VorzAMPpure. The Duo has a 2-way EQ of which you can only use the treble with LCD-2's. Doesn't have the steam to use the extremely overshooting bass-EQ.
post #19 of 5111/26/12 at 1:48pmThread Starter
Wow! A lot has been posted since I last checked.
I will start comparing these as well
What is everyones/anyones take on the O2 in comparison to any of these mentioned above? I know that the O2 has been infamous for beating most anything under $500 But its just a little too big to fit in a pocket. unless I suppose i make my own case to cut down on size but even then... I think with the DAC added to it it still might be bulky.
Any food for thought? like best value for price and still very compact?
This is just for on the go mostly although I am not opposed to spending the money if it comes down to having to do that so I can reduce the size of my future AMP that will do only what it needs (power the LCD-2s and maintain favorable sound quality) this is after all not going to be my only AMP for my LCD-2s..post #20 of 5111/26/12 at 11:59pmMy experience.
Continental V2 + LCD2, Pretty good, very good synergy but can't really open them up as compare to desktop amps.
Uha-6s MKII(a great amp that is cheap and with USB dac)+ LCD2, Terrible synergy, sounds worse than iPod directly.post #21 of 5111/27/12 at 6:52ampost #22 of 5112/16/12 at 5:55amI think you'd be better off with a headphone that is safrr to take around with you as well as the lcd2's. I assume you have them now which is a good move:)
You might not think that will get you high end audio but consider what they are designed for: listening to music indoors which is a quiet environment.
They leak sound hugely. Plus they let in sounds. Traffic noise is unlikely to put a smile on your face through these. And what if you get a freak downpour of rain? There's no protection.
You have to consider that at least some form of isolation will bring you into the music and away from the hustle and bustle on the move. If I'm walking in the countryside and the forecast looks good a pair of denon ahd2000's is a better by far deal than the audezes. They're closed but still leak but let in and are less leaky by a huge margin.
If I'm in the city then inner ears are the way to go. The westones are of the comply foam type. My um2s are total isolation. You hear no traffic noise. No matter what volume no one can hear your music. The um2s lack details and depth and are rolled off in the treble compared with my klipsch x10is. But in the sound stakes they beat the lcd2's in traffic for those reasons.
You're needing 2 sets of equipment ultimately. 1 at home set, the choicss are endless. 1 on the move set, the phones need to be isolating for you to derive the greatest pleasure from them. They can then fit in your hand luggage or your pocket for the bus and they wont attract any glares wh8ch would be sure to spoil your experience too.
Hope this helpspost #23 of 5112/16/12 at 10:54pmThread StarterYeah I understand that the sound leak is no good. And I am considering another set of cans before the lcd2s. I will have a look at the models you mentioned. And the thunder pants seem like an impressive headphones to. Where I live is pretty quiet and the open back headphones I have used (he 400) leak noise to and I do like the advantages of leaking noise to some degree because if I'm long boarding its good to know when something is approaching or something loud is around per chance.post #24 of 5112/16/12 at 11:21pm
i heard the maker of thunderpants bailed out on people and i dont know if you can still get a brand new thunderpants now. besides, i also read that people think mad dogs and paradox are superior mods than the thunderpants... i own none of these, i just read about them... i do however have the stock fostex t50rp and i dont like it very much...post #25 of 513/7/13 at 2:26pmThread Starterpost #26 of 513/8/13 at 5:48pmpost #27 of 513/9/13 at 6:06pmpost #28 of 513/9/13 at 10:29pmpost #29 of 513/15/13 at 6:28pmThread Starter
So I have had the LCD-2s for a few days now and i have to say a lot of things people have been spewing at me about how i can get cans with very similar audio graphs for way less and LCD-2s are riding on quite a bit of bloat and bla bla bla, I realized that you can only go so far based on graphs... so far all the so called competitors on a budget I have compared side by side and what I got out of it was that you cant go your whole life thinking you can have it all figured out by data and graphs. The LCD-2s are worth every penny. There are too many variables to consider like how the cans sit on your head and suit your needs as far as grasp and weight and other things, Plllllluuuuss, the fact that every LCD-2 can come a bit different from its siblings, kind of like twins looking the same... but kinda different.... you know what I mean
unless you bite the bullet and actually have them to compare do'nt ever dare tell people they are wasting their money because you really have to try it before you judge it. Right?? makes sense
My graph has a little more sparkle, (I think) than the usual pair of LCD-2s from that I have seen. The highs are completely present thus less "dark" of a sound. I could not have hoped for a better result from these headphones! Next stop. AMP!
It's surprising how little of a frequency loss there is when not using an AMP mostly you lose power is all and even then its loud enough to block most outside sound, which by the way, reminds me that saying that the LCD-2s are not for mobile use bla bla bla, every sound in the world will ruin my music experience bla bla bla, YOU HAVE NOT OWNED A PAIR OF THESE OBVIOUSLY! lol
As far as them being opene backed, they dont leak nearly as much noise as quincey jones's or dt880's and especially not NEARLY as much as he-400/h-6's, again thanks for the misleading speculation people lol.post #30 of 513/15/13 at 6:30pmThread Starter
But I know that all you were all doing is trying to help that is so thank you for all the juicy topic discussion!
I'm gonna be calling AUDEZ'E again and be asking about these porto AMPs and see what one they recommend.
- Best choice for portable Amp for LCD-2s??
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › NocturnaL Audio Custom Headphone Cables 1 minute ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 1 minute ago
- › Amp recommendations for Fostex TH900? 2 minutes ago
- › Sony Xperia Z1 Compact 3 minutes ago
- › Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Appreciation Thread! 4 minutes ago
- › VSonic VSD1/VSD1S Reviews/Impression Thread 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 9 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 12 minutes ago
- › FitEar Private 333 by Kiats
- › Beyerdynamic XP1 by SawItComing
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS77 SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan Import) by DisCHORDDubstep
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by thatBeatsguy
- › Fostex TH 900 by smitty1110
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by aquamacs
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by thatonenoob
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by thatonenoob
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by H20Fidelity
- › Beyerdynamic Tesla T1 by smitty1110
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)