Page not found in your link...
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 3/2/13
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 3/2/13
- productBrainwavz B2 Dual Balanced Armature Earphonestagged by System, 11/19/12
- productSony MH1C Black Livesound Hi-Fi Stereo In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 11/19/12
- productVSONIC GR07tagged by System, 11/19/12
- productVSONIC GR07 MKIItagged by System, 11/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- ATH-m50 vs Vsonic GR07 Last post on 8/26/12 at 1:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
- VSONIC GR07 vs. ATH-M50? Last post on 4/18/12 at 8:03am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- vsonic gr07 vs hifiman re-262 Last post on 11/26/12 at 11:25am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Brainwavz B2 vs Vsonic GR07 Last post on 10/19/12 at 1:44am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for a pair of IEM's with a similiar sonic signature to the ATH-M50's Last post on 10/12/12 at 7:38pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 12/16/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
Introduction First I want to start with an "I'm sorry" because I took so long to write this and to top it off, I feel as if the review was a "waste of time" because, well, I don't see it as very...
Sony MH1C better than CIEMs or just another ATH-M50? - Page 6
Poll Results: MH1C really that good?
134 Total Votes
37% (50)Compares to $130+ headphones
36% (49)Beats headphones double it's original price ($50-$80)
26% (35)Not really
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #77 of 20411/27/12 at 4:11pmpost #78 of 20411/27/12 at 4:17pm
No, they are nowhere near a B2 or GR07, not even close.
Kthx.post #79 of 20411/27/12 at 4:45pmQuote:Originally Posted by Han Bao Quan
Interesting considering this article pretty much says otherwise.
Note the video was uploaded in September 2011, the article was written in Jan 2012
His bottom line is "The miracle is in your head ... not in the headphones. "
The link is broken, so i didn't read the article. Still, i don't think it's relevant unless he has actually tested the MH1. Not all phones share the same technology, materials etc, so if you wan't to make a generalization that concerns all of them, you have to actually test them all, it's simple logic. Everything else is an opinion/observation, not a general rule.
When i said i didn't really believe in burn-in before the MH1C i wasn't joking. I am fully aware that what we usually perceive as changes in sound are us getting used to what we listen to. In this particular case though, i had the opportunity to actually test the changes for myself, and i did it multiple times using more than 2 pairs. I Chose isolated repeating sound patterns, like drums, and listened to them for a few seconds with every pair, in order to minimize the effect that the human memory has on sound perception. The unused pairs sounded the same, the used one sounded different (especially the bass). The cause might be burn-in, the humidity from the bags, psychological (though i seriously doubt that), or something else entirely, take it as you will.
Thanks for the link, Q701, yummy :) . Even in this article, if you read the conclusion, all he is saying is that he things that if there are actual changes due to burn-in, they won't have a night and day effect on the sound. While in the case of my MH1 my perception is that the changes are certainly more noticeable than the ones the Q701 underwent, i never claimed they altered the sound signature or characteristics of the phone. It's still bassy, it's still V shaped, warm and smooth, it didn't suddenly become a R0. If you don't like that kind of signature burn-in won't change your opinion about the phone, if you do though, and find it lacking technically upon first listen, burn-in is worth a try before attempting to return/sell it.
Edited by SkiesOfAzel - 11/27/12 at 5:14pmpost #80 of 20411/27/12 at 4:54pmThread StarterSeems most people here can agree on that they do perform pretty well, and I hope that I don't land a defective or fake one. Fair enough, for $26 I can't really complain about the price. If there is anyone left to answer a few of these questions, how long did it take you guys to receive your MH1Cs from your eBay seller (I got mines from starhall) from order date, and will a physical burn-in and/or amp benefit the IEMs compared to not amping them?
Edited by Sycho - 11/27/12 at 4:56pmpost #81 of 20411/27/12 at 5:28pmQuote:Originally Posted by Sycho
Seems most people here can agree on that they do perform pretty well, and I hope that I don't land a defective or fake one. Fair enough, for $26 I can't really complain about the price. If there is anyone left to answer a few of these questions, how long did it take you guys to receive your MH1Cs from your eBay seller (I got mines from starhall) from order date, and will a physical burn-in and/or amp benefit the IEMs compared to not amping them?
I can't help you with your first question, i bought mine from a local store and for a nice price too (15€). Now about an amp, yes it does benefit from amping, it's a power hungry iem. Still, i'd try it first with my DAP and then decide whether to go for an amp or not. It's hard to justify ~100-150$ for a portable amp to use with a 25$ IEM if you don't already have one, you could just buy an easier to drive (and probably more capable) IEM instead.post #82 of 20411/27/12 at 5:33pmpost #83 of 20411/27/12 at 6:01pmpost #84 of 20411/27/12 at 9:25pm
Yes, the MH1C has very nice mids and highs but it's still an average sounding IEM, not on the same level as a TWFK (Brainwavz) or Vsonic (R04, GR07). Tried all three (four).post #85 of 20411/27/12 at 9:27pmQuote:Originally Posted by macbug
You are right that they are not the same graph and not comparable at all by the numbers, but since Sead's numbers are normalized for SPL it pretty much indicates that the loudness of his bass is basically even with mid and highs (correct me if I'm wrong but that was the point of those graphs with 20db bass boost right), so this is what we hear. If we look at Rin's raw graph however it gives the appearance of it being boosted many many times that of the normal mids and highs (but maybe that's what it sounds like to Rin? judging by his reaction). My question for experts is what is the precise balance of sound we hear normally through speaker systems?
I'm not really sure what Sead's graph is normalized for actually... didn't he just make 1khz the baseline at 0 db, in which case the graphs are still totally comparable?
That's like saying ears don't have resonance, it's boosted on the mids/highs on the graph because those regions get reduced by the ear, thus Rin's graph where even though the treble is flat, the bass is still very boosted, over 10db like Sead's graph.
Edited by Inks - 11/27/12 at 9:45pmpost #86 of 20411/27/12 at 9:40pmQuote:Originally Posted by SkiesOfAzel
I can't help you with your first question, i bought mine from a local store and for a nice price too (15€). Now about an amp, yes it does benefit from amping, it's a power hungry iem. Still, i'd try it first with my DAP and then decide whether to go for an amp or not. It's hard to justify ~100-150$ for a portable amp to use with a 25$ IEM if you don't already have one, you could just buy an easier to drive (and probably more capable) IEM instead.
15Ω I'm rather shocked that these would be power hungry
edit: I should clarify, I don't feel I really need to amp any of my IEMs, but having them run out of a good external DAC does yield improvements.
Edited by lazuline - 11/27/12 at 9:42pmpost #87 of 20411/27/12 at 10:04pm
I read some reviews on another site, they said that max volume on their phone wasn't loud enough so they gave the MH1C's a bad score for that.
I had a similar experience.post #88 of 20411/27/12 at 10:08pmQuote:
Fine on my Galaxy S3 and iPhone 4...
What do you mean by 'maximum volume'? Like full on 100% volume from the source? Wouldn't that damage your ears?post #89 of 20411/27/12 at 10:28pm
Yes on 100% volume from an Xperia Ray, no, it won't damage your ears it's like 75% the volume of a nightclub tops.post #90 of 20411/28/12 at 6:34am
Cyan curve is mine shallow inserted, and Black curve is of Sony. It seems there are two variations of MH1, one with the bass boost, and one without. If anyone thinks his/her pair of MH1 is bass-shy, please send it to me, and let me examine it- I might raise my personally-rated value of $5 on MH1!Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sony MH1C better than CIEMs or just another ATH-M50?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM 59 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser's Own Balanced Cables for HD 600/650, HD 700, and HD 800... 1 minute ago
- › Shure SE535: Reviews and First Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › HD 380 Pro buyers remorse. Advice appreciated. 3 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-M50 vs. Shure SRH750DJ vs. Onkyo ES-FC300 3 minutes ago
- › SPL Phonitor 5 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 5 minutes ago
- › To iPod Classic or not to iPod Classic? 6 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Appreciation Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Dubstep Girl's Massive 5AR4/5R4/5U4G Rectifier Review/Comparison!... 7 minutes ago
- › Samson SR950 by Emid
- › TDK BA200 by kimvictor
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by Misterbushido-
- › Ultrasone DJ1 by HybridBlinds
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by davisman
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Noble Audio 8C by John0405
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by cipurian
- › Project Palaios: Iona by lin0003
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by getclikinagas
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by SocialCapital