After thousands and thousands of hours my HD650's headband snapped. A complete headband is the equivalent of 160 USD + shipping costs in Sweden. The phones are so worn down it's just not worth it. I've tried to convince myself that the Denon AH-D2000 I just bought second hand sounds just as good or even better, but it simply doesn't. So I fixed it cheap and dirty with 40 x 2 mm aluminium bars. Total cost was about 10 USD. It's heavier and not easy adjustable, but I've made it a perfect fit for my head.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 11/24/12
Related Forum Threads
- Desktop or Portable Amp/DAC for Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 8/14/15 at 3:54am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphone Results With The Pono (or other DAPs) Last post on 6/3/15 at 12:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 2/19/15 at 11:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser HD650 vs AKG K7XX Last post on 8/25/15 at 6:26pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sennheiser HD650 Sub Bass Last post on Yesterday at 3:52 pm in Headphones (full-size)
The Rockmaster IE is a new offering from Encore that explores crowdfunding as a way to produce high quality yet low priced items. They can do this by selecting OEM manufacturers and customizing the...
About Me I am in my fifties and have loved music and music equipment all my life. From about 8 years old, I had my first exposure to my mother’s reel to reel tape recorder. A few years later, I...
Introduction: I was asked by Brainwavz’/GPGSHK’s Pandora whether I was interested in reviewing their latest Brainwavz product, the Kidwavz KV100 that was especially designed for kids, so I...
At the time of the review, the Brainwavz Jive earphone was was on sale at Amazon’s website for $25.00 USD. Here is a link to Their listing of the...
You got a budget? You want Bluetooth Earphones? Buy the Qy7. Simple. Done. Easy. There is a little more to it though. Important features is the V4.1 Bluetooth connection, this...
Frankenheiser (or maybe Hellheiser), way of fixing broken HD650 headband cheap and dirty
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Yes, they're very comfortable. Except for the weight there's no difference. I think I was lucky to get the bend and pressure to the head to fit my head perfectly.
The weight is 350 grams so it's + 90 grams.
No, I bought a long straight bar. I used my bare hands and a couple of strokes with a small sledgehammer and bent it against a toroid transformer (a smaller one than in the picture above). It would've been better to use a cylinder with a smoother surface. I used countersunk screws and locking nuts, and to get an appropriate distance between the bars I used foam tape pads.
I think it's probably better to use half the thickness, easier to bend and lighter, but they didn't have that size.
Edited by NelsonVandal - 11/18/12 at 1:06pm
- Frankenheiser (or maybe Hellheiser), way of fixing broken HD650 headband cheap and dirty
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and... 1 minute ago
- › VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand 1 minute ago
- › Rational reasons to love vinyl 2 minutes ago
- › Help choosing right IEM 3 minutes ago
- › What is the best budget headset for use in a noisy open offices... 5 minutes ago
- › A little about the Campfire Audio Lyra 5 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 5 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...(previously 6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype) 6 minutes ago
- › Ideal Headphone (HD800/Audeze) music, suggestions,please 6 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 25th, 2015) 7 minutes ago
- › Encore RockMaster IE by Armaegis
- › Final Audio Design Heaven VII by AndrewH13
- › Brainwavz Kidwavz KV100 Childrens Bluetooth Volume Limited Headphones by HiFiChris
- › Brainwavz Jive by Hisoundfi
- › Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running... by BloodyPenguin
- › Cozoy Aegis Portable 24/192 DAC/Amp by Baycode
- › OPPO HA-2 by ClieOS
- › Westone UM Pro 30 by Voyageur
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by STRMfrmXMN
- › Inearz IE-P650 6xBA driver CIEM by twister6
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2