After thousands and thousands of hours my HD650's headband snapped. A complete headband is the equivalent of 160 USD + shipping costs in Sweden. The phones are so worn down it's just not worth it. I've tried to convince myself that the Denon AH-D2000 I just bought second hand sounds just as good or even better, but it simply doesn't. So I fixed it cheap and dirty with 40 x 2 mm aluminium bars. Total cost was about 10 USD. It's heavier and not easy adjustable, but I've made it a perfect fit for my head.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 11/24/12
Related Forum Threads
- Recommendations for exciting open back headphones on a budget Last post on 8/12/14 at 4:09pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- WTT - Sennheiser HD650 LNIB and K702 (austrian LNIB) for high end IEMS/Closed over ears Last post on 8/7/14 at 12:38am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Sennheiser HD-380 pro Setup Question, to-do with current amplification Last post on 6/30/14 at 11:24am in Headphones (full-size)
- Vinyl Flat Can Opener + AudioSource Amp-100 Last post on 7/2/14 at 3:55pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Better Amp, Wa6 or Lyr. Last post on 6/30/14 at 6:49pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Right have the pleasure of owning these for about 4 months. My Kit: Source: Foobar through Cambridge Audio Dacmagic Amp: Lehman Audio Blackcube Linear Headphones: Audio Technica ATH W...
I read several (a lot of) opinions about these headphones here on head-fi and also in other web forums. To be honest, after that i was pretty unsure about them. Nevertheless i ordered them, as...
get one if you can , come with a small plastic carry case too and about SQ its a 3580 with a bit more forward mids and smaller bass . bass is as deep as 3580 , nice detail , good mids , vocals are...
yeah these off the market , but i thought lets have a small evaluation of it . nice cable , there is a cable clip , comply tips , nice carry pouch and 3 size of rubber tips . in audio...
These are everything you'd expect from a flagship headphone, only MORE, because some flagships have come to disappoint me, even from the more expensive brands. In a lot of markets, I find there is...
Frankenheiser (or maybe Hellheiser), way of fixing broken HD650 headband cheap and dirty
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Yes, they're very comfortable. Except for the weight there's no difference. I think I was lucky to get the bend and pressure to the head to fit my head perfectly.
The weight is 350 grams so it's + 90 grams.
No, I bought a long straight bar. I used my bare hands and a couple of strokes with a small sledgehammer and bent it against a toroid transformer (a smaller one than in the picture above). It would've been better to use a cylinder with a smoother surface. I used countersunk screws and locking nuts, and to get an appropriate distance between the bars I used foam tape pads.
I think it's probably better to use half the thickness, easier to bend and lighter, but they didn't have that size.
Edited by NelsonVandal - 11/18/12 at 1:06pm
- Frankenheiser (or maybe Hellheiser), way of fixing broken HD650 headband cheap and dirty
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › FiiO X7, what is your dream DAP? 20 seconds ago
- › [ T-PEOS ] Announce Releasing Altone200 and Start Preorder Limitedly 24 seconds ago
- › Mo-Fi Headphones from Blue Microphones: Multi-link, Amplified... 31 seconds ago
- › Review and comparison of DUNU DN-1000, DN-2000, & JVC HA-FX850 41 seconds ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 45 seconds ago
- › How to I make my Fiio x5 DAC work on windows 7 1 minute ago
- › Light Harmonic GEEK 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Audio Technica IM50 Black like new 2 minutes ago
- › Cypher Labs Duet / Portaphile 627/Micro/X / Vorzuge Pure II 2 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica W5000 by CJ09
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by lofoscopico
- › Philips SHE3680 Headphones, Wired by suman134
- › Philips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acoustics by suman134
- › audio-technica AIR Dinamic Headphone ATH-AD2000X (Japan Import) by Quazimoto
- › HiSoundAudio E212 by fleasbaby
- › M-Audio BX5 D2 by krishtrinity1
- › iFi iCan Nano Portable Headphone Amp by ClieOS
- › iFi Nano iDSD by ClieOS
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by wigglepuff
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)