After thousands and thousands of hours my HD650's headband snapped. A complete headband is the equivalent of 160 USD + shipping costs in Sweden. The phones are so worn down it's just not worth it. I've tried to convince myself that the Denon AH-D2000 I just bought second hand sounds just as good or even better, but it simply doesn't. So I fixed it cheap and dirty with 40 x 2 mm aluminium bars. Total cost was about 10 USD. It's heavier and not easy adjustable, but I've made it a perfect fit for my head.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 11/24/12
Related Forum Threads
- Headphone Results With The Pono (or other DAPs) Last post on 4/25/15 at 6:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 2/19/15 at 11:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser HD650 vs AKG K7XX Last post on 4/21/15 at 11:57pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD650 Sub Bass Last post on 3/2/15 at 4:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- Something as comfy as Sennheiser's but with more bass? Last post on 3/4/15 at 8:38am in Headphones (full-size)
Only issue is centered around 300Hz Can play Car Audio test track with massive bass and play an acoustic track next with no effect on one or the other without any adjustment. Pretty...
Graham Slee Majestic DAC Quick Review Thanks to Graham Slee for the loan. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/765442/graham-slee-majestic-dac-review-by-mark2410 Brief: A DAC for...
I decided to do this review because of the uncertainty what you get in terms of sound when you get a product from the Bose brand. I own/ed: Headphones Sennheiser Adidas Sport Sennheiser...
Frankenheiser (or maybe Hellheiser), way of fixing broken HD650 headband cheap and dirty
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Yes, they're very comfortable. Except for the weight there's no difference. I think I was lucky to get the bend and pressure to the head to fit my head perfectly.
The weight is 350 grams so it's + 90 grams.
No, I bought a long straight bar. I used my bare hands and a couple of strokes with a small sledgehammer and bent it against a toroid transformer (a smaller one than in the picture above). It would've been better to use a cylinder with a smoother surface. I used countersunk screws and locking nuts, and to get an appropriate distance between the bars I used foam tape pads.
I think it's probably better to use half the thickness, easier to bend and lighter, but they didn't have that size.
Edited by NelsonVandal - 11/18/12 at 1:06pm
- Frankenheiser (or maybe Hellheiser), way of fixing broken HD650 headband cheap and dirty
- › Dubai Head-Fi Meet 8th May 2015 49 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser MX 980/985 sound 1 minute ago
- › hfb - Bounce House - chat aka shtpost central 1 minute ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 1 minute ago
- › Silver Plated Copper Wire - How Good? 2 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 2 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why delta-sigma sucks) 3 minutes ago
- › I need the best earbuds for under 150$ 4 minutes ago
- › The Free Music Thread! (100% legal downloads of all formats.) 6 minutes ago
- › Aurisonics ASG-2.5 Generic Fit Digital-Hybrid In-Ear Monitors in... by Hawaiibadboy
- › Graham Slee Majestic DAC by mark2410
- › MEElectronics HT-21 Travel Lightweight Headphone with Swivel Cups,... by YoYo JoKeR
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by enthusiast
- › AUDIOTRAK Prodigy CUBE External USB Sound Card by YoYo JoKeR
- › Bravo Audio Tube Amplifier - V3 by sarora
- › T-Peos Altone250 by nmatheis
- › Westone W30 Triple Driver Universal Fit Noise Isolating Earphones,... by C.C.S.
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by KopaZ
- › Tennmak Sennheiser HD600/650 Short Cable by bikerboy94
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2