After thousands and thousands of hours my HD650's headband snapped. A complete headband is the equivalent of 160 USD + shipping costs in Sweden. The phones are so worn down it's just not worth it. I've tried to convince myself that the Denon AH-D2000 I just bought second hand sounds just as good or even better, but it simply doesn't. So I fixed it cheap and dirty with 40 x 2 mm aluminium bars. Total cost was about 10 USD. It's heavier and not easy adjustable, but I've made it a perfect fit for my head.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 11/24/12
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV Last post on 2/17/17 at 9:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD 650s keep breaking, is it my own ignorace? Last post on 7/11/16 at 4:33pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Desktop or Portable Amp/DAC for Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 8/14/15 at 3:54am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphone Results With The Pono (or other DAPs) Last post on 1/9/17 at 3:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 1/11/17 at 5:39am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
I bought these headphones about year ago (I use them almost everyday), as an upgrade from my g430s when the cable finally wore out. In some cases (only some cases) I think the sound quality might...
Introduction Sennheiser HD650 is one of the (seemingly) consecrated headphones made by Sennheiser as an upgrade (update?) to their well received model, HD600. HD600 has been...
I finally took the plunge and got these. It's amazing how TOTL IEMS can sound so different. Bass: Tight and full. Tip dependent. With the triple flanges thought my head was going to blow off. I...
The original iDSD Micro stood out from the competition as an all-in-one replacement for the most discerning listeners' setups. The original iDSD Micro delivered - I had one, but as I started to not...
Dynamic headphones by the primarily planar producing HiFiman, very good value(especially if you live in america). Detailed and strong treble, decent mids and midbass yet a little light on lower...
Frankenheiser (or maybe Hellheiser), way of fixing broken HD650 headband cheap and dirty
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Yes, they're very comfortable. Except for the weight there's no difference. I think I was lucky to get the bend and pressure to the head to fit my head perfectly.
The weight is 350 grams so it's + 90 grams.
No, I bought a long straight bar. I used my bare hands and a couple of strokes with a small sledgehammer and bent it against a toroid transformer (a smaller one than in the picture above). It would've been better to use a cylinder with a smoother surface. I used countersunk screws and locking nuts, and to get an appropriate distance between the bars I used foam tape pads.
I think it's probably better to use half the thickness, easier to bend and lighter, but they didn't have that size.
Edited by NelsonVandal - 11/18/12 at 1:06pm
- Frankenheiser (or maybe Hellheiser), way of fixing broken HD650 headband cheap and dirty
- › Oh no, it's another "I need IEM and DAP recommendations" thread! 9 seconds ago
- › Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Review 58 seconds ago
- › MikePortnoy's Custom Monitor List - CanalWorks L71PSTS added (Full... 2 minutes ago
- › Classical music discussion, what do you like? 3 minutes ago
- › Onkyo DP-CMX1 GRANBEAT | Dual Dac | Balanced | Phone DAP 4 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 5 minutes ago
- › Sonarworks Headphone Calibration software 6 minutes ago
- › "Open Alpha" T50 3D printed headphone project from MrSpeakers 8 minutes ago
- › XDuoo XD-05 Portable Dac/Amp Introduction - Impressions 9 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 with 7.1 Surround Sound by jimtree
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by anqallyt
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by vapman
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by machielsste
- › Sennheiser Momentum In Ear (iOS version) - Black Chrome by HiWire
- › Fiio F1 Dynamic In-ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ENIGMAcoustics Dharma D1000 by geoffalter11
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by audiobean
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear