Hello guys, I listening Pop, Rock, R&B, sometimes instrumental, HIp-Hop, Electronic, which headphones do best job with my listening gentries?
- productDarkvoice la figaro 339tagged by System, 11/24/12
- productEmotiva mini-X a-100tagged by System, 11/24/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by System, 11/18/12
- productMaverick Audio TubeMagic D2 DACtagged by System, 11/24/12
- productSchiit Audio Bifrost DACtagged by System, 11/24/12
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 11/18/12
Related Forum Threads
- Audeze LCD 2 or Hifiman HE-500 Last post on 10/28/13 at 4:00am in Headphones (full-size)
- Amp/DAC Recommendation for: HE-500, HD 650, and Beyer DT 880 600Ohm Last post on 12/4/12 at 1:38pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Need help in deciding on an AMP, DAC and headphones for around £1600 Last post on 11/16/12 at 7:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Noob trying to get good sound Last post on 11/16/12 at 3:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best DAC/Amp Combo for He-500? Last post on 11/9/12 at 10:44am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 1/22/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
Summary: These headphones give an accurate picture of what the producers had in mind when they mixed their music because they have a well-balanced, present, but not over-powering bass. Songs...
My current set. My favorite and my private oasis. These beauties will cut out most if not all ambient noise like while driving in a car and household noise when the music is flowing. I became a fan...
I was asked to listen to the Musical Fidelity MF100 and received them about 4 weeks ago. I get quite a lot of headphones through my door, I only review the ones I like and I like these a lot. I...
Got the SE846 last week and did some hours of comparison with my current SE535. My bias was towards keeping them - I like flagship products as a "there is nothing better" products, i.e. do not...
So I finally broke my go to earbuds, and went searching for a replacement. I was actually so disappointed with these things that I made it a point to get out and put out a review. Bass continuously...
Hifiman HE-500 or Sennheiser HD 650post #1 of 12711/18/12 at 9:33amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 12711/18/12 at 9:35amQuote:
Both headphones are excellent and are good at all genres.
The question is... what kind of sound are you looking for?
Do you want something really warm, with rolled off dark treble? Or do you want something very neutral, warm, with some sparkle in the treble?
Also, what source equipment are you going to be running your headphones from?
And what's your budget?
Very best,post #3 of 12711/18/12 at 9:46amThread Starterpost #4 of 12711/18/12 at 9:48amThread Starter
I dont know, I think i should go for listening test. i can test hd650, but he-500 not available at my country. Or i will go to buy he-500 blind.
Edited by Duper - 11/18/12 at 9:52ampost #5 of 12711/18/12 at 9:54am
Your amp will power both headphones just fine.
Again, it comes down to what you want to hear, what kind of sound signature you're after.
See above and maybe try and describe what kind of sound signature you want.
Very best,post #6 of 12711/18/12 at 9:58amThread Starterpost #7 of 12711/18/12 at 10:04amQuote:
Well before you start spending a large sum of money, maybe do some research so that you can explain well and get the kind of help you're asking for?
Very best,post #8 of 12711/18/12 at 10:18amThread Starter
I put most of liking features for sound
Juicy - Sound that has joie de vivre, energy and life.
Lush - Very Rich/Full.
Lush (2) - A "lush" sound has a sense of warmth and fullness. Notes are more authoritative and have a sense of life about them. It is a sound free of any sibilance or brightness. It does not mean colored, however. It is an open and inviting sound enveloping the listener into its soundstage. (source: unkown headfier)
Open - Sound which has height and "air", relates to clean upper midrange and treble.
Airy - Spacious. Open. Instruments sound like they are surrounded by a large reflective space full of air. Good reproduction of high frequency reflections. High frequency response extends to 15 or 20 kHz.
Warm - Good bass, adequate low frequencies, adequate fundamentals relative to harmonics. Not thin. Also excessive bass or mid bass. Also, pleasantly spacious, with adequate reverberation at low frequencies. Also see Rich, Round. Warm highs means sweet highs.
Tight - Good low frequency transient response and detail.post #9 of 12711/18/12 at 10:50am
Both headphones match what you're looking for relatively well.
The critical differences are the following:
Treble: The HE500 has more heightened treble, it's brighter, more sparkle. The HD650 has rolled off treble, treble is less apparent, it's darker, mellow.
Bass: The HE500 extends deeper with more control and texture than the HD650.
Weight: The HE500 weighs more than the HD650. The HD650 may be more comfortable.
Build: The HE500 is metal. The HD650 is plastic.
Speed: The HE500 is faster, but this is expected as a planar magnetic.
Very best,post #10 of 12711/18/12 at 12:54pm
I know both headphones well, and for the genre of music you like, I'd go for the HE500's. They really do electronic music very well, this for me includes pop. The 650's are good but don't do anything better than the hifimans apart from maybe a slightly larger soundstage and comfort. But for imaging, space, bass slam, detail and above all- "fun" the HE500's win. If your music was more acoustic based i.e Classical/Jazz then it would have been closer, but for electronic its a no contest IMO.post #11 of 12711/18/12 at 2:33pmQuote:
I've never heard the HE-500 but for those genres... agreed that the HE-500 is a more suitable choice if you can afford it.post #12 of 12711/19/12 at 7:49amThread Starter
OK best of the best are HE-500 for me music ? if yes, recomend me amp ? i am looking for amp, 700$ max budget. What about La-Figaro 339 with HE-500, maybe somethink have better deal for 700$ for amp ?post #13 of 12711/21/12 at 6:12am
Do you have a DAC already?
MalVeaux is putting together a killer budget system that won't exceed your $700. This includes the amp and the DAC: Take a look:
This seems to be a well put together HE-500 system. Can't wait to see impressions from MalVeaux.
Edited by preproman - 11/21/12 at 6:37ampost #14 of 12711/21/12 at 6:28ampost #15 of 12711/21/12 at 6:36amQuote:
My bad. Yes, the HE-500
- Hifiman HE-500 or Sennheiser HD 650
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 54 seconds ago
- › Hissy/staticky "s" and cymbals? 1 minute ago
- › Newbie looking for IEMs for commute that make female vocals perfect! 2 minutes ago
- › IC: Melbourne Meet 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 2 minutes ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 2 minutes ago
- › The Basshead Club 3 minutes ago
- › PS4 with 3.5mm x2 Type Headset... 3 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 4 minutes ago
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphone by aeromaniac
- › Ultimate Ears 500 by echo1284
- › Musical Fidelity MF-100 High Quality On-Ear Headphones by astroid
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by agistrilink
- › NCredible NErgy In-Ear Headphones by Monster® by tevbax
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by De_klusjesman
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by DaddyMojo
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude