Hello guys, I listening Pop, Rock, R&B, sometimes instrumental, HIp-Hop, Electronic, which headphones do best job with my listening gentries?
- productDarkvoice la figaro 339tagged by System, 11/24/12
- productEmotiva mini-X a-100tagged by System, 11/24/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by System, 11/18/12
- productMaverick Audio TubeMagic D2 DACtagged by System, 11/24/12
- productSchiit Audio Bifrost DACtagged by System, 11/24/12
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 11/18/12
Related Forum Threads
- Audeze LCD 2 or Hifiman HE-500 Last post on 10/28/13 at 4:00am in Headphones (full-size)
- Amp/DAC Recommendation for: HE-500, HD 650, and Beyer DT 880 600Ohm Last post on 12/4/12 at 1:38pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Loudspeakers or Headphones ?! Last post on 11/25/12 at 11:23am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help in deciding on an AMP, DAC and headphones for around £1600 Last post on 11/16/12 at 7:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Noob trying to get good sound Last post on 11/16/12 at 3:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 11/28/14
VentureCraft are a Japanese company well known for their portable headphone amplifiers and amp/DAC combo units. Today, I will be taking a look at their latest offering in this category: the...
This is a quick unboxing and review of the player. More detailed review coming soon.
Hi all, I will prepare a proper review when I have some time and am not working. In short however, these are superior to any IEM I have personally used for my tastes. I listen to a vast...
Disclaimer: I was given the MEElectronics M9 Classic in return for a review. The opinions expressed in this review are 100% my own, and were not influenced by MEElectronics in any way. Before I...
AK120II and Pono player combined review
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Hifiman HE-500 or Sennheiser HD 650
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Both headphones are excellent and are good at all genres.
The question is... what kind of sound are you looking for?
Do you want something really warm, with rolled off dark treble? Or do you want something very neutral, warm, with some sparkle in the treble?
Also, what source equipment are you going to be running your headphones from?
And what's your budget?
I dont know, I think i should go for listening test. i can test hd650, but he-500 not available at my country. Or i will go to buy he-500 blind.
Edited by Duper - 11/18/12 at 9:52am
Your amp will power both headphones just fine.
Again, it comes down to what you want to hear, what kind of sound signature you're after.
See above and maybe try and describe what kind of sound signature you want.
Well before you start spending a large sum of money, maybe do some research so that you can explain well and get the kind of help you're asking for?
I put most of liking features for sound
Juicy - Sound that has joie de vivre, energy and life.
Lush - Very Rich/Full.
Lush (2) - A "lush" sound has a sense of warmth and fullness. Notes are more authoritative and have a sense of life about them. It is a sound free of any sibilance or brightness. It does not mean colored, however. It is an open and inviting sound enveloping the listener into its soundstage. (source: unkown headfier)
Open - Sound which has height and "air", relates to clean upper midrange and treble.
Airy - Spacious. Open. Instruments sound like they are surrounded by a large reflective space full of air. Good reproduction of high frequency reflections. High frequency response extends to 15 or 20 kHz.
Warm - Good bass, adequate low frequencies, adequate fundamentals relative to harmonics. Not thin. Also excessive bass or mid bass. Also, pleasantly spacious, with adequate reverberation at low frequencies. Also see Rich, Round. Warm highs means sweet highs.
Tight - Good low frequency transient response and detail.
Both headphones match what you're looking for relatively well.
The critical differences are the following:
Treble: The HE500 has more heightened treble, it's brighter, more sparkle. The HD650 has rolled off treble, treble is less apparent, it's darker, mellow.
Bass: The HE500 extends deeper with more control and texture than the HD650.
Weight: The HE500 weighs more than the HD650. The HD650 may be more comfortable.
Build: The HE500 is metal. The HD650 is plastic.
Speed: The HE500 is faster, but this is expected as a planar magnetic.
I know both headphones well, and for the genre of music you like, I'd go for the HE500's. They really do electronic music very well, this for me includes pop. The 650's are good but don't do anything better than the hifimans apart from maybe a slightly larger soundstage and comfort. But for imaging, space, bass slam, detail and above all- "fun" the HE500's win. If your music was more acoustic based i.e Classical/Jazz then it would have been closer, but for electronic its a no contest IMO.
I've never heard the HE-500 but for those genres... agreed that the HE-500 is a more suitable choice if you can afford it.
OK best of the best are HE-500 for me music ? if yes, recomend me amp ? i am looking for amp, 700$ max budget. What about La-Figaro 339 with HE-500, maybe somethink have better deal for 700$ for amp ?
Do you have a DAC already?
MalVeaux is putting together a killer budget system that won't exceed your $700. This includes the amp and the DAC: Take a look:
This seems to be a well put together HE-500 system. Can't wait to see impressions from MalVeaux.
Edited by preproman - 11/21/12 at 6:37am
My bad. Yes, the HE-500
- Hifiman HE-500 or Sennheiser HD 650
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H8 (Wireless Noise Cancelling On-Ear... 16 seconds ago
- › Need help with a gaming headset 19 seconds ago
- › Alternatives to Mad Dog w/ Alpha Pads ~$400 45 seconds ago
- › Little Dot MK VI / Little Dot MK VIII SE Owners Unite 48 seconds ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 51 seconds ago
- › Looking for a relatively bendable cable. 1 minute ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80-Ohm Thread 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM 2 minutes ago
- › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon &... 2 minutes ago
- › VentureCraft SounDroid Vantam by fonzler
- › Sony Walkman Nw-zx2 128gb Mp3 Player Hi-res by piksnz
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Wyd4
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by DisCHORDDubstep
- › PonoMusic PonoPlayer by piksnz
- › EarTech Music Dual Driver Custom Molded In Ear Musician Monitors... by acain
- › PSB M4U 1 by prez
- › 1 More Design Piston Crystal by banjoanton
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Willy 2 Streams
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by tomscy2000
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3