Hello guys, I listening Pop, Rock, R&B, sometimes instrumental, HIp-Hop, Electronic, which headphones do best job with my listening gentries?
- productDarkvoice la figaro 339tagged by System, 11/24/12
- productEmotiva mini-X a-100tagged by System, 11/24/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by System, 11/18/12
- productMaverick Audio TubeMagic D2 DACtagged by System, 11/24/12
- productSchiit Audio Bifrost DACtagged by System, 11/24/12
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 11/18/12
Related Forum Threads
- Audeze LCD 2 or Hifiman HE-500 Last post on 10/28/13 at 4:00am in Headphones (full-size)
- Amp/DAC Recommendation for: HE-500, HD 650, and Beyer DT 880 600Ohm Last post on 12/4/12 at 1:38pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Loudspeakers or Headphones ?! Last post on 11/25/12 at 11:23am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help in deciding on an AMP, DAC and headphones for around £1600 Last post on 11/16/12 at 7:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Noob trying to get good sound Last post on 11/16/12 at 3:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 11/28/14
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Sennheiser US for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. While waiting to receive my review unit of recently...
What's In The Box? The cardboard box itself is a cute little deal, with the Noble logo and the Wizard's signature. On the top left, the model and serial number are handwritten (apparently I'm the...
SUPERLUX HD 669 Review & comparison with HD 681-EVO. Take what I say with a grain of salt, I have not experienced many headphones and I've only had the 669 for a fairly brief amount of time....
Have been listening to my new iCAN Micro for couple weeks now. Before that I use the headphone output directly out of my iDSD Micro. First of all i just want to say that iDSD Micro is great....
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Hifiman HE-500 or Sennheiser HD 650
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Both headphones are excellent and are good at all genres.
The question is... what kind of sound are you looking for?
Do you want something really warm, with rolled off dark treble? Or do you want something very neutral, warm, with some sparkle in the treble?
Also, what source equipment are you going to be running your headphones from?
And what's your budget?
I dont know, I think i should go for listening test. i can test hd650, but he-500 not available at my country. Or i will go to buy he-500 blind.
Edited by Duper - 11/18/12 at 9:52am
Your amp will power both headphones just fine.
Again, it comes down to what you want to hear, what kind of sound signature you're after.
See above and maybe try and describe what kind of sound signature you want.
Well before you start spending a large sum of money, maybe do some research so that you can explain well and get the kind of help you're asking for?
I put most of liking features for sound
Juicy - Sound that has joie de vivre, energy and life.
Lush - Very Rich/Full.
Lush (2) - A "lush" sound has a sense of warmth and fullness. Notes are more authoritative and have a sense of life about them. It is a sound free of any sibilance or brightness. It does not mean colored, however. It is an open and inviting sound enveloping the listener into its soundstage. (source: unkown headfier)
Open - Sound which has height and "air", relates to clean upper midrange and treble.
Airy - Spacious. Open. Instruments sound like they are surrounded by a large reflective space full of air. Good reproduction of high frequency reflections. High frequency response extends to 15 or 20 kHz.
Warm - Good bass, adequate low frequencies, adequate fundamentals relative to harmonics. Not thin. Also excessive bass or mid bass. Also, pleasantly spacious, with adequate reverberation at low frequencies. Also see Rich, Round. Warm highs means sweet highs.
Tight - Good low frequency transient response and detail.
Both headphones match what you're looking for relatively well.
The critical differences are the following:
Treble: The HE500 has more heightened treble, it's brighter, more sparkle. The HD650 has rolled off treble, treble is less apparent, it's darker, mellow.
Bass: The HE500 extends deeper with more control and texture than the HD650.
Weight: The HE500 weighs more than the HD650. The HD650 may be more comfortable.
Build: The HE500 is metal. The HD650 is plastic.
Speed: The HE500 is faster, but this is expected as a planar magnetic.
I know both headphones well, and for the genre of music you like, I'd go for the HE500's. They really do electronic music very well, this for me includes pop. The 650's are good but don't do anything better than the hifimans apart from maybe a slightly larger soundstage and comfort. But for imaging, space, bass slam, detail and above all- "fun" the HE500's win. If your music was more acoustic based i.e Classical/Jazz then it would have been closer, but for electronic its a no contest IMO.
I've never heard the HE-500 but for those genres... agreed that the HE-500 is a more suitable choice if you can afford it.
OK best of the best are HE-500 for me music ? if yes, recomend me amp ? i am looking for amp, 700$ max budget. What about La-Figaro 339 with HE-500, maybe somethink have better deal for 700$ for amp ?
Do you have a DAC already?
MalVeaux is putting together a killer budget system that won't exceed your $700. This includes the amp and the DAC: Take a look:
This seems to be a well put together HE-500 system. Can't wait to see impressions from MalVeaux.
Edited by preproman - 11/21/12 at 6:37am
My bad. Yes, the HE-500
- Hifiman HE-500 or Sennheiser HD 650
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 24 seconds ago
- › PS1000 Impressions Thread 25 seconds ago
- › TURNTABLE SETUP Questions thread - don't start a new thread, ASK... 59 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 1 minute ago
- › Vinyl & Streaming Survey (including Raffle) 3 minutes ago
- › Official X3 firmware thread--3.34beta: removed 5800 song limit,... 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Need help in buying new headphone 4 minutes ago
- › Rank the Headphones that You Own. 5 minutes ago
- › Shanling M3 Portable Digital Audio Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones in Black M2AEBT by twister6
- › Noble 4 by Kuroneko Guy
- › Superlux HD669 by Philliphobia
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by blankdisc
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by JohnPham
- › Chord&Major Major6'13 "Ballad" by kalbee
- › Audio Technica ATH-M2X Mid-size open-back headphones by ahnvx
- › xDuoo X2 by getclikinagas
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by De1taE1even
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2