Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Best Headphone under $200?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Best Headphone under $200? - Page 4

post #46 of 73

By the way Im glad you are getting a DT 990 PRO - you will soon understand how much of an exceptional value they hold for the price. I think they are some of the best headphones you can get given their small difference in audio between them and the Beyer X-flagship 990 Premiums..

post #47 of 73
Thread Starter 

Yo thanks but how bout the fiio e7? would a DAC be of any help to increasing SQ and does it have enough power to power the dt 990 pros? 

post #48 of 73

no the e7 cannot drive the 990s... you should try the E11 or E10 instead .. or the Cmoy BB.. you can also get the new Schiit Magni for $99! I am getting one myself soon 

post #49 of 73
Thread Starter 

the guy at the shop said e10 and e11 can only power cans under 100 ohms. Is that true? and do I HAVE  to have a desktop amp to power the dt 990 pros?

post #50 of 73
Thread Starter 

and btw, how does the m50s/m50 or grado 80i compare with the DT 990 pros? they are a lot cheaper and do not require an amp, what do you guys think about that? 

post #51 of 73

My vote goes for AKG K550 (120 euro here in Spain), one of the best imaging closed headphones. It sounds great and you can move it with almost everything.


Edited by drivers66 - 12/23/12 at 2:37am
post #52 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonskma View Post

and btw, how does the m50s/m50 or grado 80i compare with the DT 990 pros? they are a lot cheaper and do not require an amp, what do you guys think about that? 

in terms of soundstage,clarity,detail,mids etc the M50 and SR80i are inferior to the DR990. the DT990 should sound significantly better than the M50 and SR80 even if both are running ampless

(except the M50 would win in isolation)


Edited by streetdragon - 12/23/12 at 3:53am
post #53 of 73

Sennheiser HD515 are very nice for the money.

post #54 of 73

The fiio e10/11 should do just fine, as long as the impedance is under 300 ohms, and the can isn't that hard to drive, eg. got high sensitivity. Though, the dt990 250 ohm for example, would scale well with better amps.

The beforementioned fiio would do fine, but with room for a decent and noticeable improvement, if you want to spend the double up on a better amp. It won't be a world changing experience or anything, though...

post #55 of 73
Thread Starter 

thanks for the suggestion guys, I just bought the e10 and it did improve the SQ of my cans : hd439. It gave a lot more power to my cans. I can't really describe it but I can feel the music a lot better. THanks for the suggestion!

post #56 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by drivers66 View Post

My vote goes for AKG K550 (120 euro here in Spain), one of the best imaging closed headphones. It sounds great and you can move it with almost everything.

wow!! 120 euros for the k550? thats amazing!

post #57 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonskma View Post

the guy at the shop said e10 and e11 can only power cans under 100 ohms. Is that true? and do I HAVE  to have a desktop amp to power the dt 990 pros?

the e10 is a desktop amp..the e10 and e11 is fine for the dt 990 pros .. especially the E10 would be a good match with this as I've had similar troubles and Head-fi recommended them.you can try the CMOY BB, which might have a better synergy than either of FIIO products.

 

 

 

Quote:

The fiio e10/11 should do just fine, as long as the impedance is under 300 ohms, and the can isn't that hard to drive, eg. got high sensitivity. Though, the dt990 250 ohm for example, would scale well with better amps.

The beforementioned fiio would do fine, but with room for a decent and noticeable improvement, if you want to spend the double up on a better amp. It won't be a world changing experience or anything, though...

I do not think that 300 ohm rating by FIIO should be taken seriously... I bought an E7 which had impedance rating from 16-300 ohms .. and this couldn't even power the 250 ohms 990 PROs.

 

Regards

post #58 of 73
Thread Starter 

fiio e7 posted on the website is 16- 150 ohms. maybe u are mistaken

post #59 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonskma View Post

fiio e7 posted on the website is 16- 150 ohms. maybe u are mistaken

 

 

are you quoting the e07k or the e7 ? 

 

http://anythingbutipod.com/2010/03/fiio-e7-headphone-amplifierusb-dac-review/

 

this review says 16-300 ohms .. well I think when i got this product I just checked this review (and not the site).. and went by the suggestion of Malveaux 

but I do think 16-150 ohms makes more sense .. could you post a link to the specs of the E7 please.. would check the user manual and correct myself/yourself .. 

 

regards

post #60 of 73

Hello, my name is Toni, I'm new on HeadFi. :)

 

As said facilitator, DT 990 pro like tubes.

I have DT 990 pro and drive with my tube amp, sounds great ;) (especially electronic music) and the power is absolutely enough.

 

Cheers

 

toni

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Best Headphone under $200?