Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Frogbeats Custom-IEM Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Frogbeats Custom-IEM Appreciation Thread - Page 55

post #811 of 866

Currently have a Toxic Cables Silver Poison on loan to pair with the C4s. Really digging it and am strongly considering purchasing a pair.

Reply
post #812 of 866

Silver cable definitely works; I have the silver ray and there is noticeable extra brilliance up top and more presence in vocals (= more upper mids). Soundstage is less concave, too.

 

Unfortunately, the bass, which was already pretty fast (the one aspect a silver cable can improve), still has a mahousive hump in 100-200Hz range, bleeding all over the frigging place. Fiio X3 with 100Hz bass cut looks pretty attractive to this C4 owner...
 

post #813 of 866
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyChewingGum View Post

Silver cable definitely works; I have the silver ray and there is noticeable extra brilliance up top and more presence in vocals (= more upper mids). Soundstage is less concave, too.

 

Unfortunately, the bass, which was already pretty fast (the one aspect a silver cable can improve), still has a mahousive hump in 100-200Hz range, bleeding all over the frigging place. Fiio X3 with 100Hz bass cut looks pretty attractive to this C4 owner...
 

Anyone know how hybrid copper silver cables work?

 

Oh and does a 100 ohm resister do much?

post #814 of 866
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyChewingGum View Post

Silver cable definitely works; I have the silver ray and there is noticeable extra brilliance up top and more presence in vocals (= more upper mids). Soundstage is less concave, too.

 

Unfortunately, the bass, which was already pretty fast (the one aspect a silver cable can improve), still has a mahousive hump in 100-200Hz range, bleeding all over the frigging place. Fiio X3 with 100Hz bass cut looks pretty attractive to this C4 owner...
 

I'd agree with you there about the soundsstage, mids, and the treble. Though I'm not sure if I'd phrase the quality of the bass the way you did though. I would say its more of a prominence as opposed to it "bleeding all over the frigging place". I like that blend of warmth and clarity that the C4+SPC offers, but of course that's just me.

 

If it matters to you the TF10 airline adapter (100ohm thingy) does somewhat tame the bass and offers a tad bit more "brilliance up top".

 

@eve: I have the SPC hybrid, and I confirmed with Ted that he uses the SPC as the lead and the copper as the ground. So I'm thinking that the hybrid and all SPC would be the same. I recommend just getting the all SPC cable because the copper bits in cable are already going green... #wtf


Edited by itshot - 6/15/13 at 4:35pm
post #815 of 866

Speaking of SPC cables... fiio has has their own 26awg SPC cable for $30 now! I wish I knew about this earlier lol... if this cable performs as well as Ted's, I'd buy them in a heartbeat. :P

 

http://www.mp4nation.net/fiio-rc-wt1-silver-plated-re-cable-for-westone-um3xrc-w4r-jh13-jh16


Edited by itshot - 6/16/13 at 1:25pm
post #816 of 866
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshot View Post

Speaking of SPC cables... fiio has has their own 26awg SPC cable for $30 now! I wish I knew about this earlier lol... if this cable performs as well as Ted's, I'd buy them in a heartbeat. :P

 

http://www.mp4nation.net/fiio-rc-wt1-silver-plated-re-cable-for-westone-um3xrc-w4r-jh13-jh16

I've heard that Fiio cables break down really easily and aren't worth the trouble.

post #817 of 866

Which site did you guys go to order the C4's?  The one I found says they are about $900+.  Not oo long ago they were only about $800+.  Have they gone up that much already in price?

post #818 of 866
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiiancerveza View Post

Which site did you guys go to order the C4's?  The one I found says they are about $900+.  Not oo long ago they were only about $800+.  Have they gone up that much already in price?

They were originally $900. Price might be currency fluctuations. Or it could be that they no longer have the 5%/10% discount.

post #819 of 866

I see.  Thanks.  Is this the site?  

 

http://shop.frogbeats.com/frogbeats-c4-34

post #820 of 866
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiiancerveza View Post

I see.  Thanks.  Is this the site?  

 

http://shop.frogbeats.com/frogbeats-c4-34

Yes. :) I should warn you of particularly long wait times. Just saying.

post #821 of 866

Has anyone done the rush orders???  I thought I read a few people who did and they said they got them within a few weeks?  Or am I just hoping this?

post #822 of 866
^Took three weeks (including one over the Chinese New Year though)
post #823 of 866

I'm assuming you did the rush order?  Sorry I haven't been in the thread for a while and don't remember who said what.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23t23dS View Post

^Took three weeks (including one over the Chinese New Year though)
post #824 of 866
Yup thats right
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiiancerveza View Post

I'm assuming you did the rush order?  Sorry I haven't been in the thread for a while and don't remember who said what.  
post #825 of 866
How are you liking it so far?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Frogbeats Custom-IEM Appreciation Thread