Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Frogbeats Custom-IEM Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Frogbeats Custom-IEM Appreciation Thread - Page 41

post #601 of 863
Thanks for the info.

 

 

Got the pic on 18 March, received the C4s 3 April, 16 days later. However the shipment did get hung up due to bad weather.

I hope I don't get mine 16 days later...going out to sea in a week!

post #602 of 863
x3 on the picture/delivery side of things...
post #603 of 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshS1703 View Post

x3 on the picture/delivery side of things...

 

+4 on the picture.

 

and also, still awaiting info for the refits. I had some unanswered questions...and it's been a week. I hope nothing gets confused.

post #604 of 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omphalopsychite View Post

 

Unfortunately there are no audio stores anywhere near where I live.  It would require a couple days travel and a hotel stay.  The Clip+ will have to do at this point.

 

 

Thanks for the info on impedence.

 

I'd hate to spend money experimenting with different DAPs, amps, etc. trying to find a really good match for the C4s only to find I still liked the F111s better. The Clip+ doesn't have to show the C4s at their absolute best, only provide accurate enough sound to compare them to my F111s.

 

 

The sensitivity of the C4s seems comparable to the F111s which are significantly more sensitive than my PL50s.  The soundstage of the F111/J3 is very good. The bass is quite clean but doesn't go really deep but that could be due to the F111s.  Overall the sound is exceptionally good.

 

 

Thanks HideousPride. 

 

I don't listen to music at high volumes.  One thing I noticed right away I noticed right away with the F111s is they were more sensitive and had significantly greater dynamic range than my old PL50s. In some symphonic works there are soft passages that I can barely hear when the loudest passages are approaching too loud. It'll be interesting to compare the C4s when the Clip+ arrives in a week or so.

 

 

 

Thanks for the info.

 

 

Got the pic on 18 March, received the C4s 3 April, 16 days later. However the shipment did get hung up due to bad weather.

I actually use a clip+ with a fiio e6, doesn't cost much but the fiio e6 does improve the sound. However, the hisoundaudio still wins regarding sound quality, even though it has more hiss.

I'd recommend something from hisoundaudio, they are very euphoric sounding, insane soundstage really and they're very reasonably priced.

 

I'd say it would be waste to just disregard the C4s because they aren't working well with a certain player. I think it's worth to invest a little bit in a good dap. 

A good dap doesn't have to cost a lot though, the new nova line of hisoundaudio costs about $150, and the rocoo p player costs about $100 (if you can find it). Then there is the colorfly c3 which is about $160.

 

I think all these daps will be an improvement for both the fitears and the frogbeats coming from the cowon player. I do think the sansa clip players sound a bit wooly, not a big soundstage and slightly unclear compared to my other sources.

post #605 of 863

Just got an email from David confirming that my C4s had been dispatched, and would be with me by 1pm tomorrow.

 

So excited, time to put some test tracks together!

post #606 of 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cebi View Post

Just got an email from David confirming that my C4s had been dispatched, and would be with me by 1pm tomorrow.

 

So excited, time to put some test tracks together!

Gratz bro!! was your on rush order and how long was the waiting? :D 

post #607 of 863

Got my pic seven days ago, just been told they've been shipped out.

post #608 of 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleybob217 View Post

I actually use a clip+ with a fiio e6, doesn't cost much but the fiio e6 does improve the sound. However, the hisoundaudio still wins regarding sound quality, even though it has more hiss.

I'd recommend something from hisoundaudio, they are very euphoric sounding, insane soundstage really and they're very reasonably priced.

 

I think all these daps will be an improvement for both the fitears and the frogbeats coming from the cowon player. I do think the sansa clip players sound a bit wooly, not a big soundstage and slightly unclear compared to my other sources.

 

Would offer a friendly challenge for an objective, or even subjective proof of the E6 improving the sound of the Clip+.  I don't think it would do any good, and might actually do some harm.

 

Copy pasted measurements of the Clip+:

  • Frequency Response: Ruler flat from 10 hz to 20 Khz and very accurate
  • Distortion: Below 0.05% which most agree is inaudible
  • Maximum Output: About 15 mW--higher than average
  • Output Impedance: An extremely impressive 1 ohm (dedicated headphone amp territory)

 

Plenty of clean power to drive all efficient headphones you're likely to pair with the DAP. Would also challenge your claim on the players being woolly, lacking in soundstage and unclear (same as woolly?). It's razor clean to my ears and neutral as all get out. Nothing is modified or added, which might account for the euphonic sound from hisoundaudio players (not a knock on their DAP).

 

Have briefly auditioned hisoundaudio and personally couldn't deal with the hiss, spoiled by the noiseless backgrounds I'm used to from on-ear headphone listening with DAC/AMP pairings. To each their own of course! If you like the E6+Clip pairing, then by all means continue to do so.

 

beerchug.gif

Reply
post #609 of 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shini44 View Post

Gratz bro!! was your on rush order and how long was the waiting? :D 

 


Thanks :D

 

Normal order. The actual manufacture from when David stated it had started was 6 weeks. But there were days at the beginning whilst my impressions were being shipped to the manufacturer from Frogbeats, and a week this side for shipping back and quality control.

post #610 of 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by HideousPride View Post

 

Would offer a friendly challenge for an objective, or even subjective proof of the E6 improving the sound of the Clip+.  I don't think it would do any good, and might actually do some harm.

 

Copy pasted measurements of the Clip+:

  • Frequency Response: Ruler flat from 10 hz to 20 Khz and very accurate
  • Distortion: Below 0.05% which most agree is inaudible
  • Maximum Output: About 15 mW--higher than average
  • Output Impedance: An extremely impressive 1 ohm (dedicated headphone amp territory)

 

Plenty of clean power to drive all efficient headphones you're likely to pair with the DAP. Would also challenge your claim on the players being woolly, lacking in soundstage and unclear (same as woolly?). It's razor clean to my ears and neutral as all get out. Nothing is modified or added, which might account for the euphonic sound from hisoundaudio players (not a knock on their DAP).

 

Have briefly auditioned hisoundaudio and personally couldn't deal with the hiss, spoiled by the noiseless backgrounds I'm used to from on-ear headphone listening with DAC/AMP pairings. To each their own of course! If you like the E6+Clip pairing, then by all means continue to do so.

 

beerchug.gif

It is a bit wooly sounding though, the specs you provided have nothing to do with detail. It's probably the dac, and yes the E6 is not going to change that.

However, the E6 does enhance the sound a bit for the better. Soundstage is a tad bigger, and clarity is also a tad better. It also gives the sound a bit more 'oomph', as in p.r.a.t.

 

 

The clip players are good for the price, but they are not the besting sounding daps out there. Even if the hisoundaudio players would use enhancements, they do it darn good, and they sound darn good. The hiss is only annoying when it's silent, but I usually do not use IEMs when there is no outside noise.

 

I don't use the clip and E6 anymore because the rocoo p sounds that much better. Even with the hiss.

post #611 of 863

Better not to turn this into a DAP debate or go down the sound science route, so I'll chalk up our differing opinions to a difference in preference. No harm meant mate. wink.gif

 

Still finding the C4s very enjoyable, but am somewhat looking at the Fitear line myself. Have always been curious about their universal IEMs and the supposed SQ behind them, might have to check it out for myself sometime soon.

Reply
post #612 of 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cebi View Post

Just got an email from David confirming that my C4s had been dispatched, and would be with me by 1pm tomorrow.

 

So excited, time to put some test tracks together!

Me too lol... though I don't expect mine by tomorrow. Maybe Monday or Tuesday :P

post #613 of 863

Looks like we're in for a flood of new owners! Going to be interesting to hear what the second wave of Head-Fiers think about it.

Reply
post #614 of 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by HideousPride View Post

Better not to turn this into a DAP debate or go down the sound science route, so I'll chalk up our differing opinions to a difference in preference. No harm meant mate. wink.gif

 

Still finding the C4s very enjoyable, but am somewhat looking at the Fitear line myself. Have always been curious about their universal IEMs and the supposed SQ behind them, might have to check it out for myself sometime soon.

I know, I do agree mostly, the clip (zip) is very clean and neutral sounding, but it's a bit dry for my taste. Jeesh I hope anyone understand what I just said, vague much!

 

I would be quite curious to know how the C4 performs against a uIEM in that price range (from a good source). Taking the source variable out of the comparison.

post #615 of 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshot View Post

Me too lol... though I don't expect mine by tomorrow. Maybe Monday or Tuesday :P


Haha ha ha... ha... :(

 

Hopes will not go up until C4s are comfortably fitted into my ears and sound checks are all green!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Frogbeats Custom-IEM Appreciation Thread