Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Frogbeats Custom-IEM Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Frogbeats Custom-IEM Appreciation Thread - Page 38

post #556 of 868

Good luck to both of you then (:

post #557 of 868
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshot View Post

Amen.... Otherwise I might be flipping tables around here.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTrewwye View Post


Hey! I'd have to live with it for 2 months and then still pay David for a refit D:

 

David just sent me the DHL import. I'll finally be parting with my C4s this week sometime when I decide to send them out. 

 

Any suggestions to cope with the withdrawals. I should have an extra $500 in funds for something else, but of course, cheaper is never a bad thing as long as it doesn't sacrifice that much quality.

post #558 of 868

Wow... I was about to say thats way darker than what the diesel lok like but I guess you asked for them to be a little darker?

Quote:
Originally Posted by itshot View Post

Dayum.... that blue/clear coloring does look pretty good. In any case these are what mine look like.

 

Apparently, I have a super dark grey color - its not black.

 

 

 

I think it was mentioned that they were the lucky strike.  IDK I'm too lazy to look for it.  But if they are the clear ones I think I'll need to note it that I want the clear ones.  Dangit... I think I'm gna go look now...lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by 23t23dS View Post

That's the clear shell. I kinda wish I'd gone with that design for mine too...
post #559 of 868
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiiancerveza View Post

Wow... I was about to say thats way darker than what the diesel lok like but I guess you asked for them to be a little darker?

 

Nop ... I got the email and it was like this. :P

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveTan View Post

 

Any suggestions to cope with the withdrawals. I should have an extra $500 in funds for something else, but of course, cheaper is never a bad thing as long as it doesn't sacrifice that much quality.

 

HE-400's? lol... not the last word on neutrality and I doubt it'll sound anywhere close to the C4's sound sig, but you'll be able to sell them back quick and with minimal loss.


Edited by itshot - 4/1/13 at 10:31pm
post #560 of 868

Wow either way they look awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itshot View Post

Nop ... I got the email and it was like this. :P

 

 

HE-400's? lol... not the last word on neutrality and I doubt it'll sound anywhere close to the C4's sound sig, but you'll be able to sell them back quick and with minimal loss.

 

23t23ds: Ya they were the clear shell.  Shucks, seems they get finger prints on them easily.  Thats it I'm not going to get these!... haha ya right.  These are on my radar either way.  

post #561 of 868
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshot View Post

Nop ... I got the email and it was like this. :P

 

 

HE-400's? lol... not the last word on neutrality and I doubt it'll sound anywhere close to the C4's sound sig, but you'll be able to sell them back quick and with minimal loss.

I was actually considering the Mad Dogs. Seeing as it is all the rage, and my friend is definitely a fan of them. Either way, I'll be expecting a 2 month wait period, so hopefully they will be quite good. 

post #562 of 868
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveTan View Post

I was actually considering the Mad Dogs. Seeing as it is all the rage, and my friend is definitely a fan of them. Either way, I'll be expecting a 2 month wait period, so hopefully they will be quite good. 

They've very comfortable.

 

Probably the best thing I can say about them. Okay value at their price point IMO.

post #563 of 868
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveTan View Post

I was actually considering the Mad Dogs. Seeing as it is all the rage, and my friend is definitely a fan of them. Either way, I'll be expecting a 2 month wait period, so hopefully they will be quite good. 

Honestly, I think the C4s are better than the Mad Dogs. At the very least they are even. I haven't listened to the C4s (obviously), but I have to the Maddogs and the tdk BA200. And I don't think the BA200 is that much worse (about 85% of the sq level of MDs) than the Maddogs, let alone a cIEM with double the amount of drivers.

post #564 of 868
Quote:
Originally Posted by HideousPride View Post

They've very comfortable.

 

Probably the best thing I can say about them. Okay value at their price point IMO.

Would you have any other suggestions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleybob217 View Post

Honestly, I think the C4s are better than the Mad Dogs. At the very least they are even. I haven't listened to the C4s (obviously), but I have to the Maddogs and the tdk BA200. And I don't think the BA200 is that much worse (about 85% of the sq level of MDs) than the Maddogs, let alone a cIEM with double the amount of drivers.

We'll, I am trying to find something that can occupy the void of my C4s when they're gone. So its most likely to be something below C4 performance. I'm not necessarily looking for an  upgrade, just a "filler headphone." 

 

I'm also eyeing maybe a used F111. 

post #565 of 868
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveTan View Post

Would you have any other suggestions?

We'll, I am trying to find something that can occupy the void of my C4s when they're gone. So its most likely to be something below C4 performance. I'm not necessarily looking for an  upgrade, just a "filler headphone." 

 

I'm also eyeing maybe a used F111. 

Oh ok, didn't get that. You're doing a refit right? How much is that going to cost you? Maddogs are still very good though, but they need a good amp. 

post #566 of 868
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleybob217 View Post

Oh ok, didn't get that. You're doing a refit right? How much is that going to cost you? Maddogs are still very good though, but they need a good amp. 

Well, prob shipping costs...which could cost up to $100 (there and back) depending on how Frogbeats handles it. I have no idea. They just gave me the waybill for DHL. No further comunication yet. Hopefully they can clarify things for me.

post #567 of 868
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveTan View Post

Would you have any other suggestions?

We'll, I am trying to find something that can occupy the void of my C4s when they're gone. So its most likely to be something below C4 performance. I'm not necessarily looking for an  upgrade, just a "filler headphone." 

 

I'm also eyeing maybe a used F111. 

Small ears? If so, grab a pair of Senn Momentums. Great on the go, sound quality is good. Great resale value currently. Get $50 off retail from Razordog.

 

Want something really cheap that'll work until you get it back but sounds good plugged straight into a DAP? Citiscape Uptown/Downtown. Just take care not to snap the flimsy cable.

post #568 of 868
Quote:
Originally Posted by HideousPride View Post

Small ears? If so, grab a pair of Senn Momentums. Great on the go, sound quality is good. Great resale value currently. Get $50 off retail from Razordog.

 

Want something really cheap that'll work until you get it back but sounds good plugged straight into a DAP? Citiscape Uptown/Downtown. Just take care not to snap the flimsy cable.

Big ears sort of. Depth is pretty important. Looking for a good match with the C4s in terms of quality. That way i can have a home setup/port or a backup in case something breaks etc. something taht can stand on relatively equal ground.


Edited by EveTan - 4/2/13 at 11:21am
post #569 of 868

For reference, what are some headphones you've tried on in the past that have fit you very comfortably?

 

Are you planning on taking them on the go? If just home use, Sennheiser 598! They do anime OSTs super well. :) Been loving the new EGOIST/Supercell songs.

post #570 of 868
Quote:
Originally Posted by HideousPride View Post

For reference, what are some headphones you've tried on in the past that have fit you very comfortably?

 

Are you planning on taking them on the go? If just home use, Sennheiser 598! They do anime OSTs super well. :) Been loving the new EGOIST/Supercell songs.

Only the lcd2/3 and hd800s fit my ears relatively comfortably. M100s pad depths were horrid for my ears.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Frogbeats Custom-IEM Appreciation Thread