Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Frogbeats Custom-IEM Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Frogbeats Custom-IEM Appreciation Thread - Page 25

post #361 of 868

Was wondering, when you finaly receive your customs from Frogbeats, are they shipped from UK or China?

post #362 of 868
From UK
post #363 of 868

Same here.

post #364 of 868

Omphalopsychite and I are still waiting. :(

 

My buddha-level patience might be starting to wear. C'mon frogbeats... if I grow tired of waiting, then you've accomplished something lol.


Edited by itshot - 3/17/13 at 10:05am
post #365 of 868
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshot View Post

Omphalopsychite and I are still waiting. :(

 

My buddha-level patience might be starting to wear. C'mon frogbeats... if I grow tired of waiting, then you've accomplished something lol.

 

I am as well.

post #366 of 868

Does anyone know with absolute certainty (not conjecture)  if the C4's can be reshelled?  I want to listen to music so I'm about ready to bail on Frogbeats and accept my losses. I'm thinking of buying a UEIM like Heir 4.ai and selling the C4's when (if) they ever arrive but I need to be certain they could be reshelled.  I know it would be a huge financial loss but it would be an even bigger relief not to have this Frogbeat circus continue ad naseum.

 

Thanks,

 

O.
 


Edited by Omphalopsychite - 3/17/13 at 8:26pm
post #367 of 868

All CIEMs can be reshelled... but I feel it'd be a real shame if you did decide to let them go before you even got them :(

 

Also, the 4.ai are not really that good imo... it had a midrange suckout from what I recall when I had them.


Edited by itshot - 3/17/13 at 8:38pm
post #368 of 868

I have the 4.A and the C4, and IMO the C4 is a significant upgrade.
 

post #369 of 868
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshot View Post

All CIEMs can be reshelled... but I feel it'd be a real shame if you did decide to let them go before you even got them :(

 

Also, the 4.ai are not really that good imo... it had a midrange suckout from what I recall when I had them.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23t23dS View Post

I have the 4.A and the C4, and IMO the C4 is a significant upgrade.
 

 

Thanks for your comments.

 

But how long should I wait, another week, a month, several months?  How many more extended build times,  unanswered emails?

 

I'm about at the point where I just want to move on be rid of the aggravation, worrying if they'll fit (if they didn't I'd definately dump them before spending months going through the whole process again), etc.

 

One big advantage to the 4.ai is that I could actually get them and be listening to music with something other than my old pl-50s.  A much cheaper option that would likely still be a significant improvement are the RE-400s. 

 

I actually got a response from David after demanding a refund (he didn't address that!) last week where he said:

 

Quote:
I'm chasing up our engineers who should have updated me on your order status today. I'm expecting a confirmation of your completed CIEMs tomorrow or Monday. 
 
I apologise for this, I'm chasing up exactly why there's been a slight delay on your order.

 

Because of past experience I'm skeptical. Tomorrow will be Monday in the UK,  if David doesn't come through this time and doesn't notify me or tells me they won't be ready for XXX I'll be considering my options.

post #370 of 868

If you do consider going the universal IEM route, stay away from the 4.Ai. redface.gif Had it, liked it as an upgrade from $40 earphones, but heard some other things in the price range since that blow it out of the water.

Reply
post #371 of 868
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omphalopsychite View Post

 

 

Thanks for your comments.

 

But how long should I wait, another week, a month, several months?  How many more extended build times,  unanswered emails?

 

I'm about at the point where I just want to move on be rid of the aggravation, worrying if they'll fit (if they didn't I'd definately dump them before spending months going through the whole process again), etc.

 

One big advantage to the 4.ai is that I could actually get them and be listening to music with something other than my old pl-50s.  A much cheaper option that would likely still be a significant improvement are the RE-400s. 

 

I actually got a response from David after demanding a refund (he didn't address that!) last week where he said:

 

 

Because of past experience I'm skeptical. Tomorrow will be Monday in the UK,  if David doesn't come through this time and doesn't notify me or tells me they won't be ready for XXX I'll be considering my options.

Not to burst your bubble...but David normally doesn't respond until the middle of the week. So around Wed/Thurs UK time. 

 

Has your wait been longer than 10 weeks? If so, then...well, I'm sorry that it has come to this. Including shipping, mine also was around 10 weeks. I'd really hate to see you lose out by bailing. 10 weeks seems  like the average, perhaps a little less, a little more.

post #372 of 868
Quote:
Originally Posted by HideousPride View Post

If you do consider going the universal IEM route, stay away from the 4.Ai. redface.gif Had it, liked it as an upgrade from $40 earphones, but heard some other things in the price range since that blow it out of the water.

Specifically, how would you describe your C4s vs your Hd800s? I got to demo them once again, and wonder if my thoughts were accurate from such a short AB session.

post #373 of 868
Quote:
Originally Posted by HideousPride View Post

If you do consider going the universal IEM route, stay away from the 4.Ai. redface.gif Had it, liked it as an upgrade from $40 earphones, but heard some other things in the price range since that blow it out of the water.

 

Such as?  I'm looking for something well suited for classical music and the company must have good customer service.  I've read through a lot of stuff on this forum and it seemed the 4.ai was highly thought of.

post #374 of 868
Quote:
Originally Posted by HideousPride View Post

If you do consider going the universal IEM route, stay away from the 4.Ai. redface.gif
 Had it, liked it as an upgrade from $40 earphones, but heard some other things in the price range since that blow it out of the water.

I had the same experience as well, the 4.A was the gold standard for me until I heard the C4
post #375 of 868
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omphalopsychite View Post

 

Such as?  I'm looking for something well suited for classical music and the company must have good customer service.  I've read through a lot of stuff on this forum and it seemed the 4.ai was highly thought of.

Overhyped on the forums. Shure 535 is one to look into for universals, I'm a fan. 

Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Frogbeats Custom-IEM Appreciation Thread