Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Frogbeats Custom-IEM Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Frogbeats Custom-IEM Appreciation Thread - Page 18

post #256 of 868

Thelonious Monk's Straight, No Chaser is a good one for sound stage.

post #257 of 868
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveTan View Post

Hey. Hideous Pride, how much was the shipping cost to do refits? I have a feeling I might want to refit my left side, but I am unsure. It's not terrible, just slightly a bit loose. No seal is lost.


X2, what is Frogbeats's warranty and repair policy? Not that there's anything wrong with my pair, but in my experience customs might require some repair work down the road.

post #258 of 868
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23t23dS View Post


X2, what is Frogbeats's warranty and repair policy? Not that there's anything wrong with my pair, but in my experience customs might require some repair work down the road.

I think it's one year. That's the standard.

post #259 of 868
Im banned from chanstar for having a opinion, I can get on via proxy server but I cant be bothered. the suckout you referred to on the c4 wasn't known about until the graph showed up and Im pretty sure LFF commented he couldn't hear it so I personally think the c4 crossover tuning is good. Maybe meaninglessness is to stronger word but there some people on here who have the heir customs and the c4 which have a pretty much have identical graphs but sound worlds apart at which point I think are the graphs meaningful? Edit typos android phone fat thumbs.
Edited by fuzzy1969 - 3/3/13 at 12:15am
post #260 of 868

Just to confirm (as I have a slightly dodgy cable), Ive emailed David and they are westone 4r compatible, I will be doubly sure when the cable arrives.

 

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=261172801078

post #261 of 868
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyPForever View Post

as my research , actually they use the same driver config , even filters are the same too .............. but i do find they're sound different , too ............... i told tomcsy2000 before but seem like he didn't believe me :))

 

@fuzz : i try to plug my c4s in to glacier but the result is not really good ..........i feel everything are nice except the narrow soundstage ........ how your C5s sound when pair with glacier

I find the c5 pair well with the apex but I think the apex was designed for fun customs like the JH16, but as you have the c4 which is a neutral custom then maybe look for a neutral or transparent  amp or find somewhere you can demo them. edit but then my hd650's sound good out of the apex so I might be wrong.


Edited by fuzzy1969 - 3/4/13 at 3:05am
post #262 of 868
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveTan View Post

Hey. Hideous Pride, how much was the shipping cost to do refits? I have a feeling I might want to refit my left side, but I am unsure. It's not terrible, just slightly a bit loose. No seal is lost.

Hi Eve,

 

Run a few songs in mono, or songs that cut dramatically to each side and compare dynamics. For me personally, when it was a fit issue the problem wasn't so much soundstage as a lack of balance of sound from the two earpieces. 

 

I think shipping costs will be different for everyone. FWIW, I rushed it 2 day and ended up paying... I believe ~$30-$35. Turnaround time for getting it back is about the same as placing an order though, think it's been more than a month and David just emailed me today saying that my C4 was finally finished and on its way back to the UK. redface.gif I hope you have something to tide you over if you end up gonig fo a reshell.

post #263 of 868

Its taken me a while to master the fitting (my first customs) but I found the best way put them by putting the wires/shell forward and screwing the nozzle into the ear canal I also recently discovered that moving the flap in number 2 over the edge of the custom and they are rock solid.

 

 

post #264 of 868
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzy1969 View Post

Just to confirm (as I have a slightly dodgy cable), Ive emailed David and they are westone 4r compatible, I will be doubly sure when the cable arrives.

 

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=261172801078

Is that cable a good quality cable to get that is affordable price? 

post #265 of 868

Not sure, the cable that came with my c5 is a cheap westone cable (I think) which has a break in the wire Its and only done it a couple times I just ordered the cheapest one I could find I think the westone cable is about £20 (I think), this one just looks better put together. Its also the link I emailed to David and he said yes it should fit.


Edited by fuzzy1969 - 3/4/13 at 12:00pm
post #266 of 868
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzy1969 View Post

Not sure, the cable that came with my c5 is a cheap westone cable (I think) which has a break in the wire Its and only done it a couple times I just ordered the cheapest one I could find I think the westone cable is about £20 (I think), this one just looks better put together. Its also the link I emailed to David and he said yes it should fit.

 

I was thinking of getting an jh audio iphone compatible cable, but $50 seems like quite the stretch. Plus, it doesn't seem like a sturdy cable.

post #267 of 868

Im not sure there the same, I have some Ultimate Ears triple.fi (I havn't seen a JH cable but JH was the guy behind the UE customs before he sold out to logitech) and although the pins are the same distance apart they are not the same the c5s have a flush fit the triple.fi's are not flush.

post #268 of 868

There are these on ebay

 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_nkw=iphone+westone+cable&_sacat=0&_odkw=iphone+remote+cable&LH_BIN=1&_osacat=0&_from=R40

 

I wont able to confirm the cable I ordered fits for at least 2 weeks, but Im pretty sure it will.

post #269 of 868

Well the 5 week build time for my C4s is now at 8 weeks and counting.  No response to my most recent email asking for a ship date. This is just poor service for an expensive luxury item. My big worry now is that when they finally do arrive they'll need a refit and facing several more months of waiting. 

 

I do regret getting customs now, it's just not worth the aggravation of repeated shipping delays and lack of communication. Should've just got a good set of non-custom IEMs.

 

frown.gif

post #270 of 868
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omphalopsychite View Post

Well the 5 week build time for my C4s is now at 8 weeks and counting.  No response to my most recent email asking for a ship date. This is just poor service for an expensive luxury item. My big worry now is that when they finally do arrive they'll need a refit and facing several more months of waiting. 

 

I do regret getting customs now, it's just not worth the aggravation of repeated shipping delays and lack of communication. Should've just got a good set of non-custom IEMs.

 

frown.gif

 

Many other customs company are fast and responsive. Frogbeats is just...

 

I am waiting with you. Not sure how long more as well and hopefully there won't be a need for refit.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Frogbeats Custom-IEM Appreciation Thread