Hi all I haven't posted in a while.
I am giving Foobar2000 a shot. Usually I use iTunes on Windows 7.
I mainly downloaded it so I can play FLAC and other loseless. I heard it uses less memory, but that's not really a big deal because I have a good computer.
The main thing is I want to have a nice layout. The default is too bland for me. I heard it's a tough program to customize.
The things I like...
- Album art visible (I have all high quality album art).
- Easy access to playlists
- Full information on the song - track, bitrate, track/album title, date of the song, genre, track #, times played, etc.
- Search bar to quickly search songs. I have a huge library.
I did one of the built in layouts and it's ok, but it has this ugly spectrogram at the bottom.
- How well does Foobar keep music organized? When I edit songs in Foobar, will they get changed permanently? For example iTunes I can change the title of the song and it corrects the actual file in the iTunes folder. In earlier versions of iTunes I remember it didn't do this though.
- Is the best way to keep all my music in "my music" folder in Windows?
- In iTunes I can right click a track and go "Get Info" and if any track #'s are in the wrong order, I can quickly edit all of them without closing the "Get Info" window. Can I do this in Foobar?
- Can I change when the duration of the song starts? For example there are some samples at the start or at the end of songs I don't want to hear. in iTunes I can set a song to start at 5 seconds instead of 0.
I think that's it. All I can remember for now.