Hey guys, I'm just looking for some new over ear cans, my price range is like up to $200 MAYBE a bit more if they are really that great, let me know what you guys think are some good options other than the super obvious M50s lol.
- productAKG K167 Tiesto Closed-Back DJ Studio Headphonestagged by System, 11/18/12
- productAudio Technica ATH-A900X | Art Monitor Headphones (Japan Import)tagged by System, 11/18/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 11/18/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 11/18/12
- productBRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 11/18/12
- productKoss PRODJ100tagged by System, 11/18/12
- productLogitech UE 6000tagged by System, 11/18/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 11/18/12
- productPhilips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptowntagged by System, 11/18/12
- productShure SRH840tagged by System, 11/18/12More
- productSony MDR-ZX-700tagged by System, 11/18/12
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by System, 11/18/12
- productUltrasone PRO 750tagged by System, 11/18/12
- productV-MODA LP2tagged by System, 11/18/12
Related Forum Threads
- No clue of what headphones to get. Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:59am in Headphones (full-size)
- headphone confusion! (again im affraid) need help buying new cans Last post on 11/20/12 at 4:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K 271 MK II or Shure SHR940? Last post on 11/18/12 at 9:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Alternatives to ATH-M50? Last post on 11/15/12 at 7:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Closed Headphones for Competitive Gaming Last post on 8/22/12 at 2:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 8/29/14
Ah, yes. The SE215, quite possibly the most popular entry-level IEM on the market at the moment, and for good reason. These headphones are perfect for any budding audio enthusiast thanks to its...
Shure has definitely outdone themselves with this wonderful product. Never have I experienced more clarity in a pair of IEMs. For someone who listens to alternative rock, pop, and an assorted array...
Videos only at the moment. I'll do a write-up later. Apologies if you were hoping for something to read. Unboxing and design details: More details about the cables, sound and possible...
Introduction – Read Heath Audio (or RHA for short) are soon to release their latest and greatest earphone, the T10i. Much like the rest of RHA’s products, the T10i’s were designed to offer premium...
I've owned an EarMax and Sennheiser HD 580's for 20 years, so I'm already familiar with tubed OTL headphone amps. The linestage of my old Quicksilver started developing some noise, and I didn't...
Looking for some new Over Ear canspost #1 of 311/16/12 at 3:29pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 311/16/12 at 3:58pmThere are a ton of headphones that sound considerably better than the M50 in that price range.
You are going to need to list your preferences. What music do you listen to? Looking for a bassy?, neutral?, portable?, non portable?, open aired or closed?, etc.post #3 of 311/16/12 at 4:06pmQuote:
Knowing nothing of your preferences, needs, style concerns, comfort issues, source equipment, and music genres (hint?), here's some off the wall suggestions:
Ultrasone HFI 580
Ultrasone PRO 750
Logitech UE 6000
Koss DJ PRO 100
- Looking for some new Over Ear cans
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › ATH-M50's left side stopped working? 4 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM 4 minutes ago
- › Destroyed my HE-400, what to get now? 5 minutes ago
- › In-Depth Comparison: Ultimate Ears In-Ear Reference Monitor & Noble... 7 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 8 minutes ago
- › Melbourne Head-Fi meet in second half of 2014 10 minutes ago
- › Little Dot MK VI / Little Dot MK VIII SE Owners Unite 11 minutes ago
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Terja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by xonarboy87
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › Facebook, Ericsson & XL Indonesia Create...
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3